#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

I hate to be a party pooper but Clay asked that this day not be recorded. Now I don't think he said audio tapes but that's splitting hairs I think. I know it's kinda late to put the genie back in the bottle but I'm quite sure that in this fandom we know how to get what we want without this board being the place for people to come get it. I know it's kinda silly but humor me. I'd appreciate it if the links were removed.

What? There was spam video? :cryingwlaughter: I'll assume, if there was Spam video, it stayed off youtube because nobody posted links on public boards or talked about it.

I forgot to mention my favorite part -- and I now have a question for Clay..exactly what the hell is wrong with soap operas!

I'm barely keeping up with this board, so I guess it's a gift that I'm missing the Pavlovian responses to "covers" at other places. So another covers album? I've got only one thing to say about that ----- Motown. Well, five words, Oh God Please Soul Music! I'm not going to be restrictive to Motown, because I love the Memphis and Gulf Coast R&B sounds just as much.

I'm not worried about a rerun of 2006. I can't believe that could ever happen again. Didn't most everyone wise up -- eventually -- to the inside information wannabe conspiracies? So people are clinging to discredited, and borderline paranoic, reaches of the imagination regarding Clay's career?

Fuck 'em running.

I don't agree that it will be a long time before we get new music. Apparently Clay and Jaymes are already discusing it. It seems that the big hits ride for a very long time to squeeze out every bit of juice, but disappointments are followed up quickly, and usually with a big contrast in style or direction. The specific comment about CDs versus downloads was interesting. It would certainly quicken the finished product if music were released via digital download exclusively. Instead of making deals with Walmart, artists can just put it out there. At this point, I don't know what record companies have to offer except front money and promotion. If an artist has his own money to record and his own management team to generate adequate publicity, and a good deal with iTunes and Rhapsody, who needs a stickin' label? Anyway, whatya gonna put a label on if it's a download? *g*

As to my late and thumbnail reviews of all things Clay:

The Rosie show sucked badly for me. If I had not been tuned in expressly for Clay, I would have never made it through the opening number with Liza Minnelli, who in the immortal words of Oscar Levant has a vibrato in search of a voice, singing with Rosie, who can't carry a tune in a bucket. And the chit-chat smelled like awards show banter, without any awards. I wouldn't have made it any further without the promise of Clay. So after Clay was on -- and I loved his comment about Gabriel Byrne because I, too, love The Usual Suspects -- I did click over to something else. So no one knows how to produce a decent variety show these days? I remember so many good ones, including Saturday Night at the Palladium, that were classy and funny and superbly entertaining. The Smothers Brothers were the absolute best ever, because they were cutting edge topical, screamingly funny, and delivered the talent that everyone wanted to see, including The Beatles, The Who, The Doors, Harry Belafonte, Steppenwolf, Donovan, and George Harrison solo. But what they had that made the difference were young, creative writers -- Steve Martin, Albert Brooks, Rob Reiner, Don Novello, and older creative writers -- Tommy Smothers and Pat Paulsen. Rosie badly needed good writers for her show because it sort of looked like she was trying to wing it out there. Apparently it didn't get any better after I tuned out.

I watched the parade clack before I read anything about it, and I really didn't notice anything strange about his hair at all. I did notice the eyeliner, though. And I don't mind it at all. It gives him that hot goth look that seems to be in these days. I see so many celebrities at big events in extravagant clothes and jewelry, with hairstyles that are screaming for a brush and comb, so it doesn't mean much to me if Clay's hair is assymetrical, or too flat, or too sticky outy, because modern styles are extremely unkempt and oddly shaped. Sometimes I think we do sound like a bunch of old ladies with old fashioned ideas about what's hip and cool. I really have no preference between OMWH hair, or last Christmas tour hair, or Thanksgiving Parade hair. I do have a preference for Clay's favorite hair, though. And if he should ever decide that it's time to hire a hair stylist, I'll look forward to a return of that too-sexy AIW look. So, I guess he really did like the bangs, even though I was told so many times by fans that he didn't keep that hairstyle because he hated the bangs. I wish he loved it enough to learn how to fix it himself, because I'm pretty hooked on it as the ultimate, most flattering, sexiest Clay look ever. Fixing your own hair has to be easier than learning guitar, so I hope he maybe starts practicing a little.

FYI: I watched the David Foster & Friends show on PBS tonight, for the first time. David really has it going on. This is his time all right. Great show, although I had to turn it off before Josh Groban finished singing You Raise Me Up, because I have a strict two-song limit with Josh before he starts getting on my nerves. I really don't understand it, but two songs are okay and the third one is always well past my tolerance level.

I watched Motown clack tonight on You Tube and am still reveling in its fabulosity .... but there's no indication of the venue on this one linked below. Anybody recognize it? There are some jumpy places in the video so I'd like to know the venue and get a better version from the clack sites, if possible. Lord knows Scarlett is never going to render the Motown for me! Yet I love her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBc68fip0Ps

You know, I woke up this morning thinking "I'll bet someone got audio of the chat anyways" and lo and behold, what do I find being discussed.....glad the links were pulled. To me, that would just be an FU to Clay who specifically asked that it not happen.....and on his birthday to boot.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY!!!!!!! :happybirthday01: Hope it's a great one. Hope the audience at Spam this afternoon shows him the love.

oooh, just realized that it's a year ago today I was at the Kalamazoo concert. Good times. Might have to go back and rewatch that later.

No evening Spam reports? Sheesh, don't make me go out looking. Might not be a good thing today.

I went looking with blinders on, I swear! :P

From CV:

toni7babe and Scarlett called – report from Saturday evening intermission.

Hi to everybody from them.

Full house, loads of fans. They are dead center first row.

GREAT show. Just wonderful. Great crowd. Cheering for everything. David and Rick are both out. Sean not there. David’s understudy is doing a wonderful job. Rick’s understudy is OK.

Not Dead scene—Rick’s understudy did a different dance from the Scottish? One that Rick usually does. Clay mimicked the newer different dance. Very cute.

King very funny.

Great response on Idol line—loud cheers. Is in fabulous voice tonight.

Lady of the Lake duet with Galahad—good number, much better chemistry than when she saw the show early in second run.

Torch carrying—it’s different. He crouches very low. Low and very HOT!

Slow motion horse riding—lots of tongue action.

When the LOL came out in her armor she hit ? Clay’s arm. She threw her armor to Galahad and Clay said, “It was for me. It was for me.” Very cute.

Jello girls, he tried to look up their skirts. Somebody ran behind somebody and touched their butts. I think she said Clay ran behind and did the touching. ?

When he’s standing in the corner in the Camelot scene, he keeps motioning with his hands to one of the girls to turn around, and says, “so I can see your ass.” And when she does, he keeps talking to Galahad and points to her saying. “look, look, look.” Very funny.

Show is absolutely great. Looks like they are all having a fabulous time.

More later.

Toni7babe and Scarlett called – report after Saturday evening show. What a team they have been! WOW and GOSH!

Standing in alley, no barricades up, so no stage door. Maybe 50 people hanging around.

They just saw Jerome standing over by Junior’s talking to the painting waiter. Looks like he picked up a couple of paintings from him.

Brett is standing out in the alley with a couple of people at a fair space between the stage door crowd and them.

Great show. Big fan crowd.

When he went to the piano, he did a huge tunic flip. Big audience cheer. He turned around and looked and paused. Looked over the audience and gave a “you guys are crazy look.” Toni doesn’t remember him ever acknowledging the audience response before.

Big number, lots of tongue and crossed eyes.

Coconut dance—very hot, come hither look.

Guard—didn’t braid ribbons but kept staring up at his weapon.

Peasant,--really cute little boy, maybe 11 or 12. Surprised. King said he’d be famous like Rudy Guliani and the Olsen twins. Clay shook his hand.

End—big kicks and circling hips, lots of tongue

Tuxedo dance—cutest. When he is doing the side kicks and then bumps hips with the girl, and then does a shimmy, Jenny Hill jumped on his back and he continued doing his hip circles and dance moves with her piggy back. Lasted maybe 25 seconds. Very cute and fun.

Irishbookgal had a family in front of her that the girl really liked Clay on Idol. Hadn’t followed his career and thought he was great.

That’s it folks. What a day!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Clay! Your 20's may be over, but the "best is yet to come"...it really is, enjoy it!

1 Day until Clay is on ET! :yahoo:

35 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

57 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy Birthday Clay!!

:laola0: :balloons::happybirthday01: :04: :partytime:

keepingfaith said
Sometimes I think we do sound like a bunch of old ladies with old fashioned ideas about what's hip and cool.

Now that's funny. Since I was never hip or cool, I'll take whatever management thinks is best. After I find a hairstyle for myself then I'll worry about Clay's. :lilredani: And having two sons I never did have much influence on them, except maybe politically. But musically they are always teaching me.

But a lot of the fans would not still be around if they didn't feel that they could influence Clay in his choices of music, dress, makeup and hair. Has Clay ever asked the fans what they want to hear? I don't think so. I think suggestions are great but the "if you don't do this you will fail" attitude is getting a little old. :hangin:

:cry4: I missed what claygasm linked to. Darn that sleeping.

So. Whats new?

:cryingwlaughter:

Actually I've been following along just been too busy to post. I'll try to hit just the high points *g*

• Rosie's show. Eh. There's a reason the variety show concept died out. And that was it. No need to reinvent the dinosaur. 'Nuff said.
  • Clay was verra verra CUTE however. :wub:
  • Clay is gay. IMO him acknowledging it in a humorous way is very different than being the punchline of someone else's joke.
  • I've gotten to the point where I'd rather watch the appearances first, before I read any reaction on the boards. I thought he looked a bit pale and everyone would be complaining because he wasn't wearing enough makeup. Silly me... :hysterical:
  • His hair is what it is. I thought it looked okay on parade day. Unless he wears in very short or very long he'll always have to do something to it and sometimes he will need to do it himself. I loved the AIW hair too but there is NO WAY I could do that for myself either. Anything that requires a blow dryer to style usually works better when someone else is doing it. I watch my stylist do mine and think, nope I can't do that. I can't get that angle and then she has this way of curling the hair over the barrel of the dryer while she's brushing it out .... yeah right. :hysterical:
  • Spending Thanksgiving alone. Really. It's just a day. I'm sure he didn't have to be alone if he didn't want to. He had to be in NY. No reason everyone else had to be. It isn't like he doesn't have people in his life who love him.
  • Chat with Clay, covers, RCA, ATDW, yadayadayada.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

*picks self up off the floor*

*wipes tears from eyes*

Sorry. That was rude.

I do find it interesting that some fans always really really really want him to talk about these things, but when he does they don't ever seem to like what he has to say. Go figure.

Personally, I love that Clay feels open enough to talk to his fans this way. And that Chat raised a nice bit of change for the charity.

In other news...I got my plane ticket to Philly for our trip to NY on the 4th to see Clay's closing performance in Spamalot! And my basketball team beat our snooty instate archrivals last night.

So in summation ... I'm good. :cocktail:

Generously edited for grammar, punctuation, spelling, clarity and various code and html foo-foos.

And cuz I forgot to say...

Happy Birthday Baby! :wub:

Oooooh, bottle, thanks for sharing that MOST yummy picture! I, too, LOVE AIW hair.

That's why this drawing by Linda Huber is my favorite drawing of hers. It's the only one I bought:

lindahuberwow.jpg

And he was soooooo handsome when he paired that hair with a beard:

galasmile.jpg

Happy birthday to Clay!! My birthday wish for Clay is that his career develops in whatever way he wants it to do so from this point out, and that his personal life is happy and fulfilling.

:hb2: :bdayparty2: :hb2:

Hell, I've never worried about hip or cool - and clearly have no idea how difficult white boy hair is to style - I though AIW cover hair looked easy - wash it and let it flop down. I thought Thanksgiving hair was easy too - I just assumed he didn't come it at all because that's what my hair looks like as soon as I get up. Me, I just love long chestnut haired Clay.

As for the chat thingie...me 'n him have liked the same kind of music for five years now...me 'n him seem to be fine with RCA...me 'n him ain't stressing about his career. We're good. How am I going to keep the chat for me a non-repeat of 2006? By not giving a fuck about those who have decided for whatever reason that Clay was lying, spinning, being forced into shit, hate covers, hate Clay's taste in music (which seems to basically not to like whatever they like. "oooh, well Clay hasn't been exposed to a lot of good music". Well, darlin', neither have you. I can just about guaran-damn-tee that 90% of the music you like I would think of as "crap" and you don't have sufficient aesthetic taste too appreciate many others would call "good" music. Feh), hate ATDW, hate stereotypes that weren't even brought up, and whoever ain't taking Clay at face value. For me, those are the people that he addressed when he said, "Why the hell are you still here?" Of course, he probably doesn't feel that way because he's about 97 times nicer than I am....

Here is Clay's horoscope from Washington Post (by Holiday Mathis):

Today's Birthday, Nov. 30: Every year you get better at giving your attention to what and whom you really love. You'll be spending your time in the most productive ways and life reflects your stellar priorities. A powerful person offers you help in December. A love match is made in January. Financial success in March emboldens you. Cancer and Virgo adore you.

(bolding mine)...Yes I do!

K'andre You rock!

Kim

I'm barely keeping up with this board, so I guess it's a gift that I'm missing the Pavlovian responses to "covers" at other places. So another covers album? I've got only one thing to say about that ----- Motown. Well, five words, Oh God Please Soul Music! I'm not going to be restrictive to Motown, because I love the Memphis and Gulf Coast R&B sounds just as much.

Yeah baby!! Bring it!!

How am I going to keep the chat for me a non-repeat of 2006? By not giving a fuck about those who have decided for whatever reason that Clay was lying, spinning, being forced into shit, hate covers, hate Clay's taste in music (which seems to basically not to like whatever they like. "oooh, well Clay hasn't been exposed to a lot of good music". Well, darlin', neither have you. I can just about guaran-damn-tee that 90% of the music you like I would think of as "crap" and you don't have sufficient aesthetic taste too appreciate many others would call "good" music. Feh), hate ATDW, hate stereotypes that weren't even brought up, and whoever ain't taking Clay at face value. For me, those are the people that he addressed when he said, "Why the hell are you still here?" Of course, he probably doesn't feel that way because he's about 97 times nicer than I am....

Great advice. My problem, I think, is that I still want to get people to see that Fake Clay has dictated the discourse of the boards for nearly 3 years now, but that just isn't possible, so if I can give that up, I'll be a lot happier.

YEAH to a lot of other great posts too.

Today's Birthday, Nov. 30: Every year you get better at giving your attention to what and whom you really love. You'll be spending your time in the most productive ways and life reflects your stellar priorities. A powerful person offers you help in December. A love match is made in January. Financial success in March emboldens you. Cancer and Virgo adore you.

(bolding mine)...Yes I do!

K'andre You rock!

Kim

And I and about half the board--Cancer--adore him too!!

(my bolding) I have no idea about the rest, but I sure think that statement is true!

And I and about half the board--Cancer--adore him too!!

Speaking up for Leo too!

I don't agree that it will be a long time before we get new music. Apparently Clay and Jaymes are already discusing it. It seems that the big hits ride for a very long time to squeeze out every bit of juice, but disappointments are followed up quickly, and usually with a big contrast in style or direction. The specific comment about CDs versus downloads was interesting. It would certainly quicken the finished product if music were released via digital download exclusively. Instead of making deals with Walmart, artists can just put it out there. At this point, I don't know what record companies have to offer except front money and promotion. If an artist has his own money to record and his own management team to generate adequate publicity, and a good deal with iTunes and Rhapsody, who needs a stickin' label? Anyway, whatya gonna put a label on if it's a download? *g*

The Rosie show sucked badly for me. If I had not been tuned in expressly for Clay, I would have never made it through the opening number with Liza Minnelli, who in the immortal words of Oscar Levant has a vibrato in search of a voice, singing with Rosie, who can't carry a tune in a bucket. And the chit-chat smelled like awards show banter, without any awards.

I bet in 20 years if not sooner, the record labels will be asking the government for a bailout. They've known for a long time already that change had to come but they've spent too much time suing individuals as if that would scare everyone else from downloading music. And just what will they collect from relatively poor people when/if they wins these cases. Anyway, I really see no true vision coming from the music industry yet. They will continue to survive by those few artists a year that strike lightening. They better come up with something else.

Heee perfect description of Rosie's show.

c.gifl.gifa.gify.gif

30_Happens.jpg

Heee wonder how he's handling it. bwah. I had no problem with 30 or 40. I had a serious problem with 31 for some reason.

BTW, Clay, this is my very FAVORITE Hair, too!

AIWLarge.jpg

just because

So. Whats new?

:cryingwlaughter:

Actually I've been following along just been too busy to post. I'll try to hit just the high points *g*

• I've gotten to the point where I'd rather watch the appearances first, before I read any reaction on the boards. I thought he looked a bit pale and everyone would be complaining because he wasn't wearing enough makeup. Silly me... :hysterical:

heee

OK more Jamar...but can't find the damn messed up codes and it wouldn't let me post...

trying again...

Spending Thanksgiving alone. Really. It's just a day. I'm sure he didn't have to be alone if he didn't want to. He had to be in NY. No reason everyone else had to be. It isn't like he doesn't have people in his life who love him.

Yes I do agree with this...and I actually LOVE getting rid of family to spend some holidays alone. I could even do Xmas alone. But Thanksgiving? NO WAY. heee I need my bad movies and football and food and family.

• Chat with Clay, covers, RCA, ATDW, yadayadayada.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

*picks self up off the floor*

*wipes tears from eyes*

Sorry. That was rude.

• LOL Clay really knows how to throw folks for a loop. I'm pretty sure no one expected that answer.
  • In other news...I got my plane ticket to Philly for our trip to NY on the 4th to see Clay's closing performance in Spamalot! And my basketball team beat our snooty instate archrivals last night.

So in summation ... I'm good. :cocktail:

whoo hooo see you in January

Generously edited for grammar, punctuation, spelling, clarity and various code and html foo-foos.

but of course

ETA: Yes found the hanging chads!!

Eeeeek not trying to postho..really I'm not

As for the chat thingie...me 'n him have liked the same kind of music for five years now...me 'n him seem to be fine with RCA...me 'n him ain't stressing about his career. We're good. How am I going to keep the chat for me a non-repeat of 2006? By not giving a fuck about those who have decided for whatever reason that Clay was lying, spinning, being forced into shit, hate covers, hate Clay's taste in music (which seems to basically not to like whatever they like. "oooh, well Clay hasn't been exposed to a lot of good music". Well, darlin', neither have you. I can just about guaran-damn-tee that 90% of the music you like I would think of as "crap" and you don't have sufficient aesthetic taste too appreciate many others would call "good" music. Feh), hate ATDW, hate stereotypes that weren't even brought up, and whoever ain't taking Clay at face value. For me, those are the people that he addressed when he said, "Why the hell are you still here?" Of course, he probably doesn't feel that way because he's about 97 times nicer than I am....

BwahA!

Great advice. My problem, I think, is that I still want to get people to see that Fake Clay has dictated the discourse of the boards for nearly 3 years now, but that just isn't possible, so if I can give that up, I'll be a lot happier.

You might as well forget about it. Won't happen. But you know...I know I will never forget the day when DEEEEEEEEEEEEP in the middle of the 2006 angst when someone I thought had sense did a wink wink to another person I thought had sense about Clay going to Warner. It startled me so much I said to Ansa that well really it MUST be true - she must KNOW something. It's the only time I wondered if anything was true. Ansa talked me down. And after that I realized this is a fandom for a pop star, not something of vital national security and I don't need any leaders (well I knew before that but you know what I'm saying."). I'm VERy cynical now and I haven't forgotten. I refuse to read a word of what they say today no matter how much they are still loved and looked up to in this fandom because IMO they helped create the toxic atmosphere. I'm just going to hope and pray that we don't rise to those levels again.

Anyway what's the difference, OMWH got trashed after the honeymoon period ended.

Going to work..have a nice last day before the work week starts all over again.

OMWH got trashed?

Gosh, there should be an encyclopedia of the Clay fandom or a comprehensive history of so I'm not always going :huh: