#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

So, it's official. The president has cancelled all vacation time for the rest of the year for our department. Howevever, anyone with non-refundable tickets (i.e. flights) gets a pass. *whew* That was freaking close. I feel bad for everyone else, though. It's not right, regardless, as far as I'm concerned. I hope they let them carry the days over to 2009.

Liney, I'm shocked and appalled at your attitude. What do you have against brocolli????? :P;)

Scarlett is such a geek...chick! Guess where one of the places I'm staying in Tokyo is? (I know that sentence totally sucks structure wise, but science major here, thank you very much!) The Akihabara district!

Eeeeee, Akihabara is now a manga/anime place (my favorite stuff from Japan, hint, hint), not so as much an electronics place like before. So, don't forget my uh-stuff and also the Japanese ATDW (& did they make a Japanese OMWH?)!!! When are you leaving?

So, it's official. The president has cancelled all vacation time for the rest of the year for our department. Howevever, anyone with non-refundable tickets (i.e. flights) gets a pass. *whew* That was freaking close. I feel bad for everyone else, though. It's not right, regardless, as far as I'm concerned. I hope they let them carry the days over to 2009.

Liney, I'm shocked and appalled at your attitude. What do you have against brocolli????? :P;)

Good to hear that you escaped!

Liney, I'm shocked and appalled at your attitude. What do you have against brocolli?????

Yeah, really. She's obviously a brocolliophobe. :whistling-1:

luckiest... muski... Hey, I have nothing against broccoli... I eat the stuff all the time. I just can't see it as a dancing fool. It's good for eating, but needs to leave the dancing to the pickles! :cryingwlaughter:

I lived in Japan for three years (1979-1982). It was a wonderful time. Do the teenagers still dress as 1950s rockers and dance in the street and Park at Harajuku train station? There were some art dealers in the area that we would visit and we always went on Sunday just to watch the kids dance. Loved the shopping and just walking through the markets. When we wanted the mountains we headed for Okutama by train. If you have a chance to get out of the city for a couple of days go to Nikko.

A copy each of Japanese ATDW and OMWH are on my wish list if you find them.

To me, the whole lying thing is a moot point because he never should have had to say anything to begin with - the questions never should have been asked. Period. It's absolutely no one's business unless they're personally involved with him. And if someone wants to think/say/feel that he
lied
, fine, but I fail to see how something done in self-preservation suddenly means that he's a completely different person than we thought he was, deficient in character and lacking empathy for others. Just.does.not.compute.

annabear, I have felt this way from the beginning, long before the People magazine spread.

As far as I am concerned, if someone is rude, inconsiderate and disrespectful enough of another human being's right to privacy, then they don't even deserve the right to be surprised that they are lied to.

I agree-

Hell-o to all. I hope you had a lovely holiday. I hope everyone is doing well.

One of the joys of being me is that I see no reason to get along just for the sake of getting along. I am picky with whom I associate, and I don't see the reasons I choose to disagree with someone as being ignorant, and there is just some shit I will not put up with. I personally don't want to hang around unpleasant people and I personally find intolerance unpleasant. And I'm not going to make myself miserable in the hope that I am in charge of Clay's fan base. At a certain point, people need to own their reactions. There are members of the fandom I don't care for...I went somewhere else. Didn't leave the fandom. There is not a Prince fan in the entire freakin' world that has one iota of effect on me. And I've been a fan of Prince for more that 30 years. The Clay fandom as a whole, is probably a lot less influenced by individuals than you think.

You feel someone has judged you erroneously? Then call 'em out. But don't whack the innocent for the hell of it, or try to make them feel guilty for stuff they didn't do.

Ahayahayamen!

And guess what - we the fans...we ain't the ones who will bring in those people. It's Clay.

Thank you couchie. I've read around a bit today (BAD LDYJ! BAD!!), and I've seen it said that the fans will drive other fans away from Clay. But, to me, it gives way too much power to the fans, and not nearly enough power to Clay's talent and ability. Sure, there are bullies in this fandom -- but as Clay did in his life, ignoring them seems to work best (as well as not taking them personally). As the old saying goes, don't let the turkeys get you down.

Turkeys? I thought the old saying was BASTARDS!!! At least according to Kris Kristofferson it is. But I stand with every word you said. What makes anyone think that leaving the boards means leaving Clay. I met a good number of people during the DCAT who told me they were on the boards at one time, but dropped off because of the covers controversy in 2006. They were still at the DCAT in 2007. And I was a Clay fan from 2003-06, but not on any message boards. I posit that Clay has more fans OFF the boards than on. The fan power-tripping delusions are sickening to me, which is why I don't even know about that stuff anymore unless it's discussed here. Thanks merrieeee for letting me know when there's a blog, contest, or something special at OFC! I just can no longer bear to read the postings of a few vocal fans who don't think Clay could have a career without them. It just blows my mind that people need attention, approval, acceptance, or whatever that is, from internet boards.

..... There are many individuals on the boards that I do not respect or appreciate. There may very well be fractures in the internet fandom, but we have had those before too. The point is none of that will ever change how I feel about Clay or what he means to me. I don't need to agree with the people on the message boards to be a fan of Clay; I only need him.

Me too, me too.

:dancingpickle:

Heh, I agree, definitely a brocolli, not a pickle...

Isn't that the proudly naked pop star Brokkley Spears?

I have one recommendation today .... go watch this video: Prop 8: The Musical. It's a SCREAM!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c0cf508ff...d-rashida-jones

Since my DH just told me he is coming home on the 12th he had better not be home on the 20th so yes we can have a Partay!!!! My place...hot toddies.....hot snacks....hot tub...and hot bodies!!!!

Since my DH just told me he is coming home on the 12th he had better not be home on the 20th so yes we can have a Partay!!!! My place...hot toddies.....hot snacks....hot tub...and hot bodies!!!!

Sounds... hot!!! And you know we can re-create one of the JNT's in your media room... take your pick -- Long Island, West Point, Red Bank, Minneapolis 1&2, Merrillville?

KF -- please try to make it. No one else will use the hot tub with me in December!

Claygasm, the furor started again, I believe because of something Chris Seiber had said about the fans and then some people took it personal, and somehow it got back to Clay. I lost track somewhere along the way. Like someone else said upthread, sorry too tired to look it up, something else will come up soon for the boards to have a cow over. Never gets dull being a Clay fan.

How do "we" know it got back to Clay?

Did he say something?

Claygasm, the furor started again, I believe because of something Chris Seiber had said about the fans and then some people took it personal, and somehow it got back to Clay. I lost track somewhere along the way. Like someone else said upthread, sorry too tired to look it up, something else will come up soon for the boards to have a cow over. Never gets dull being a Clay fan.

How do "we" know it got back to Clay?

Did he say something?

The topic came back around to Clay. She wasn't saying he heard about it.

I don't understand.

How do we know it got back to Clay?

What do you mean "the topic" got back to Clay?

The "conversation" came back around to how Clay could or should have done something to disabuse Chris of that notion about the fans. As far as I know ... there was no suggestion that Clay in any way knew anything about Chris's comments.

Clear as mud? :)

Clear as mud? :)

"Dennis, there's some good mud over there..."

:clay:

Nabba dabba dabba doobie...doobie scoobie doobie scooba...

What is that, you ask? It's an excerpt from my new "Nonsense" song...best I could come up with on short notice. I'm currently working on a "Stuff" song to go with it for my upcoming "Stuff and Nonsense" show. I mean, if stuff and nonsense is going to happen whether I have a show or not, I might as well have a show, right? And be famous and...stuff. It will never fly, you say?

Nonsense!

An eHP party? Can it be? *breathless thrill*

Thanks for explaining that for me. That was what I meant, the topic came back around to Clay and the lying thing. Apparently there are still some fans with unresolved issues. Even though I don't understand why they are hanging onto their bitterness or anger or whatever, it does bring up a lot of interesting conversation and really thoughtful posts. Unfortunately, many of the ones who still have issues with it have a mental block about it so until they are ready to let go, they aren't going to get what the other posters are saying. But that is there issue, not Clay's and if they are looking for something more from Clay, then they are going to be disappointed. It's not his job to make them feel better, and they need to work things out for themselves.

Another topic going on over at CH that I thought was interesting is whether Clay should do a cd with all of his AI songs. It wouldn't matter to me either way because I loved those songs and how he sang them and I'd enjoy hearing the full versions. Of course, I would also love to hear new material from him too, cover or not, so I'm easy. As far as the critics go, I really don't think him being trashed by the critics is an issue in whether to do it or not because no matter what he does, he seems to draw heat. Apparently some of these critics seem to think that a singer must be an emotional trainwreck who doesn't bathe in order to be some type of creative genius. In my opinion, to be a critic, one must be tone deaf and an idiot, so there you go.