July 30, 2005 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake

Couch Tomato

So let the games begin. This is the first concert where'll I'll be able to listen from start to finish. Well actually now that I have listened to Deborah760s complete concert... I'm no longer a virgin!

From around Clay land: Clyboard, Chautauqua etc.

Jukebox is out front of the stage.

There's a tent up to the stage and a hard roof over the stage. Big arena. Anybody looking at the stage should be able to see because the stage is about 10 feet tall, maybe dificult for the front row to see.

Sunny, a few clouds, really nice weather.

-----

Cellstream reports that Clay went on some kind of ride there.

bandmembers are out. Screams started. we built this city skipping

-----

deafening screams twisting thw night away.

-----

lots of screams in between lines -- sounding great --

sax playing -- lots of screaming -- still twistin'

-----

black leather jacket, black pants white shirt must be the same outfit

-----

my god ladies this is absolutely amazing the crowd is unbelieveable..so freakin loud major screaming.....they are freakin out of it......

-----

at the hop, johnnt b good, rockin robin

So do we know if Jacob is playing the sax?

So Clay went on a ride today. Guess he's continuing the tradition. It just hit me I was supposed to be at Lake Darien! Damn! I wish I wasn't so sensible.

rockin robbin..he is certainlly rockin out..workign the stage..crow screamin.....sweet pretender ..holy cow.. he sounds wonderful.....now

-----

The Great Pretender (cool vocals)

-----

only youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu held you for long time...sends chills thru you...outstanding....I love this man.....

-----

oh that note was to die for.

-----

Ohhhh, the final YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

-----

That'll Be The Day - he's rockin!

-----

great balls of fire, much screaming

-----

no text message screen apparently

-----

into Rock and Roll is here to stay

-----

Talking now

-----

Fantastic crowd...loud

Helllooooo NY

-----

HE IS TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING. NOT SURE WHAT BUT EVERYONE IS SCREAMING. SCREAMS ARE DEFINITELY GOOD.

UM IS COMING UP!!

This time credited the Righteous Brothers in the intro.

Now singing.

I hear thudding going on!

Time goes by so sloooowly

Are you still miiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeee?

Screams, screams, screams, cream.

-----

Per cellstream, the microphone is very happy after that one.

I guess Clay just assaulted the microphone. Cellstream is pretty clear tonight!

I don't know why I'm so happy at his little amateurish piano playing... I guess it feels like a continuing dialouge between Clay and his fans that started on Joyful Noise tour.

she just said it was worth the price of addmission

-----

love me tender

-----

Clays playing the piano. I can hear so well. it's like being there. so emotional. Screams!!

-----

Love Me Tender. This is so very tender and beautiful.

And now we're gonna ROCK!! The audience is going wild. Can't understand the music yet!!

------

into hound dog leg shaking

fivegoldens says OMG

-----

On into the set now, Heartbreak Hotel. He's breaking hearts!!

OMG!! He is SOOOOOOOOOOO into this!!

-----

heartbreak hotel...holy gheezzzzlousise..I am gone crownd is absolutely out of control ..they are killing me...jail house rock.....lest rock....this is wonderful

-----

Sooooooooooo beautiful. Can't Help Falling In Love. Swoooooooooooon.

-----

lovely low voice --- screams, and into

Suspicious minds ...

-----

man the crowd is deafening

his voice is so beautiful, it doesnt matter if he's singing loud rockin song or a soft love song . he puts so much into each note. smooth as silk, yet so much power and control

because I love you babyyyy..what your doing to me..please dont believe a word Im saying.....crowd hoppping to the music...what wonderful support they are giving our man..the exploded......so did I..now behind cloths rack...changing..

-----

clay talking now... sounds of the '60's...

daydream believer sounds beatuiful

-----

Downtown. So much fun!

-----

cant buy me love..he is really dancing up a storm...bouncing and hopping with the music...tom much for money ..cant buy me love ........

-----

sugar sugar another of my favorites WOO HOO

and you got me wanting you (that has a nice ring to it)

Happy together so happy together

-----

What a voice! What a gift! What presentation!

Should be lots of photos from this show..said camera are everywhere and no body is hounding them. Wonderful!

-----

sugar sugar....my fancy girl ..and you got me wanting you...I cant belive its true.....oh sugar sugar sugar..honey hone.....together....lots of laughing going on..dont know what he did..crowd exploded.......

-----

Solitaire - gorgeous (as if you didn't know!)

-----

(cameras everywhere . . people even walking down the aisles taking pictures . .should be lots)

-----

solitaire gorgeous people are heard swooning here and there

solitaire. voice sounds soooo perfect, such control!

deep notes... low... a heart that caaaaaaaaares.....

-----

sreams on that note of solitare

-----

Solitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! That note went on forever.

Without a love it always ends the same.

While life goes on around him everywhere

He's playing Solitaaiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrreeeeeeee.

Great audience response.

-----

fivegoldens said he forgot the lyrics We love him anyway

SCREAMING

-----

where did our love go 

he's went out the back of the stage

one of the girls singing now

-----

Midnight Train to Georgia -- Quiana on lead? the rest on backgrouind -- sporadic screams/laughter - wish I knew what he was doing

My Girl -- Clay singing

don't know..sounded like something unplanned happened..maybe we can find out at intermission

I love how he makes jokes about his strong female fanbase and how the men have to be dragged there. I bet her makes quite a few male fans that way.

Clay ALWAYS makes adjustments...I love that about him...keep changing it up, perfecting it.

Tears of a Clown

-----

rescue me

-----

Man he is WAILING on Heard it through the Grapevine.

-----

HUGE screams.

Clay on Reach Out - I'll Be There!

Oh meant say earlier I heard from a friend that talked to Nick. Nick said Jerome is sick and that he will be joining them in the middle.

-----

Freedom. Very high energy and crowd reaction!

-----

his voice sounds amazing, so much power and control. He's giving it 150% and the crowd is giving it right back. This concert is fantastic. we need a DVD

-----

Talking again

-----

that's the end of that section

Clay says one of the favorits parts of the show

needs some help got the three backgroung singers and the white boy

hes looking for the background singer

trying to find a guy

-----

hes trying to find someone who didn't want to come here tonight

hes coming down into the audience!!!!!!

-----

he's talking about the 70's crowd screaming talking about males being dragged to a clay aiken show he picked someone said you look a little too willing i wanted someone who didnt want to come now hws saying bring the girl who brougt you here too ni\ow he's gone into thd crowd and interviewing the girl,

So Jerome is sick. I bet Skatejoy would like to bring him some soup!!

I am so impressed with Ain;t no mountain high enough...

it was so high energy and Clay was playing with that song like anything...getting better and better everytime

So how did you know about Jerome? did you get that from the boards?

Intermission

-----

Text messaging is going on now.

-----

Per Carouselnut: "OMG, I'm dead!" Recommendation to get on a plane and go see the show!!!

Tailors have done a fantastic job on clothes.

-----

got the dad to help for the 70s

the hat was plaid

not dark enought to see the jumbltrons yet

full house to the lawn

not a lot of standing

-----

she said the guy that was going to be a PIP was with his little daughter and that's who he went down to talk to in the audience. She said the audience is great , standing up and a lot louder than the first 2 shows. she said he is HOT, as in HAWT, and sounds great.

-----

Halftime report: Both Dee and Josie from OMC got interviewed for Buffalo newspaper.

-----

text messaging on jumbotrons at intermission

some really bizarre ones --

parade of people taking pictures up and down the aisle

banter at the end of the first set --

was looking for a husband/wife

found a dad and a kid -- a little girl--dad gets mad at her for playing his CD in the car

dad went backstage for 70s set

actually straddled the mike at one point

venue looks pretty full

some cute interactions onstage

-----

text messages:

OMG Clay you are so something we love you

buffalo new york loves you

you are amazing clay

Clay willyou marry me or will you marry my daughter

we love you froj the bottom of our hearts

please add try a little tenderness

you are the best singer ever i love you

we love you clay

we love quiana angela jacob

we love you and we're in section 200

Clay is back on!! screaming, crowd really wild. hear the music but not the voice very well. He's working at the carwash!!

-----

oh what a night... voice gives me chills when he holds notes, excellent vibrato.

cindy said audience guy onstage and dancing.

-----

oh dear goodness..he is dong something amazing...crowd is so darn loud and ...no ti shirt.....

-----

september

-----

Just completed September!

Nights on Broadway.

I just LURVE this whole section.

Of course, I LURVE the whole show!!

-----

kicking..and dancing.....holy crap..crowd explodes...clay dancing his heart out..kickign like a tiger......crowd loving him...cant make out this song....I cant stay awayyyyyyyyyyy...night on broadway....big explosion ....crowd over riding his voice...must be on bean bag...bee gees....

-----

too much heaven

-----

sitting in the bean bag chair now his knees are up to his chin

-----

what a beat....earth under my feet....think quiana singing...under my feet ..feell the sky...Mandy....OH MY

-----

mandy, i like clay's version a lot better than barry's

-----

he's sitting on a stool for Mandy

-----

bweber said he is so purdy....................oh mandy ..you came and you ....oh mandy ...you gave without staying..oh mandy....hitting those notes ...so perfect....low high low high..oh I love this man...the crowd is really into this one..they are getting hotter all the time.....

-----

I need UUUUU! - OMG!

HUGE cheers.

-----

" THAT MAN CAN DANCE "

He was talking about the 70s and said something about "only one really amazing accomplishment. ME." Laughing, Now into BOTW

-----

BOTW - oh those low notes! THUD

-----

The resonance of Clay's voice, especially in his lower register, is really coming through on BOTW.

-----

your mind Ease your miiiiiiind

the screaming is thunderous still going on

preacher part going on now

From Clayboad/Clayversity ...and Filomena of the CH!

guy in afro...rebbing up crowd now...thye are cheering with him...give me a yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

taking position...in robes...fire robe...lookin like an angel..lookind quiet and serious...WDC....sounds perfect

-----

WDC - OMG the screaming is intense!

And off the scale at the word "scream"!!

-----

Now the robes are off!

-----

so gentel so sweet...breathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and he explodes....with that massive seductive voice...crow is uncontrollable right now....ROBE RIPPED OFF.. and he is off an running..bouncing and working the stage...crows...nuts..I mean nuts...

----

Crowd is having a coronary

-----

dancing with angela...working it to the fullest...boy can this guy move...hands ..well enough said...when doves cry...crowd loving it....laughing going on...dont know what he did...

-----

massive screaming must be major grindage going on. sounds sexy and sultry. completely screws up second verse, starts singing first verse again LOOL

-----

He has the audience beaten into a frenzy! Incredible!

-----

He seemed to be singing the beginning of WDC in more of a falsetto this time -- could be wrong -- the resonance was still there, regardless.

Needless to say, the screams are more or less out of control. *g*

Vocals sound fantastic. This is such a tough song to sing, but he is hitting the notes confidently. He nailed that last "maybe I'm just like my father -- TOO BOLD!"

80s medley beginning, "All Night Long" first.

-----

All Night Long . . the beginning started a little differently, seemed like, but could just be the reception

-----

Never Gonna Give You UP

How Can I Get You ALone

My friends and family are ruining my Clay life!

And of course this would be the clearest cellcert EVAH!

He's going to make me love Sailing, isn't he? Dammit.

yes he is!

Alone

They did an outstanding job on this song.

-----

gee, he wailed on ALone---now they are "rocking the night away

-----

LAUGHING going on..huge laughing..Clay did something..not a clue...sounds like a ballet...opposite side of the stage hard to hear so much screaming.....I know this song..cant think name...but he is blasting it out in fine fashion....way to go Clay..you ROCK...

-----

supper dupper screaming from the crowd...Clay has to be loving this..screwed up a few times..but crowd loved it..he just laughed and went on..love it when he laughs at himself...

-----

Rock With You (Jacob) . . audience clapping along

slower now . . introduction to . . .

Sailing

-----

sounds great ...very soft and gentle...sailing...so smooth

-----

Sailing . . . haunting, soothing melody, and Clay's voice flows over it

fantasy . . when I'm sailing . . . sailing . .

very pretty

-----

Can't touch this is on now. I wish we could touch that!!

My personal song preferences are coming through - loved EOTR enough to be considered a sin - and still don't see any special about Iris. Loved LLVL enough to be forgiven for the sin of lust with EOTR

its time for the 90's i don't know if i will survive this"

-----

talking about lookin like the era..and him in the nineties..crying shame cause we really though we looked good..lol...laughing ...

-----

Said something about " my name's on the ticket."

-----

Clay seems to be ad libbing and interacting with the audience alot more tonight than in the last 2 JBT's

Black Velvet - there's wailin' goin' on! Can't tell by whom, however.

-----

End of the Road - this is breathtaking to me. Absolutely beautiful and passionate. Incredible.

-----

one of the girls singing...southern sky...hit extreme high note..Clay singing now..say goodbye...only love till the end of time..real high...strong...end of the road....

-----

Iris

-----

La Vida Loca

-----

they just exploded again...dedication...dancing fooll......working hips rocking them ....legs are a moving baby...he is exploding....the enter Clay has arrived....

-----

fivegoldens says OMG He got the moves. OMG She whimpers and laughs and says OMG once again. He took off his vest. OMG again. Screams deafening. He's got the moves on that song she says You can tell cuz everyone is yelling She giggles.

He's sitting on a stool. spotlight just on him. some girls screaming.

End of the Road" is absolutely gorgeous.

"Iris" -- still singing the verses an octave higher than the original.

"Living La Vida Loca" -- phrasing sounds very, very convincing on the verses -- I think he is getting better at this song. The crowd is going crazy!

"I Can't Make You Love Me" now -- the screams will not stop during the intro. Clay starts to sing, and the crowd turns its attention to him. Still with the screaming, though.

-----

I Can't Make You Love Me.

Oh but he has and we do.

This is so hauntingly, beautifully gorgeous.

The screaming is intense.

-----

I will Always Love You!! So beautiful.

-----

crowd loving her..she is amazing..this is proof too that AI doesnt have a clue from good to greatness...

-----

Quiana manages the dynamics of "I Will Always Love You" so well -- not just the belting moments, the quiet ones, too. The crowd loves her. When she started, there was at least one, "You go, girl!"

Jacob on sax now.

Glory note for Quiana!! Wow, she is amazing.

-----

whow is all I can say..the crowd with her all the way..she is wonderful..chills..she puts whitney to shame....

-----

Some of the crowd was singing along, and beat Quiana to the "And I" glory part. *g*

Ending the song, getting a huge response.

alspaz says, "That was absolutely amazing. Amazing."

Clay introducing the band now.

-----

CLay talking again..talking about you guys being here all night long..now get out of here..(I think) laughing..now introducing the band and back up and crew..crowds giving their thanks in huge applause

-----

Clay just introduced the crew by name, with some appreciative words about what they do.

Introducing the 2000s. 2000 was eh, 2001 wasn't great and 2002 wasn't, either. But 2003!! *crowd screams*

IWCY -- I love the JBT arrangement of this song! Crisper drumming and Andy Abad, lending his own flavor.

-----

tw.. messed up words lmao

-----

WYSYLM

Talking again. I think he just said if you know it, sing along.

Now starting Back For More! (heee, he knows us so well)

-----

drums a beating...oh my goddness I love this song....so conflicted just cant get enough...radio radioooooooooooooo low low low voice...holy shout...my god the crowd is on theri feet..screaming singing with him he is giving it his all..

-----

You can already hear the crowd singing along....very catchy song!

-----

Mega cheers for Coming Back for More

-----

Just You

I love that last "on the radio" after the bridge, where he does a little ascending run of notes.

Unbelievable. 2 days after its concert debut, a good portion of the crowd appears to be singing along on "Back For More." Great response to the song.

"Just You" now. Screams after the first chorus. Such a tough song to sing -- his wailing is incredible. Really good response after this one -- seemed equal to the response to BFM, but the people who were actually there would be better judges of that.

