#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

I think it's sweet. I think general happiness is all anyone wants for Clay but I can understand the excitement and hope for the IIT IIU. Clay fans can be over the top but this one doesn't bother me at all. And it goes to show how much I know about the OFC..didn't realize Clay's personal life was off limits.

Some posts are general and some do say things if you read between the lines. But I think its very much the fans way of telling Clay that when he is ready to be public about a relationship, he does not have to be afraid of reactions because we are happy for him. So whether Clay and Reed are together or not, I hope this thread can ease any fears he may have about it.

I think it's sweet. I think general happiness is all anyone wants for Clay but I can understand the excitement and hope for the IIT IIU. Clay fans can be over the top but this one doesn't bother me at all. And it goes to show how much I know about the OFC..didn't realize Clay's personal life was off limits.

That's pretty much me too...right down to the OFC news. *shrug*

Sure, there are some fans that are probably going to take the IIU IIT to new highs (or lows). But speaking for me personally...I DO want happiness for Clay, whether it be part of a relationship or not. So I see no problem with wishing him happiness.

I agree with Fear on one thing -- I'd sure like to see new pictures of Parker soon. :dadrocks:

Some posts are general and some do say things if you read between the lines. But I think its very much the fans way of telling Clay that when he is ready to be public about a relationship, he does not have to be afraid of reactions because we are happy for him. So whether Clay and Reed are together or not, I hope this thread can ease any fears he may have about it.

I don't think Clay has any concerns or fears about us "approving" of any relationship he may or may not be in. At least i hope not!! "We" should not enter into anything involved in his personal life!

Now see...I'm MUCH more interested in info and pics about Clay and his happy relationship with a loving partner than I am in seeing pics of Parker. Parker, to me, is truly truly truly private and personal and I don't NEED pics...I'm sure he's a darling baby with big lungs! :cryingwlaughter:

But I'll take any pics at all of Clay smiling and looking as hawt and happy as he does in that one group shot with Reed, Hannah and two unnamed friends. THAT makes me almost giddy with glee for him.

I have no desire to leave a message for Clay in the OFC thread described. I've let Clay know in many ways that I'm with him...whatever...I've got his back.

sigh

Damn it. :glare:

I'd prefer his front, but hey....I'll take any part at all. :sleezy:

I guess I just want a rumor to be treated as a rumor until there is hard (Hee, muski! That one is for you!) evidence that it is fact - like a statement from Clay or a picture of them making out or holding hands or something.

But alas, in this fandom that is but a dream......

Anyway, I have found the REAL reason Spamalot is closing. You may think its because of falling sales or the economic crisis, but no! It is because of THIS!

Since Clay has indicated he was afraid he would be booed after his I'm-gay announcement, he might find some comfort in knowing that the fans that haven't bailed don't give a shit about his sexuality and wish him well. That seems pretty ok with me.

ACK! Yeah, Spam just couldn't go on without anymore Polaroid peasant pics!

I think the thread at the OFC is harmless. I wish Clay happiness no matter who he may or may not be with - that's just a given. Don't think it's hurting anything for people to express that, might even be helpful to some who realize that they really do care about the guy and he's the same guy he's always been. :shrug:

Oh, and YES to Parker pics, if he'd care to share any with us. baby_wave.gif

I guess I just want a rumor to be treated as a rumor until there is hard (Hee, muski! That one is for you!) evidence that it is fact - like a statement from Clay or a picture of them making out or holding hands or something.

Anyway, I have found the REAL reason Spamalot is closing. You may think its because of falling sales or the economic crisis, but no! It is because of THIS!

cute

For me what would be the point of coming here everyday if we waited for clay to officially tell us something to even discuss it We've been speculating around here since 2003. That's what fans do. You know... when I think about it, I've had lots of fun this year chatting about these rumors..despite the fact that TMZ published the Parker rumors first, I still had fun with the whole IIT IIU. We've speculated about him and every woman under the sun so honestly don't see what's so different now. I think it's quite fun actually.

I don't think Clay has any concerns or fears about us "approving" of any relationship he may or may not be in. At least i hope not!! "We" should not enter into anything involved in his personal life!

That's true. But, let me ask a question: how many of us have gone home to our parents, long after we've gone off and established our lives, only to worry about what Mommy and Daddy, or our friends from home, think about us? It's happened to me a lot. So as much as Clay shouldn't worry about what some of his fans (whom I sometimes call "his collective group of Mommies," because more than a few have nothing to do but worry about HIM) think about what's going on his life, I would think that it's only human for him to feel that way. And wanda makes a very good point about his comment about his being afraid to be booed after coming out.

But I'll take any pics at all of Clay smiling and looking as hawt and happy as he does in that one group shot with Reed, Hannah and two unnamed friends. THAT makes me almost giddy with glee for him.

Speaking of which..

Another cute Clay, Hannah, Reed & friends friends shot posted at CV tonight:

HannahClayReedFriends.jpg

That just needed to be posted again...

Again, true...but I've sure seen quite a bit of IIU, IIT around here. Besides, this fandom isn't real patient for "facts." I guess I just don't worry about it all that much in this instance, just because it's a very happy rumor.

And seeing a picture of them making out? :::dies::::

Gag.Barf.Blech.

Sitting here with the television on Mute...and out of the corner of my eye I see my husband frantically waving. I look up and there's a promo for tomorrow's "TRUE!" Hollywood Story by E!..

What a freakin' sorry excuse for a show. WTF? How they dare call it 'true' when neither Clay himself or anyone close to him is interviewed or asked for info, I do NOT know.

And you know what? What will predictably happen AFTER the show? Emails, calls, blogs out the wazoo from indignant "Claymates"---to the E! show, all over the freakin internet....DEFENDERS! Unite!

oy.

OOlsee, what a funny cat picture! Where do you get them??

Glad it gave you a chuckle. I spent waaay too much time yesterday looking at funny cat, dog, and 'fail' pictures.

For example, as a Clay Aiken fan, I liked this one:

1170049831402.jpg

Hee!

Heeeeee! Thanks for sharing that link. There are some really cute and funny pics on that site!

Have a great time Luckiest1 and I hope the sky it clear while you are there because tomorrow night will be the biggest and brightest full moon of the year.

Full Moon

I look forward to reading the recap of your enthusiastic response to Clay's and the cast's performance .

One of the pieces of music on Reed's My Space is by Muse. On their webpage that song has received over 8 million hits.

I had no clue who they were until yesterday.

I really like some of Muse's songs! Particularly Supermassive Black Hole.

Well, I am having serious withdrawal symptoms...have not seen Clay live since last Christmas and if he does not tour until summer; it will be almost two years! I am really missing not having a Clay concert this year...it has become a tradition. I know some are tired of the Christmas shows, but I love the Christmas season and I love listening to Clay sing Christmas songs.

Kim

I was really sad a couple of weeks ago about not seeing a Clay Christmas show this year. It helped to listen to AIW over and over, and then to be involved in a local Christmas show a couple of days ago. But I'm gonna be in serrrrrrriousssss withdrawal if he doesn't do some kind of concert tour in 2009! There's nothing like concert!! Clay!!

GR109.jpg

GR106.jpg

jeans.jpg

186441439-O.jpg

IMG_0891_tagged.jpg

After all the crap we, Clay included, has had to put up with in just the last 6 months alone, I think having a happiness thread is great. I love reading the boards and seeing people being excited or happy for Clay, even if at this point it is only a rumor. At least its a good one. And while I don't think Clay is going to make any decisions based on what his fans think, I do think he appreciates the support.

And I just want to go on record that I want to see pictures of both Parker and Reed, but mainly if they also have Clay in them. Parker is adorable and Reed is cute, although not as cute as Clay in my opinion, but Clay is my man.

Hate E!. Hate their show. Would rather watch FOX news.

I'm ba-a-a-a-a-a-ck!!!!!!!! :)

First things first, I haven't been in rain like this for quite a while. OMG! The subway is 5 blocks from the hotel, then the Shubert is about 5 more block from the subway. No problem - except it just pissing down! And it's cold, too, and windy. Even with the umbrella, we got soaked. I hope our shoes and coats will dry for tomorrow. Hee, I hope the freaking rain will stop by tomorrow! Someone told us it might freeze rain tomorrow. Ugh. Might have to break down and take some taxis if that's the case.

Ok, more important things - Spam report! EEEEEEEEEEEE! So cool to write one myself and not have to cut and paste. First, we headed to John's Pizzeria as I have never experienced it but read so much about it in other recaps. It was great, and such a cool setting. We were seated upstairs, and the ceiling is really cool, as is the mural on the wall that depicts the city from an aerial view, but also has some of the light fixtures from the restaurant painted in.

