#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

I had totally forgotten that Wanda Sykes was on Clay's first Tonight Show appearance! I loved Clay being "afraid" of Wanda's reaction to his turning his feet around...and then her true reaction was priceless! That was so much fun! Good for Wanda -- more power to her.

CG, I hear ya on the "covers" thing. There have been more than a few instances (not just Clay related) where I didn't like the original song, but liked it when someone "reimagined" the song. And if I did like the original, many times a new version will make me even more impressed. For me, BW and HYCA were the two on ATDW that did that for me -- the arrangements knocked my socks off, and having Clay sing them were amazing. I'll have to look for the James Taylor album, and that Seal album as well.

That picture? :tasty:

Yeah, I never got the whole flap over ATDW. (Freeze-dried karaoke? Really?) It's probably my favorite CD (uh-oh, I think I just pissed OMWH off...) but maybe that was because I'm totally not a music aficionado and had never heard any of the songs before...

Somebody joked that Clay should have called it "Under the Covers With Clay Aiken". Which made me think of muskifest. :cryingwlaughter:

Ok cindilu2, this time it's intentional. :)

:claykiss:

Hee, I went out surfing, and thought I was in a time warp or something. :huh:

ETA: Just becoss, here is a link to the current CITH recommendations that have been completed (with mp3s):

http://www.findingclayaikenmedia.com/categ...at/2007cith.htm

For those who haven't done theirs yet, I may have to resort to hunting you down and :goodVevil: you one by one soon......

Eeep .... :whistling-1:

Yeah, I never got the whole flap over ATDW. (Freeze-dried karaoke? Really?) It's probably my favorite CD (uh-oh, I think I just pissed OMWH off...) but maybe that was because I'm totally not a music aficionado and had never heard any of the songs before...

I think I love you. :wub: (in a purely platonic way, you understand)

Hope Permaswooned doesn't mind, I had to share this:

411565850_Cj6kd-L.jpg

Just had to post that pic again. YUMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heeee - Under the covers with Clay? Now that's a concept I KNOW I'd enjoy!!

Unfortunately for your fantasies, you'd probably both just end up eating marshmallows and gossiping about boys. :lmaosmiley-1:

I love that smiley. I wish I could laugh my ass off. It would help me handle the adverse affects of my chocolate chip cookie addiction. :lol:

ETA: Aww, thanks jmh123. And here I thought someone would crack on my age. Which is actually another benefit of ATDW--it gives me something to talk to my father about! He talks about the originals and I force him to listen to Clay's versions.

I love that smiley. I wish I could laugh my ass off. It would help me handle the adverse affects of my chocolate chip cookie addiction. :lol:

ETA: Aww, thanks jmh123. And here I thought someone would crack on my age. Which is actually another benefit of ATDW--it gives me something to talk to my father about! He talks about the originals and I force him to listen to Clay's versions.

So what does your dad think of Clay's versions? :lilredani: BTW, I was wondering about that age thing, clayzy, when you made a comment about me under the sheets with Clay....

Of course, Clay and I would never be under the sheets together. :naughtywag:

We'd be making each other WAY too hot for any covers.... :sleezy:

Thanks for all the responses re Wanda Sykes....still don't have a clue, apparently I don't watch enough TV! But thanks anyway! :thbighug-1:

There are videos of Wanda Sykes stand up comedy on YouTube.

Thanks for all the responses re Wanda Sykes....still don't have a clue, apparently I don't watch enough TV! But thanks anyway! :thbighug-1:

There are videos of Wanda Sykes stand up comedy on YouTube.

I'd never heard of Wanda Sykes either so I checked on YouTube and she is hysterically funny!

Her interview on Ellen is hilarious.... especially the part where she was explaining her difficulty in choosing between Obama and Hillary for the Democrat nomination.

ETA: I stumbled across this video which was posted just 3 months ago, but it is a compilation of a bunch of old clips; interesting to be reminded of Clay at his skinniest and at his heaviest. The only thing that was new to me was at 4:06 Clay doing a Cher impression??? http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7uvtOY14bSQ

Good Morning Everyone,

4 Days until Clay is on ET???

:yahoo:

13 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

48 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

70 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Spam reports via CH:

CLaybella checked in:

She said she thought last night's show was the best ever UNTIL TONIGHT!

