#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Good thing that nobody booed Clay in Spamalot after he came out... It sounds like there are enough Claymates in most of the audiences to KICK BUTT--or at least incite a... something!

ETA: I just had to say--that hair is HOT!

Don't ask me why I remember this, but the People cover broke on September 23, 2008. If I remember right (as luckiest said), cindilu was there that evening. I also think jmh was there as well.

The story broke immediately after his return to Spamalot.

MUAH! to ldyj for letting me know about the ET Online video this morning. :BlowKiss:

Clay thought he might get boo'ed on stage right after he first made his announcement? That makes my heart hurt.

Same here. {{{Clay}}}

He owns us.

Thread title?

In the words of our own dear Sir Robin, Oh YES!

Clay thought he might get boo'ed on stage right after he first made his announcement? That makes my heart hurt.

I just love the ET interview. My heart hurt also hearing he was afraid of being booed off the stage. Just thinking about how many of us, including me, were thinking and talking about our feelings towards this announcement and speaking for myself, not wondering how he must have felt and anxiety toward reactions from people, also having to put out his personal life like that since he kept it private for so long. I'm going to NYC jan 1st and just can't wait to see him in spamalot. He has brought so much to my life even if I don't know him personnaly. Just wanted to add this.

jmh and I were there on Tuesday & Wed. nights of the "great Out". On Tuesday the paparazzi were out in force at the SD along with the FBM crew and a few (very few) regular fans. It was a very, very weird bunch. On Wed. night, People had hit the stands in New York in the late afternoon and a few of us had copies. In fact, David H. grabbed my copy and asked where I'd gotten it. He obviously knew it was coming.

Clay's performances were well recieved both nights, but it was pretty obviously not a fan group. Where we were sitting, most of the audience were foreign tourists (esp. Tues. night). A lot of the word play was not too well understood, but the physical comedy brought good reactions. Clay's reception was very much in line with the rest of the cast - not much better nor much worse. He was an integral part of a very good and very funny production.

I don't remember the date but I know our own cindilu2 was in attendance becoss I remember calling her while she was in line and telling her about the People cover. That may not have been the Friday show, though, since we got wind of the cover before it hit the stands.

Hee - definitely one of those moments I'll always remember.

There might have been only a few of us there, but we (well Karen and I anyway) showed him the love. Perceptions differ I guess, but I suppose the audience in general wasn't much different than any other Tuesday. Both of those nights we were in second row, and got a big smile and wink the first night during the finale, and he waved to Karen the second night. So he might have had to wait til Friday for the 'big love', but he most definitely knew we were there and loving him on Tuesday and Wednesday. Watching this interview makes me even more glad that we were there - only wish we could've given him that 'big hug' for reals instead of virtually.

Can I just say I hate Mondays...not only did I have to deal with the snow this morning; but I wasn't at work 30 minutes when the Library Director yelled at me. I have been running our book sales for the last few years, going through donations and keeping the book room organized and I have been trying to weed out some of the old books that have been in the room forever. We are talking library discards that are probably 20 years old and she had a fit when she saw me bringing up a cart for the dumpster. Apparently she thinks these books will sell and in her words "it is not my call to make" as to what books go in the garbage. Excuse me, but if I am going to spending all this time working on book sales and organizing them, than I think I am qualified as to what books will sell or not. I have been doing this for at least 5 years. Just pissed me off...she never says thank you for all the work I am doing...has never come to a book sale or shown any appreciation...yeah, she is a bitch on wheels and I have decided I am done...she wants to sort books and keep the room organized, more power to her.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Also found out that the husband of a co-worker passed away over the week-end; he had been ill for sometime so it was not unexpected, but that means I will being doing her job and mine while she is away...she is planning on being gone for a couple of weeks, but she is 72 and not in the best health herself and I am thinking this may spur her to finally retire. She should have done it long ago, but I think the job is a respite from all her personal troubles.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Off to watch Clay on ET...I peeked in a little at work, but now I can really enjoy it...and he looked gorgeous.

Kim

The same story is on OK magazine.

You know what bugs a little though? They (in the print article) make it sound like he said he was in denial about his orientation - and that's not what he said. He said having it be public made it easier for some people in his life to deal with it - that they didn't have opportunity for denial. At least that's the way I understand it.

Loved the video...I certainly needed that...put a smile on my face...think I may have to go watch it a few more times.

Kim

From lindylo at CV about Entertainment Tonight:

EEEEEEEEEE Clay coming up. Talking about Parker's surgery.

He comes on about 15 minutes into the show. Talks about Parker and going to the hospital in the middle of the night. Much like the interview on line but chopped up and shorter. They show a couple of clips from Spamalot and the People pictures.

aikim, must be the day for strange happenings at work. I found out quite late in the day (was putting in some overtime trying to get something finished) that my boss's boss apparently tried to cancel all holidays for the rest of the year today. My boss says she was told she is not allowed to take the days owing to her for the rest of this year, even though she will lose them if she doesn't. Apparently, my two days next week were also mentioned....my boss stuck up for me and said you can't cancel them, she has non-refundable travel plans. So I guess we shall see what tomorrow brings. I'll tell them where they can stick their job if they think they can cancel my Spam plans.....

Just pisses me off. Shouldn't matter what a person's plans are.....how dare they cancel my boss's vacation owed? She gives 150% to that place and never asks for overtime pay. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Awe Luckiest1; I hope you don't lose your days...that really sucks.

Thought I would share my little Wizard of Oz tree...with the puppy and cat we decided not put up the big tree, so I bought a 4 ft tree and put all my Oz ornaments on it. The book underneath the tree is The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L.F. Baum. I thought it turned out quite well!

Kim

ET with Clay! (Video link!)

ET's Jann Carl goes one-on-one with Clay Aiken, who talks candidly about being a doting daddy to his baby son Parker, and about his decision to come out to the world as a gay man.

Clay is back on Broadway, reprising his starring role of Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot. The multi-talented music man tells Jann he actually returned to the stage to enjoy more family time at home with three-and-a-half-month-old Parker and the baby's mother -- Clay's good friend -- Jaymes Foster.

The "American Idol" finalist also admits he was "terrified" about performing on Broadway the week after he revealed his sexual identity, fearing he'd get booed off the stage. Naturally, he drew the opposite reaction -- rousing cheers and applause -- instead.

Catch Clay while you can in Monty Python's Spamalot!

Love him talking about him taking care of Parker..."he owns us." LOL!

Such a great interview, and I think this is gonna be different from tonight's airing! (Or, I hope so, anyway...)

Thank you SO much for posting that! What a great interview!....and yes, even seeing "terrified" in print before watching the video made me tear up. Loved Jann Carl's reaction though~probably would have been exactly mine, and I think was a very honest one. Thank GOD there were fans there through that period to pass along love and appreciation from all of us.

You know what bugs a little though? They (in the print article) make it sound like he said he was in denial about his orientation - and that's not what he said. He said having it be public made it easier for some people in his life to deal with it - that they didn't have opportunity for denial. At least that's the way I understand it.

I agree that's not what he said. My take (only) on it was, that he feels it made people in his life who already knew~but preferred to ignore/sweep it under the rug/whatever~face what was really true. He is gay.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant as well, or if I'm phrasing my OWN thoughts correctly. But that's the way I took it.

aikim, must be the day for strange happenings at work. I found out quite late in the day (was putting in some overtime trying to get something finished) that my boss's boss apparently tried to cancel all holidays for the rest of the year today. My boss says she was told she is not allowed to take the days owing to her for the rest of this year, even though she will lose them if she doesn't. Apparently, my two days next week were also mentioned....my boss stuck up for me and said you can't cancel them, she has non-refundable travel plans. So I guess we shall see what tomorrow brings. I'll tell them where they can stick their job if they think they can cancel my Spam plans.....

Just pisses me off. Shouldn't matter what a person's plans are.....how dare they cancel my boss's vacation owed? She gives 150% to that place and never asks for overtime pay. Grrrrrrrrrr.

You DO know that isn't legal up here in these woods, right? Just sayin'.....even for your boss, who is a salaried manager I'm assuming. We're managers~not indentured servants, although that IS the way it feels sometimes. She does have recourse and should pursue it if necessary....unless they're going to pay her instead.

aikim, sorry to hear about your tough day at work and my sympathies for your co-worker. I had a tough day at the dentist. I had no idea that I hadn't been there in two years.

I did love your Wizard of Oz tree. Very cute!

Thanks...sorry you had a time at the dentist...not my favorite thing to do at all. I have an appointment coming up in a couple of weeks and I am dreading it because I have a tooth that has been bothering me...hope I don't need another one pulled.

Ever since I had my teeth cleaned in June, I have been having problems...the hygienist was a bit enthusiastic in her cleaning.

Glad you liked the tree!

:thbighug-1:

Kim

To change the topic......I am packing bracelets and flyers tonight - I need the address of Spikesmom and Liney. Merrieee is going to get a personal delivery. I have the other addresses. If anyone else wants one, I have about 10 bracelets left. I should check Paypal,. I probably have the addresses there.

The cost is 1.17 for shipping in the US, 1.18 for shipping to Canada. Bracelets are $2, but if you send $5, I will donate the difference.

No photos, Clay is not supposed to do the stage door until after 12/7. I will be in NYC that day because I will be at Broadway cares Gypsy of the Year. I will try and carry the signs with me to the stage door and get pictures then. If not, I try and have him sign them, but it might be one at a time and may not all get done. Now I will sit back and watch you guys fight it out to see who's sign I should present first. Remember no closed fists are to be used and no hair pulling.

Just saw Clay on my TV. The piece on ET is a more focused on Parker, and has a little bit of different footage from this morning's online video, so it will be worthwhile to download the Clack. The TV piece didn't show Jann Carl at all, which I found interesting. Is Mary Hart jealous? :imgtongue:

Whoa! I've never heard of that vacation thing being legal! I'd be asking some questions!

And jazzgirl, my heart goes out to you and your dental woes. Lord knows I've had my own recently.

I want to let the ET interview be my 'presssscious" in lieu of the shitty E! True Hollywood Story scheduled for Dec 12 (and reruns into infinity after that)....yes, you guessed it---"he who shall not be named" is given air time in there, as are a number of other scurrilous characters. I read about it on CH but don't even want to bring over the show description here. Suffice it to say that other than Ricky from Clay's AI year, none of the people they list as those sharing insights and secrets, etc., is anyone I'd want to share a taxi with. They're even showing that jerkoff's video of Clay singing at a wedding way back when---you know, the woman who sued over Jerome manhandling her and Clay and his family hurting the sales of her book?

WTF? I mean....

:what_d_fuck: :whatutterclaptrap: :biteme::believe::grrrr: :fssign: :liar: :fuckoff:

Oh well....I'm going to try to listen to Clay's words from the latest chat on Broadway---don't let the bad things said about him bother me

:notcaring:

Still................................

:wtfcat:

If my boss shows up tomorrow, I'll be sure to talk to her about it. She was pretty upset tonight, and left shortly after I saw her. I'm hoping she didn't do anything rash.....it would not be much fun to work there without her support.

play, thanks for getting the bracelets. Can you please send me your paypal info? And I have my fingers crossed that he does the stagedoor next week!

aikim, what a cute tree!

luckiest1, that sucks! I hope everything works out OK for you, and for your boss too! I also hope you have fun next week!

No photos, Clay is not supposed to do the stage door until after 12/7. I will be in NYC that day because I will be at Broadway cares Gypsy of the Year. I will try and carry the signs with me to the stage door and get pictures then. If not, I try and have him sign them, but it might be one at a time and may not all get done. Now I will sit back and watch you guys fight it out to see who's sign I should present first. Remember no closed fists are to be used and no hair pulling.

Pinky swear on your rules...but I'm damn good at thumb wrestling! Who's first?

Thank you play for all you're doing in regards with these signs. Actually, you need to go with the other two ladies first, just because I do have a trip to NYC in my future, and I'm hoping he'll be doing the stage door again by then!

Good luck with the dental work jazzgirl!

*waiting for ET*

I agree that's not what he said. My take (only) on it was, that he feels it made people in his life who already knew~but preferred to ignore/sweep it under the rug/whatever~face what was really true. He is gay.

I'm not sure if that's what you meant as well, or if I'm phrasing my OWN thoughts correctly. But that's the way I took it.

That is exactly what I meant (thanks for say it more clearly, lol). I don't think it's just our take - it's what he actually said - but People and OK both put a different spin on it - and it bugs me. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that it's their comprehension skills that are lacking, but...

luckiest - hope they were just posturing - they seem to like to see what they can get away with sometimes. Spamalot, or bust!!!

play - thanks for trying for the signs - you're a trouper (as is Scarlett)! As far as I'm concerned, if you can only get one, it should be FromClaygary's - this was her terrific idea in the first place!