#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Wow, Marilyn....I remember Kris. 38 years old? I had no idea she was so very young. This makes me sad...but thank you for letting us former Claymaniacs over here know. It's pretty amazing how some women whom I've never met can affect me with their passing.

This truly is an incredible experience---this Clay Aiken family.

How terribly sad, Marilyon. Prayers for her family & friends.

This is not really a recap of the show but of our travels to get there. The show was unbelievable and I think I am still in the Aiken fog. Yes, I did get my picture taken with Clay, Tom, and Rick on Saturday afternoon. Remember I had not gone to the first run, so everything was seen for the first time.

We started on Friday morning getting up at 2am to leave at 3am. Took about 1 1/2 hours to get to Detroit, nasty raining weather when we left. Was flying standby so was afraid we would not get on the first flight but we made it and flew into Baltimore. Had to get on the list again there but made it and then flew into Long Island. Took a shuttle to the LIRR and proceeded to spend another 1 1/4 hours on the train to we got into Penn Station. Then took a taxi to our Hotel. When we arrived at about 2pm we had already been up 12 hours. But made it with no glitches. We did it all Auto,Plane, Train. Sounds like a backward movie. Because we got in early we started exploring. Of course we had to check out the Schubert. Walked and found it easily, we were staying about .5 miles away. We checked out another show but could not get SRO because they had not sold out so we headed back to the Shubert and got SRO. So Friday night we SRO, Sat. afternoon from the Orchestra section, and Sat. night from the balcony. Each show was a little different and I loved them all. I did miss Tom on Saturday night. Two couples were sitting in front of us on Saturday night, and at intermission the girls both said they did not get the humor and were not sure that they liked it. By the second half they all were laughing so hard and I noticed that the one couple did go up and get their picture taken with Clay. We went to Juniors inbetween shows on Saturday then proceeded back to our Hotel. Got up at 4:45 to get a cab back to Penn Station and our journey started in reverse. Would I do this again, you betcha. I loved the show. I just wish that I could of stayed longer and took in todays matinee. But looking at it our choice of flights were not looking good. I am not going to recap the show, other people have said everything so much better than I could of. I am just so happy to be a fan of a very talented man.

Marilyon98,so very sorry to hear about your friend and fellow board member. I'm sure she'll be sadly missed.

Tomorrow is the last day to order a Christmas wreath to benefit the BAF. The link is here.

Christmas wreaths for BAF.

I'll be glad to help anyone if they wish to order a wreath. The BAF can make from $9 to $13 per wreath. It can be credited to FCA beta alpha. :xmaskick:

gbmifan, so glad you made it to Spam and had a good time.

New banner for the new thread!

And it's gorge-amous!!!

FromClaygary (via the last thread)

Also~I have a suggestion for those not able to go during fundraising time and get a picture. May be/probably is dorky, but hey, never said I wasn't! hysterical.gif

So, a suggestion and a request, all rolled up into one smile.gif Is there someone that is going during fundraising time that would be willing to ask Clay to take a picture (of him alone, or with Rick and Tom) holding a sign (which my helper would take along) saying something like "Hi Lori" or "For Lori" or something of the sort? I think he would do it (why not?...more $) and I have Paypal for my helper. smile.gif

ETA: I personally would love that, and it's the nearest I'll ever get!

I think this is a GREAT idea - in fact, it could just be a matter of Clay himself writing your first name on a sheet of paper, be it a plain white A4 size or on Spamalot stationery. It is something could be incorporated into his own schedule (away from the Theatre), and who wouldn't want their name in Clay's handwriting in a pic of him holding it? The pic could then be simply emailed. No shipping costs. Clay could take orders, paid in advance, for the current BC fundraising.

In any case, I've seen some great ideas mentioned that could be documented and submitted to Clay for future fundraising events. With Clay being Clay, there will always be fundraising events that his fans are involved in.

But why not do it as a mail in thingy if you don't have a local friend going??!!

Great idea!

Fear, I wish I'd known about the wreath sale before DH and I ordered a wreath when we went to one of the local festivals. I swear, right now I can't remember if it was the Rotary Club or the Veterans group. :blink:

Well I am bummed that Clay cancelled but to quote him "I 'ad a feelin'" His voice was rough at the beginning of the matinee show and it got progressively worse as the show went on. He did a different oiy and at the end he went really low on the I've found my grail song. He told someone at the picture taking that he felt fine in himself but his voice was not good at all. Regular folks would never have known he had a problem but those of us that had seen mumblty something shows really noticed the difference.

