#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

I am so excited that Clay will be on Rosie's show. I was at my 87 year old mother house yesterday and she said she misses seeing Clay on TV. I told her about the possibility of ET on Friday and the Parade next week. She will be really glad that she will be able to see him also on Wed. night.

I hope we get a detailed report of the Q&A with Clay. I would of loved to be there.

Hugs to annabear and mamabear. Stay hopeful. Look at Elizabeth Edwards and here in Chicago, Maggie Daley (the mayor's wife) both continue to have active lives with advanced breast cancer.

General show info from Playbill:

Alec Baldwin to Guest on "Rosie Live" Variety Special

By Andrew Gans

18 Nov 2008

Stage and screen star Alec Baldwin, who can currently be seen on the Emmy-winning "30 Rock," will guest star on Rosie O'Donnell's upcoming television variety show, "Rosie Live."

Baldwin, according to an NBC press release, will join the previously announced Liza Minnelli, Ne-Yo, Alanis Morissette, Kathy Griffin and Jane Krakowski for the NBC variety special, which will air Nov. 26 at 8 PM ET live from New York's Little Shubert Theatre.

"Rosie Live" will feature "a topical monologue, musical production numbers and hilarious comedy sketches." The program is produced by Universal Media Studios in association with KidRo Productions. O'Donnell and David Friedman are the executive producers.

Alec Baldwin was most recently on Broadway in Twentieth Century. His other Broadway credits include A Streetcar Named Desire (Tony nomination), Serious Money and Loot (Theatre World Award). Baldwin was also nominated for an Academy Award for his performance in "The Cooler" and won an Emmy for his work in "30 Rock."

Rosie O'Donnell made her Broadway debut as Rizzo in the 1994 revival of Grease!, played a limited engagement as the Cat in the Hat in the Ahrens-Flaherty musical Seussical, and portrayed Golde in the recent revival of Fiddler on the Roof. The performer also spent some time on the other side of the footlights as producer of the Broadway version of Boy George's Taboo.

O'Donnell rose to fame as a stand-up comic before landing roles in such films as "A League of Their Own," "Sleepless in Seattle," "The Flintsones" and "Exit to Eden." Her Emmy-winning talk show, "The Rosie O'Donnell Show," ran from 1996 to 2001, and her more recent TV credits include appearances on "Will & Grace" and "Queer as Folk" as well as the made-for-television movie "Riding the Bus with My Sister" and the cable series "Nip/Tuck." She also spent a year as co-host of ABC-TV's "The View."

O'Donnell is married to Kelli Carpenter O'Donnell; the couple has four children. O'Donnell's autobiography is titled "Find Me"; her newest book is "Celebrity Detox."

Cool about Clay on Rosie! I love her! I think she's a riot. She may have a big mouth sometimes, but she also has a big heart and a big sense of humor.

Has the commercial for Rose's show been posted? I stole this from CH who stole it from CV....

Rosie's Commercial

I get to see our boyfriend this Saturday! Why didn't he do that Q & A this Saturday? Of course, I wouldn't have the $200, but still!

(And I hear Rick is out. He better be back by Saturday night! I can no more imagine Spamalot without Rick than I can without Clay!)

{{{annabear and mamabear}}} Sending good thoughts your way.

Wheeeeee, is it Wednesday yet? ;) Can't wait!

ETA Spam recaps via CH:

recap from clayreno at cb..

</SPAN>Tonight's recap-

Rick out tonite

Mika Duncan is substitute not up to par sorry

Audience mostly Monty fans dialogue got most applause

Orchestra not full,mezzanine only first 3-4 rows,balcony seem empty

Audience energy relatively low

No applause for Clay at the tower,idol of my age,tunic flip,polite applause for YWSOB

Tim the enchanter lost left eyebrow

No standing O

BC pics with Galahad,Mika&Bedvere few in line

Saving the best for last-clay's best friend Waldo made a surprise appearance at the finale while dancing the I found my Grail and dancing with Jenny Hill

Peasant was B101 asian lady who shook Clay's hand

Hope tomorrow will be better

From CV~

from mariedrummond at the OFC she said it can travel.

clay did the broadway cares speech, and he was on fire

he said that BC hs raised $85 million dollars thorugh the years and he wanted (us the audience) to cough up the same $85 million tonight lol

when we laughed he said "Don't laugh, I mean it"

Clay first said that poster was $20 and Bradley corrected him, so then Clay said well I signed it so it's $120

he said we take cheques, visa, dollars, pesos (which are worth more than our dollar right now) big laughs

again

they have little rubber bracelets for $5

bradley threw one in the audience and a guy caught it - and clay said oh you thought you got one for freee? nooooooooo. we'll find you

Spam review from tonight (Thursday):

If you're coming to NYC this weekend, bring a warm coat.

Thought it was a good sign to hear Invisible, in a Duane Reade drugstore!

I would agree that the audience was rather low energy. I had NJU's on both sides, who laughed a lot. The guy on my left came alone...he's a Monty Python fan. He called his ex-wife(?) at intermission to tell her he was at Spamalot, and that it was really really good.

The Knights who say Ni seemed a bit rushed. Mika (substituting for Rick Holmes) sang "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane," then said something like "Will you still bail us out?" ... reference to the big 3 automakers asking for a bailout. I thought Mika did a good job.

Clay was over-the-top scaredy cat tonight. I was at opening weekend in September and thought that Clay has improved his enunciation on YCSOB and Brother Maynard holy hand grenade lines. Clay was laughing when Tim the Enchanter lost his left eyebrow. His hat was on crooked during "I'm Not Dead" scene...it kept falling over his eyes.

Broadway Cares fundraiser was announced by Clay...He looks so thin.

$5 for the "rubber thing," which he threw into the audience. The rubber thing is the "Find Your Grail" bracelet.

$40 for signed poster

$20 for signed Playbill

$20 for CD (other Broadway shows will have it, but buy it here...it's a competition)

$20 for pic with Sir Galahad, Bevedere and Lancelot

Different post cuz this one isn't a recap. It's an offer to buy Spam merchandise, for those who can't get to NYC. From CH via CB, the man from Playbill wrote:

Clay Aiken/Sir Robin Spamalot T-Shirts Now Available...

Hi everyone! I hope the mods don't mind that I'm posting this here instead of the Spamalot forum, but I have news that I think a lot of people will be interested in, so I'm starting the thread in this forum, and the mods can move it if they see fit.

Just in time for the holidays, I'm happy to announce that the Clay Aiken as Sir Robin in Spamalot t-shirts are now available to purchase online for the very first time - only at PlaybillStore.com!

Up until now, these shirts could only be purchased at the Shubert Theatre in New York City. We've had dozens and dozens of requests for this shirt over the last several months, and I'm pleased that we are finally able to offer it to Clay's fans who can't make the trip to NYC. And to those who did see the show, decided not to buy the t-shirt, and have been kicking themselves ever since. You know who you are.

The shirt is 100% pre-shrunk cotton and is available in unisex sizes small though 2xlarge for $24.95 plus shipping and state sales tax where applicable. Supplies are limited, order your t-shirt today!

http://www.playbillstore.com/spbrmuclaias.html

We also have the Clay Aiken and Sir Robin magnet for $5

http://www.playbillstore.com/spbrmuclaias1.html

And the Clay Aiken as Sir Robin button, also for $5

http://www.playbillstore.com/spbrmuclaias2.html

Plus the souvenir program with the Clay Aiken as Sir Robin foldout poster, and the Playbill from Clay's very first performance in Spamalot, and all the other great Spamalot merchandise available at the Shubert Theatre.

http://www.playbillstore.com/spamalot.html

We're very grateful for all the business you've brought us over the last year, and without exception Clay's fans have been delightful customers. On behalf of the PlaybillStore.com staff, I wish you all a happy and healthy holiday season.

Warmest Regards,

Bruce Stapleton

Director of Merchandising

Playbill, Inc.

This morning we really have snow and it's already covering a few trees. :lilredani: It's 32 degrees so it'll be gone shortly. It already stopped. :cry4:

Looking forward to the week of Clay. I don't care if he sings, dances or makes funny faces. It's fun to look forward to a different kind of appearance.

I'll be glad to see the downfall of reality tv if Rosie's premise takes off. I'm so tired of seeing people crying, making fun of others or being downright ugly (not physically). Confession: I do watch Project Runway and Top Chef. :hahaha:

Off to see if school is closed as I need to go to the gym this morning. They close when school is closed.

Good Morning Everyone,

5 Days until Clay is on Rosie Live! :yahoo:

6 Days until Clay is Talking Turkey!:yahoo:

9 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday! :yahoo:

44 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

66 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:hello: Morning, troops!

Luckiest1 thanks for bringing over the recaps and the announcement from Playbill.com. It's always amazing how perceptions differ from person to person about a particular show. I guess it depends partially on where you're sitting as to how you perceive it too.

Fear, I'm sorry your snow stopped! Could I send you some? :whistling-1:

Anna, missed that last night in my rushed runthru..... :thbighug-1:

FromClaygary, would be glad to take a little snow. We haven't had much in the last ten years or so. School was delayed two hours so no gym for me today.

I miss when we lived in NJ and actually changed to snow tires in the winter. We only have regular tires here in NC.

I noticed on WMAG, the Greensboro AC station they have added Clay's OHN to their playlist. Of course he is #98, way behind Clarkson, Underwood and Daughtry. Baby steps.

Cool about Clay on Rosie! I love her! I think she's a riot. She may have a big mouth sometimes, but she also has a big heart and a big sense of humor.

Has the commercial for Rose's show been posted? I stole this from CH who stole it from CV....

I agree about Rosie. I can understand why some people don't like her but I can also see why so many others love her. I personally love her values, her intelligence and her enormous heart. Oh and her humour, of course! Sometimes she speaks without thinking but she always seems to mean well. That's what I know of her from the little experience I have had because by the time The View started screening Down Under, she had left the show. So I only know of her from YouTube and I know she loves Clay; that's good enough for me!.. .

Clay... on my tv... oh my!!! :laola0: whoo hoo!!!

luckiest... thanks for bringing that playbill thing over. I'm going to get the t-shirt, since they were nice enough to make it blue. I look horrible in white or black and 3/4ths of all Clay t-shirt merchandise every offered has been those non-colors. I have one red tour shirt. I'm buying!!!

Big... er, make that little... hehe... news! I reached the 35 lb weight loss milestone this morning! It has taken me 2 weeks to let go of these last 2 pounds. Now, for the next milestone. :nanaonacid:

I can't reward myself with food and I have all the clothes I need, so I'm just going to feel smug all day... :cryingwlaughter:

muski.... but... but.... a massage is how I got into this mess. After a year and a half of an ever deepening relationship with my massage therapist, we started dating. After 6 weeks, he just dropped me... no calls, nuttin'. I know better, but I ate my hurt and anger and... So... a massage is not a good idea :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

**** Anyone going to Spamalot in the next week or so willing to pick me up one of the "Find Your Grail" bracelets??? I'll send money in advance or after the fact, whichever. Thanks!!!

Hello, FCA! :hello:

The whiteness is melting here, too. It sure was pretty -- but I'll take balmy Novembers any day. :whistling-1:

Luckiest1, thnx for posting about the 2009 CA Calendar at the CH. The Carolina blog rarelt receives visits from that board, and last week there were tons. I followed the "live feed" link to see what was going on. This, of course, led me to the blurb you posted about Rosa's calendar. LOL, sales have gone through the roof and will provide a tidy TBAF donation.

In the current entry, I posted a reminder that Monday (11/24) is the order deadline, along with a clickable of all 12 months. One reader has already received the calendar, and she commented that it really is a professional job. Kewl! :clay:

th_thbirthdaygreet.gifto Cotton! Hope your day is very special!

Have a great weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Wait a minute...back up the truck a second...it's Cotton's birthday?!?!?! How did we not know this? Happy birthday, you wild woman! (And I hope you are feeling better from your snus infection...)

I make my own calendars generally (via snapfish) but I may have to purchase a second one...LOL.