As I mentioned, we had 2nd row seats, B101 & B102. The best seats I've ever had for the show (this is my 7th time). We saw Clay scoot up the stairs to the tower just as the show started, and he really has changed up his delivery of the lines, hasn't he? He did do the sing songy "anyways" though. Gosh, don't know how many details I can remember, I just remember smiling and laughing through the whole thing, I was in awe of all that was happening on that stage. He made the warding off evil sign with his triangle. His facial expressions are very different from what I remember in May....more exaggerated, maybe? He just seemed to be having so much fun up there! He really did get right down to the ground to look up the girls skirts, and he pointed too. He really flirted with the girl dressed in white who hands him his torch, big time. He was hilarious after they climb the "mountain" and then climb back down and come across the stage to do the slo-mo bit. My son and I were dying laughing during that whole thing. Clay had his tongue working overtime, and was doing some seriously deep knee bends. During the "run away" bit, one of the guys who is dressed as a can-can dancer rubbed up against him, and then one of the girls put her skirt right over his head. Oh, and during the spring-summer-winter-water scene, he seemed quite concerned about his hair getting wet. I remember a lot of screaming right before they all run off stage for intermission, too. Hee.

Will write the second half in another post, because I don't want to lose this part and this connection can be spotty at times.

Since Clay's personal life is off limits at the OFC there is a thread where if you are so inclined you can wish Clay happiness.

http://forums.clayonline.com/showthread.php?t=15582

You have to be logged in to see it.

Wait a second. There is a thread wishing Clay happiness in a relationship we don't even know he is in????

I wish him happiness period. But this? This is over the top! This fandom is really kind of sick sometimes. Bits and pieces of information put together by nosey fans and an article in the Star of all places and suddenly we're wishing him happiness?

What's next, a bridal shower??

Geez!

I kind of agree with this actually..its one thing to discuss it here, but there is a reason that its against the TOU to discuss his private life over there, and while some are general, there are some that are rather pointed that make me a bit uncomfortable...I just remember him talking so much about being a private person, and I dunno...anyways, obviously if It makes me uncomfortable I dont have to post there, Ive said I wanted him to be happy in plenty of places..dont gotta do it in every one lol doesnt make me a bad person.

hey its only like my 10th post and Im already disagreeing...all is right with the world lol

Audience report - everyone was laughing and Clay got some good cheers. I have no idea how full it was because I didn't even look to see, I was just too focused on the important stuff, like the stage. ;) There was a mother/daughter team sitting behind us in row C, and we chatted with them for a bit. They live in Jersey City and it was their 7th show as well. There was a lady from Ottawa sitting directly behind us in C101 with her husband, and another Clay fan in A101. Lots of Clay fans in the section closer to the wall across from us. I had a gentleman and his wife beside me, who were surprised that Clay Aiken was in the show. The gentleman advised his wife that he would be playing King Arthur before the show started. I didn't say a word. By intermission they had figured it out, LOL.

So, second half........Clay's solo comes quick, doesn't it? I was hardly prepared, and then there he was, right in front of me. OMG. He had some serious tongue going on and his eyes seem very focused directly in the centre of the crowd. Tomorrow we have row G centre so it will be interesting from that angle, I think. :) Anyways, he seemed quite excited with our cheers and applause, but the king really doesn't do the "gosh" line the way Jonathan Hadary did. It is over so quick, and doesn't have the same effect. Other than that bit, I quite liked the new king. He plays the part very differently, but overall I think it works quite well. The new LOTL has a wonderful voice and she's gorgeous, but she doesn't quite have enough personality to pull of the part like Hannah did. I give her credit for trying, though. That's a lot to live up to.

Ok, what else can I say about the second half? Clay pooping his pants.....hilarious.....it's a three part thing somehow. During one of the scenes, he turned to Rick and I read his lips say "I shit myself". :cryingwlaughter: The Knights of Ni scene was hilarious, Rick did his usual "ni pang, olay, biscuit barrel" thingy and then whispered "want to buy a senate seat?". Cracked the whole crowd up. When Rick came out as Tim the Enchanter, he only came out part way, then for some reason he went back, and came out again, and the flames sputtered and died. Rick was adlibbing like crazy, and then when he talked about "visible supporting devices" he dropped a couple of feet, I mean he was almost touching the killer rabbit's head. It was hilarious.