Wow, Marilyn....I remember Kris. 38 years old? I had no idea she was so very young. This makes me sad...but thank you for letting us former Claymaniacs over here know. It's pretty amazing how some women whom I've never met can affect me with their passing.

This truly is an incredible experience---this Clay Aiken family.

What she said.....

That is so sad, Marilyn. Kris was hysterical and I used to love reading her posts. They always made me laugh. And that M&G story may be the single most hysterical Clay story I have ever read!

It did seem like she was always sick and the fact that she always had such an amazing sense of humor through it all always made me admire her. I too had no idea she was so young. That makes it all the more sad.

There are several former Claymaniacs over here, so thanks for letting us know.

I just bought a ticket to see Bryan Adams--they ranged from $30 (upper balcony) to $70 (front orchestra) AND for $120 you got a meet and greet. I don't think I've ever seen anyone sell M&Gs along with the regular tickets. New to me. (I'm too cheap.)

ETA: Not too cheap for Clay, just everyone else.

My sympathies go out to those that lost a friend and to the family. 38 is so young.

Wandacleo..I love Bryan Adams...where is he playing?

thanks for the wreath info..my mom likes that kinda stuff. me? bah humbug heee. Surprised she hasn't asked me to take down her boxes yet.

Aw sorry Clay wasn't on tonight for those that traveled.

Get well Clay.

This is not really a recap of the show but of our travels to get there. The show was unbelievable and I think I am still in the Aiken fog. Yes, I did get my picture taken with Clay, Tom, and Rick on Saturday afternoon. Remember I had not gone to the first run, so everything was seen for the first time.

YAY! So happy for you, I know how much you wanted to see the show in person. And you got a picture to boot! Sounds like you had quite the travel experience, though. What a round-a-bout way to go.....thank God for direct Jet Blue flights out of Buffalo. :cryingwlaughter:

Hugs to everyone who knew Kris. {{{hugs}}}

Hope Clay rests his voice today so he can perform again tomorrow. {{{Clay}}}

Good Morning Everyone,

20 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

55 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

77 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Fear...I'd like one of those wreaths, but is there a code or something to make sure the $$$ goes to BAF? I'm going to be traveling most of today...what do I need to do to get the order in on time to be counted toward FCA BetaAlpha and BAF?

ETA...never mind, Fear...I reread your post and see that TOMORROW is the last day, not today. I'll be home tomorrow. :)

Have a great day, FCA! I'll be doing the "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" thang today---minus the Trains. It will be good to be home.... :yahoo:

Later, friends....

muski, sorry i didn't have my ducks in order for this thing. Today is the final day to order. The reviews from people who bought it were that they are very fresh and smell great. They are balsalm fir and the prices aren't bad.

Read here for more info:

Triad Voices for Inclusion.

I don't think you have to enter a code as long as you start at the page as posted originally or on the TVFI web site. For FCA to get the credit it may have to be for a bulk order. georgiesmy baby is in charge of this.

I just started today and have four orders so far. I'm off to visit corporate friends after lunch.

My sympathies go out to those that lost a friend and to the family. 38 is so young.

Wandacleo..I love Bryan Adams...where is he playing?

thanks for the wreath info..my mom likes that kinda stuff. me? bah humbug heee. Surprised she hasn't asked me to take down her boxes yet.

Aw sorry Clay wasn't on tonight for those that traveled.

Get well Clay.

Bryan is at the State Theater in Monterey. It's an old theater that was refurbished and is used for concerts now--about 1000 seats. The concert is Wednesday December 3. You're welcome to come down and stay if you want to get a ticket and see the show.

ETA

Here's the link:

State Theater ticket info

:cryingwlaughter:

Those pictures are great!! Where can I get that latte?

ETA: I got a new iPod today that has video capabilities. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to change .wmv files to iPod-compatible or is it not possible?

And... does anyone have any good Clack suggestions? I can't wait to put stuff on my shiny new toy!! Thanks so much! :goaround:

There's a bunch of stuff already converted to mp4 for iPods at Clack Unlimited, clayzy. :)

I recommend the Tyra interview 'cause he was verra verra CUTE! :flirtysmile3: