#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

"How many bath, body and hair products are really necessary?"

Interesting question since I was pondering whether or not my bathroom finally needed cleaning (I decided no), but then I remember thinking recently that the ehP is really sparse when it comes to bathroom products. There were 5 of us sharing 2 bathrooms last week and my sink was practically bare. Only time I remember using make-up was at the River Rocks Gala, and I think Solo and KAndre also prefer the free makeovers in LA. We're either v. lazy or we just like what nature chose to distribute. Besides, it's not easy to put any stuff on when you have to change clothes in a car.

ETA: Aikim, why not institute the same policy as the Airport people -- everything must fit into a quart-sized ziploc bag. I can do that easily that home, which is why I don't have to clean the bathroom very often.

Sorry to hear Clay is out for the matinee, but probably best to just take it slow and not push his voice. Looking forward to Claybella's recap of her M&G and tour!

Random thoughts I had while cleaning the bathrooms today:

"Does Jaymes have to remind Clay to the put the toilet seat down?"

"How hard is it to wash down the sink after one brushes their teeth so the toothpaste does not become cement! Perhaps I need to give the family a demonstration..mutter, mutter"

"I bet Clay and Jaymes have separate bathrooms...wonder who does the cleaning? Probably have a maid service"

"Perhaps I need to put instructions for putting a new roll of toilet paper on the spindle right next to the holder..."

"I really need to clean the linen closet out more often..throws out 5 half-used tubes of toothpaste"

"Does Clay clean out the sink after he is done shaving or just let the hairs accumulate? I bet those hairs would fetch a pretty penny on E-bay"

Yes, I have no life! :wacko:

Kim

I bet at least a few... Surely nobody is as pretty as them without even a little bit of help? :D

A few yes, but when I was cleaning the bathroom my daughters use, there were just a tad more than a few...I mean, I can't believe they use all the stuff I was hauling out of there...I made them put it all back after I washed down the shelves...must have been at least 4 or 5 different shampoos, conditioners, body lotions, etc. I have one shampoo, one body wash, hair gel and hair spray...works for me!

Kim

Reports from the CH and CB say that Clay is out for the matinee. Poor baby. I hope he gets better soon! I also feel badly for those people who have traveled long distances to see the show and Clay.

Scarlett -- MUAH! I'll try my best to get something to you by the end of the week!

Is there anyone here affected by the California wildfires? Scary stuff. I hope everyone is OK, and that there won't be much more damage or many lives affected.

ldyj... sorry, too late... so far we've lost 111 homes in the Montecito fire and one bad burn victim and now there is another fire going in Sylmar/Porter Ranch that the 70mph winds are just helping sooo much... NOT! ETA: They have lost 500 or more mobile homes, mostly retirees in the Sylmar fire, but no injuries.

I have friends in the Santa Barbara/Montecito area that I haven't heard from, but I live a LONG way away (2-3 hours drive south). My son hasn't been called yet. Our fire season is supposed to be over this month, but we've had no rain and November thru February is our "rainy" season. Everyone... send rain vibes our way, please!!!

Thanks for the good wishes tho! Sigh!

Sorry to hear Clay is out for the matinee, but probably best to just take it slow and not push his voice. Looking forward to Claybella's recap of her M&G and tour!

Random thoughts I had while cleaning the bathrooms today:

"Does Jaymes have to remind Clay to the put the toilet seat down?"

"How hard is it to wash down the sink after one brushes their teeth so the toothpaste does not become cement! Perhaps I need to give the family a demonstration..mutter, mutter"

"I bet Clay and Jaymes have separate bathrooms...wonder who does the cleaning? Probably have a maid service"

"Perhaps I need to put instructions for putting a new roll of toilet paper on the spindle right next to the holder..."

"I really need to clean the linen closet out more often..throws out 5 half-used tubes of toothpaste"

"Does Clay clean out the sink after he is done shaving or just let the hairs accumulate? I bet those hairs would fetch a pretty penny on E-bay"

Yes, I have no life! :wacko:

Kim

aikim... BWAH!! If your daughters are anything like my daughters were before they moved out, you have to try new products that the tv ads promise will make you/your hair/your skin just irresistable. :cryingwlaughter:

From notacanuck at CC

ET has Clay scheduled for this Friday, November 21

Entertainment Tonight: (#7095) - 2008/11/21

David Cook rocks our stage with an on-set performance. Clay Aiken gets personal with Jann Carl. What's Kevin Frazier doing on "Numb3rs"? Can't miss this... "007" thriller.