The peasant seat was C101 and the explanations were really funny....the Jewish CIA ("C I oy!") and Rick's line about the koi drew some laughs as well. The lady behind us knew she was going to be picked but she still seemed v.v. nervous and was visibly shaking (at least from where I was sitting) but she did well. Clay waved at her and didn't try to shake her hand. He was just beaming at her, even after she sat back down, which was kinda cool, seeing as how we were in his line of sight. Heh, ok so I can pretend with the best of them.

In the finale scene, we had great seats for his dancing, but when he was over on the other side of the stage with the two guys on either side of him, he just leaned against the wall and let them do the dancing. At the curtain call, Clay was just hilarious, he was doing all sorts of weird things with his mouth during the song, in time with the words. He couldn't catch any confetti (he kept trying) and he finally picked some up off the ground so he could blow it out through is fist at the end. When the curtain came down he was doing this funny jumping thing, one leg and then the other, with his knees bent. He seemed to be having so much fun. We did go out to the stage door and wait with some others, but eventually a guy came out and told us Clay had already left. I figured he wouldn't do it with such pissy weather but I didn't want to take that for granted either. I will try again tomorrow, because it would be cool to get a picture if I could.

So now that I have all that off my chest, I think I can go to sleep. Night all!

I believe the peasant was gerwhisp from CB.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for NY. I'll be there until Sunday. I have tickets for both shows on Saturday and the matinee on Sunday. I'm not trusting my flight tomorrow, so I didn't get a ticket for Friday night. I might do SRO.

Paulette

Wow, there are so many FCAers coming this weekend, we should have done a dinner or something!

Ok, so I lied, I still can't sleep. I remembered something else.....he sang a gorgeous, but simple, amen tonight. Never heard him do it before. No vocal gymnastics, but lovely, caught me by surprise. The other knights copied it as well.

cha cha trusty

Lotus - I sure hope it stops raining before tomorrow night! I'd sure love to see that moon!! I love taking photos of full moons - it must be an obsession!! whistling-1.gif

a moon picture for you. Moonrise behind Mt. Hamilton

Luckiest Thanks for the recap and I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow.

cha cha trusty
Lotus - I sure hope it stops raining before tomorrow night! I'd sure love to see that moon!! I love taking photos of full moons - it must be an obsession!! whistling-1.gif

a moon picture for you. Moonrise behind Mt. Hamilton

Luckiest Thanks for the recap and I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow.

WOW - that is one fantastic full moon picture!! Just WOW!!

Thanks Lotus! :BlowKiss:

luckiest!!! so glad you're having a great time. Thanks for the recap!!

Haven't seen any E! promos since I wouldn't have the channel on my television screen if you paid me. I do hope that people can resist the need to defend - he's asked us enough different ways now - and just ignore it. I know it won't happen, but I can hope! Haven't seen a word or pic of any of the tabloid shit thus far (know it exists, but I haven't ever looked at any of it) and don't intend to start with this one.

I know everything I need to know about Clay Aiken, and he makes me very, very happy. If he has even a fraction of the joy he's given me, then he's a happy, happy man. I wish him that.

Gag.Barf.Blech.

Sitting here with the television on Mute...and out of the corner of my eye I see my husband frantically waving. I look up and there's a promo for tomorrow's "TRUE!" Hollywood Story by E!..

What a freakin' sorry excuse for a show. WTF? How they dare call it 'true' when neither Clay himself or anyone close to him is interviewed or asked for info, I do NOT know.

And you know what? What will predictably happen AFTER the show? Emails, calls, blogs out the wazoo from indignant "Claymates"---to the E! show, all over the freakin internet....DEFENDERS! Unite!

oy.

Hopefully "the defenders" have given up the ship and will just let it roll by them. Clay has given his opinion on this so many times, I hope they heard.

I believe the peasant was gerwhisp from CB.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for NY. I'll be there until Sunday. I have tickets for both shows on Saturday and the matinee on Sunday. I'm not trusting my flight tomorrow, so I didn't get a ticket for Friday night. I might do SRO.

Paulette

Have a great time Thankful! Hope you meet up with the rest of the gang.

Luckiest, thank you, thank you. It's nice to see a recap from someone I know. Have another great time tonight. I hope you and your son get in some sightseeing today. Hopefully the rain has moved on.

ETA :yeahthat:cindylu.

Good Morning Everyone,

Luckiest1 Sounds like you had a great time...thanks for the report! I miss Clay!

Quick question...I logged on this morning and discovered all my bookmarks in firefox are gone! Anyone have any ideas on how I can restore them? Is it even possible? I thought about system restore but I was hoping there was another way. Thanks.

23 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

45 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim