#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

calurker, the ET thing was supposed to be earlier (I think November 6), but was canceled for some reason. This Thursday is supposed to be the true date, we'll just have to see.

Anyone got any good ideas for my "sign" to give Scarlett for Friday? I like her idea about it being something from the person who asked him a question that he answered, but I can't come up with anything creative. Also...Scarlett, does it have to be a jpg? Can it be a Word document?

claybella's recap from the OFC. (She said it could travel)

I'm not sure I will ever be able to do justice to this story. But I will give it a try!

I was instructed to stay in my seat after the show until somebody came and got me for my tour. My very wonderful friends were all waiting around with me when Jerome came out and asked which one was Jo-Anne (of course everybody answered "ME"!!) but once the "confusion" was cleared up Jerome said for me to wait on stage until he came back with Clay... and the ladies were invited to wait for me outside the theater (leaving me without any visible means of support). As I was pacing back and forth up on the stage a very nice lady came up to me and introduced herself as Allison, I believe she was the stage manager. She was very charming and kind and tried to "put me at ease"; she told me all about how they get Rick up into the air to do his Tim the Enchanter scene, the mechanics involved etc. Very impressive stuff. Then she was off to see what was happening and I resumed my pacing. I turned around at one point and there was Clay. Thank God he said my name, so I was not expected to remember it myself.

Mere words can't convey what a pleasure and honor it was to meet Clay; and to have him thank ME? It was not easy for me to speak. I think I managed to utter a few complete sentences and not say Uh too many times. I got to meet Beth in the women's ensemble room; she was there late because she had been collecting Broadway Cares money in a bucket that night. Clay pointed out that many of them had been there since day one, and showedme Ariel's picture; saying Sunday night was her last night and that she would be sorely missed. It was mind boggling to see all the props and costumes and wigs and scenery crammed backstage into very precise cubbies, every thing and every body must be in the right and specific place at the exact right time and order for the show to be the spectacularly successful production it is. The teamwork involved was still palpable even though almost everybody had left by the time I was shown around. I can only imagine how proud Clay must feel to be a member of this very talented team. After having been shown the trap door from the underneath side, I carefully avoided walking over it up top when crossing the stage so Clay could show me the tiny ladder that he climbs to get up into his tower for his first scene. (Whaaaat? I told you I was chicken to cross the trap door in the floor and you thought I would climb up that itty bitty ladder?? Yeah right!) I was allowed to look at but not touch (Union rules you know) the wigs, I got to see the little costume changing areas where Shannon does her magic. An endearing moment was when Clay showed me the wall where everybody has posted pictures of their pets, Raleigh and Durham were there, and Shannon's "pet" was a picture of Clay in a pink heart (everybody say "Awwwwwww" here, cuz I sure did)! There was a whole bunch more stuff that he talked about and showed me which may come back to me in spurts once/if the numbness wears off... Eventually it was time to go, but not before the signing of some Playbills. Clay asked me to sign one for him (I wish I could remember what I wrote; I pray it wasn't too insipid), and he signed one for me. I asked if I could get some pictures, Clay graciously said OK, and so Jerome was pressed into action as an on-the-spot ace photographer (and I think he did a very nice job - thank you very much)! I got a goodbye hug and shown where I could exit though the now famous SD but not without a final pat on the back from a very nice lady by the name of Rose who sits right inside the door; she said she had just read my bio and thought it was very funny. I don't think me feet were touching the ground when I walked out that door!!!

calurker, the ET thing was supposed to be earlier (I think November 6), but was canceled for some reason. This Thursday is supposed to be the true date, we'll just have to see.

Actually, it's supposed to be Friday. Anyway, fingers crossed that it will be sometime this week.

We were supposed to have flurries today but didn't see any. We did drive 60 miles each way to meet our youngest son for dinner, so might have missed it then.

Can't believe WFI starts the day after Thanksgiving. I don't even want to think about buying gifts. I still have to pay all those expenses from our two day visit to NYC. And I only got to see Spamalot once. :cry4:

Since it's pretty quiet, I'll take this opportunity to tell you the story of my husband's wedding ring.

Many years ago his ring got too tight so he cut it off and I bought him a new one. Of course then he lost weight. About ten years ago he was raking leaves and the ring flew off. He raked and looked but couldn't find it. Fast forward five years or so, I was in the yard sweeping the driveway when I saw something shiney. It was his ring.

A few years later he lost in the yard again. He looked but couldn't find it. A few years after that I opened the door out onto our back stoop which is eight feet or so above ground. There shining on the deck was his ring. We assumed a bird dropped it there.

A few months ago he noticed his ring was missing. Looked all over the house and couldn't find it. Today I decided to wear a pair of shoes which was under a bureau. I felt something funny in the shoes and shook them. Out flew his ring. I ran over to him yelling over and over "You are so lucky" and presented him with his ring. I told him I doubted he would be that lucky if he loses it again. Just a weird happening.

We were supposed to have flurries today but didn't see any. We did drive 60 miles each way to meet our youngest son for dinner, so might have missed it then.

Can't believe WFI starts the day after Thanksgiving. I don't even want to think about buying gifts. I still have to pay all those expenses from our two day visit to NYC. And I only got to see Spamalot once. :cry4:

Since it's pretty quiet, I'll take this opportunity to tell you the story of my husband's wedding ring.

Many years ago his ring got too tight so he cut it off and I bought him a new one. Of course then he lost weight. About ten years ago he was raking leaves and the ring flew off. He raked and looked but couldn't find it. Fast forward five years or so, I was in the yard sweeping the driveway when I saw something shiney. It was his ring.

A few years later he lost in the yard again. He looked but couldn't find it. A few years after that I opened the door out onto our back stoop which is eight feet or so above ground. There shining on the deck was his ring. We assumed a bird dropped it there.

A few months ago he noticed his ring was missing. Looked all over the house and couldn't find it. Today I decided to wear a pair of shoes which was under a bureau. I felt something funny in the shoes and shook them. Out flew his ring. I ran over to him yelling over and over "You are so lucky" and presented him with his ring. I told him I doubted he would be that lucky if he loses it again. Just a weird happening.

Fear... :cryingwlaughter: that is totally awesome! Might I suggest a chain or a new fitting. Talk about incredible luck! Go buy a lottery ticket with your wedding date as the numbers... quick!

Interesting story Fear!!! He sure is lucky!

mrchach has lost his ring so many times I can't even remember!

The first time I bought another just like the first one. He lost it.

I tried to buy another one, but wouldn't you know the damn company went out of business!

So now he buys his own rings! I'm not sure if he's on #3 or #4 now! :BlowKiss:

eta: I uploaded a few old vids to youtube today!

ENJOY!!

No Clay content whatsoever. I am just so addicted to the Puppy Cam it isn't even funny!!!! When those sweet babies go to their new homes, I will be heartbroken!

Ooo! I thought of a Clay connection!! Both the puppies and Clay are CUTE!!!!!

Back to the puppies one last time before heading to bed........

Spam reports

hey all!

So back from Spamalot! It was freezing cold in the alley and standing outside waiting for the stage door. It was a great show.

Ok well random things:

- The Knights of Ni where hilarious! The little Ni's kept saying "Ni!" and Rick would look at them confused.. And then the Ni next to him kept saying "Ni!" in different pitches and he turned and said shhhh. And then Rick said "I am actually the father of Sara Pailin's daughters baby!" Everyone laughed for a good long time.

- Clay looked really happy throughout. He was doing his accent, smiling, dancing and for some reason constantly sticking out his tongue! When he danced he stuck it out, when he was doing the slow mo ride he was sticking it out, when he was just sitting there he stuck out his tongue. Is he trying to say something? Oh and his bottle dance was great he looked like he was really concentrating. He was playing with all the girls shaking his body and gesturing the come hither sign. He was just great!

- Bradley Dean the guy who plays Galahad fell and slipped right in front of me and landed with a thud when the French were running after the Knights. It sounded painful but he just got right back up. I liked him as Galahad and he had a great voice.

- The King was obviously trying to get laughs when he said something funny. He would squint his eyes, dramatically pause or do a gesture. It was kind of weird at first but it worked!

- The Lady of the Lake is gorgeous! And her voice isn't that bad either.

- The only bad thing was that there weren't a lot of reactions this includes to any of the actors. It was kind of disappointing. But the guy behind me was laughing so loud and happily it was contagious and kind of made the night. And even better he got picked to go up on stage and the king and everyone on stage was like should we reward him? And the guy was like "no thats ok" to patsy. He was reluctant but great. He deserved it.

- No stage door! But I did get a picture with Rick, one of my other favorite characters. I love the French scene and the french guys are definitely going more nutz then I remembered.

- I didn't notice this before when I was there but every time Clay was slightly to my left the Lady of the Lake would block my view! I was like could you just move over a tiny bit? please?

Not much to report , show was great .....and of course Clay was great

Good crowd for a Tues. night .

First balcony fairly full, could not see up to the top one , but first balcony FULL!!!!

No side door , Judy waited , but no showing

Won't do Broadway Cares till Fri. Sat. Sun.

Crowd subdued . but Clay still great as always .

Clay was having fun with flirting with the girls! When isn't he ?

Didn't sing Amen this time

Judy in the very front row he looked delicious as always .

I just thought I should share this newsflash - it was the lead on this morning's entertainment report on my local radio station. Jennifer Aniston reportedly slept over at John Mayer's house last night for the first time. That's right - you read it here first. You're welcome.

And we think Clayland is slow???

I actually wrote an email to the station asking if they weren't just a little bit ashamed of themselves.

Oh yes and that story was followed by a listing of the top ten most influential toddlers in Hollywood. Strangely, Parker did not make the list. (Suri Cruise - #1)

Carry on.

*note to self: get an alarm clock that plays CD's to wake up to*

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Clay is on ET! :yahoo:

8 Days until Clay is Talking Turkey!

:yahoo:

11 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

46 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

68 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I just thought I should share this newsflash - it was the lead on this morning's entertainment report on my local radio station. Jennifer Aniston reportedly slept over at John Mayer's house last night for the first time. That's right - you read it here first. You're welcome.

cindilu2 :lmaosmiley-1:

ETA, ldyj thanks for bringing over that recap...LOVED the part about Shannon's "pet". :wub: I MAY share him with her.

cindilu2, WTF? I guess that's why I never turn the damned radio on anymore. Except if I need a quick road report when I'm driving or something. How can a toddler be "influential" anyways? :huh:

Alarm? Heh, what's that? I get up when I hear the neighbours start their car....if I can sleep that late. 7:00 am is sleeping in to me!

I actually wrote an email to the station asking if they weren't just a little bit ashamed of themselves.

Oh yes and that story was followed by a listing of the top ten most influential toddlers in Hollywood. Strangely, Parker did not make the list. (Suri Cruise - #1)

Carry on.

BWAH!!! Very funny, cindilu. And the new banner is scrumptious! :thankyou:

BWAH! Of course, we remember, don't we, that fateful day when the NEWS! was that Clay was seen rushing barefooted from a Santa Monica residence to his car that was getting ticketed?

Hmmmm? :whistling-1:

Delicious tidbits of celebrity life, eh?

oy.

By the way...it's been so long since I did the Spamalot ticket tango...if seats are available in Row L right or left side near the aisle, which view is better? I don't think I've ever sat in the right section of seats except for in the mezzanine up front.

Rose Radio? Apparently an online radio station...I can't get it to play for me.

Rose Radio Top 30 Chart - 11/18/08

Impressive that Clay has 3 songs in the Top 5, including the #1 position.

They are old covers though... I wonder why nothing from OMWH made it to the list.

Hee - I do believe Rose Radio is owned and operated by our very own FCA member roseviolet. Haven't seen her around in a long time though, so I might be playing a little fast and loose with the 'our very own' thing, lol.

Rose Radio? Apparently an online radio station...I can't get it to play for me.

Rose Radio Top 30 Chart - 11/18/08

Impressive that Clay has 3 songs in the Top 5, including the #1 position.

They are old covers though... I wonder why nothing from OMWH made it to the list.

Hee - I do believe Rose Radio is owned and operated by our very own FCA member roseviolet. Haven't seen her around in a long time though, so I might be playing a little fast and loose with the 'our very own' thing, lol.

Hi! I haven't been here in a while, but am still around. Yes, I'm still operating Rose Radio, though not as many people are listening to it anymore. Actually, more than 3 songs were in the top 30, but in order for the list not to be overwhelmed with Clay, I just list the top 3 of his songs that make the list. I do play him as often as I can on the playlist. There are certain rules I'm suppose to follow or I would play Clay all the time!

:me0:

:whereareu:

:icon_smile_feedback: Please & thank you.... if flying into Newark, what's the best way to get into Manhattan?

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Transition Team Named (mainly the second section "Education")

Pardon my semi-political intrusion here, but I just got this in an email and got verrra, verrra excited...

See, the woman that has been named to head Education on the transition team for the new administration is a woman named Linda Darling-Hammond. And she was the keynote speaker at my organization's annual conference last year! She's worked a lot with our founder, Dr. Ted Sizer, and is very well esteemed in education reform...It's just so thrilling to see 'connections' between the local and the national, you know? She's a terrific speaker and really inspiring. I'm proud that the work our organization does is aligned with her own philosophical objectives for education. :yess:

[/semi-political intrusion] :blush:

Oh, and just to make sure you know where my REAL priorities lie...

themotherload_2.jpg

album_pic.jpg

waldodc2.jpg

thankyaverramuchhaveaniceday... :sleezy:

I swear, in that last picture, it looks like he has two! :scream:

Or, perhaps this would be a better reaction... :nana:

ETA: I like this Rose Radio! A station where I can hear plenty of Clay, while branching out at the same time? Fabulous! My radio stations here NEVER play enough any of our favorite singer. They do play some of the songs he covered on ATDW, though....

muskifest

Oh, and just to make sure you know where my REAL priorities lie...
I really do think that you need give some warning before posting those photos. That third one in particular.

Doesn't matter how many times I see that photo it still stirs the same reaction in me.

Lotus fans herself...Lawdy lawdy!!

Yesterday I saw David Archuleta on the Bonnie Hunt show. He is cute but such a little kid and I really think that he was too young for AI. I can see that he appeals to 'tweens the way the Jonas Brothers do but that won't last very long, not unless he can be seen to be cool enough for the upcoming 'tweens generation.

Bonnie Hunt told him when times are great not to let it go to his head and when times get tough not to let it go to his heart. Good advice and I'm sure he'll need it.

Monty Python has its own channel on You Tube Monty Python on You Tube I just finished watching the French Taunter scene and you know what?

I think the Spamalot version is much funnier.

ldyj, I think Word'll be fine. Just in case, I will also take a .jpg conversion. We're going to try to print this at playbiller's Fedex branch and so I can't ask before hand. Play? As for the design, maybe the ones who have theirs could share them with you for ideas.

annabear, there's a nice bus to the Port Authority for $25 roundtrip -- the drivers are very helpful with luggage. The same bus goes to Bryant Park and Grand Central.