I'll believe it when it happens.

Liney I have two daughters at home and two that have moved out and yes, they all had to try every new thing out there...sometimes I feel like I am living in a Walgreens!

Kim

Quantum of Solace--latest James Bond movie---

meh.

Tonight we're going to see Alex's high school play, The Laramie Project. (She doesn't have a main part in this one.) It's based on the story of Matthew Shepard, the poor boy who was killed in a hate crime in Wyoming. I googled the name and found some interesting things about a Katie Couric interview with the accused attackers back in 2004. I don't remember about that..

NBC won't apologize for Couric interview

Evidently, the "Christian group Focus on the Family" took issue with Katie, accusing her that in her interview she suggested "that biblical teachings on homosexuality may have contributed to the kind of hate that led to the murder of Matthew Shepard."

No wonder Clay kept his sexual orientation to himself...no wonder so many gay people do the same for so much longer of their lives.

Today I was shopping in Big Lots...yeah I know upper end merchandise *g* Anywaaaay, I found two hardback copies of Learning To Sing for $3 each. Well how could I pass up that bargain. Sooo since I already have it in Hardback, Paperback and CD I really don't need any more. If anyone wants one just let me know. (Ok one has gone!)

Today I was shopping in Big Lots...yeah I know upper end merchandise *g* Anywaaaay, I found two hardback copies of Learning To Sing for $3 each. Well how could I pass up that bargain. Sooo since I already have it in Hardback, Paperback and CD I really don't need any more. If anyone wants one just let me know. (Ok one has gone!)

I don't need any, as I have at least one copy of each media as well :hysterical:. But thank you for adopting them! I would have done the same. Someone will come along that needs/wants one. :)

I have to say, the audio copy of LTS is one of the best things I ever bought; I listen to it still, regularly. It's on my Zen, as is the "Ugly Duckling" and that cartoon character story he did. I love to listen to him talk to me in between songs.

ETA: well lol, I see that didn't take long.

I agree with you Muskifest I saw Quatum of Solace yesterday and found it meh. I like the old James Bond movies. Even the last ones with Pierce Bronson were good. Now instead of tongue and cheek they are dark and more violent. I am surprised they get a PG-13 rating.

Again looking forward to Clay on ET. I know he will probably get pushed back for some other crazy story. They also put him on the same show as David Cook. While I was hoping he would win I listened to a stream of his album and was not impressed. He sounds like every other Pop/Rock group out there. I also have read some reviews of David A album and I am so tired of the comparisons to Clay. Some were not complimentary to Clay. David A voice is not even close to the quality of Clay's and I guess I hate the put downs. I do think both Davids will do well and I wish them luck. I am one who has a hard time on a Clay message board that Clay's fan just praise and praise these two people but will be the first to criticize anything Clay does. All of this is just by opionion. I should just learn to scroll.

Quantum of Solace--latest James Bond movie---

meh.

Tonight we're going to see Alex's high school play, The Laramie Project. (She doesn't have a main part in this one.) It's based on the story of Matthew Shepard, the poor boy who was killed in a hate crime in Wyoming. I googled the name and found some interesting things about a Katie Couric interview with the accused attackers back in 2004. I don't remember about that..

NBC won't apologize for Couric interview

Evidently, the "Christian group Focus on the Family" took issue with Katie, accusing her that in her interview she suggested "that biblical teachings on homosexuality may have contributed to the kind of hate that led to the murder of Matthew Shepard."

No wonder Clay kept his sexual orientation to himself...no wonder so many gay people do the same for so much longer of their lives.

NO KIDDING.

ETA: Wait, he did an 'Ugly Duckling' thingy? Huh? Jeesh, I'm so clueless.

EATA: I really like David C.'s "Light On", but I haven't heard any of his other stuff yet. I have the CD on pre-order from iTunes, though. As for David A.... I like him OK, but not enough to pay for his music. :lol: But what really bugs me is how all the Archuleta fans that leave bratty posts on the YouTube video of Clay singing DLTSGDOM... I mean, for one thing, Clay's version is clearly better (what, me, biased??? :tongue09:) and for another, David A sang it years after Clay did.

All I hope is that we don't get another round of Clay/put idol comparisons here. I honestly don't care what others are doing. They earned their places and I wish them all well. Some will find a way to break into my consciousness in some way - most will not. As for the fans of all these people? We're pretty much all guilty of the same thing unfortunately.

Are any of our book readers familiar with Charlaine Harris' vampire book series. I think it's also a series on HBO? Can you PM me if you are..just a few questions.

Way OT..... we're getting some crazy weather here in SW Ontario and I just checked Environment Canada's forecast for my area tonight and this is what it said:

Wet snow at times heavy mixed with rain changing to rain at times mixed with wet snow this evening then to wet snow later this evening. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Snowfall amount 5 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low zero

ETA: Wait, he did an 'Ugly Duckling' thingy? Huh? Jeesh, I'm so clueless.

Yup! :) He did a wonderful job of reading the original Hans Christian Anderson, which has some inevitable comparisons to his own growing-up years, for a charity fundraiser. The CD is available every now and again on ebay, and I believe it's also in the vault.

Yes, it is....under Audio/Ugly Duckling....sorry, I can't link as I don't use the public one.

ETA: heinz :hello: It was snowing a bit here earlier...seems to have stopped now. It's been raining cats and dogs all day. Hope it's nicer in NYC!!

Ugly Duckling download from Clack Unlimited

I have to get that on my iPod! I haven't listened to it in forever!

BTW...while I do have a key to the CH vault, and support it with some money once in a while, I also use Clack Unlimited -- and support them financially as well. I know times and money are tight, but I really feel that CU is a valuable, valuable service. Support them if you can.

[/PSA]

I just got home from work and opted out of a staff meeting tonight. Driving conditions are horrible and I could hardly see the road...snow covered and icy. Of course, I live in the boonies so it's par for the course for me anytime after November to April.

Luckiest, e-mail me the questions from your son and I'll have my son look at them...unless you're looking for non-Canadian (or Ontario) police officer answers.

From Claygary and Scarlett... thanks for the offer! Will work on something ASAP!! How much do you think we should offer for the photo?

My grandkids and I listen to The Ugly Duckling frequently. Did I ever mention when I spoke to my 10 year old granddaughter about Clay's coming out, she explained that she talked to her mom about it and said "At first I thought maybe Grandma was going to be upset, and then I thought...."Nah, this is Grandma and she wouldn't stop loving someone just because they're a little bit different!" "

Gotta love a child who's that perceptive.

I just got home from work and opted out of a staff meeting tonight. Driving conditions are horrible and I could hardly see the road...snow covered and icy. Of course, I live in the boonies so it's par for the course for me anytime after November to April.

From Claygary and Scarlett... thanks for the offer! Will work on something ASAP!! How much do you think we should offer for the photo?

My grandkids and I listen to The Ugly Duckling frequently. Did I ever mention when I spoke to my 10 year old granddaughter about Clay's coming out, she explained that she talked to her mom about it and said "At first I thought maybe Grandma was going to be upset, and then I thought...."Nah, this is Grandma and she wouldn't stop loving someone just because they're a little bit different!" "

Gotta love a child who's that perceptive.

Glad you're home safely! I bet your roads are awful indeed, tonight.

Re the price of the photo....I'm not sure we'll have an option....I believe they have been $100 for Clay, right?

Re the price of the photo....I'm not sure we'll have an option....I believe they have been $100 for Clay, right?

That's fine with me. Do you think we could just have a photo of him holding our photo and a "Hi, Bev!" (in my case, of course)? That would thrill me to pieces! (Close as I'll ever get, as well!)

Careful on those roads, all you FCAers in snowy places!

Happy Saturday, FCA! Hubby and I are going to a movie in a few minutes----James Bond. James ain't Sir Robin, but he'll have to do until January! :cryingwlaughter:

Beautiful weather here in the Bay Area---hard to believe it's November as I look at the flowers and sun and whatnot...

Gibby, I'm curious about what you mean that you're recording music? 'Splain, please? :lipstick:

Muski, I'm recording the music for the musical at my daughter's school. They pay me to come to some of the rehearsals, but can't pay me enough to be at all of the rehearsals, so I'm recording the music for the entire musical. They will use the recordings for rehearsal when I'm not there. The musical this year is 'Back to the 80's', so it's all 80's music. We are doing songs like Love Shack, Man in the Mirror, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Centerfold, etc. I'm recording a lot of it on an electric piano because it sounds so much better. Last year I was in the pit with the rest of the orchestra, but this year I'll be playing in a band, and we are a part of the cast on stage! I'm gonna have to wear 80's clothes!

