#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Man, I can't believe how much I've gone over for this guy! I literally squeaked when he appeared--and I'm not a squeaker!

So pretty... even with the rockstar-heavy eyeliner and the crazy hair. (I wanted GMA hair! Red and spiffy! This was a little too... Can hair get caffeinated?)

I loved the Parker mention! (Also, loved the lack of gay joke. That was refreshing.)

Happy Thanksgiving all! Now that the sexpot isn't on TV, I've got to go figure out what dish I've been assigned!

pats aikim fondly...

I am actively fond of a number of Pubbies - voted for the more sensible (those who agreed with me) ones....

I had to work until frickin' 6 pm last night! Feh!

Fairly indifferent to Rosie one way or another, and in general don't think she's funny (except in Exit of Eden and League of Their Own). Liked Clay in the clip...because it was Clay - I didn't think the piece was inherently funny.

Gotta go do my part for Thanksgiving...bringing alcoholic beverages and sparkling grape juice!

Wow!

I'm impressed.

For a parade route quickie, I thought they asked great questions. About his career - Broadway, recording or ??: About Spamalot - doesn't it get boring?: About Parker - How does this change your life?

I almost wonder if Clay gave them the questions. These are certainly have more substance than many of the "real" interviews.

On the other hand, the makeup and hair????? I know Clay thought it was going to be inside under TV lights, but WTF?

Clay's Thanksgiving Parade on CBS did not air in Houston. They had the nerve to show the local parade instead. Rats! If anybody captured it and can share, I would appreciate it. I hope it appears on CU soon. Thanks.

Wow!

I'm impressed.

For a parade route quickie, I thought they asked great questions. About his career - Broadway, recording or ??: About Spamalot - doesn't it get boring?: About Parker - How does this change your life?

I almost wonder if Clay gave them the questions. These are certainly have more substance than many of the "real" interviews.

On the other hand, the makeup and hair????? I know Clay thought it was going to be inside under TV lights, but WTF?

bolding mine

Well that's it isn't it..he thought he'd be under lights..someone didn't get the message to him. And darn we didn't get to see his sweater.

I find myself wishing that Jaymes would take more of a role in advising him on his clothes and hair and then remind myself that she's a mother to Parker, not Clay.

Happy Thanksgiving FCA!!!

I don't know what Clay will be wearing on the parade this morning, but here I am all decked out for the holiday:

turkey_bear1.jpg

I love this bear!

I love it too!! It's so CUTE!!! Just like Clay. So it deserves to be seen over and over!

I LOVED seeing him!!!

Best appearance in ages!

Boy, I really, really have missed seeing the real Clay Aiken and seeing him this morning was so terrific.

I liked the baby news interview too, and now seeing this one out in the busy world and him just yakking away, was pretty darn wonderful.

:wub:

(I always hate the makeup, good grief) but am thanking God for the interview this morning.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to any of you celebrating today.

:Pogo0:

As for that Lance Bass mention last night on DWTS that I've read about, big whoop. They're both out as gay men. I didn't think it was necessary to bring it up in the context that it was used, so I doubt I would have found it very funny, but since I don't watch DWTS, I guess I'll never know. Or care.

I saw it and it was pretty innocuous – and really not that funny. It was supposed to be a roast, but he didn’t really roast anyone but Warren Sapp, as I recall and even that was only mildly amusing.

Don’t tell Clay that I’m cheating on him with Derek Hough from DWTS. I can have both boys – there’s no law against it. <g>

Geez, Clay, you were lovely this morning but I kept getting distracted by the way too much makeup. And I *like* eyeliner on him! But they did ask him good questions. I thought their parade coverage was sucky though.

I slept thru the parade. I was up til 4:30. Would have gotten to bed a bit sooner but chachadotter#1 and I had a little chat about time management. It was just supposed to be a joke about how she said all the stuff she was cooking was easy to do and ended up taking 5 hours. I just said, "next time, you might want to rethink that." Then she got all defensive and we ended up having a discussion about mothers and kids and expectations and reality, you know, all that sh--stuff. all in all it was good, no yelling. Kissed goodnight! :BlowKiss:

Anyhow, I'll have to wait for the clack! Thanks to dancermom and lucky for the screencap.

I agree about the hair and makeup - looks like he straight home last night and ran some product thru his hair this morning!

Well, I have to get dressed and make some creamed spinach!!

claytonic - those cookies are easy-peasy! They are choc-chip-covered marshmallows on top of upside-down fudge stripe cookies! You just melt the choc chips in the MW for a minute or so and use toothpicks to handle the marshmallows, then use icing for the buckle. I got the idea from this website, thinking the kids would like them today! SIL and mrchach liked them! (what's not to like!)

th_tgcookies.jpg

eta: OMG! When did I become an Executive Producer?? wooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, the site the above blog review is on does say “Exposing & Combating Liberal Media Bias”. *g*

I rest my case!

Not all of us Republicans are ultra-conservative or homophobic...I happen to agree with the review...I didn't think it was family friendly, it was unfunny and I didn't think Rosie was a very good host.

You know I really am getting tired of being bashed for my beliefs...not only are you intolerant, but insulting as well...

I can see why you felt bashed, people do take things personally on a fan board. Why, some here ALWAYS assume every post with a differing opinion is meant just for them! :-O

Anyway, why worry about the opinion of someone who hadn't, ya know, even watched the show?

Totally irrelevant opinion! I skip 'em or just disregard them, it's easy!

As a liberal non-homophobic Democrat, I had to agree with a lot that guy said. The jokes and politics talk were jarring, to me. I was hoping for more of a Carol Burnett type of thing.

You know, what you said doesn't even make sense. I wasn't the one feeling attacked. I didn't think Kim's post was meant for me. SHE apparently thought MY post was meant as an attack on HER. SHE was the one mistaken. WHAT I SAID WAS NOT ABOUT KIM. IT WAS ABOUT THE REVIEW AND UNLESS SHE WROTE THE F**KING REVIEW IT WASN'T ABOUT HER AND SHE HAD NO RIGHT TO FEEL PERSONALLY BASHED.

Unlike you, djs, who constantly with your not-so-subtle passive aggressiveness NEVER fails to take an opportunity to take a swipe at me and you have been doing that practically since the first day on this board and I am getting VERY tired of it.

Grow up.

To everyone else, HAPPY TOFURKEY DAY!

Well that's it isn't it..he thought he'd be under lights..someone didn't get the message to him. And darn we didn't get to see his sweater.

I find myself wishing that Jaymes would take more of a role in advising him on his clothes and hair and then remind myself that she's a mother to Parker, not Clay.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do you think Clay thought he'd be under lights? I'm confused. It's a parade, and I expected him to be along the parade route. Do they typically use lights in the daytime? Of course, I haven't seen the clip yet, just the screen cap. And I agree, Jaymes is Parker's mother, not Clay's keeper. I am sure he can dress himself the way he wants to (and that would include however much makeup he does or does not want to wear). I think what I am trying to say is.....let Clay be Clay is my motto. Always has been, always will be.

Looking foward to watching the clack when I get home (and another repeat or three of the Rosie appearance as well)!

Turducken report......not bad. I don't think I really liked the flavour of the duck, but it was hard to distinguish the different meats, all mixed up like that. I liked all the fixin's though. Now I won't eat for a week...... :P

I made some fun cookies.

tgcookies.jpg

cha cha... these are adorable! Conversation pieces, too, which is always good!

Happy Thanksgiving FCA!!!

I don't know what Clay will be wearing on the parade this morning, but here I am all decked out for the holiday:

turkey_bear1.jpg

ETA: EEEEEEEE!!! There he is!!! :flirtysmile3:

ETA2: Awwww, I loved hearing him talk about Parker and how he thinks of him first now and that the world is for him... :wub:

anna... That is the cutest bear I've ever seen... such a cute idea! I, too, thought the interview was very good! Loved his comments about Parker!

Between last night and this morning, a whole lot of people know Clay is starring in Spamalot, if they didn't already know. Great for him and the show (what's left of it). My daughter asked the other day if they were going to bring Spamalot to LA, as she had just gone to see Wicked... I would be in seventh heaven if they did! I've never been to an actual play, unless you count Clay's Xmas tour '05... :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do you think Clay thought he'd be under lights? I'm confused. It's a parade, and I expected him to be along the parade route. Do they typically use lights in the daytime? Of course, I haven't seen the clip yet, just the screen cap. And I agree, Jaymes is Parker's mother, not Clay's keeper. I am sure he can dress himself the way he wants to (and that would include however much makeup he does or does not want to wear). Looking foward to watching the clack when I get home (and another repeat or three of the Rosie appearance as well)!

Clay says that "it is not so warm today and I thought we were going to be inside so I'm freezing. I wore my nice sweater and I had to wear my jacket on top of it."

And of course he can wear what ever he wants in the way of clothes and make up but, you know, sometimes some good advice might be warranted.

ETA: I just indulged in some nostalgia and watched Clay sing "Silver Bells" while on the Hershey float in the 2003 parade.

Happy Thanksgiving Day All!!!

I'm pretty happy with two TV appearances in two days. Longer would have been nicer but I'm not gonna complain. I'm in a good mood! I don't have to cook today and it's a four day weekend! Had to make a couple of desserts to take with us but those are easy peasy... Love those cookies! Will have to write that down and stick in my recipe book!

Re: why might he have thought he'd be under lights? He mentioned that he thought they'd be inside! That's my guess and I'm stickin' to it! eta: lol Lotus types quicker!!!

FWIW, the site the above blog review is on does say “Exposing & Combating Liberal Media Bias”. *g*

I rest my case!

Not all of us Republicans are ultra-conservative or homophobic...I happen to agree with the review...I didn't think it was family friendly, it was unfunny and I didn't think Rosie was a very good host.

You know I really am getting tired of being bashed for my beliefs...not only are you intolerant, but insulting as well...

I can see why you felt bashed, people do take things personally on a fan board. Why, some here ALWAYS assume every post with a differing opinion is meant just for them! :-O

Anyway, why worry about the opinion of someone who hadn't, ya know, even watched the show?

Totally irrelevant opinion! I skip 'em or just disregard them, it's easy!

As a liberal non-homophobic Democrat, I had to agree with a lot that guy said. The jokes and politics talk were jarring, to me. I was hoping for more of a Carol Burnett type of thing.

You know, what you said doesn't even make sense. I wasn't the one feeling attacked. I didn't think Kim's post was meant for me. SHE apparently thought MY post was meant as an attack on HER. SHE was the one mistaken. WHAT I SAID WAS NOT ABOUT KIM. IT WAS ABOUT THE REVIEW AND UNLESS SHE WROTE THE F**KING REVIEW IT WASN'T ABOUT HER AND SHE HAD NO RIGHT TO FEEL PERSONALLY BASHED.

Unlike you, djs, who constantly with your not-so-subtle passive aggressiveness NEVER fails to take an opportunity to take a swipe at me and you have been doing that practically since the first day on this board and I am getting VERY tired of it.

Grow up.

To everyone else, HAPPY TOFURKEY DAY!

Since I said I agreed with that review 100%; than yeah, I would assume whatever you thought about the reviewer you would also think about me, so yes, I was offended.

But you know what, it is Thanksgiving...the turkey is smelling yummy and I need to start on my side dishes.

Have a good one!

Kim

Thanks, spikesmom & Lotus, for the explanation. Wonder why he thought he'd be inside?

Enjoy your dinner, everyone! I think I'll just go home and sleep....all this turducken is making me v.v. tired all of a sudden. Leftovers tonight, kids!

Grow up.

Actually, that is quite childish - but whatevah!

Heeeee......I wasn't going for not-so-subtle stuff - one would have to assume they are the focal point of the board or something to feel that way :-)

Anyways, I always react the same way to harshness and unpleasantness, no matter who it is.

Boards are like that.

Get used to it.

Things to be thankful for:

The election is over.

Clay is out.

Parker is wonderful.

We're still here.

HAPPY TURKEYDAY

Here is a review that liked the Rosie show. Said it will be a hit. Just in case anyone is interested.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,458348,00.html

I agreed with this part of the article:

"

The break out star of the night was Ne-Yo, the hot hot hot R&B singer who’s written and produced hits for countless artists from Jennifer Hudson ("Spotlight") to Beyonce ("Irreplaceable"). His performance was totally live and unadorned, unusual these days. It was also so real and honest that he probably got a big boost for his album, called "In My Own Words." A star isn’t born, maybe, but found!"

I gotta go watch Clay again at the Parade. It just left me smiling. :)

ENJOY YOUR MEALS and and I hope you are all eating and sharing with loved ones today.

hugs

Ok, I finally got to download and watch the parade clack. Awwwwwww, I just melt when he gets that look on his face as he starts to talk about how Parker has changed his outlook on life. :wub: What a great appearance that was! And I thought he looked great, too. ;)