July 30, 2005 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake

Couch Tomato

Good Lord, Skate and Buzzie! Those pictures are so incredibly clear and gorgeous! Of course! I expect nothing less from you two! Thanks for sharing! (Skate, I saw yours when I looked at Buzzie's at BoC...I'm guessing there are more? PLEEEEEEEEEASE??!)

:wub:

Edited by institches

Finished putting up my pictures. The main gallery is here.

I also put up some "exclusive" FCA pics here.

I'd like to thank buzzie for all the photo tips and teaching me to automate Photoshop. And Jerome for being a hunkahunka burnin love...oops... I meant for not busting us. And Clay for being so gosh darn cute!

Okay... I really really suck at recaps because Clay has an effect on me of erasing my memory, but here goes my Darien Lake recap:

I loved the show. Love love love love LOVED it. It was more like a musical review than a concert. I thought it was put together brilliantly and I don't know exactly who is responsible for it - Michael Orland or Clay himself, but whoever put together this show did one kick ass job.

My favourite part by far was the Elvis segment. I have never been a huge Elvis fan (considering I was only 3 yrs old or so when Elvis died), but I have always been fascinated by Elvis (I even went to the "Elvis-O-Rama" in Las Vegas a few years ago)... Clay channeled Elvis SO BRILLIANTLY. The hips shakes made my knees just lock and nearly fall over... I had to grab sapphire to keep myself steady. I used to laugh and laugh when I saw those old news reels that showed Elvis or Beatles fans screaming and crying because I could never understand why a woman would do that. To understand me, you have to know that I am NOT emotional at all. I never cry (except maybe at movies or long distance commercials).... but when Clay did the hip shake during the Elvis set, I literally SCREAMED out loud and tears sprung to my eyes. I am officially the biggest dork that ever lived. But I am proud! Clay IS Elvis, y'all. He really is.

What else can I tell you about the concert? The rest of it was great. I just loved the way it was put together. I love "Back for More" and it is totally in my head right now which I think is a good sign (I really really really hope this is his first single from his new album). I loved the 80s part where he keep having to pull up his pants... hee! He had the appropriate costume on and everything - the ripped jeans - but they were too big for him and he kept pulling up his pants... I had to laugh. And the "Living La Vida Loca" part was PERFECT. I heard about this beforehand and I thought - "how on earth is Clay going to pull this off?"... but he TOTALLY did. I loved every minute of it.

Anyway, next Monday (in Vienna) cannot arrive soon enough. I just love that guy. He is so talented and so funny and so smart. I just want to love him and squeeze him and call him George. :)

Well I guess if Shelley can do it I will too.

Shelley, Sapphire & I rode to the concert in SkateJoy & buzzie’s rental car. We had no problem finding the venue, due to Shelley’s detailed planning. The concert was amazing. It really is more like a musical review than a ‘concert.’ Clay does a fantastic job almost becoming the artist he is representing, at least for the icons. His Elvis is not to be missed. I also see teacher Clay in the script of this show. Every decade is introduced by talking about what was happening in the world at the time and how it affected music. They used that time for costume changes & it worked perfectly. The whole show is staged & choreographed wonderfully.

Clay was clearly having a fantastic time & so was the audience. He has wonderful repore with his band & back-ups. They are so amazingly talented. I’m glad Clay has had an on going relationship with many of them. There was lots of minor teasing going on between the girls & Clay. There was one point where Quiana & Angela are sitting on the steps on either side of Clay & he is singing to each of them. Well when he started singing to Quiana, she began making lovey-dovey faces at him & he was doing everything he could not to giggle. I see that SkateJoy caught the moment beautifully. See her FCA pics.

I really, really, really love Back for More. Did I say really? I had downloaded a cleaned up version on my iPod before the trip and lets just say, Sapphire & I almost made Shelley sick of it. Apparently someone forgot to tell me that it is possible to listen to a Clay song too much. ;) I also really like Just You. Clay just wails on it.

After the concert we all piled in buzzie’s car but when we were led out of the venue we couldn’t go back the way we came. Somehow Shelley had not anticipated this & therefore she did not have directions to get back to the hotel. You have to understand that the concert was in the middle of no where & our hotel was also in the middle of no where. Thus began the funniest car ride I think I have ever experienced. Think 1 NYC driver +4 back seat drivers, no locals, no map & all on a Clay high. Squealing in the back seat looking at SkateJoy’s pictures while everyone tries to tell buzzie which way to turn lends for lots of sudden turns, and more squeals. We did find our way home eventually.

It really was a fantastic show. I can't wait to see it again.

I spent some time on my pictures from Darien Lake.  I am NO buzztechie or SkateJoy but because they set my camera for me I did get a few decent pictures.

A few favorites :

lipbite

A bit blurry kissy face

passion

60's/Motown

Blurry but still my favorite

The album is here