#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

How about this topic, based on Clay's chat comment about annoying Jaymes by coming home singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"? Do you have a Spam-ism that's an earworm, or a line that you use to annoy / amuse your family and friends?

I can clearly hear King Arthur's exclamation of "Gosh!" (after YWSOB) in my head, and I find myself using it with the some tone all the time.

I have also been known to mutter Patsy's "What can they possibly do with a cow?" line on occasion. cow_1.gif

I used to have a lot of them in my head but it's been so long since I've seen it. But I have to admit that Last year I'd find myself humming Once in every show...that cracked me up. I think that whole song/part is pur genius.

I love that bit of personal info about Clay and Jaymes. Cracked me up.

How about this topic, based on Clay's chat comment about annoying Jaymes by coming home singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"? Do you have a Spam-ism that's an earworm, or a line that you use to annoy / amuse your family and friends?

I can clearly hear King Arthur's exclamation of "Gosh!" (after YWSOB) in my head, and I find myself using it with the some tone all the time.

I have also been known to mutter Patsy's "What can they possibly do with a cow?" line on occasion. cow_1.gif

I'm not sure if it counts since it's not exactly Spam, but I often walk around doing that thing where he says the YWSOB line and then lets the Gala audience fill in the "Jews" part and then goes, "*gasp* How offensive!" I find it hilarious. Of course, nobody around me knows what the hell I'm talking about, so I get a lot of funny looks...

Hee!! My Spamism *looks around for annabear, queen of Spamisms, in much the same manner as Lance and Herbert look for his father* "Oh, now there's an idea" spoken with Hannah's voice and inflection, but the one I find I actually say out loud is Robin's "I 'ad a feelin'..."

Oh, and I think 'You're not foolin' anybody you know' (spoken by Lance to Not Dead Fred) is the one I most often want to use on the boards. :cryingwlaughter:

Man, it's been a long day.

2006? For me, it was the year the Kennedy/Area 51 conspiracists merged with parts of the Clay Nation and went absolutely bastshit crazy. The Pod People ran around in force. The word "mandate" was banned from my vocabulary. People interpreted various glitterings of Clay's eyes to mean whatever hell crazy thing ran through their mind. And I still don't think 2006 was as bad for Clay (though there were issues) as the fandom made it out for themselves. "Drought" is also banned from my vocabulary.

Thanks for the great banner cindylu.

I think I mentioned Mr. Fear's birthday is tomorrow also. And I should be making a cake tonight. I wonder if he would mind if it said "Happy Birthday Mr. Fear and Clay". Probably not too much.:whistling-1:

I'm already tired of the angst.Scroll scroll. Do all fans of other artists demand certain songs on a cd? I'm just looking forward to different songs from Clay. Also I don't really care if the label demands things of Clay. That's for him and management to work out. All that complaining just turns me off to the boards.

On the other hand it sounds like it was a great m&g. Maybe Clay can go on a m&g lecture tour and just talk to us. I'd definitely go to it. :wordpooper:

Great banner cindi!

My Spamism, for some reason, is "to wit" from the King (right before he comes through with the joke "why do they call it the Middle Ages when nothing comes after us?"). Also...during DH and my trip to Disney World, anytime we needed to get a certain Disney song out of our head ("Small World" anyone? Shudder), I'd start to sing "Bright Side of Life." Jaymes would not be happy with me. LOL

I'm KAndre's minion for a reason.

Just saw this on another board. Never underestimate the Clay Nation!

There was some audio taken, but we don't know yet how extensive it was. Stay tuned.

YES!!!! pumps fist....

On the other hand it sounds like it was a great m&g. Maybe Clay can go on a m&g lecture tour and just talk to us. I'd definitely go to it. :wordpooper:

Me too, Fear!

In fact, I think it sounds like an incredible experience for those who were there today. Honestly, what a great opportunity! I am green as grass, but SO thankful for all the reports. I just love him to pieces; he is such a good guy.

Cindy, great banner!

Did not get to read the Q&A till after 8pm tonight and new some heads would explode. As much as I love original songs and especiall OMWH I do still love ATDW. I just want him to tour. I can deal with the next CD when the time comes. I am just glad that he is still recording. It does not sound like he was dropped as people were speculating. It would of been great to be there, it sounded as if everyone enjoyed it. Those fans who keep saying his career is over can leave if they are not happy. Why stay if nothing makes you happy.They do nothing but criticize his every move.

Oooh! Pretty new banner! (Surely that wasn't there when I posted before? How could I have missed the prettiness?) FearofH20--I couldn't help but LOL at your idea of having Clay lecture the 'Mates! That would be hilarious--plus, since he used to be a teacher and he's awesome, I'm sure he'd be great at it!

If you ask me, if people are "angsting" over the idea of Clay doing another cover CD, they obviously just don't have enough faith in the awesomeness of Clay Aiken. He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.

Why do I always root for horrible football teams? *buries face in hands at the ND/USC final score*

liney23, you may be hanging out here for a long time. Especially if, god forbid, Clay doesn't have any new projects for awhile, or until he puts his hand over someones mouth or his foot on their armrests, something like that. We may be into months and months of griping but I'm kind of like Heidi, at least I think it was her, who finds it funny. What can I say, I get bored easily and people who have a cow about things that haven't even happened yet amuse me. We only have a general idea of the direction he may go and there are so many possibilities that I'm not going to pre-judge something that at this point is just a concept.

It was me. <g> I think it’s hilarious and oh so predictable. We could start a DRINKING game!!! Of course, we’d get drunker than shit and quickly, but hey. <g>

I am, however, staying here at FCA until something else becomes a topic of conversation "out there." :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

For me it’s “I’m not quite dead” (in Tom's voice) and now the people around me at work tend to say it too. Doesn’t help that I have a button on my wall. With the economy the way it is, and people getting laid off all around town, it seems appropriate.

I love your signature, merieeee! Exactly how I feel!

edited link - couchie

BIG KISS!!!!

I don't care what the hell Clay sings or where. I'm there.

And, people can just throw his gayness all over me

(as long as his body comes along with it.)

Here's the Q & A! edited link - couchie

Is it the whole thing?

Bless you!

It IS the whole thing!!! Someone sent it to me and I don't know who recorded it but whoever that brave soul is deserves a medal!!

And his love for ATDW sure didn't sound like label enforced spin to me! It sounded like he actually does love it!

What a concept. Clay may actually mean what he says! :P

Here's what I think---Clay pretty much needs to start again. He'll always have some of us--we fans who've loved him from the beginning, those of us who talk 'unconditional' and who believe in his talent and his heart. But for many---in fact, for a large majority of the 'buying' public---he is NOT on their radar for the right reasons.

For many out there Clay is a familiar name more for the 'news' about him, the blurbs, the headlines, the jokes, the things we acknowledge but---because we're 'close'---try to ignore. But for those whose sensibilities are constantly being bombarded more with the sensational than with the voice, the wit, the intelligence, the stage presence? He is more likely that dork from AI with the big voice ("Is he still singing?" "He didn't win, did he?" "I knew he was gay!")

So after Spamalot? I hope that if Clay truly wants to have a singing career, a long-term career, he'll surround himself with professional, savvy experts in the industry---people who have no particular bias or agenda other than to do right by their client---and look toward the future with an eye on successfully re-introducing 'the real Clay' to the world.

I hope it includes years and years of Clay being happy in his personal life and being successful in his professional one. Selfishly, I also hope that his professional life includes lots of tours and songs showcasing that once-in-a-lifetime voice. Because I honestly cannot imagine my life without that voice.

Here's the Q & A!

edited out link - couchie

Is it the whole thing?

Bless you!

It IS the whole thing!!! Someone sent it to me and I don't know who recorded it but whoever that brave soul is deserves a medal!!

And his love for ATDW sure didn't sound like label enforced spin to me! It sounded like he actually does love it!

You mean like when he specifically says please don't record the Q&A?

Here's the Q & A!

edit

Is it the whole thing?

Bless you!

I haven't listened to it yet. Too bad this won't be vaulted. I'm sure the link would be zapped on most boards.

Here's what I think---Clay pretty much needs to start again. He'll always have some of us--we fans who've loved him from the beginning, those of us who talk 'unconditional' and who believe in his talent and his heart. But for many---in fact, for a large majority of the 'buying' public---he is NOT on their radar for the right reasons.

For many out there Clay is a familiar name more for the 'news' about him, the blurbs, the headlines, the jokes, the things we acknowledge but---because we're 'close'---try to ignore. But for those whose sensibilities are constantly being bombarded more with the sensational than with the voice, the wit, the intelligence, the stage presence? He is more likely that dork from AI with the big voice ("Is he still singing?" "He didn't win, did he?" "I knew he was gay!")

So after Spamalot? I hope that if Clay truly wants to have a singing career, a long-term career, he'll surround himself with professional, savvy experts in the industry---people who have no particular bias or agenda other than to do right by their client---and look toward the future with an eye on successfully re-introducing 'the real Clay' to the world.

I hope it includes years and years of Clay being happy in his personal life and being successful in his professional one. Selfishly, I also hope that his professional life includes lots of tours and songs showcasing that once-in-a-lifetime voice. Because I honestly cannot imagine my life without that voice.

Hear, hear! Speaking as someone who was bombarded with the sensation instead of the substantial until a few months ago, I can definitely say you hit the nail on the head with that one. I mean, I wouldn't be a Clay fan now if not for chancing upon a Tonight Show interview where his wit and quick humor blew me away... and then I heard the voice! But up until then, I was one of those, "isn't he the gay guy that didn't win" people.

Hopefully, you're right. Now that he's out (and about) the speculation about his sexual orientation won't be the first (and often only) thing you hear about when Clay comes up anywhere. Maybe there will be future converts like me, who are introduced to a guy with a big heart, snappy wit, and phenomenal voice instead of just knowing him as a punch line.

Here's the Q & A!

edit -jmh

Is it the whole thing?

Bless you!

You mean like when he specifically says please don't record the Q&A?

Well, I am sure he meant it, but I bet he wouldn't be surprised that it was!