My daughter has decided not to be in the musical this year due to time commitments - she is busy with Advanced Placement classes and college auditions - so I'm in the musical, but she's not! I think it's hilarious that I'm in her high school musical, and she's opting out of it.

I think it's hilarious that I'm in her high school musical, and she's opting out of it.

:cryingwlaughter:

BWAH! Is she at least going to buy a ticket to see you? What are you gonna wear? Take a picture, Gibby!

I've been online a lot today looking for the best possible airline deal for my New Year's New York Spamalot trip...I actually have enough miles for a free roundtrip ticket but I'd have to do a red eye on New Year's Eve (like Couchie) but from SFO instead of Oakland...And then the question is...what the hell does one do when one arrives in the Big Apple at 7 am on New Year's Day? :blink: and one's hotel room isn't admitting you until 3 pm or so? :huh:

without spending money, that is...

from Clayalot on the CB:

The house is PACKED!! I was lucky to get a great seat at around 4pm. (Someone post this in red or something? I'm posting from my phone!!)

I don't know if I can remember everything, but...

- During the beginning tower scene Clay kept rolling his eyes.

- He did the little dance Rick did during "So it's not just dressing up and dancing."

- He mimicked Tom during the beginning of "Not Yet Dead" song. So cute!

- Was VERY animated at the beginning of the Camelot scene with the girls. He shimmied w Jenny Hill, and tried to "touch" Ariel's costume

- LOTL smacked his hand when she came out during Camelot scene...

- GREAT faces!!!!!! Really raised the bar tonight.

I don't remember what else!! But he looks awesome, maybe a little tired and worn down, but great! He sounds amazing. Voice sounds stronger than ever!!

You would have never known that he is sick.

The energy in the audience is amazing!!!! TONS of fans!! I think the number of fans tonight outweighs the NJUs.

The orchestra is FULL!! Maybe sold out. The mezz is all full from what I can see, and the balcony is probably 3/4 full maybe more. There are some SROs.

RECAP CAN TRAVEL TO OTHER BOARDS!!!!

Way OT..... we're getting some crazy weather here in SW Ontario and I just checked Environment Canada's forecast for my area tonight and this is what it said:

Wet snow at times heavy mixed with rain changing to rain at times mixed with wet snow this evening then to wet snow later this evening. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Snowfall amount 5 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low zero

Hee, I think I just drove through every one of those conditions on the way home from cindilu2's. What a mess out there! Drive safe, everyone.

Luckiest, e-mail me the questions from your son and I'll have my son look at them...unless you're looking for non-Canadian (or Ontario) police officer answers.

Thanks so much, I will do it now.

Happy to hear Clay was back in Spam tonight. :)

That's fine with me. Do you think we could just have a photo of him holding our photo and a "Hi, Bev!" (in my case, of course)? That would thrill me to pieces! (Close as I'll ever get, as well!)

Yup, that's exactly what I had hoped for!....course....I'm hoping mine will say "Hi, Lori!" :lmaosmiley-1:

from copingincalifornia via CV

This post my travel and it will be in stages.

OMG!!! I was told to tell everyone that this literally was the best show ever - hands down.

Claybella is pacing on the stage right now waiting to meet Clay.

Jerome came out after the show and the BC/EFA pix were taken to make sure he met Claybella. He told her, I want to know what I'm dealing with -

notes from the show:

OMG!!! I was told to tell everyone that this literally was the best show ever - hands down.

Lots of tongue action all night.

KORT - major grabbing of girls - hand up one girl's skirt

Hip thrusts everywhere

During can can the girl was all over him rubbing against him

No amen like usual but he did: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - men.

Knight of Ni: Father of Sarah Palin's daughter's baby

YWSOB - hands down best ever according to everyone there (Tugger, Jax,. McVargas, Claybella, etc)

At the end everyone got a standing ovation.

Claybella couldn't eat before the show. Nervous wreck. Has gifts for Clay and Jerome. Going to eat at Virgil's after she meets Clay.

VIP seats were 4th row center orchestra - excellent seats.

McVargas girls were holding onto their legs and trying not to jump out of their seats because the show was so amazing.

Lots of fans as well as NJUs. Great reaction from audience to everything.

I should get a call in about 10 minutes about her meeting with him. I am glued to the computer!

Part 3

Claybella met Clay tonight and was with him for about 20 minutes.

Important details first:

Great hair - check

Great eyes - check

Great smile - check

Great voice - check

Tall - check

Slim - check

Wearing white hoodie, blue track pants with stripe, tennis shoes