#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

*crosses fingers and toes for the ET appearance* I think if ET is promoting it, it will probably happen this time. *also prays that no one famous has a baby or dies over the weekend*

You know...Clay's hair yesterday was funky. But...I can't believe this guy went out looking like this. And supposedly, he's HAWT. *shrug*

400_rpattinson_081110_sshugerman_8329220

I think Clay looked pretty darn good compared to this....

BWAH!!! Wonder what that guy's fans think of his look?

Been lurking the last couple of days but have to say I enjoyed both of Clay's appearances this week. I could care less about the hair, clothes, makeup. Just glad to see him on my tv. Got a little scare when I tried to get CBS parade. Our local channel carried the Detroit parade and not NY. I then remembered with our digital converter I get some really off stations and I did find it. He interviews so well, he just makes me smile.

Still feell like I ate to much yesterday. I do not know if I mentioned it, but my DIL who lost the baby in February had an ultrasound last week and everything looks good. She is having another boy. I just praying all goes well this time.

Those pictures from the afterparty that I saw are really good. I like the one with the partial costume on and the wig. His shoulders are huge.

Maybe we will get ET afterall.

From Rosie's blog:

Someone asked Rosie about whether there will be news about more episodes of her show.

Rosie's answer was

there will b no more

no ratings

bad reviews

yet still - a thrill 4 me

ldyj, that is exactly what I was talking about. Some celebrities go out looking like they just came out of the coffin so I'll take Clay's look (whatever it happens to be for the week) over any of those others. And at least he always looks clean, which cannot be said for some. Now if he ever starts looking like he stopped bathing, then I'll have issues.

The twilight guy has some good features but he doesn't do anything for me either. Can't understand why everyone doesn't have as good a taste in men as we do.

As far as the ET interview, maybe they saw all the press Clay's been getting lately and didn't want to miss out. Here's hoping but I'll probably wait for the download. Thank goodness for the clack gatherers.

And gbmifan, hope everything goes well for your DIL.

Aikim, I just saw that over at the CH. I can understand why it wasn't picked up because I didn't think it was done well, but I really hope someone can bring back the variety show because I loved Carol Burnett and the Smothers Brothers and Sonny and Cher when I was growing up. Can't say that the thought of a John Mayer or Osbournes variety show appeals to me though.

I hope that Clay will do photos with fans at the SD or there will be some very disappointed fans.

I don't remember seeing this here before.

A friend just sent me this link. The Radio

Just put any song or artist in the search box and you get to hear the song.

Of course, I started with OMWH then went on to Dire Straights and am now am hearing Hank Williams because he followed Elvis' Heartbreak Hotel.

Another Carol Burnett, Sonny and Cher, etc. fan here...I would love to see the variety show make a comeback...but I honestly don't think Rosie was the right person; she is a very polarizing personality and I think she is much more suited to a show like The View!

I know a cute singer man who would be perfect for the genre!

Kim

ldyj, that is exactly what I was talking about. Some celebrities go out looking like they just came out of the coffin

BWAH!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I'm sorry Rosie's show wasn't given another chance because I was hoping to see Clay on it again, for longer, being funny and singing.

Back and very tired after rushing last night and this morning to get the signs and pictures done (damn, that Scarlett is a perfectionist, You don't want to know how many software packages and fonts that were used). Unfortunately no BC ...... but Scarlett is determined to take those signs to every stage door to get Clay to pose with them, and if she doesn't get it, I will take them in next week. Those who ordered bracelets are in luck I committed to so many people I went after them like a dog, heh. So those who had the forsight to order the bracelets, autographed playbills and posters and CDs - I got the who shebang. I think I got the signed posters and playbills only because I told them about the people ordering from overseas, wanting to support the show, but not being able to attend.They only charged me $2 for the bracelets. Let me know if you only want to pay the $2, because I expect to be donate the $3 for each to to Spamalot tomorrow.

Scarlett is seeing if she can get some more bracelets, if anyone else wants one.

Re the way Clay looked on here... http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3op3JtdisnU

If my wishes were granted (yeah right!), I would want Clay (when he is not in character) to always have his natural hair colour and his rimless glasses; the hair just blow-dried without any product added to it. For me, his natural look is the best, so why put all that chemical in his hair to make it NOT look like him, and worse still, to make him look less attractive (that's my opinion, of course)

I do also like his hair as medium brown; I don't like it TOO dark (or too light) because it just looks artificial against his fair skin.

OK, having said all that, I love him no matter what ... but since I like looking at his pics, I would prefer to see his naturally gorgeous self.

Having just come back from my second viewing of Twilight, I have to say I think that "dude" is kinda hawt, yeah. And that Clay Aiken fella is all kinds of hawt, too. I really don't stress about makeup or hair at all. In fact, I often wonder wtf people are seeing becoss I have to go back and look again. He usually just looks great to me. :huh:

Thanks to all for bringing over the Spam reports. Less than two weeks until I'll be writing one!

*yawns and trots on in* Oh, goody, are we still discussing Clay's hair/makeup/general Thanksgiving Day Parade appearance? :lol: I liked the color, not so much the style. Wish he'd kept the GMA coming-out style--and those sexy glasses! Whoo!

OK, I'm done. I've got more WAYC to listen to.

Also, homework. :whistling-1:

Made it through Week 1 relatively unscathed. Funny, I thought the worst part would be not being able to check the boards all day long. I was wrong. :imgtongue:

Scarlett and play, thank you SO much for all your efforts for us. If we get to the end and still can't get the BC/EFA pic done, I will still send the $$ through the website - but this would just be so awesome.

so many pictures of some guy that's not clay LOL

I don't notice hair unless it's butt ugly... and it's only been that way on a few occassions for me.

I liked the appearances but I'm yearning to hear Clay sing. I guess it hasn't been that long but it sure feels like it.

2 more days off. I like it.

This is several years old, and I wish someone would make an updated version, but since couchie insisted for Clay pictures, I thought this would fit the conversation for today....

faveclayelanaiam.jpg

ETA: Spamalot report from CV:

Toni7babe called--Scarlett advising on the side. FRIDAY evening performance--INTERMISSION.

I told her hi from everybody and how much we appreciate her calling. They say hi back to everybody.

Toni and Scarlett are in the front row dead center. I think the only other person she mentioned who was there, not mentioned before, was stilltheone. She hasn’t seen angelty but thinks she’s probably there too.

From scribbled notes...(comparisons are made between opening night second round and now)

First of all...of course he’s F&%king gorgeous!!!

Tremendous crowd. Orchestra full, Mez full, Balcony as far as she can see (8 rows) is full and more behind them. Had a nice chat with Sean. When the conductor came out, he turned around and greeted them with a, “Good evening Ladies.” Cute.

Good reaction from entire audience. A few more fans tonight but mostly NJU.

Tower scene—lots of new faces, acts totally bored with the king. Didn’t play with strap.

Not Dead Yet—more animated, Lancelot too. Clay—all his kicks this round seem to be higher. When he kicks sideways, his leg is parallel to the ground, even with his waist. Verra nice!

Camelot—very flirty. Looked up girls skirts, enjoyed himself, shimmied a lot. Girl serving drinks patted him on the butt. Danced on dice again.

God scene--crouched on floor with elbows touching the floor and hands above in prayer. When they crashed the cymbals, Clay scooted along the floor toward orchestra, on his knees, gave him a look of disdain and stuck his tongue out at the conductor.

Find Your Grail—very flirty with torch girl. More movement, crouched down very low in the dance. Verra nice.

Toni really likes the new king in the first half—hysterical, more Pythonesque. Prefers Jonathan in the second half in big number with Patsy—more connection.

French Taunter scene—pretty risqué. Very.

Rick—Knights of Ni, smelly poopy baby bottoms.

Run Away—cute screams. French girl—skirt covering his whole head, messing up his hair. Acted really scared.

Slow Motion Horse—very low to ground, toni got quite an eyeful.

Find Your Grail—great dancing. Yodeling superb—milking that more, couldn’t figure out why knights were pulling him back. Great faces. Wonderful Spam—couldn’t figure out why Rick was trying to stop him. Very animated.

Sitting near them, a guy who was a Python fan was loving it. Three NJU ladies, Python fans, were sitting behind them. Thought it was fabulous. Didn’t realize Clay could be so funny. Loved it.

More later, maybe.

*crosses fingers and toes for the ET appearance* I think if ET is promoting it, it will probably happen this time. *also prays that no one famous has a baby or dies over the weekend*

You know...Clay's hair yesterday was funky. But...I can't believe this guy went out looking like this. And supposedly, he's HAWT. *shrug*

400_rpattinson_081110_sshugerman_8329220

I think Clay looked pretty darn good compared to this....

BWAH!!! Wonder what that guy's fans think of his look?

Hee...I'm pretty sure they think it sucks. Sucks! Hee-hee-hee! Wait. You don't get it? See, he's a vampire and he...

Never mind.

Back and very tired after rushing last night and this morning to get the signs and pictures done (damn, that Scarlett is a perfectionist, You don't want to know how many software packages and fonts that were used). Unfortunately no BC ...... but Scarlett is determined to take those signs to every stage door to get Clay to pose with them, and if she doesn't get it, I will take them in next week. Those who ordered bracelets are in luck I committed to so many people I went after them like a dog, heh. So those who had the forsight to order the bracelets, autographed playbills and posters and CDs - I got the who shebang. I think I got the signed posters and playbills only because I told them about the people ordering from overseas, wanting to support the show, but not being able to attend.They only charged me $2 for the bracelets. Let me know if you only want to pay the $2, because I expect to be donate the $3 for each to to Spamalot tomorrow.

Scarlett is seeing if she can get some more bracelets, if anyone else wants one.

Thanks so much for trying so hard for us! Really appreciate it!

We put up the lighted houses on play's mantel tonight (ok, play put them up and i stood in the way and ooh'ed and ah'ed). They're very pretty.

"We" put them next to the ornament holder filled with Clay JNT balls from various cities.

There were a few typo's here and there in the recaps but I'm not going to correct them tonight because the essential parts are there -- a fun, fun show with lots of energy.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and the crossed fingers on the signs from FromClaygary, CM, Cindilu2 and ldyj. We need them! We'll going to do our best but right now it looks like a long shot. Clay didn't do the Stage Door tonight. But I'm plenty happy from the show itself; SD is always just icing on a cake and the cake tonight was soooo rich icing would have been redundant.

Sunny 99.1 plays Clay? Who knew! When they interviewed him for OMWH they played a song from MOAM.

Contentedly :offtobed:

Non-Clay ETA: I didn't find anything wrong with the "Twilight" guy's hair. He's a vampire. Nice to find another pair to add to the list of centuries apart (well approx) relationships:

Edward Cullen and Bella Swan

Tommy Albright and Fiona MacLaren

Jean-Luc Picard and Anij (trivia: Anij is played by Donna Murphy, B'way star of Passion "Loving You")

Richard Collier and Elise McKenna

Does anyone else think it's strange that Clay would let Parker's illness be the focus of ET's coverage? Unless ET is just picking out the most invasive piece for rating values. Of course ET would never do that! Too much journalistic integrity. :snerk:

Maybe Clay is using Parker to raise awareness. That's the only way I could see Clay purposely letting his condition & surgery be the real point of the interview. Whatever it is, I get to see Clay as Clay for the third time in a week on my TV! A surfeit of pleasures.

One singular sensation
Every little step he takes.
One thrilling combination
Every move that he makes.
One smile and suddenly nobody else will do;
You know you'll never be lonely with you know who.
One moment in his presence
And you can forget the rest.
For the guy is second best
To none,
Son.
Ooooh! Sigh! Give him your attention.
Do...I...really have to mention?
He's the One?

SpamHat.gif

gif by SueRue.

Does anyone else think it's strange that Clay would let Parker's illness be the focus of ET's coverage? Unless ET is just picking out the most invasive piece for rating values. Of course ET would never do that! Too much journalistic integrity. :snerk:

Maybe Clay is using Parker to raise awareness. That's the only way I could see Clay purposely letting his condition & surgery be the real point of the interview. Whatever it is, I get to see Clay as Clay for the third time in a week on my TV! A surfeit of pleasures.

Since Parker's surgery is just one of the topics that came up in the GMA thing, I guess it was something they could ask him about. No doubt they asked him about a variety of things. What they choose to focus on is probably not something he has much control over.

Good Morning Everyone,

1 Day until Clay's Golden Birthday! :yahoo:

2 Days until Clay is on ET!

:yahoo:

36 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

58 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

So.... his Rosie appearance was too short/Broadway/gay... his parade appearance was too much makeup and ugly hair, and his upcoming ET piece isn't going to be right either. Using Parker? Allrighty then.

Seriously. This is the gist of what you get if you read around the boards (here included). Sure, there are a fews gahhhs and awwws thrown in, but the mood? Blah.

What ever happened to just enjoying him? I know - people post and talk about what they want to. That doesn't change the fact that it sucks. He's once again being picked apart more relentlessly than the Thanksgiving turkey. Blah.

So.... his Rosie appearance was too short/Broadway/gay... his parade appearance was too much makeup and ugly hair, and his upcoming ET piece isn't going to be right either. Using Parker? Allrighty then.

Seriously. This is the gist of what you get if you read around the boards (here included). Sure, there are a fews gahhhs and awwws thrown in, but the mood? Blah.

What ever happened to just enjoying him? I know - people post and talk about what they want to. That doesn't change the fact that it sucks. He's once again being picked apart more relentlessly than the Thanksgiving turkey. Blah.

Not by me, I think he's just beeeeoootiful, and talented and sexy! I loved him on the Rosie show, I thought he was wonderful and candid in the parade interview and I look forward to seeing him on ET, no matter what he talks about. There could be a bit of a drought after the Golfing for Inclusion Tournament in January, and I'm savouring every single glimpse of him until then....and ever after!

:lilredani: How's that??