#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Thanks for the suggeations, Cindy and jmh!
I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but honestly - the Airtrain and subway, if you're going to stay in the theatre district, is such a good option. One Airtrain ride, right to Jamaica Station, one subway, right to Port Authority or Penn Station. Voila - seven dollars.

Ooh yeah, and happy three months birthday, little guy!! :wub:

I get that the Airtrain and subway are viable~but just can NOT see me and my intrepid companions :lol: hauling umpty-dozen suitcases blocks and blocks to the hotel. I know my back won't take it, and I'm not sure about the others.

Or if there are three of you, just take a taxi. Shuttles are going to charge by the person, so with three, you won't save anything, and the one I was in drove all over NY before getting to Times Square.

jmh, do you happen to know if taxis are generally available/waiting at the airport, or do they need to be pre-booked?

:hello: to luckiest1....that was fun! And the subway was so efficient getting me back to Finch I could hardly believe it. About 1.5 hrs restaurant door to computer desk. :)

Why we don't just take a taxi if one is available? Don't know about dragging luggage in subway but I did it in the Montreal metro. Whatever is best, you know I'll just follow.

A thousand kisses and hugs merrieeee :thbighug-1: I hope it stays somewhere within my price range,

Ha! Last spring Perusing One and I said we would have our pic taken together and half the $250 price but when we got up on stage we both ended up getting a picture. He says give me money and I open my wallet. I should just give him my debit card & pin just to save time.

It's a good job I'm gainfully employed!

Thanks for the recaps, scarlett et al, I really enjoy them. I can't believe how many times you guys keep going to Spamalot. It is so interesting to hear the subtle and not to subtle changes in each show and how the script changes to reflect what's current in the world of showbiz and politics - which are both the same thing, right? LOL

ialreadyam ... LOVE your avi!!!

Whatever the case with regards to the $50 or $100 pic with Clay, I feel that 'time saving' isn't a good reason to reduce the number of people who can afford to pay for the pic. It's the value of Clay's time being donated, and he is the one who asked for his fans to support the cause. So it's a two-way street for this charity and I always feel that those who are making the biggest sacrifice (i.e. for whom $50 is a lot of money) shouldn't be excluded.

I wonder why they don't do more raffle ticket items... that would bring in a lot of small amounts, and the winner could be someone who just could never have afforded the full value of the item.

Not to argue the point but the theatre can remain open for so long after the show. They are paying and maybe paying overtime for those that have to wait to clean, usher people out, turn off the lights and lock the doors. Clay asked us what things we were interested in purchasing and not how much we could pay in his blog.

I look at it this way, when I go to a store and see something I really like, I pay what is on the price tag. Most stores won't deal with a customer. If Clay offers something I can't afford I just don't buy it as i would do anyplace. His objective is to raise the most money he can in the time that they allow him.

Maybe it's just me but Clay doesn't owe me anything other than to do his very best in a show or concert for which I have purchased a ticket. Too many fans demand things from him for which he has never made any promises to deliver. Oy! After Wicked was over we left the theatre without expecting anything else.

ETA; So happy to hear that you all had a great time last night. That's what it's all about.

jmh, do you happen to know if taxis are generally available/waiting at the airport, or do they need to be pre-booked?

:hello: to luckiest1....that was fun! And the subway was so efficient getting me back to Finch I could hardly believe it. About 1.5 hrs restaurant door to computer desk. :)

Glad to hear you made it home safely, and in such good time! That was a fun evening, I thoroughly enjoyed it and we'll have to do it again.

If there are a few of you I recommend taking a flat rate taxi from the airport, too, if you have lots of luggage. The hotel we are going to be staying at in December offers an airport shuttle for I think only $2 so we will probably either do that or do the air train/subway combo, since there will only be my son & I (i.e. only I'll be paying) and we don't plan to check any luggage anyways.

So nice to wake up to so many detailed Spam reports this morning! Thanks to all! :wub:

Good Morning Everyone,

Glad the price or prices of the pictures have been cleared up; I would love to have a picture of Clay, Tom and Rick even without me in it...I bet those would really sell if they were offered to those who cannot make the show.

21 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday! :yahoo:

56 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

78 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Considering the prices of photos on stage last time, $100 is a bargain! I only read one thread about it and there are only a smattering of complaints about it - not remarkably by people who aren't going to be there anyway. Huh. It really seems like the same-old same-old though - Clay tries to involve the fans in something (via his blog and asking for ideas) and it turns into entitlement and disappointment (by a very few, not all by any means).

I hope they decide to auction off some props (for delivery after the show is over) on eBay. Hee - I personally would love Sir Robin's coconuts. Heh. Herbert's pink slippers. Lance's sparkly codpiece. It would be great if they can come up with something for those not able to go to participate in, but the reality is that this is a Broadway fundraiser and the target is generally those that are in the audience. The board fans, if they can't get there, all know at least one person who is going (and if not, a simple post will undoubtedly bring an offer of assistance) who could pick up a poster or playbill or whatever else they wind up doing - even if it's only tossing five bucks in the bucket for them. JMO and yada yada yada.

Whatever the case with regards to the $50 or $100 pic with Clay, I feel that 'time saving' isn't a good reason to reduce the number of people who can afford to pay for the pic. It's the value of Clay's time being donated, and he is the one who asked for his fans to support the cause. So it's a two-way street for this charity and I always feel that those who are making the biggest sacrifice
(i.e. for whom $50 is a lot of money)
shouldn't be excluded.

I wonder why they don't do more raffle ticket items... that would bring in a lot of small amounts, and the winner could be someone who just could never have afforded the full value of the item.

Not to argue the point but the theatre can remain open for so long after the show. They are paying and maybe paying overtime for those that have to wait to clean, usher people out, turn off the lights and lock the doors. Clay asked us what things we were interested in purchasing and not how much we could pay in his blog.

I look at it this way, when I go to a store and see something I really like, I pay what is on the price tag. Most stores won't deal with a customer. If Clay offers something I can't afford I just don't buy it as i would do anyplace. His objective is to raise the most money he can in the time that they allow him.

Maybe it's just me but Clay doesn't owe me anything other than to do his very best in a show or concert for which I have purchased a ticket. Too many fans demand things from him for which he has never made any promises to deliver. Oy! After Wicked was over we left the theatre without expecting anything else.

ETA; So happy to hear that you all had a great time last night. That's what it's all about.

I totally understand your point and in most cases, I would concede to it because my eyes are wide open to the realities of life which is that those who have the most money, get access to the latest gadget, best education/best health care, etc etc etc. I'd just like to see a more inclusive situation whereby those who love Clay as much as the next person gets an equal opportunity to grab some meaningful momento of him/with him as they may not have another chance. That's all. Those who have money to throw away and want to help Clay achieve his goal can throw it to BC and still have many more opportunities to see Clay again and again and get those pics with him. I guess I tend to lean towards Obama-ism. But I also realise it is easier said than done because at the end of the day, reality BITES! That's just my view and I totally realise it's not a popular view but as Clay would say "I'm fine with it!!!" Fingers crossed that Spamalot raises the most money but the important thing is that the money is for a serious cause, and I am sure Clay would agree to that, he is way too compassionate to only care about the "winning" in this instance. But with his luck, Spamalot will probably come 2nd...

Oh and I agree, Clay doesn't owe me anything. On the contrary, I owe him for what I've gained personally from him being who he is. His voice is a major bonus.

The hotel we are going to be staying at in December offers an airport shuttle for I think only $2 so we will probably either do that or do the air train/subway combo,

$2.00!?? I don't think any air train/subway combo or taxi will beat that. *g*

We took a flat rate taxi from La Guardia since there were three of us. He dropped us off right in front of our hotel and he helped us with our luggage. I would also second the suggestion that you let your driver know exactly where your hotel is, from general to specific. Manhatten, the financial district, 52nd and William between Broad and Wall, Club Quarters, Downtown. If we had just given him the name of our hotel and the address...he wouldn't have had a clue. Other than that we got a $20.00 Metro card for the subway and did just fine. Even when they changed the routes on us over the weekend and we didn't have our young guides along *waves to duckyvee*

Whatever the case with regards to the $50 or $100 pic with Clay, I feel that 'time saving' isn't a good reason to reduce the number of people who can afford to pay for the pic. It's the value of Clay's time being donated, and he is the one who asked for his fans to support the cause. So it's a two-way street for this charity and I always feel that those who are making the biggest sacrifice
(i.e. for whom $50 is a lot of money)
shouldn't be excluded.

I totally understand your point and in most cases, I would concede to it because my eyes are wide open to the realities of life which is that those who have the most money, get access to the latest gadget, best education/best health care, etc etc etc. I'd just like to see a more inclusive situation whereby those who love Clay as much as the next person gets an equal opportunity to grab some meaningful momento of him/with him as they may not have another chance. That's all. Those who have money to throw away and want to help Clay achieve his goal can throw it to BC and still have many more opportunities to see Clay again and again and get those pics with him. I guess I tend to lean towards Obama-ism. But I also realise it is easier said than done because at the end of the day, reality BITES! That's just my view and I totally realise it's not a popular view but as Clay would say "I'm fine with it!!!" Fingers crossed that Spamalot raises the most money but the important thing is that the money is for a serious cause, and I am sure Clay would agree to that, he is way too compassionate to only care about the "winning" in this instance. But with his luck, Spamalot will probably come 2nd...

Oh and I agree, Clay doesn't owe me anything. On the contrary, I owe him for what I've gained personally from him being who he is. His voice is a major bonus.

But in this case, it isn't about giving Clay fans equal access to Clay - it's about raising the most possible money for Broadway Cares/EFA.

Claytonic I agree with you totally!

I already have two playbills...so I know that we have generous people on the board that will get you anything you ask for (within reason, LOL!)...and I realize this is for Broadway and those that go to the show are more accessible financially...but...I think they would make a lot more money if they would reach out to the fans who even if they can't go to the show, still support Clay and have gotten to know the cast through recaps and stagedoor videos, etc.

I wasn't whining...sorry, if that's the way it came across.

Kim

If Spamlot wants to raise more money then they have to reach out to Spam fans! This time around it is almost always NJU and they have no idea what went on before or have already been and have pics etc.

I have no idea what is going on with the other shows and what they are doing. Also the time frame is short to raise money.

If Spamalot wants to raise more money then they have to reach out to Spam fans! This time around it is almost always NJU and they have no idea what went on before or have already been and have pics etc.

I have no idea what is going on with the other shows and what they are doing. Also the time frame is short to raise money.

Exactly!

And for those fans who only want to show Clay and the cast support - it's easy - donate the money!

Do the key actors have items to be auctioned on ebay for Spam fans, which would include their own fans, regardless of Spam, i.e. Clay etc?

Some of them could offer (on ebay) a 30 minute phone call, including a song sung to the winning bidder a capella over the phone. I'd find this more exciting than a photograph with them!

Quick question.....when is the fund raising over?

I too think it would be great if Clay's fans that can't attend could be included somehow, but I have deffinetely learned, as the years pass, that what I would like and the reality of life are very seldom the same thing. I'm not sure how much control Clay has on how the fund raising is done. I'm sure their are limitations that even he can't get passed, especially when it comes to other members of the cast and the show itself. So, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt here and say ...I think he's doing the best he can.

:loveclaysbutt:

I simply made a suggestion...I didn't expect it to turn into a big to-do and I certainly wasn't implying that Clay wasn't doing enough for his fans...really, I am sorry I said anything.

Kim

aikim wrote:
He had gotten a hold of himself by the wooden rabbit part.

*blinks*

Will there be clack?

What.

:cryingwlaughter: I think you quoted the wrong person! I haven't been to the show!

(But I do bring over re-caps)

Kim

aikim wrote:
He had gotten a hold of himself by the wooden rabbit part.

*blinks*

Will there be clack?

What.

It's so reassuring to know that when I'm overwhelmed at one of my conferences and can't check in as often as I usually do, 00lsee will oh-so-expertly pick up the slack. :cryingwlaughter:

Good one. (I'm sure it is, too)...I was gonna add..."rabbit?"...Is that what we're calling it now? :sleezy:

Clay kissed the girl on the cheek!

Gay, not gay, whatever, I'm betting there are still hearts being broken at the Shubert! :lol:

Why we don't just take a taxi if one is available? Don't know about dragging luggage in subway but I did it in the Montreal metro. Whatever is best, you know I'll just follow.

Yah, I think so...it's not the hauling IN the subway etc that's the issue, it's the several blocks walk to the hotel FROM the subway hauling it. I'd be fine with that with my purse~with three weeks worth of luggage and a 50-lb laptop...not so much! :cryingwlaughter:

If there are a few of you I recommend taking a flat rate taxi from the airport, too, if you have lots of luggage. The hotel we are going to be staying at in December offers an airport shuttle for I think only $2 so we will probably either do that or do the air train/subway combo, since there will only be my son & I (i.e. only I'll be paying) and we don't plan to check any luggage anyways.

Everyone keeps saying a "flat rate" taxi....are there taxis that are NOT flat rate? And how do I tell the difference?

I owe him for what I've gained personally from him being who he is. His voice is a major bonus.

Just had to give a rousing second reading to this! SO true. And, Claytonic, you're not alone on the "way of the world" stuff either; with ya there! It is what it is.

We took a flat rate taxi from La Guardia since there were three of us. He dropped us off right in front of our hotel and he helped us with our luggage. I would also second the suggestion that you let your driver know exactly where your hotel is, from general to specific. Manhatten, the financial district, 52nd and William between Broad and Wall, Club Quarters, Downtown. If we had just given him the name of our hotel and the address...he wouldn't have had a clue. Other than that we got a $20.00 Metro card for the subway and did just fine. Even when they changed the routes on us over the weekend and we didn't have our young guides along *waves to duckyvee*

...and thanks to Jamar and others for the tip about the hotel location! I wouldn't have thought of that. Just curious....if, obviously, you're a visitor to NYC....how the heck do you KNOW this information? I stayed in our hotel once already, and wouldn't have the remotest clue about all that kind of info. I know it's just down the alley from the Shubert, and of course can find out the address and print a mapquest map which might help....but I don't know what NY'ers call it...ie, Manhattan/uptown/downtown...wouldn't have the remotest idea! :shrug: