#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Count me in on not having any connection and noing what is going on. I read statement from people that read as if what they are writing as fact and that everyone should know what they are talking about. I sometimes think I really am not part of this fanthom. I sometimes feel like an outsider looking in. I like reading everything about Clay but know no back channels and I am surpised at times when comments are made. Sure I like reading about Clay's personal life until it gets to invasive. I feel bad for him at times that he has to put up with some real OTT fans. I just hope that he never decides that he does not what to deal with it and chuck it all in. I want to hear that voice for a long time.

I think there is a lot of shipping, wishful thinking, assumptions. But nowhere have I seen a picture of Clay and Reed holding hands or otherwise showing affection. I did see a photoshop of the picture with five people and they took out Hanna so Clay and Reed were face to face. Ugh!!

Reed bringing flowers to Spamalot, going with Clay to Rosie's gala, someone saying that Clay went to Wicked many times. I guess depending on how you see things, it's friendship or romance. At Spring Awakening supposedly Jaymes was with them. Does this change things? I don't know.

Having been a CPA for many years, I tend to need evidence for anything to be fact. Just my way. On the other hand I could only be happy for Clay to have a true romantic relationship. He deserves it. So although I'm hoping, I'm also waiting. I need evidence or Clay to say something. :boredsmiley:

Can you tell I'm off work today? And my cookies are out of the oven?

I think there is a lot of shipping, wishful thinking, assumptions. But nowhere have I seen a picture of Clay and Reed holding hands or otherwise showing affection.

Reed bringing flowers to Spamalot, going with Clay to Rosie's gala, someone saying that Clay went to Wicked many times. I guess depending on how you see things, it's friendship or romance. At Spring Awakening supposedly Jaymes was with them. Does this change things? I don't know.

Having been a CPA for many years, I tend to need evidence for anything to be fact. Just my way. On the other hand I could only be happy for Clay to have a true romantic relationship. He deserves it. So although I'm hoping, I'm also waiting. I need evidence or Clay to say something. :boredsmiley:

Heh. You may be waiting a while. We have no idea.

:onsoapbox:

Here's how I see things in this fandom at the moment...I think there's a few extremists that as soon as a picture of Clay within 10 yards of Reed surfaced, they had them married (even though gay marriage is only legal in a handful of states) and in an apartment in NYC with a white picket fence overlooking the alleyway below. I also think there are a few extremists that will see a picture someday of Clay and his boyfriend (whomever it might be), sitting on each other's laps, sucking face like there's no tomorrow...and someone will demand that the picture is photoshopped and still won't believe a thing. Then -- there's the whole wide middle section. Those who think Clay and Reed may or may not be an item, mentally keeping in their heads "IIT, IIU," and having fun with the whole thing. That's certainly where I fall, and I just have to remind myself to ignore the extremists. And to not take everything on a message board so personally. I know I've been guilty of that...

For the record, Fear, I am NOT saying you are one of the extremists -- you have every right to want to wait for some more proof. But for some reason, your post sparked my soapbox.

ETA: this extremism I see also happened before Clay's coming out. It happened with every woman around him too. Not to mention the extremism over RCA... It just seems to happen as part of this fandom. Maybe it's a message board culture thing?

I did see a photoshop of the picture with five people and they took out Hanna so Clay and Reed were face to face. Ugh!!

Now this? *sigh* Whatever.

BTW, if you want to read what I feel is a great article on gay marriage, read Newsweek's latest cover story.

Finally -- EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I heard Clay's version of OHN on the radio! First time to hear Clay this season! What was cool is that this is a station that frequently doesn't say who the singer is...but this time they did, and mentioned that he was finishing up his run in Spamalot. This made me very happy!

Well, unfortunately I don't have time to catch up with where the thread has gone and is going, but I just wanted to tell all ye FCA-ers that I'm heading out until about the 22! I'm going on a Christmas trip with my mother--and a fully loaded iPod of Clack! Let's see how long before my mother tells me to play some Bo Bice...

ETA: Well, not fully loaded, exactly... only about four gigabytes. Hah!

Ldyj Thanks for the link; I tried for a half hour and none of the suggestions worked...so I did it the old-fashioned way...just re-bookmarked everything.

I don't think anything that is going on now with Reed and Clay regarding shipping, etc...is any different than what has been going on in the fandom since day one with every female that has come in contact with Clay. So we have a lot of romantics in the fandom that are enjoying the notion of Clay and Reed being a couple; I think it is a strong possibility and I don't see any harm in it as long as it is kept in perspective. There are always going to be OTT fans who cross boundries but I think Clay can handle it and probably has already informed Reed of who they are.

I don't consider it an invasion of Clay's privacy when pictures are on a public site; when he has been seen in public with someone.

Personally, I have always felt that posting pictures of Clay's crotch...especially early in the fandom when they were accompanied by arrows and measurements, etc....that to me has been more of an invasion of Clay's privacy than speculation on his love life.

I do think there are some fans who may be comfortable with the idea of him being gay but are very uncomfortable with the actual reality of being gay and therefore, are trying to stifle any conversation or speculation on Clay, Reed and their relationship.

As always, if the shoe doesn't fit, please don't take offense.

Kim

Have fun! Anyhoo, I like Bo too - just not as much as Clay!

Thanks! I have nothing against Bo either. I think my mom only likes him b/c he's from Alabama, though. :lol:

EDIT: BWAHA muskifest!!

Personally, I have always felt that posting pictures of Clay's crotch...especially early in the fandom when they were accompanied by arrows and measurements, etc....that to me has been more of an invasion of Clay's privacy than speculation on his love life.

:whistling-1:

Me, too, akim!

Now excuse me while I go try to shave off these most recent 8.25 inches which oddly just grew onto my nose while I was typing.

:whistling-1:

Me, too, akim!

Now excuse me while I go try to shave off these most recent 8.25 inches which oddly just grew onto my nose while I was typing.

:thbighug-1: Even thought I am not one into smutting; I know some enjoy it and I really do know how to use the scroll bar if it gets a little too hinky for me...everyone's fandom is different and that is what makes this thing such a rollercoaster...would be pretty boring otherwise.

(and do you know how much I love that I can actually say that here without getting edited all over the place...big smooch to all the mods!)

Kim

Hey, Muskifest i so enjoy you smutting! When I have a bad day I just read your post and have to laugh. You write what some of us are thinking.

I have no problems with the post with Clay and Reed IIT but some people that I have read elsewhere are a little OTT and I for one have not gone over to Reed's myspace, that in my opinion is OTT.

I think Im somewhere in the middle..I dont really care about anyones love life (maybe its cause Im at the age where it seems like everyone in my life cares about mine lol) and I did have an "awww" moment that I posted about, but I cant see it as something that Ill dwell on to much, Ive never been a shipper..and Ive really needed to know that part of his life (even when I thought he was straight) but I know that everyone isnt like me (darn it all hehe) and everyones fandom is different..for me, even when it was women and people had them basically married off it made me uncomfortable...Im a romantic in the figurative sense, where I like love stories...and I like love songs..but I dont really think about celebrities love lives to much, even Clay..though I love him, I love his voice, I love the person and I want him to be happy, but I dont really think of what that means, or where that happiness comes from..I dont dwell to much on it, I hope he is happy personally, professionaly etc.

dont know if that makes sense..

(Im not a smutter either hee I dont know where I belong! :) Ive tried the smutting thing, and Im horribly bad at it lol oftentimes if I smut, its completely on accident)

My sister is a real Bo Bice fan. She has seen him more than I have seen Clay and had a meet and greet. The picture is in a big collage when you go down her basement. He husband teases her alot and tells me her photo albums of Bo are done to perfection and her albums of her three children are not finished. They are 21,18 and 12. I have never had a meet and greet but my husband I think would give me a real hard time if I put mine and Clay's picture up on the wall. He does not know I got my picture taken at Spam with Clay. I just do not go there. He is tolerant to a point. Got to love him. He just does not understand, must be a guy thing.

I really do know how to use the scroll bar if it gets a little too hinky for me

:blink:

Well. I've always considered myself anything but naive, but please....DO tell....What the hell is "hinky"? Is it even smuttier than "kinky"?

Huh? Huh? :hubbahubba: Is it? Is it? :sleezy:

:cryingwlaughter:

Lawd Jesus! I have been totally worthless today at the office. Haven't done a lick of work that's worth anything....

(muski grabs onto the word 'lick' and begins to think of.....pictures of crotches and measurements and arrows and whatnot..... ;))

I think there is a lot of shipping, wishful thinking, assumptions. But nowhere have I seen a picture of Clay and Reed holding hands or otherwise showing affection. I did see a photoshop of the picture with five people and they took out Hanna so Clay and Reed were face to face. Ugh!!

Another accountant checking in *g*

I agree with you, Fear. I have no problem with it at all, but I just have seen absolutely no evidence that they are a couple. And as to the article that someone told me about in the Star (?) that says basically that Reed and Clay are raising Parker together, and Jaymes has abandoned him to them..... :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: :hysterical: Good God.

If Clay's happy.....I'm happy. :) And he certainly seems to be.

Since Clay's personal life is off limits at the OFC there is a thread where if you are so inclined you can wish Clay happiness.

http://forums.clayonline.com/showthread.php?t=15582

You have to be logged in to see it.

Wait a second. There is a thread wishing Clay happiness in a relationship we don't even know he is in????

I wish him happiness period. But this? This is over the top! This fandom is really kind of sick sometimes. Bits and pieces of information put together by nosey fans and an article in the Star of all places and suddenly we're wishing him happiness?

What's next, a bridal shower??

Geez!

I kind of agree with this actually..its one thing to discuss it here, but there is a reason that its against the TOU to discuss his private life over there, and while some are general, there are some that are rather pointed that make me a bit uncomfortable...I just remember him talking so much about being a private person, and I dunno...anyways, obviously if It makes me uncomfortable I dont have to post there, Ive said I wanted him to be happy in plenty of places..dont gotta do it in every one lol doesnt make me a bad person.

hey its only like my 10th post and Im already disagreeing...all is right with the world lol

But what's worse, you're agreeing with me! Now THAT will get you in real trouble over here! :cryingwlaughter:

Welcome, by the way!

I know we have a thread for this already...but can people recommend places to eat in NYC (along with locations)? I need to look up John's Pizza -- do I need reservations? How close is it to the Shubert? The cheesecake makes Juniors a given, and I do know where that is. Hubby and I are staying in Times Square (got a decent deal through Priceline -- still more than I've ever spent on a hotel though), and will be looking for other places to eat. couchie, why do you like Carmine's so much? How close is it to Times Square?

Ldyj, my lurker friend and I have fallen in love with Simply Pasta. Its on 41st between Broadway and 6th. The food is great - if you like Italian - and it is very reasonable. We ate the first when we went up to NY to play without Clay in August and went back when we were last there. I highly recommend it. It is not open on Sundays, though, and only open from 4pm to 9pm on Saturdays. Not sure of their hours during the week because I am never there then!

If you like Japanese food, we found a great deal for lunch. They have a lunch special that runs I think from 11am to 3pm and for $9.00 you get a bowl of miso soup or a salad and then your choice of either 2 rolls or some other stuff. Its very good! Only thing is I can't remember the name or where it is, but I can look it up when I get home.

Thankful! Have a blast...and tell me how winging it for SRO works, too, 'kay? :lilredani:

luckiest---stay dry and keep those reports coming!

No problem getting a SRO ticket. I was there around 5:00 and there were several SRO available. I got center orch 105. I hope I can handle standing/leaning for two hours.

Luckiest contacted me about getting together and so did another member. I'm trying to work out the details. It will be nice to meet some of the members here.