#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Thanks for explaining that for me. That was what I meant, the topic came back around to Clay and the lying thing. Apparently there are still some fans with unresolved issues. Even though I don't understand why they are hanging onto their bitterness or anger or whatever, it does bring up a lot of interesting conversation and really thoughtful posts. Unfortunately, many of the ones who still have issues with it have a mental block about it so until they are ready to let go, they aren't going to get what the other posters are saying. But that is there issue, not Clay's and if they are looking for something more from Clay, then they are going to be disappointed. It's not his job to make them feel better, and they need to work things out for themselves.

Another topic going on over at CH that I thought was interesting is whether Clay should do a cd with all of his AI songs. It wouldn't matter to me either way because I loved those songs and how he sang them and I'd enjoy hearing the full versions. Of course, I would also love to hear new material from him too, cover or not, so I'm easy. As far as the critics go, I really don't think him being trashed by the critics is an issue in whether to do it or not because no matter what he does, he seems to draw heat. Apparently some of these critics seem to think that a singer must be an emotional trainwreck who doesn't bathe in order to be some type of creative genius. In my opinion, to be a critic, one must be tone deaf and an idiot, so there you go.

:cryingwlaughter:

I totally agree! I mean, I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly (I know... I'm weak!) and they NEVER have anything good to say about Clay. And then they go hyperventilate over Britney Spears. Hello? Hello? I thought this was supposed to be about singing! If anyone tries to tell me Britney Spears sings better than Clay Aiken... BLEARGH!

Since my DH just told me he is coming home on the 12th he had better not be home on the 20th so yes we can have a Partay!!!! My place...hot toddies.....hot snacks....hot tub...and hot bodies!!!!

Sounds... hot!!! And you know we can re-create one of the JNT's in your media room... take your pick -- Long Island, West Point, Red Bank, Minneapolis 1&2, Merrillville?

KF -- please try to make it. No one else will use the hot tub with me in December!

Oh, I wouldn't miss it. It could be 20 degrees, or 85 degrees, who knows? But I love a hot tub in December, YAY! What do you mean no one else will use the hot tub? I understand about the 80 Degree Club members, but heck it may BE 80 degrees!

Hee I take it a partay is a good idea?

You take it correctly, Pilgrim. Most excellent idea. A Clay Partay for Christmas with the eHP!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (to plagierize the hostess a bit).

And I just have one other thing to say: Nabba dabba dabba doobie...doobie scoobie doobie scooba...Nabba dabba dabba doobie...doobie scoobie doobie scooba... and scooba dabba doobie DAB!!

And I just have one other thing to say: Nabba dabba dabba doobie...doobie scoobie doobie scooba...Nabba dabba dabba doobie...doobie scoobie doobie scooba... and scooba dabba doobie DAB!!

See? It's catchy, isn't it?

LOL

Oh, I HOPE Clay continues the stage door appearances through his run. Not that I expect an up close and personal interaction with him. I've been at that danged stage door more than once but never close enough to really lick see him completely. The one time I DID get a great spot---right up front near the stage door....well, that was his last night last May. You know the one---the one when everybody started craning their necks to look upwards...

Because Clay was on the roof---NOT coming out the stage door.

Of course. :cryingwlaughter: Then I was so close that even craning MY neck I couldn't see him on that freakin' roof! I was TOO CLOSE to the building! :rolleyes:

LOL

CM comes in whistling.... :whistling-1:Good morning, starshine. The earth says "hello", you twinkle above us, we twinkle below....

Whatever made me think of that!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Did I congratulate Clazycoffin on her good grade? If not -- congratulations!

OK, back to waiting for stage door pictures from tonight....and trying to sing the latest hit song from 00lsee and keepingfaith....

LOL

CM comes in whistling.... :whistling-1:Good morning, starshine. The earth says "hello", you twinkle above us, we twinkle below....

Whatever made me think of that!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh now you've got me!

Gliddy glub gloopy

Nibby nabby noopy

La la la lo lo

Sabba sibby sabba

Nooby abba nabba

Le le lo lo

Tooby ooby walla

Nooby abba naba

Early morning singing song

SD pics at OFC? Time to pay a little visit.

Completely totally off topic:

I just got back from my Bryan Adams concert. He sang for 2 hours--just him and his guitar and a piano player. After 30 years of singing and touring, that guy ROCKED the house. And, his audience had the requisite assholes "WE LOVE YOU, BRYAN!!!!" (How tiresome is that?) The one difference was that the really obnoxious people calling out and trying to get Bryan's attention were MEN!! No kidding. Security finally made one creep leave!

I plan to go to a Clay concert in 25 years so I can compare.

Wanda, you certainly were off topic........your post had nothing to do with the Age of Aquarius! :cryingwlaughter:

Spam report from canuck at CV:

I'm sitting here shaking! It might be from the cold, it might be from not eating, it might even be from not sleeping but I don't think so.

Tonight was just magical for me. I haven't seen him up close since May and he came out the Stage Door looking so incredibly gorgeous that I didn't feel the cold, the hunger or the tiredness any more. I was awestruck. There were very few people at SD and everyone who wanted an autograph or a picture got one. I had introduced myself to Jess, Jackie and Clayphan during intermission and stood with them at SD and they were so sweet and Jess took my picture. I look like a grinning banshee. but I'm thrilled. He looks the kind of gorgeous that toni describes so well. He took lots of time and chatted with people. Of course, I was struck dumb as usual and said "Thank you so much" D101!!!! And then he was gone.

From the moment the band struck the first note until now and still I have the biggest sh*ta**ed grin on my face! The show was just wonderful. I DID definitely see all the added nuances he's put in since last Spring and he is just so commanding in his role and so effortless. I'm so proud of him that I could just about burst.

I love the new King. He is frickin hilarious in the role and Merle was very funny and did a great job. Tom was out and his standin did a good job. No one can replace Tom or Rick though. I was so glad that Rick was there.

I can't tell you details that haven't been told over and over about the show. It was just perfect. The attendance looked good. Not sold out but the orchestra was quite full except for some pn the sides and a few in the back. I have no idea what the mezz or balcony were like. I bought SRO and I was the only one and they told me to take a seat in the back even before the show started, which was very sweet of them.

OMG - he is so adorable. His dancing is amazing. Got some thrusts! I got my peeking under the skiry in Camelot!! He does a very cute entrance in the tux - quite different from the Spring but just as cute.

It was almost a totally NJU crowd, very Monty Python - it's so funny how you can tell by what they laugh at. I do believe there were quite a few Jews in the house. The LOVED WYCSOB and burst out laughing when Clay delivered that line "If you don't have any Jews".

The peasant was a man, had no idea and his last name was Soloman - well - the King and the Knights played that up with their facial expressions and everyone roared. So funny!

Seeing the show after such a long time was cool in that I had forgotten some scenes and I laughed out loud in surprise at a few. They came back immediately but being a bad fan, I don't have it memorized as yet.

Did I mention just how gorgeous he looked at Stage door????? Truly......

Gorgeous CANADA sweatshirt under puffy black jacket and awesome jeans. Hair to die for and amazing sideburns!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

31 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

53 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

We fly in next Thursday, the 11th. We have tickets for Thursday, Friday & Saturday night's shows. EEEEEEEEEEE! I'm coming with my son, so I'm researching things to do to fill up the day on Friday and Saturday. So far, I'm thinking Rockefeller Centre (with Top of the Rock & NBC Studio tour) and maybe heading to Central Park and the Zoo if the weather is ok. Otherwise, maybe we'll try the TKTS booth to see if we can get cheap tickets to another show for the Saturday matinee....any other suggestions? Anyone else going to be in town?

ETA: Oh, and of course doing a walking tour of all the window displays on 5th ave! Sheesh, you'd never know I was allergic to the cold, the way I'm planning.....must remember to pack antihistimines!

:dancingpickle:

Heh, I agree, definitely a brocolli, not a pickle...

Isn't that the proudly naked pop star Brokkley Spears?

BWAH!!! I think you're right!

I have one recommendation today .... go watch this video: Prop 8: The Musical. It's a SCREAM!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c0cf508ff...d-rashida-jones

keeping... I LOVED this video! I hope all this "after the passing of Yes on 8" stuff works.

LOL

Oh now you've got me!

Gliddy glub gloopy

Nibby nabby noopy

La la la lo lo

Sabba sibby sabba

Nooby abba nabba

Le le lo lo

Tooby ooby walla

Nooby abba naba

Early morning singing song

SD pics at OFC? Time to pay a little visit.

Keeping... I have to go to work and I can't get your catchy tune outta my head! :cryingwlaughter: If I get fired today, it'll be your fault for distracting me. :hysterical:

Good Afternoon, FCA! :hello:

I usually get over here, catch up, and then have to leave. Glad to have a chance to say "hello"!

A link to last night's stage door, via CV:

canuck, you're on YouTube.

I love this video because we get to see Canuck and Clay. :Iluvclaysbutt:

Thank you to whomever wrote days ago that you still receive Google alerts to know when the Carolina On My Mind blog is up. They are usually posted every 3-4 days. I don't always mention them here, but the current entry features SueReu's winning "Amazing Journey" montage, as well as some "ancient history" RE my connection with the songwriter of IWCY and ISY. The montage inspired me to "time travel." :lol:

At the bottom of the Carolina blog is an add-on about the 2009 Clay Aiken Calendars. Ninety have been shipped this week, but the new info is about the 10 extras on Ebay:

Ten standard calendars have been posted for bids on Ebay through 12/8. Printed on standard paper rather than the premium glossy cardstock of the original order, the results are still amazing, according to Rosa, and include a "five years at a glance" feature. Upon payment, they will ship via priority mail.

Donations from the project will be sent to TBAF on Jan. 1 as part of the 2009 "Together for Inclusion" fundraising.

Previous info about the calendar project was in the 11/13 and 11/20 blogs.

Have a great time SPAMMING, Luckiest1 and Kareneh! A super week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Things are just fine in Baku, jmh123. Thanks for asking! I've been here but busy with school work and just being lazy in the down time. Tomorrow is packing day. I'm heading back to Canada on Saturday and then it's NEW YORK CITY on the 11th....just like luckiest1. I have tickets for the Friday night show and the show on Saturday afternoon. We aren't sure what we are going to do on Saturday night, though I'm guessing that the prospect of not seeing Clay in a while will help make that decision easier when the time gets closer. I thought on Thursday night we'd go see the Christmas tree and the windows on 5th. Friday, I think I'll do some Christmas shopping and that's about it for plans from me. I'm really looking forward to these few days in New York. I can't believe it's almost here!

EEEEEEEEEEE, me too! :thbighug-1:

Gosh, it's so monotonous......work, home, sleep, work, sleep...... :imgtongue: Is it Friday yet?

Have a safe and wonderful time in NYC. My turn is coming up Jan 1st, just can't wait!! Hope you get to see him at the stagedoor.

Thanks for the link to the stage door video. It cracks me up how I'll be watching just about any video of Clay, and then I suddenly notice that I have that silly grin on my face. Heeeeee! He makes me happy.