-----

God I am in tears hear..that was beyond anything I have ever experienced..just you....beautiful...love it...

-----

He sounds very crisp and very on. Can't wait to hear this one live. OMGoodness!!

-----

Screaming intense again.

And Invisible begins.

-----

Your turn!

And the audience sings!!

Make you mine tonight!

-----

crowd fairly quiet..listing and grabbing every word...Invisible..MAJOR SHIRT TUG..CROWD CRAZY WITH EXCITEMENT...

-----

invisible sounds amazing! crowd singing along really loudly.

Okay, I'm finally back from JBT at Darien Lake... (Skatejoy, Buzztechie, sapphire & diamondjake2001 and I got TOTALLY lost on the way home)

Anyway, here is my recap:

GAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

*falls over*

I so don't feel guilty anymore that I'm going to 3 more... Clay is awesome.

Okay, I'm finally back from JBT at Darien Lake... (Skatejoy, Buzztechie, sapphire & diamondjake2001 and I got TOTALLY lost on the way home)

Anyway, here is my recap:

GAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

*falls over* 

I so don't feel guilty anymore that I'm going to 3 more... Clay is awesome.

Nah You can't get away with that...we are waiting for a proper recap....so better get typing...when you are ready of course. LOL

So do you think I will survive my first concert?

eta: Shelley we can wait...for your recap...

You might not, Ansa, so make sure you've made out your last will & testament... ;-)

I will write a proper recap later (although I warn you - I really suck at writing them and I can barely remember anything - exposure to the Aiken erases the memory), but it probably won't be till later (like late tonight or even tomorrow night - I'm kinda busy here at the hotel)...

I'm like Shelley in that my recaps generally stink cause I lack any ability to remember all those fine little details, but here it goes.....

As for the Darien Lake concert last night. I have been to many, many, many Clay concert and I have to say, this was one of the funnest music-wise I have been to. The concert just rocks from start to finish. Clay did a good job in getting Michael Orland to help him with the arrangements.

The 50s and Elvis sets were fantastic and I must say the boy is getting much more comfortable with his dancing. There were lots of hip shakes and very good Elvis moves. He was to-die for on top of that piano.

Back for More was incredible live. This was only the 2nd time I had heard the song (watched it on GMA previously) and I think it is gonna be a big hit. The song was better in Darien Lake than GMA and the crowd was pumping their fists and singing along. Great spring/summer windows-open while driving type of song.

The slower songs, Solitare, BOTW, and Mandy were stunning. Solitare was better than anytime he sung it during the NAT.

I just loved the whole concert and am so glad I am lucky enough to get to see a few more on this tour. I thought half-way through the concert that this was a great idea for Clay to do a tour like this. Build his fan base even greater before his second album. I was also amazed at the number of men in the audience; more than any of Clay's tours previously.

And Quiana's I Will Always Love You ended up being one of the highlights of the evening. It was simply amazing and certainly rivals Whitney Houston herself. She got several standing ovations, one of which was lead by one of the men sitting up near the front.

There was no security so clack gathering was uninhibited (and a mighty big thankyou to Clay and Co for the change in camera policy - Muah). It may take me a while to go through all the photos I took, but they will be posted soon (I hope). At first glance, Skate and I are very happy with the results.

Concerts are always more fun with good friends and btw, never get lost after a concert with ShelleyC, Sapphire, SkateJoy and DJ2001 in your car cause you will be laughing way to much to ever get found again (which we managed to do in the tiny Hamlet of Batavia, NY). And whatever they say about my driving... its all lies. *g*

Skate was of course sad not to see Jerome and even sadder to hear the rumor he may be sick. Anyone know where she can deliver a get well card?

And Ansa..... I am so happy you finally get to see the Aiken live. It will be an amazing experience!! And yes, the last will & testament will be necessary. :D

FABULOUS!!!! Solitaire, Elvis set and the new song were definitely the highlights. Along with the camera policy.

Lowlights??

So Jerome is sick. I bet Skatejoy would like to bring him some soup!!

Poor fella. Just doesn't seem like a tour without him.

I consoled myself by taking hundreds of pictures.... Hee.