She said she can't repeat on the boards what Tom and Rick did tonight but it was insanely funny. As Tugger reported above, the taunters were outrageous.

The girl in the ensemble who left tonight (her last night) got bows from everyone in the cast at the end.

She couldn't remember anything more (still in fog I believe) but was thrilled to hear that the recaps and pictures were on all the boards.

No photos or BC tonight (which was the same last Sunday evening too).

Her phone was cutting out so she said to tell everyone that she lands back in California late tomorrow so no recaps from her until the Aiken-fog lifts (unless she can't sleep when she gets back)!

CLaybella checked in:

She said she thought last night's show was the best ever UNTIL TONIGHT!

She said she can't repeat on the boards what Tom and Rick did tonight but it was insanely funny. As Tugger reported above, the taunters were outrageous.

The girl in the ensemble who left tonight (her last night) got bows from everyone in the cast at the end.

She couldn't remember anything more (still in fog I believe) but was thrilled to hear that the recaps and pictures were on all the boards.

No photos or BC tonight (which was the same last Sunday evening too).

Her phone was cutting out so she said to tell everyone that she lands back in California late tomorrow so no recaps from her until the Aiken-fog lifts (unless she can't sleep when she gets back)!

To follow Tugger's text message recaps:

Apparently it was one of the ensemble dancers last night...so there was no photos tonight, not sure if they did B'way Cares oare or not,

Tugger is sending me text messages as recap...

Clay was sooooooooo HAWT tonight !! Tower scene...too cute...singing songy in parts....

He poked the dead guys on the cart and Tom! Lance was in love with his spade!

Grabbed two handfuls of orange dancer's butt in Camelot scene, very flirty!!!

Shaking and praying on floor when God is talking...spreads outon the floor after praying...*dies*

during the *quail* parte he's holding his hands up to the heavens

more coming...

more text messages:

When he says "thats's stupid" to the cymbal, the King gets stuck on his lines!!! The king is HYSTERICAL!!!!

OMG the girls just totally freaked me that said he is at the bar(John's Pizzeria where they are eating)...i was like Clay? No, Tom is at the bar, they autographed a playbill and gave it to him

awwwwww!!! Tom loved the playbill they gave him....he's sooooo sweet!!!

Find Your Grail was BRILLIANT ...from EVERYONE !!!!

More from Tugger:

Clay had such funny expressions during the weather scenes...squealed really loud at the water!!!!

I said up thread, you must have missed it..the PAT girls are at John's Pizzera ...they all autographed it and gave it to Tom or maybe i wasn't clear and thought i explained it

More from Tugger:

OMG!!!! *dies* the hula dance!!!*dies

He had to grab his foot to get off his horse in front of the French castle hysterical!!!!

More from Tugger:

Rick killed the house with the French Taunter scene!!! At one point Clay was laughing so hard you could see his back shaking !!!!

He does the peace sign while holding his torch!! Lots of tongue and winking!! *dies*

More from Tugger:

The black knight's leg got stuck tonight...instead of falling off....Patsy got tickled and walked off the stage!!!! (not sure i understand)

Knight's who say Ni sang * I kissed a girl and liked it*

more from Tugger:

during YWSOB great voice, funny faces, waved bye bye to the Jewish girls

Clarification from Tugger:

Black Knight leg...when he's up against the door and the king sliced his legs off...one of the didn't fall off at first...up against the door and the king sliced his legs off..one of them didn't fall off at first

back to YWSOB....he licked his teeth and chewed his thumb at the end of YWSOB!!! very loud cheers!!!!

More from Tugger:

Prince Herbert was hysterical...audience was rolling!!!

P. Herbert almost fell off the Tower after his father told him to stop singing and he fell into his father's arms!!! so funny !!!!

P. Herbert kissed Concord on the cheek after he fell from the Tower...

More from Tugger:

O.M.G. !!!! *dies* the coconut dance....the looks Clay gave would've melt butter!!!! *dies*

Sang a very short Amen and the knights sang it back!

Peasant was a nice lady...missed shaking hands with Clay!

More from Tugger:

At the wedding P. Herbert was singing...Lancelot wouldn't let go of the flowers one of the girls was holding!

Rick and Tome were hysterical dancing during the closing scene

striped socks and lots of shimmying at the end. No pics b/c it was Arial's last night

The End!!

More from Tugger:

Most of the cast is John's Pizzeria Bar, except for Clay

Well, I just got back from the evening performance. I enjoyed the show and all the nuances Clay and others bring to each performance. I was in the peasant seat but it is all a big blur to me now. I didn't get to shake Clays' hand but I guess he got his little laugh as he offered his hand to me but I was looking at the King. They do this bait and switch thing on you - the King keeps talking to you so as you are looking at him as he is talking, Clay does his schtick. They have it pretty well worked out and it goes by so fast. As I was standing next to Patsy right before they are going to announce the award he kept saying this is so exciting, isn't it? He really is adorable. I must have looked like an idiot but it was fun.

It was lewd and very funny -- no reason to keep it off the boards. Of course the OFC changed the word "cocktail" in one of my posts to "****tail" so maybe she meant the rules for some particular board?

In the afternoon show Tom and Rick were miming a blow job with a finger. In the evening, Tom turned around and knelt in the crenellation with his butt to the audience (I was worried he would fall off!) and Rick mimed anal sex with his hand in a fist and then touched/spanked him. It was a howl and I heard that the knights were cracking up on stage -- I was too busy laughing to see that.

The french taunting was hilarious yesterday -- and I was SO happy to see Tom back as he had been out both in September and in October when I went (I'm trying to go up every month of Clay's run for one or two shows.) I love Tom and Rick. At the stage door last night Rick came out and someone had a video camera phone and he did the tongue thing from the french taunting!

Both shows were great yesterday and Clay was wonderful and very funny. He has added some new funny things since October like funny expressions and different reactions to the "quail," patting the king to get his attention while saying the taunters are using rude gestures, etc. He looked and sounded good and was clearly having lots of fun. During the Find Your Grail scene in the afternoon he was chatting with the girl (the one who left last night -- Ariel) who brings his torch. During the afternoon show Clay turned around dancing at the finale and Patsy hit him on the butt with his tambourine.

Rick did the BCEFA speech. They had pictures with Clay for $50, signed programs for $20, posters for $40 -- all very reasonable prices. he must have read the blog comments. I got a picture with Clay. I forgot to get a bracelet ($2) or the carols CD as I planned to get them in the evening and they did not do the BCEFA thing for the evening.

Thanks for bringing over the recaps, lucky! Sounds like Spam was a scream over the weekend. I'm glad to hear that Clay was in good voice, and having fun!

Tom and Rick are really pushing the envelope. They must love hearing the audience laugh when they do such outrageous things!

:fca:

If I can make it through this week, I'll be in the clear! The movers come Sat. morning (ugh!) between 8-9 AM. How on earth did I manage to collect so much sh... cra... stuff over the past 5 years??? I keep filling up boxes, turning back around and finding the shelves still full! And how does Clay Aiken manage to pop up (just for you, muski *g*) everywhere?? :wacko:

I just keep thinking about January in NYC, seeing FCA friends again (*waves* to couchie & georgiesmybaby & others), meeting new FCA friends (*waves* to Scarlett, claylove, FromClaygary & others), seeing Sir Robin again - eeeeeeeeee!!! - and that restores a teeny tiny, itty bitty, modicum of my sanity. :twinklewhore:

For those traveling to NYC over the next few months, who might maybe try to see something other than Spam....

:thsigns053: :yow::jaw: Yeah, I know, blasphemy!

Anyway, Shrek The Musical, starring Christopher Seiber (original Spam Galahad) as Lord Farquaad, began running previews Nov. 8th and officially opens on Dec. 14th at the Broadway Theatre. Might be worth checking out!

:fca:

If I can make it through this week, I'll be in the clear! The movers come Sat. morning (ugh!) between 8-9 AM. How on earth did I manage to collect so much sh... cra... stuff over the past 5 years??? I keep filling up boxes, turning back around and finding the shelves still full! And how does Clay Aiken manage to pop up (just for you, muski *g*) everywhere?? :wacko:

I just keep thinking about January in NYC, seeing FCA friends again (*waves* to couchie & georgiesmybaby & others), meeting new FCA friends (*waves* to Scarlett, claylove, FromClaygary & others), seeing Sir Robin again - eeeeeeeeee!!! - and that restores a teeny tiny, itty bitty, modicum of my sanity. :twinklewhore:

For those traveling to NYC over the next few months, who might maybe try to see something other than Spam.... :thsigns053: :yow::jaw:

Yeah, I know, blasphemy!

Anyway, Shrek The Musical, starring Christopher Seiber (original Spam Galahad) as Lord Farquaad, began running previews Nov. 8th and officially opens on Dec. 14th at the Broadway Theatre. Might be worth checking out!

Annabear, you don't me but I will be seeing you in NYC in jan, I'm staying with FromClaygary and others. I too keep thinking about January in NYC, only 43 days to go. See you there!

Annabear....:hello:....looking forward to seeing you in NYC as well! Here's some news you'll like!

BAF Gala Summary

:wub::dancingpickle::dancingpickle:Over $500,000 raised at the Gala for BAF!! :dancingpickle::dancingpickle::wub:

ldyj....jinx!! :cryingwlaughter:

Wonderful for the BAF. I hope to be able to make it next year to the Gala. I'll have to plan ahead though. See you in NYC.

Annabear....:hello:....looking forward to seeing you in NYC as well! Here's some news you'll like!

BAF Gala Summary

:wub::dancingpickle::dancingpickle:Over $500,000 raised at the Gala for BAF!! :dancingpickle::dancingpickle::wub:

ldyj....jinx!! :cryingwlaughter:

$500,000 is beyond AWESOME!!! How WONDERFUL for TBAF!!! Dancin' nanners indeed! Dancin' M&Ms, too!

:04: :manynanas: :04:

:manynanas: :04: :manynanas:

:04: :manynanas: :04:

:hello: to you too, preden! Can't wait! 43 days? EEEEEEE!!! :woohoo:

From CH:

From Clayphan at the OFC. She said the post could travel. I would love to see this.

Last night while talking to Tom at John's Pizza, we got to talking about the show he's in on December 15th: "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown". While discussing it, he said the director and some of the cast members are worried that it doesn't have enough exposure and that nobody will show up. I let him know that it's definitely getting exposure by being spread around on all the Clay message boards. He was really happy to hear that and wants to say thank you to all the fans for doing that. He also wants to see a lot of us there, so I'm reposting the info. He's really excited about doing this.

Friends in Theater Company has announced the casting of YOU'RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN, a one-night only benefit production for the Make-A-Wish Foundation to be presented Monday, December 15, 2008 at 8:00pm at the Gerald W. Lynch Theater at John Jay College 899 10th Ave. NY, NY.

This special all-star event features a cast of performers from the Broadway productions of AVENUE Q, Billy Elliot: THE MUSICAL, SPAMALOT, SPRING AWAKENING, XANADU and THE COLOR PURPLE.

Tickets are on sale for this very special one performance only event. 100% of the evening's proceeds will go to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation a non-profit charity that has given hope, strength and joy to children with life-threatening medical conditions since 1980. Tickets range from $35 to $100 and can be purchased through ticketcentral.com or calling 212-279-4200.

The cast includes: MATT CROWLE as Linus , Tom Deckman (pictured) as Snoopy, Carmen Ruby Floyd as Lucy, Morgan Karr as Charlie Brown, David Larsen as Schroeder, and Kenita R. Miller as Sally. Directed by David Lefkowich. Musical Director Jonathan Rose. Producers Philip Accorso, Frances Mercanti-Anthony and David Lefkowich.

The Friends in Theater Company is celebrating its 10th Anniversary season. In that time FITC has raised over $75,000 for charities such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation, The American Cancer Society, and The World Trade Center Fund. After production costs 100% of the company's proceeds are donated to charity. Friends in Theater Company's mission is to bring the joy of theater to new audiences while providing hope to those who need it most.

This may travel

ETA

Article on Broadway World.com

Link to buy tickets

Both of these sound like things I would have liked to check out....except I'm leaving NYC on Dec 14th. Darn!

WTG, BAF! $500,000 is an amazing total! :dancingpickle: