#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

I've been wanting to bring these over all morning. They are last weekend recaps posted at CB via CH.

I did see Spamalot this weekend. I'm a bit wiped out these days so am just now getting to recapping. From Friday...

Very live audience tonight. Cheers to Clay's entrances so there were a good number of fans but mostly a general audience and they had a great time.

When the cart of 'dead men' came onstage Clay walked over and tapped some of the 'bodies' with his triangle wand. Being industrious. Must be certain they're 'yet dead'. Oh no they're not...Once again imitated Lancelot (Rick Holmes) side to side leg swinging dance of the Scots.

Clay did a low down, knee bend, wide open leg shimmy right at those dancing girls who jumped out of the prams. Come hither....Then he gave a huge, high agressive, kick in imitation of them. That leg was serous I tell ya. And the tabard/tights view quite wonderful. I so love landscape. Cocktail waitress gave Clay a sweet kiss on the cheek. Clay made contact with Lady Of The Lake in her armor as she started in on her tease. She gave him a swat in the gut, then threw her armor at him, the tease. Clay caught her armor and then put it on his own arm and gazed at it and admired his armored self. Oh Brave Sir Robin. Score. Dice lady did a bit of a seven veils move with her scarf moving around the back of Clay's neck and then standing with her legs wide apart she squatted and shimmied down Clay's front.

When Clay holds hands and dances with the 'mace/jello' girls right before Feet Of G-d - she jumped on his back and put her arms around his shoulders and wrapped her legs around his hips with her legs lifted and hanging straight out. He spun her around with her riding on his shoulders and back. Ride -em cowgirl...and oh she did. Clay is making women's heads (among other things) spin again

The Feet Of G-d had Clay standing on his knees with his chest puffed out as far as possible and his arms high in the air in a look of emotional triumph...Oh the Quail!!! What glory! The audience cracked up Got a big laugh. Slo Mo Horse riding...a tease of a tongue and then shuddering, low down deep knee motion...shaking up and down kind of horselike..a horse crying in pain but still a horse...horse like fits...

During YSYOB as the Star Of David women were tap dancing of stage, one of the Star ladies leaned forward and waved to Clay and mouthed 'I Love You' with a besotted look on her face. Sweet. Big applause at almost every phrase and they screamed and cheered at the end.

French Castle and Rick was baaaad tonight. Let's just say there were some moves involving the French Taunters turning there 'a** at the Knights and the front of Rick's Taunter Helmet that I can't describe here. Can Can Lady brushed her skirt all over Clay and then pulled his arm like mad trying to keep him there but no luck...guess she needed Dice Lady's help and Dice Lady wasn't cooperatin'. Knights of Ni trying to keep us on our toes. He announced that 'we were no longer the Knights Who Say Ni' and started his 'Acky, Acky....' then Yes I Can, then on with Olay Bicuit Barrell'. Then said something like 'Kind of Inspiring isn't it?. So the ad-lib was in the middle of a place that usually has no 'libbing'. Then he added 'I found a pig, let's put some lipstick on him' as he walked off stage.

For the soiling, we got a knee bend and centered rear grab and even side to side little jump off stage. Methinks the load must have been perfectly balanced tonight. No adjustments needed. Well that soiling is perfection. A shrill whistle of fear scream for the second soiling and little jumps backward. We got some tabard flapping ala the unusually flatulent Bevedere. Once again not much load adjustment. Soiling...he's got it. He's just got it. Or maybe he didn't get enough of it and hence the tabard swinging. Whatever gets us a view of the mail...metal tights work for me.

Guards...Clay swaying back and forth with 'Yes I can' confidence of a 'No I Can't' Guard. Little toe jumps up and down shaking with Father (Bradley Dean) so frustrated. Guard 2 (David Hibbard) was shaking and swaying in sync with him. Nice to see David joining in a bit. Sympatico Guards, sweet and funny. He slid his hands over strands of ribbon, holding them out in front of him. Then a full on braiding of the ribbons. It's Baaa-aaack!!!!

Peasant was a pretty young woman who seemed completely surprised. It looked like a guy and another couple with her who were cracking up and enjoying it. King commented on what a lovely name she had. She had an Asian name and It sounded like the word 'song' was in it. It appeared like Clay didn't even try to handshake. I think they were all a bit carried away, enjoying such a surprised and having a ball on stage peasant. Very lovely. Clay waved at her sweetly as she left the stage. Awwwwww

Finale Dance....Disco, Disco, Disco. It wasn't Saturday but it was Saturday Night Fever. Chest puffed up, hand on hip, other hand in the air with fingers pointing, up in the air, and down to the floor, up in the air and down to the floor. Clay heated up the stage without Saturday Night to help him. Patsy (David Hibbard) and Bedevere (Wally Dunn) danced around him in, in a tribute to disco glory. The King stopped to make a speech for Broadway Cares and he emphasized how the money raised from the Flea Market Auction to see Clay was the most raised by any theater. Clay did the thumb to index finger rub...money, money, money.....Then the King asked us as we 'lurch into a recession' to join him in a stirring rendition of Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life.

Saturday...

This was a very NJU audience with no reactions for the Tower or the Idol Of My Age. But they reacted wonderfully to the show. Clay got great applause purely from his performance. No Tom...waaaah....understudy doesn't quite fill those pink slippers. Lady Of The Lake does have a beautiful and powerful voice and she's stunningly beautiful but she is purely a dramatic actress. She added some shtick to the Camelot scene (I'm guessing she got some direction) but she just doesn't get the funny. The smiles and laughs don't include the eyes. Jenny Hill got spontaneous laughs from just the look on her face like Clay and Tom Deckman and even spontaneous applause. I hope Jenny Hill gets a break in a leading roles as she's a fantasic comedic actress. Alot less laughs with this LOTL. Dramatic, operatic roles will suit her more I think.

The King is very funny with his dancing but the rest needs something. He doesn't interact so much with the others and this is very much an ensemble. And his focus on shtick means the show lacks a staight man to set off the others as silly and funny. I think it needs that. Plus I miss the warmth that Jonathan Hadary and Stephen Collins brought. Stephen Collins livened things up with some shtick but was toned down enough to play the very needed sane man in the sea of crazy.

The Idol Of My Age line didn't get notice from the NJUs but Clay's yodeling and ultra high, ear piecing finish note got spontaneous applause. Genuine reaction there.

After the huge laugh when he stood on his knees with his chest puffed out and arms high in the air triumphant, Clay once again attempted the chest expanding up with arms out high but lost his balance a bit and almost fell over. He then kept his hand on the floor. He still got a laugh.

The Grail ladies were good girls tonight. It looked like something might have been dropped on the floor as it looked like reached down to get something. Maybe that interfered in grail flirtation sequence. They got him later though...Clay leaned back, swaying with the lantern in hand, one finger doing the 'V' and pointing and then doing a double pump as he reached each side, looking up in such intensity and devotion...he then did a wide open leg, knee bend moving sharply as he reached each side. Kind of an Oom Pa Pa, funky grail dance...Hey whatever works for ya....Oom Pa Pa bands are cool in their own Swiss Mountain kind of way....Maybe that grail mountain inspired Clay..It's better than Mongolian Polkas.

Slo Mo Horse Riding...the tongue is back, thank you. Tongue stuck out and cheeks puffing and thighs getting low and rear stretching back and crunching forward.

When the Camelot ladies first appeared in their sparkly white outfits, Clay went a grabbing...fingers exploring the rear view, reaching out to touch, hand cupped and grabbing mounds...methinks he made some contact...Another big, big high kick at the 'mace/jello' ladies. (Two words I'd never thought I'd be putting together. Clay caught Lady Of The Lake's armor again and gallantly handed it over to the Knight behind him. Cocktail waitress did a pocket touch and slid her hand down. Dice lady did a bump and grind and slithered down Clay's leg again, this time her rear to him.

Can Can Lady just covered Clay in her skirt, head to toe almost. Maybe she figured the leverage would hold him better than her arms. Keep tryin...

The first soiling was a classic scream, center rear grab and run of the stage. Second soiling we got true squish mode, bending with legs apart and then tightening them together, swirling those hips around slowly, up and down and to the side...bending low and stretching up high and large tabard swatting ....the soil was rich tonight...a most expansive landscape..an airing of the load..and full view of the rear...thank Bevedere for me will you?

YWSOB brought the house down. That's happened so many times I wonder the city isn't giving them citations for vandalism. But somehow they manage to pull the pieces of the Shubert back together every night. Nice full tunic flip but no waistband and above in sight. Well we got tabbard flapping so all is well.

Those guards were wobbling something awful tonight..;.in a good way. Clay back swayed so far back and then up again....Clay weebles wobble but he don't fall down. His seriousness as he looked about to fall over got the audience a 'crackin up. His face was priceless (maybe there was a price as in $100 but worth it). We got ribbon playing...as Clay twice put the ribbons up to his nose and smelled the sweetness cause ya know polyester is just amazing.

When Clay found his musical theater grail he did these side to side leaps with his legs kicing straight out to each side at hip level, alternating one leg to one side and then the other. It was wild.

Speaking of wild - the Amen tonight was through the roof. Clay started out with his usual Gospel Aah-a-ah-ah-ay-men....and then sang all the way up and held the note and scaled back down and just growled Amen with all his might, crunching his abs, flailing about...channeling Mahalia Jackson and every gospel choir from here to Atlanta, lions and tigers roaring and then back to a typical amen fnish. The Knights looked at each other for a moment like 'Woah, what was that?' and then imitated it perfectly.. Amen!!!! Man was on fi-yah!!!!

Finale dance had Clay gettin' frisky...get down with your bad self....Clay leaned back and pulse, pulse, pulse, then thrust, hip circling...whoa horsie...we're going on a ride...

The King once again asked for Broadway Cares donations and Clay did money finger rubbing and when the King asked for whatever little we could afford Clay lifted his arm up with hand, palms up showing 'BIG MONEY' and shaking his head no for little. Then the King said for $100 we could get a Polaroid of Clay mounted on an autograhed frame. Clay and the audience reacted with an eyebrow raise on that one and the King said something like 'for $100 all we were getting was a picture'. Wise guy....I did the picture thing as did a bunch of others. There was a huge line for the lower price pictures so it probably took a long time. Like this the lines were probably more managable.

It was a great show with a live audience and much fun was had by all.

Enjoy!!!

Hope it's not too late to share my experience of yesterday's Mantinee (Sat., Nov. 8) ...

My husband, mom (clayola8), dad and I flew to NY yesterday just to spend the day so we could see our babydoll. We had an AMAZING time!!!

If it's okay, I'd like to post on here a special THANK YOU to my mom, clayola8! She is the sweetest, most amazing mom - and best friend!

Thanks to her, I have been to see Clay perform in 13 concerts, and in Spamalot now 2 times. Yesterday she even paid so I could have my picture taken with Clay!!! I would not have been able to do any of this without her, and it has been appreciated more than words can say. Every time we have our "Clay trips" together they are always sooo special. I love our extra time together, and seeing Clay together is just the best! Love you Mom!

Before the show we had a great time talking with fans in the entrance of the theatre. It never ceases to amaze me the way you can not know someone, but once you find out they are Clay fans, you can talk and talk to each other like you've known each other forever. It's great

This was our 2nd time seeing Spamalot, but the 1st time for my husband. The 1st time we enjoyed it and had a great time, but we were way up in the top balcony area. BUT, this time we were in row H ! What a difference!!!! It was so exciting being sooo close and being able to see cutiepie so clearly! And, needless to say, he was FABULOUS! I was alittle disappointed he didn't do the Amen because I was dying to hear it, but I can't complain. Boy he looks so at home up there on the stage performing. I think my husband was really blown away at how well he could act as well as sing. (He doesn't get Clay the same way we do, but I think he was definitely very impressed). He laughed so hard he even cried at times. Clay did not show any signs of problems during this performance. His voice was perfection as usual. And his dancing is amazing. (I wish he would be on Dancing with the Stars. He definitely could handle it!) It's fun to watch moments when the cast are laughing together - seeing Clay's big smile and twinkling eyes. There is no doubt he is enjoying himself. I also loved it when he had his cute ears sticking out of his hat when he was one of the guards. He is so funny in that scene anyway, but the ears just added to it.

All the actors/actresses are soo good. I like the new Lady of the Lake. It was fun - at the end of the show after their wedding, she threw her bouquet into the audience. I was the lucky one who caught it (with alittle help from my husband)! I liked the way they had the whole audience join in for a last round of Always Look On The Bright Side... I just loved it all!

Then my time was completely topped off when my mom said she would pay so I could have my picture taken with Clay! I wanted to post it here, but I could not figure out how to do it. I was so nervous waiting in line to have my picture taken. They give you such a quick time before whisking you away. I could tell I would be lucky to be able to say one quick thing so I nervously tried to figure out what to say. When it was finally my turn Clay's gorgeous green eyes were so much for me to bare that my teeth started to chatter I was so nervous (they chattered for about 15 minutes after). I did manage to say "Congratulations on your baby!" and gave a half hug (I wasn't sure if it was ok to touch him). Oh, and then I was mad. About two or three people after me, Gerome made Clay leave the stage for a minute while he told everyone exactly what he thought! Someone(s) actually had the ghaul to grab our honey's behind!!! OMG! Here I was worried about hugging him!

Anyway, it was a perfect experience (even though it rained). I was definitely seeing "The Bright Side of Life" !

Thank you for letting me share.

Sunday matinee:

I have GrandmaJoan on the phone........She said it was a fantastic crowd today....lots of whootin' and hollerin' from the NJU's at the end!!!! She got her pic taken with Clay and her daughter and granddaughter as well. Joan said when he spoke to them, his voice was raspy, but Clay said to her "Don't worry, I'm not contagious". Seems he is still having a bit of a throat issue. Joan said he stayed away from the high notes today and hit them an octave lower. Only fans would notice it.

He stayed away from singing the "Amen" today most likely because of his scratchy throat. No piggy-back ride for the lovely lady today!!! She keeps telling me how GREAT the audience was today.....so enthusiastic and FUN.....she did not see many fans, either.

She loves the Lady of the Lake.....said she is really stepping it up....and she finds the King to be so handsome and funny and loves his smile!!! All the cast members were on fire today!!! She said the Lady of the Lake held the bucket at the back of the theatre today, in her full costume......WOW, I'd love to see her up close!!!

More from Sue:

Just a little more from Joan......she said the Broadway Cares Donations will go for 1 month, so since they started on Nov 7th, I imagine it will continue till Dec 7th. The pics were $100 today. She said her granddaughter got to give Jerome the gift bag she made, it was toys for Raleigh and Durham!!!!!

Clay sang the heck out of "You Won't Succeed on Broadway" and only his Fans would notice that he took it down an octave. What a pro!!!! She is still in the Aiken Fog she said......when she was talking with him on the stage, she told him that she was one of his Pink Jacket Ladies and he said Oh, WOW...that's great....then he pulled her so close to him.....she couldn't even think straight after that!!!! It's a wonder I have all of this to report!!!!

All in all, another great performance by our guy and another wonderful day for the fans and the NJU's. Weather in New York is gorgeous and the friendship over at Junior's is as it always is.....THE BEST !!!!!!! Just like the CHEESECAKE !!!!!!

And more:

One more thing...Joan said the King is doing the talking when explaining Broadway Cares. He is telling the audience that Spamalot will be ending in January and he said they will be having more to offer in the days to come. They just started on the 7th, but they have plans for more items to buy. I hope the regular theatre-goers want to get a piece of Broadway History during this charity event. I can't wait to see what items they come up with in the weeks ahead!!!

Recap Sun. Matinee 11/09

The show was great today. We bought discounted seats at the box office. Our seats were in row R orchestra right aisle. They were not bad at all. The audience was enthuiastic and really into the show. Many tourists,non clay fans and young kids. I noticed Clay's voice sounding a tad hoarse at the beginning of the show. At the show progressed Clay was holding back the high notes while singing. Even his speaking voice sounded strained. My husband noticed it too, after I asked him if he thought Clay sounded hoarse.Clay did not sing the Amen, nor did he do the piggyback thing. His expressions were dead on and his dancing was amazing. He was the ulimate professionl during his singing parts and he did his best inspite of his voice problem. I felt bad because I could tell he was struggling. I will bet most of the crowd did not notice it at all. I think Clay got the loudest applause at the curtain call. There was a standing ovation at the end for the whole cast. The people around us really enjoyed the show. One man said "it was a great performance".

King Arthur announced that the auction started after the show and you can take pictures with Clay for $100. This time I went up to the stage to take the picture. I was very nervous, but I did it. Clay asked me my name,said nice to meet you and then thanked me for making the donation. His voice was so hoarse. Seems like it is laryngitis this time. I felt bad that he spoke to me because it would be best if he rested his voice. Anyway it went so fast and I was shaking went it went to pay with my credit card. You should see my crazy signature. I am so excited that I had my picture taken with Clay. He is like a foot taller than me. I look like a peanut next to him. The picture came out really good.

I understand why he did not perform tonight. I would have bet money that he would not perform at the next show. I even told a girl outside of the theatre that I had a feeling he would not do the next show. I told her to go another time if she wants to see Clay. Sorry to those that could not see him tonight. I hope he gets better soon!

Sunday evening's Clayless Spam:

Well, I was at the show tonight - long story of ridiculous parking charges and a few hundred dollars kind of spent unwell - but...

I think Rick, Tom, Merle and the king stepped it up a bit tonight, or they are just getting better. No Clay - well, yeah, The guy who replaced him used ione accent forthe whole night, but I have to cedit him as not forggetting lines and sometimes acting really well for stepping in at the last minute, but you could see he was a very good dancer.

I have to tell you about the nights of ni because I thought I would seriously hurt myslef laughing - Rick out did himself tonight. Forst he kind of changed up the keeper of the ni pang and the ni whoa to Ni pang and ni whoo-oo-oo-OO-oo - and the little knightlet imitated it perfectly, it was so cool. A while ago, I posted a review of Rick singing the'morning train and going on and on and - well he did it again only moreso - for the biggest laugh of the night - he must have made up a hundred lines, he kept gpoing so longhg that the audience started to clap along to the song and still he went on. All kinds of made up lines likethe police coming to his door and he said his husband was at work and the police told him he had been fired 4 weeks ago - at one point he stopped, pointed up to the balcony and asked the that light be left on for a while longer - and then he resumed singing even more - must have gone on 15 minutes or so - you usually see people trying not to crack up, but he was determined that everyone on stage laugh along and the best part was seeing the knightlests dancing allong and their different shimmy moves and bouncing along - those costumes still let them moveand be expressive! Actually the audience clapping started because one ofthe knightlets was clapping along for a short bit and the audience picked it up. Everyne on stage and off was laughing so hard, the guy across the aisle from me was shoutiong and cheering he was so into it -(he was a last minute replacement - so don't tell me Clay fans are loud! - he was dressed in business attire, I think he might have worked in the theater as he was the last to slip into an empty seat and he did seem to expect some stuff and pre-cheered, kind of.

The audience was packed full - there were tour busses outside, so we know that was one big crowd. I was surprised, but the seats of the people who left were filled before the show started. The laughs came in different places, but that is what happens sometimes.

The oddest thing was no sale of stuff, not broadway cares at the end of the show, they just ended the show! That was a shame, I thinkt he bus people might have bought something, except they probably had to get back on the busses.

*kisses ground*

Nice to be back!!!

---

I'm off today. Tomorrow I take off for the Hinterlands to help my parent's move out of the house they've been living in for 48 years.

Oy. :wacko:

jamar... good luck! The things you will find... the memories that will be stirred... the emotions that will come up. A hard job! Be sure to have access to clack when you need a break.

It was scary not being able to get in this morning! I wondered what was wrong with my computer at first, but when Corabeth at CH asked if anyone had the number of Invision, I figured it was an Invision problem. Whew! I would have the shakes if I lost FCA! :Imok:

cindilu... what were your highlights? Did the walking outdo the eating out??? :cryingwlaughter:

Cotton... S.W.O.O.N!!!

Got called off work this am and the first thing I did was try to come on here. I kept saying it must be my computer, then I too read at Ch that Corabeth was looking for a number. Made me feel better, than I saw the message on the front page. Withdrawal systems are not nice. I went about noon and took a nap, it is so gloomy and cold here. Originally they said sunny and 46. Have not seen the sun and the temp is in the 30's. Laundry and cleanning is boring.

Hee... I was in a training class all morning, but did try to log in once during some down-time. Got an error message and figured it was the training lab computer's way of telling me I shouldn't be surfing the web... :naughtywag::lol:

I just found this over at CV and it is well worth watching.

This is worth watching. What got me the most was when he asked "What is it to you?" because really, how does allowing someone get married affect any of us in any way. However, I think the ones who actually need to watch this are probably watching Fox news and trying to figure out how to overthrow the government. Narrow-minded people seldom want to be educated because it's so much easier for them to continue on in their rigidly held beliefs. Thankfully things seem to be getting better in some ways in each generation. I read where Obama had won some states because of the young voters so that gives me hope that this generation is more open-minded than some of their parents and grandparents.

I actually read Daily Kos (very liberal blog) on a daily basis and am a huge fan of Keith Olbermann, so I knew about his statement and had considered bringing it over here. You might be surprised to know that there are “evangelical” people who are progressive/liberal/out of touch with current conservatism. One of these people blogged today about how watching Keith Olbermann’s take on Prop 8 actually changed her mind. While she was totally against gay marriage and would have voted yes on Prop 8, she is still a KO watcher, Daily Kos reader and Obama voter. She says that KO helped her. So, while much of the time guys like KO may be talking to the like-minded, you never know when your words may have a real impact. That’s why it’s important, IMO, to say them. Even though the guy on the next bar stool might start yelling at you (this would be MY personal experience <g>).

Liney23, I’ll fight you over Keith. <g>

*kisses ground*

Nice to be back!!!

---

I'm off today. Tomorrow I take off for the Hinterlands to help my parent's move out of the house they've been living in for 48 years.

Oy. :wacko:

OMG. Good luck with that. Yikes!! :hangin:

We're baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

:fca:

:Imok:

Hooray!! I didn't know how to start my day this morning without FCA. :friends:

OK, I'm slow... Something happened to the board? :o

You no slow. You miss something happen. Me 'splain. Board no worky. Board wonky. Board no loggy-inny. Board no can posty. Board denizens no happy. Happy now. Board worky. Yay for board.

heh

Also, me like Clay's butt.

HeidiHo, that's good to hear. It's also why I am very proud of Clay for finally coming out. I never think it's ok to force someone out and hated that people obsess so much about people's sexuality (although I do obsess about Clay's, but that's only for entertainment purposes). However, the more people like Clay, and Neil Patrick Harris and T.R. Knight come out, the more people will see that being gay isn't abnormal, just different. It makes it harder, although far from impossible after reading some peoples comments, for people to hate or discriminate if they start seeing someone as a person. After Clay came out, I did see some people on the boards who had issues in the beginning, but who are now actually starting to see things differently.

So I do agree with you about it being important to say things, although I can't get on the KO train. He seems a little too pompous for me. But I may check out the Daily Kos. I've been doing most of my election reading from the Huffington Post but like to see what else is out there.

You know the other night Clay sang the parts of some Spamalot songs in a lower register and there was a discussion on the OFC about whether or not people like him singing lower. The consensus was they liked it.

Well I decided today that I like Clay's lower parts too.

Oh 00lsee should I say....me likey?

You no slow. You miss something happen. Me 'splain. Board no worky. Board wonky. Board no loggy-inny. Board no can posty. Board denizens no happy. Happy now. Board worky. Yay for board.

heh

Also, me like Clay's butt.

Watcha been drinking, 00lsee??!!

:cryingwlaughter:

So if I'm understanding correctly, there's someone on the FCA board that is organizing a bulk (heh) order of those wreaths so that the FCA Beta Alpha chapter will get 'credit'? If so, I want it....

A wreath, I'm talking about, of course. That's what I want.

what.

A wreath, you perverts. :rolleyes:

So if I'm understanding correctly, there's someone on the FCA board that is organizing a bulk (heh) order of those wreaths so that the FCA Beta Alpha chapter will get 'credit'? If so, I want it....

A wreath, I'm talking about, of course. That's what I want.

what.

A wreath, you perverts. :rolleyes:

Unless you want to pick yours up in NC, you may have to start your own group of eight. The first eight is easy, I'm having trouble with the second eight. I hate to ring doorbells. I have to do it with Ronald McDonald House too. Maybe people would like luminaries with their wreaths? :lilredani:

I think Keith O. was one of the ones that mocked Clay and he didn't even know him. I quess I feel he's being somewhat inconsistent and feels this might be more politically correct at this time. I thought the part about not voting was irresponsible.

I hadn't heard about him mocking him but if he did then he is just being hypocritical. I agree about the not voting and thought it was a totally stupid argument he gave for not voting. Although I agreed with him about politics, how can you say that you aren't voting so you can be objective and then pretty much be a pander to one party, even if it is the one I was siding with.