#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Everyone keeps saying a "flat rate" taxi....are there taxis that are NOT flat rate? And how do I tell the difference?

They're all flat rate. Just be sure you catch one at the taxi stand.

...and thanks to Jamar and others for the tip about the hotel location! I wouldn't have thought of that. Just curious....if, obviously, you're a visitor to NYC....how the heck do you KNOW this information? I stayed in our hotel once already, and wouldn't have the remotest clue about all that kind of info. I know it's just down the alley from the Shubert, and of course can find out the address and print a mapquest map which might help....but I don't know what NY'ers call it...ie, Manhattan/uptown/downtown...wouldn't have the remotest idea! :shrug:

That's Times Square. Uptown is towards the higher street numbers & Central Park, downtown is towards the financial district. Manhattan is the borough all of those locations are in, as opposed to Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, or Staten Island. If you tell us your hotel, we'll tell you what you need to say.

:cryingwlaughter: I think you quoted the wrong person! I haven't been to the show!

(But I do bring over re-caps)

Kim

Okay, okay...aikim wrote:

From Deemerat CV: that Clay had gotten a hold of himself by the wooden rabbit part.

There.

So, just to be clear, did Clay get a hold of the actual wooden rabbit part or only part of the wooden rabbit? If the latter, which part was it?

hee!!!

Everyone keeps saying a "flat rate" taxi....are there taxis that are NOT flat rate? And how do I tell the difference?

They're all flat rate. Just be sure you catch one at the taxi stand.

...and thanks to Jamar and others for the tip about the hotel location! I wouldn't have thought of that. Just curious....if, obviously, you're a visitor to NYC....how the heck do you KNOW this information? I stayed in our hotel once already, and wouldn't have the remotest clue about all that kind of info. I know it's just down the alley from the Shubert, and of course can find out the address and print a mapquest map which might help....but I don't know what NY'ers call it...ie, Manhattan/uptown/downtown...wouldn't have the remotest idea! :shrug:

That's Times Square. Uptown is towards the higher street numbers & Central Park, downtown is towards the financial district. Manhattan is the borough all of those locations are in, as opposed to Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, or Staten Island. If you tell us your hotel, we'll tell you what you need to say.

I love all you guys! :thbighug-1: Now I get it, just not one of the "rogue" guys off-line.

...and thanks so much for the location info as well! We're at the Milford Plaza; the address is 700-8th Ave. So I guess that would be Manhattan/Times Square/8th avenue between 7th and 8th streets?

Also~I have a suggestion for those not able to go during fundraising time and get a picture. May be/probably is dorky, but hey, never said I wasn't! :hysterical:

So, a suggestion and a request, all rolled up into one :) Is there someone that is going during fundraising time that would be willing to ask Clay to take a picture (of him alone, or with Rick and Tom) holding a sign (which my helper would take along) saying something like "Hi Lori" or "For Lori" or something of the sort? I think he would do it (why not?...more $) and I have Paypal for my helper. :)

ETA: I personally would love that, and it's the nearest I'll ever get!

Just curious....if, obviously, you're a visitor to NYC....how the heck do you KNOW this information?

Heh....I confess. :hysterical:

Everything I ever learned about getting around in NYC I learned from my daughter who had a good friend and boyfriend who were living there at the time. She had been there and done all that, several times. No way would I have figured it out on my own either. I've gotten lost in much smaller cities....including *blush* my own.

My impression was that the rate from the airport to the city was always the flat rate. I can ask her when I see her tho.

eta...or just see what jmh said above.

---

edited...not interesting enough to see twice.

Heh....I confess. :hysterical:

Everything I ever learned about getting around in NYC I learned from my daughter who had a good friend and boyfriend who were living there at the time. She had been there and done all that, several times. No way would I have figured it out on my own either. I've gotten lost in much smaller cities....including *blush* my own.

Oh, sorry, Jamar I didn't mean you specifically! :lol: ...I just meant how would ANYone who was a visitor to NYC and staying in a hotel know this info.

...and thanks again to jmh!

...and thanks so much for the location info as well! We're at the Milford Plaza; the address is 700-8th Ave. So I guess that would be Manhattan/Times Square/8th avenue between 7th and 8th streets?

That would be 8th Avenue between 44th and 45th. Which is important for the driver to know because 44th is one way going one direction, and 45th is one way going the other. Most importantly, eeeeeeeeeeeee - have fun!!!

I just meant how would ANYone who was a visitor to NYC and staying in a hotel know this info.

They wouldn't. It adds to the adventure. :cryingwlaughter:

Rick was also on a roll tonight

OMG tonight he slid down on top of the parapet, spread his legs and proceeded to simulate rubbing himself!

Tom was out and his replacement did OK.

Clay kissed the girl on the cheek!

Dang. I wanna go back.

No, I will stay strong. Staying strong SUCKS.

Clay kissed the girl on the cheek!

Gay, not gay, whatever, I'm betting there are still hearts being broken at the Shubert! :lol:

The man seems to inspire hugging and kissing and *squeezing* where ever he goes. <g> I can understand that. I don't think it has a thing to do with his orientation. He's just squeezable. But not in the bad, Jerome will kick your ass way - that's bad Well, I mean he IS squeezable that way too, but I would never advocate doing so. That would be wrong. Ah, hell. <g>

Why are Tom and Rick not doing the pics anymore? I would love to have a pic with them and Clay, I think. I adore all three of them, for sure. <g>

Oh, I just thought of something. Whatever happened with that Thursday night tv appearance Clay was supposed to have? Did he have it? What was it? Is there clack?

Muski! Sorry. We were getting FromClaygary to her hotel. :hysterical: It was supposed to be ET on Thursday night. It didn't happen. Curses, foiled by ET again.

Are you driving back to Raleigh to return home, or flying out from Charlotte?

That would be 8th Avenue between 44th and 45th. Which is important for the driver to know because 44th is one way going one direction, and 45th is one way going the other. Most importantly, eeeeeeeeeeeee - have fun!!!

I just meant how would ANYone who was a visitor to NYC and staying in a hotel know this info.

They wouldn't. It adds to the adventure. :cryingwlaughter:

:friends::blink::Imok: (LOVE that new last guy cindilu2) Good Lord....

Y'know, now that you say that....I KNEW that from last time, it just makes NO sense, that's all! Thanks so much again!! I've written it down on the hotel reservation.

Muski! Sorry. We were getting FromClaygary to her hotel. :hysterical:

:lmaosmiley-1:

I would love to have a picture of Clay, Tom and Rick even without me in it...I bet those would really sell if they were offered to those who cannot make the show.

I'd love something like this, too - a pic of Clay, Rick, Tom and David in the autographed frame.

I think the problem with making any tangible items available to fans beyond those who attend the show is the logistics of trying to market stuff to the interested parties (besides just on-line Clay fans), take and fill orders, ship items, etc. It's obviously not going to happen in the short time frame they have for fund raising. It's a lot more effective to offer a few big ticket items on e-bay - it's just the way it is.

My suggestion at the OFC was that the cast record something (Christmas carols, a podcast, backstage Q&A's) that wouldn't involve royalties or other significant recording or engineering expenses and make it available for download from i-tunes. That would allow the reach to be international and the price to be very reasonable.

laughn and I are scheduled to see a show locally by a national touring company next week. It will be interesting to see if they solicit for donations. When we saw the Spamalot tour here last December (in anticipation of Clay being Sir Robin on Broadway), the cast issued an appeal from the stage and went out into the lobby with donation buckets for Broadway Cares. The show we're seeing next week, however, doesn't have a Broadway counter-part right now, so I don't know if that plays a part in fund raising or not.