#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Ok, I've always heard of mincemeat, but I have no idea what it is exactly.... I know Google is my friend, but anyone here care to enlighten me? :lilredani:

Mincemeat is a mixture of chopped dried fruit, distilled spirits and spices, and sometimes beef suet, beef, or venison. Originally, mincemeat always contained meat. Many modern recipes contain beef suet, though vegetable shortening is sometimes used in its place. Mincemeat, and similar variants are found in the UK, Ireland, Brittany, northern Europe, as well as the United States and Canada.
(from Wikipedia)

Back in the day when I used to do canning I used to make prune plum mincemeat which contained no animal products except butter in place of suet. It was very good and I've had some in which green tomatoes were used..also good. Mincemeat tarts for Christmas...mmm good!

Claymatron - are you trying to make a music cd (like would play in your car player)? Because if you are, you can't use a CD-RW (re-writable). Perhaps that is what your error message means. If not, then ignore this, lol. If you're just trying to add mp3 files to a CD-RW, it could be that the disc itself isn't any good any more - it happens. Did you try a different one?

Okay, have a confession to make...don't laugh...I feel silly enough already...I sent Clay a Birthday Card and I....blushes furiously...wrote him a fan letter! The first time I ever wrote a fan letter to any celebrity...but since I figure the chances of me every getting a chance to talk to him in person are slim to nil...why not? I was very good, didn't get overly fangirly...just wanted to let him know he is being thought of.

Kim

No laughing here. I think that's sweet! :friends:

Ok, I've always heard of mincemeat, but I have no idea what it is exactly.... I know Google is my friend, but anyone here care to enlighten me? :lilredani:

From the back of my jar sitting on the counter: Water, corn syrup, apples, raisins, molasses, dried citrus peel, distilled vinegar, salt, spices, beef, bitters, fruit pectin.

The original mincemeat that was made in England (and maybe still is) had beef and beef suet..I don't think any dried fruit.

The jarred mincemeat is pretty sweet; sort of like a fruitcake without the cake!

Kim

Mincemeat is a mixture of chopped dried fruit, distilled spirits and spices, and sometimes beef suet, beef, or venison. Originally, mincemeat always contained meat. Many modern recipes contain beef suet, though vegetable shortening is sometimes used in its place. Mincemeat, and similar variants are found in the UK, Ireland, Brittany, northern Europe, as well as the United States and Canada.
(from Wikipedia)

Back in the day when I used to do canning I used to make prune plum mincemeat which contained no animal products except butter in place of suet. It was very good and I've had some in which green tomatoes were used..also good. Mincemeat tarts for Christmas...mmm good!

back in the day - my friend Linda and I used to trade a jar of mincemeat back and forth for the Holidays.

Neither of us actually ever made a pie!! :cryingwlaughter:

You all may want to scroll cuz this is going to be a long one. I am finally back and am still very happy. Thanks luckiest for thinking of me. I was in the front row a few seats down from koko and heard a little of her story so I am really happy for her but not nearly as happy as I am for me. I can completely relate to her feelings about the picture and the staring because I felt the same way. I wanted a picture with Clay but as soon as I got to the theater I started getting nervous and thinking that I didn't want them to even offer it so I didn't have to make a decision. But during intermission I met another claymate from the cb and cv, who very infrequently posts and we started talking so when they offered it, I had someone I "knew" going too so I felt better. Yeah, my daughter was there too but she doesn't count because I'm still the leader there. I was so happy though because I remembered my name when he asked and where I was from, I didn't trip or do anything else to embarrass myself, and I had the biggest smile on my face. And my picture came out half decent even if my hips are wider than Clay's shoulders. Guess I can't expect miracles. I wish I could remember more of it, or had remembered to say happy birthday or something but that might have been pushing things anyway. I'm almost positive I shook his hand because I remember he had his hand out. Vaguely remember putting my arm around his waist and I'm sure it didn't stroll down since Jerome was there and I didn't get tackled or anything. Plus my one arm is missing in the pic so I'm sure it had to be somewhere. Never even thought to look straight into those gorgeous eyes, which looked amazing from those pics at Rosie's gala.

As far as Spam and being in the front row, it was amazing. Of course all I could do was stare at Clay. Every now and then, I'd take a quick peek at some of the others when he was on stage too, but I just couldn't help myself. I love the tower scene with Tom and Rick, but damn, when you got Clay lying right in front of you, how are you supposed to concentrate on anything else. I spent almost the entire scene just watching him lying there breathing, unfortunately, I didn't see Waldo but it was still a nice view. And his hand was so close and I'm one who likes that part of him too so I was staring at it. He really breathes heavy when he's on the floor and I'm pretty sure he was laughing at some of Tom's faces or trying really hard not too just it looked like his stomach was just rollling.

He did catch the lotl's armor because he practically jumped off the table to get it. And he did give a pelvic thrust to one of the dancers and when he went to get the dice, the dancer either blew him a kiss or kissed his cheek. So hard to remember all the details, I don't know how some people do it. The lotl was played by Emily Hsu last night and while my daughter and I agreed that we liked her a little more than Merle (not voice-wise but she doesn't seem quite so formal) but we both thought Hannah was the best. She played it so OTT which really worked for that part and she's probably as big a ham as Clay is. New king is better than before especially in the scene where he said about Patsy being family but I still like Jonathan better. Plus this king spits a lot. They must get a drenching down in the orchestra pit.

I know that there were other Clay fans there but it was a more NJU crowd. Guy beside me thoroughly enjoyed the play judging by his laughter. I think Clay got the most applause but it's weird not hearing all the screams. I really like it better with the enthusiastic Clay fans, even if I'm one of the quiet ones, because it does seem to add more to the performances and to the audience response, at least for me.

I can tell you that I am in a much better mood than I have been in all year and I needed this trip. I've been working with adults with dd for the past two years while I've been going to school and the one that I fell in love with from the first time I met her has developed dementia over the past year so it has been really hard for me to handle. This couldn't have come at a better time. And even though I doubt Clay will even remember my face if he sees me again, which god willing won't be after another five years, at least I know that for that 20 seconds, he did actually see me. That was important to me because although I love all his interactions with the regulars, sometimes its nice to feel that he knows I'm there too. Hopefully someone else has an idea of what I'm talking about and can explain it better.

Once my daughter gets the picture scanned and then if we can figure out how to get it from the computer to here, I will post the pic. Clay looks beautiful as always.

Oh, and I can't wait for tonight and tomorrow for more Clay because you can never have enough Clay.

Justclay12 I totally understand...one of the things I mentioned in my letter to him was how much it meant to me when he quoted my post at the OFC and how as fans, we all would like to have our own little "Clay moment"...I am so glad you had yours!

Kim

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. And aikim, that was a perfect way of saying it, that we all want to have our own Clay moment. That was part of why I was so disappointed the last time I went because some of the OFC girls were there last time, the ones that are cute and annoying at the same time, and I was standing right next to the girl who got her hair kind of fluffed or something by Clay. He did happen to see my hand with the paper I was holding out so he was sweet enough to see it but I felt like the good, shy kid hiding in the corner. And I would never have taken that moment away from that girl, nor do I feel mad because she gets attention because after reading her posts, I can tell how happy it makes her. But its like you said about wanting your moment and I finally got mine. Only problem is that now I want more. Oh well, its important to have goals in life. Maybe my next thing will be a meet and greet, and now I really want to try harder to get some of those front row tickets at any future concerts.

Justclay12 I totally understand...one of the things I mentioned in my letter to him was how much it meant to me when he quoted my post at the OFC and how as fans, we all would like to have our own little "Clay moment"...I am so glad you had yours!

Kim

Ahhh, that's totally cool, and I'm so glad you did that!

A friend and I sent him a birthday card too, and made donations to BAF. And I'm sorry, but I'm not one whit embarrassed. :)

We've often sent him flowers or little things at his "big moments" and I always just love doing so. I know perfectly well he doesn't need them, and he gets lots of things that then likely go to the hospitals or whatever....so what??

I think everyone needs to know you love them, often, whether they need it or not.

And we love him.

No doubt about that.

:wub:

justclay12, LOVED your recap and I'm so glad you decided to do your picture! Looking forward to seeing it!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. And aikim, that was a perfect way of saying it, that we all want to have our own Clay moment. That was part of why I was so disappointed the last time I went because some of the OFC girls were there last time, the ones that are cute and annoying at the same time, and I was standing right next to the girl who got her hair kind of fluffed or something by Clay. He did happen to see my hand with the paper I was holding out so he was sweet enough to see it but I felt like the good, shy kid hiding in the corner. And I would never have taken that moment away from that girl, nor do I feel mad because she gets attention because after reading her posts, I can tell how happy it makes her. But its like you said about wanting your moment and I finally got mine. Only problem is that now I want more. Oh well, its important to have goals in life. Maybe my next thing will be a meet and greet, and now I really want to try harder to get some of those front row tickets at any future concerts.

I am still waiting for my Meet and Greet too...crossing all my fingers and toes that we have a tour next year so I have another chance!

Kim

This show really does take me back to the days of watching the Ed Sullivan show -- lots of variety, things you wouldn't see anywhere else. I'm liking it so far.

Clay's appearance was very CUTE if you ask me! And he was there as Sir Robin, which I think was very cool.

I liked the joke, about all Clay and Rosie have in common. I LOL'd!

I think Patsy was one of the chorus members, but not sure which one.

Almost forgot -- congrats justclay! I'm glad you had your "moment," with hopes for many more to come.

Sorry, I turned it off after Clay was on...thought the show was very boring and unfunny...and I honestly did not like Clay's appearance...I wasn't expecting much...but I am so ready to see Clay Aiken...I really am disappointed.

Kim

That was FUN!!!! I'm not surprised at all that it was Broadway related - Rosie's always been a supporter, and this was perfect as a last minute addition. Their little joke was cute (and it IS kinda funny how much they have in common besides ...Gabriel Byrne, lololol)

Nobody really got much time - I'd say that's my only hope for future shows. Less guests, more time for each one. Apart from that - loved it! (Douchebag Griffin and Conehead notwithstanding)

I guess I had very little expectations on this show, because I really enjoyed it. Yes, there was a LOT going on, and yes, some of it wasn't funny. But that was the way of those variety shows from days gone by, especially (IMO) Ed Sullivan. I mean -- that show went from Topo Gigio, to The Beatles, and then to a ventriloquist. Not everyone liked everything on Ed's show either, but they always found something to talk about, and there was always at least one segment that each person enjoyed. I found Rosie's show to be approximately the same, but just with nerves for the first time. I also think she put so many people in this show to show her "star power," in order to get some ratings. I personally hope it worked. Besides, any show that has Conan getting a pie in his face, is good for me. (And shoot me, but I thought Kathy G. as Nancy Grace was rather funny....)

As for Clay's appearance -- well, first of all, I had to laugh at the text message thing, just from the history of this fandom. *g* I thought he looked really good in his Sir Robin outfit; I loved that he mentioned Parker; and the whole Gabriel Byrne joke made me laugh. His befuddled look when he was trying to remember what else he had in common with Rosie was pretty funny, IMO.

One more comment: it seems to me that Clay, at this point already, is comfortable joking about the media and its obsession with his sexuality. Good for him.

JMO, of course.

Oh, I loved that! Talk about shoo-ing the elephant in the room! :hysterical:

It was strange though....he was kind of Sir Aiken; not quite Sir Robin without the British accent....and not quite Clay, as he was mostly in character. Mannerisms were Sir Robin, speech and sense of humor were Sir Clay. :lol:

Hee, I can't stop hitting rewind on the commercials to watch Clay again. :cryingwlaughter:

Just great exposure, for Spamalot and for him. Win win. Hope he does get back for the second half.

I rewound my recorded Rosie to watch Sir Robin again!

I loved it!

Loved it!

I hope the show gets picked up. I can see Clay coming back to SING!

Pretty Tday banner!

Back to the kitchen!!

*cotton skips off hearing clipclop coconuts *

:Iluvclaysbutt::loveclaysbutt::claysbutt-1: