#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Shoot, I knew there was something else I wanted to ask! I have to run, but will check back later....but:

Does anyone from the NYC area, or who has used a service successfully, have a suggestion as to a car service or option to get from JFK down to Broadway? Last time we used Carmel Limo and were VERY unhappy with them, so we won't be doing that again. There are three of us and we would prefer a car service, I think, to a shuttle~but I'm open to suggestions.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but honestly - the Airtrain and subway, if you're going to stay in the theatre district, is such a good option. One Airtrain ride, right to Jamaica Station, one subway, right to Port Authority or Penn Station. Voila - seven dollars.

Ooh yeah, and happy three months birthday, little guy!! :wub:

Or if there are three of you, just take a taxi. Shuttles are going to charge by the person, so with three, you won't save anything, and the one I was in drove all over NY before getting to Times Square.

Or if there are three of you, just take a taxi. Shuttles are going to charge by the person, so with three, you won't save anything, and the one I was in drove all over NY before getting to Times Square.

That's true - and it's a flat fee into the city (I think it was $40 plus tolls?) Seems like it cost us $60 with the tip - split three ways that's not so bad.

I'm with dancermom (*waves*). It was a fun, fun show! Many of the shows I attended last spring were special to me as "family outings" with the fandom. Last night, it was like wandering in to a great new show on Broadway. It was more complete, more cohesive and more about the show than about having a reunion with friends in the audience. I love how this cast works together! BTW, complete signed posters and playbills are available at $40 for a poster and $20 for a playbill -- anyone want one? Thankful4Clay I have your October playbill here with me all packaged up, just need to actually mail it.

THANK YOU!!

Final call today from Claysbridge:

Lots of cheering for Clay's parts. Especially when he said "Jews" and during his first dance and as he approached the piano. She said all the actors were really on fire.

When the King announced the pictures for the Broadway Cares, Clay held up something (Aiken fog here) to illustrate.

The pictures are only $50 this time and come with an autographed frame. They are taken with Clay, Rick, and Tom all together. Jerome told everyone in line, about 60 fans, there was to be no pinching of the butt-cheeks!

Unbelievable! :what_d_fuck: (never used this emotie, but I thought it was appropriate)

QUOTE(shineinnc @ Nov 8 2008, 07:04 PM) *

just saw this post from Clayphan76 over at OFC:

Just got a call from someone at the Shubert that the pics are going up to $100.00 because a fan went and complained that $50.00 was too cheap and Clay was selling himself short.

If this is true, I do not agree with this. I just feel that by having it cheaper, it will get more people, not just fans, to partake in the pic event. I guess we'll wait and see what goes on tonight........

Unbelievable! :what_d_fuck: (never used this emotie, but I thought it was appropriate)

QUOTE(shineinnc @ Nov 8 2008, 07:04 PM) *

just saw this post from Clayphan76 over at OFC:

Just got a call from someone at the Shubert that the pics are going up to $100.00 because a fan went and complained that $50.00 was too cheap and Clay was selling himself short.

If this is true, I do not agree with this. I just feel that by having it cheaper, it will get more people, not just fans, to partake in the pic event. I guess we'll wait and see what goes on tonight........

That just makes me shake my head. I guess this "fan" didn't think about the fact that not everyone has an extra $100 that they can spend on a picture, but they might have been able to do $50.

Hello from Toronto! I had a fun day with luckiestdaughter, chilling out, window shopping, we took a free ride up the CN Tower (it pays to know someone who works there), and then I capped it off with a really nice dinner tonight with friends (including FromClaygary who was also in town). Unfortunately for luckiestdaughter, she had to go to work (but I brought her some left overs anyways ;) ).

So pics with Clay & cast are within my price range, and I'm not going to be there? Argh. Wonder how much it would cost to bump my trip up by a week?.....just kidding, I can't afford the trip as it is, but I'm still going. :P Only 4 1/2 more weeks! I hope lots of people are able to take advantage of the affordable offer (whether it's $50 or $100). It's money well spent (and it's going to a good cause)!

I actually went over to the OFC and requested that the original clarify where the information came from that the price had been changed.

I know that we often get wrong information and I wanted some sort of attribution...haven't heard anything yet.

I was just passing along the information; don't kill the messenger.

Kim

So pics with Clay & cast are within my price range, and I'm not going to be there? Argh. Wonder how much it would cost to bump my trip up by a week?.....just kidding, I can't afford the trip as it is, but I'm still going. :P Only 4 1/2 more weeks! I hope lots of people are able to take advantage of the affordable offer (whether it's $50 or $100). It's money well spent (and it's going to a good cause)!

Since I just got back yesterday, I really hope there are other things that fans who can't go again or even ever can purchase. Using Ebay would make that possible. If not, I'll just donate some cash. I did give a few dollars to Wicked when I was there. They must have started earlier again.

I hope all the fans there tonight can get their pictures taken. I think that for $50. there might be too many getting their pictures taken. So it could just be a time savings price increase.

Thanks for the suggeations, Cindy and jmh!

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but honestly - the Airtrain and subway, if you're going to stay in the theatre district, is such a good option. One Airtrain ride, right to Jamaica Station, one subway, right to Port Authority or Penn Station. Voila - seven dollars.

Ooh yeah, and happy three months birthday, little guy!! :wub:

I get that the Airtrain and subway are viable~but just can NOT see me and my intrepid companions :lol: hauling umpty-dozen suitcases blocks and blocks to the hotel. I know my back won't take it, and I'm not sure about the others.

jmh, do you happen to know if taxis are generally available/waiting at the airport, or do they need to be pre-booked?

:hello: to luckiest1....that was fun! And the subway was so efficient getting me back to Finch I could hardly believe it. About 1.5 hrs restaurant door to computer desk. :)

From Deemerat CV:

Hi!!!! Back from my trek to the matinee of spamalot. I need to go back and see what you've heard in red so far, but I wanted to bolt ahead and share three stories about Rick Holmes (Lancelot) from today's matinee, hopefully you haven't heard yet:

1. When the knights who say Ni asked for the shrubbery and then Rick said "and now we gooo", he didn't actually leave right away. King Arthur said why don't you go then... When they returned and he said they were no longer called the Knights who say Ni they were now called....patang patang biscuit barrel...Africa is my favorite country -- no one laughed!! Rick then said, "somebody needs to watch CNN !!" then everybody laughed. He went on but was clearly out of sorts since his joke hadn't worked and he said "maybe we should stop spamalot and have a study session". And when they went through the part about doing a play on broadway and he usually leaves by saying "let's get tickets online" (or "let's go put lipstick on a pig") instead he said "let's get the hell out of here!!" LOL, he was clearly upset by the joke being over our heads. I guess since the election is over, us regular folks in the audience been taking a break from so much news....

2. When he did the French Taunter, he was getting ready to do the traveling rasberry along the wall and he must have slipped. He said outloud as part of the taunt "And I nearly fell down the stairs" and then did the rasberry but was somewhat laughing I think. Clay had a big smile on his face during the taunting, but in an earlier part so I don't know what he was laughing at, but he wasn't really laughing just smiling and had his back to the audience. But since I had a seat up front over on the side I could see his big smile. When Clay tapped on King Arthur's shoulder to say "they are making rude gestures" he tapped for quite a while before he talked. I don't know if he was playing this up for laughs or just getting his composure since this was just after his big smile. He had gotten a hold of himself by the wooden rabbit part.

3. After the show they were doing pictures with Rick Holmes (Lancelot), Tom Deckman (Prince Herbert), and Clay Aiken (our BF) for Broadway Cares for $50 donation each(!!). Just as I was getting farther up in line and there was only one lady ahead of me, Jerome ushered Clay and the other two off stage. He came back and was upset. He told us ladies to put our purses on the other side where we were exiting (last run they did this, they had David Hibbard helping with the purse flow, but not this time). But that wasn't really what he was upset about. He said there had been squeezing and he was not not happy at all. I had seen one lady come up, put her arms around Clay's neck for a hug, but I don't know if there had been other "squeezing" events but apparently there were ( shame shame, ladies! He's not a toy! ). Anyhow, I was worried he was going to stop it but they did come back and let us continue. The person in front of me got her picture without incident. Then I went up and I said to Clay "I love you but I won't squeeze" and he said "You know Rick here likes to be squeezed". Of course, at that point I should have turned to Rick and winked but, alas, I was in the OMGClayis talkingtoME stupor, and I think I just said "oh". My motor skills were sufficiently engaged at this point to pose next to BF in the picture, but I am sorry to say I didn't even look at Rick. I had given a shout out to Rick and Tom before Clay came out and said "you guys were fabulous" and they smiled before so I hope they didn't mind that I completely ignored them when Clay was within 3 feet of me...

Whatever the case with regards to the $50 or $100 pic with Clay, I feel that 'time saving' isn't a good reason to reduce the number of people who can afford to pay for the pic. It's the value of Clay's time being donated, and he is the one who asked for his fans to support the cause. So it's a two-way street for this charity and I always feel that those who are making the biggest sacrifice (i.e. for whom $50 is a lot of money) shouldn't be excluded.

I wonder why they don't do more raffle ticket items... that would bring in a lot of small amounts, and the winner could be someone who just could never have afforded the full value of the item.

OK I have to post even though I haven't read everything. I was at the Mat performance and Rick was not annoyed! It was funny because only a few people got the joke!

Tonight Clay was Hawt..randy...hawt and randy! OMG He did pelvic thrusts and when the king said you can have your picture taken with Clay for $100 and be mounted with him...well the look on his face was priceless and he kept mouthing mounted, mounted!! It was hilarious and sooo hawt!

I will post more later because I have to calm down after seeing the pelvic action!

I paid $50 this a fternoon for a pic with Clay, Rick & Tom!

You need to take my word on this. I've seen this show from many, vantage points in the theatre, quite a *cough*number*cough* of times. Tonight was the HOTTEST show ever!!!!

In one of the scared "about to run away" scenes, he faced the audience, picked up his tunic and pulled it up to his waist and turned and ran away! He talked about getting mounted with the King and looked quite shocked that the King seemed to imply that the photos tonight involved mounting on his part! He kissed one of the dancers at the end of the show! He didn't do Patsy and Belvedere's dance and instead gave us several, very vigorous hip thrusts! I watched it from front row center and it felt like I was about to get impaled (but didn't want to duck). The Lady of the Lake tried to hit him in the tummy but he was too far back. He caught her armor though and shared with the knight above him. Yesterday he put in on. Tonight he again tried to touch the top of the underwear of the dancer dressed like a silver castle. He kept telling girl with the mace to be careful and to watch it. At the "dance" part of "to sing and dance and keep a eye on Lance" he did a very high kick. He picked up something from the ground and gave it to the lady who gave him the torch. The girl in green who was serving the drinks let her fingers do the walking down the length of this thigh. He kept blowing kisses and mouthing "I love you" to the Jewish girls in YWSOB.

I'm still in a stupor, because after all that I got to have my picture taken with him. I'm sure I'll remember more later.

Oh, and he did an extended version of the long, soul-filled, glorious amen!

Rick was also on a roll tonight. I was sitting next to little boy, well not so little, maybe South Park age and he was in stitches.

jmh, do you happen to know if taxis are generally available/waiting at the airport, or do they need to be pre-booked?

There will be a taxi stand, clearly marked, and taxis waiting. You might have to wait in line, but normally if there's a line it goes fast.

Be sure and know the street address of your hotel. The drivers don't always know where hotels are, but they can always find an address. Sometimes it helps if you have the cross street info for them. When we were staying at the Belevedere, we found it really helpful to tell the taxi guy it's on 48th between 8th and 9th.

Rick was also on a roll tonight

OMG tonight he slid down on top of the parapet, spread his legs and proceeded to simulate rubbing himself!

Tom was out and his replacement did OK.

Clay kissed the girl on the cheek!