#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Ohhh, I know what I forgot again! The amen! It was gorgeous, a full out amen, like he did at the May 4th show last spring. In fact, I think he even went down lower than that time. The other knights tried to copy it but petered out at the end, heh.

On our way to the subway last night, we passed a guy selling Obama & McCain condoms. I mean, WTF????? :lmaosmiley-1:

No accountant here - math was always my worst subject. OTOH, I got straight A's in english, writing & anything creative. hee

so where do I fit..I have a journalism degree but have always worked in accounting.

Couchie, you could do what my husband did for a living, take the corporate numbers and write a great story about them for the newswires and the annual report. His degrees were in finance and English literature. I think he is a feeling a little guilty about some of those stories as the companies he worked for are either part of the bail out or close to bankruptcy. A good writer can make roses out of stinkweed. :D

Thankful and luckiest- Thanks for the recaps. Glad you are having such a great time. Clay looked great at the stagedoor.

I only went one time this go round and my husband is still talking about what a great show Spam is. :dancingpickle:

Missed the E show as I was WFI last night. I'll probably download the FFFless version and burn to DVD and watch sometime. FFF was never a part of Clay's life story. They might just as easily have added one of his teachers, who was more of an influence on his life. Obviously the people who were really important in formulating his life story were not available :8:

Never liked E! no matter how positive it was. If certain channels go bankrupt I wouldn't even notice. Actually, just leave the food and HGTV and I'm happy.

:bier: FromClaygary. Glad I'm not alone in a state of skeptism.

He looks so goooooooooood!!! It looks like quite a few people out there - glad you were able to get up close!

I'm also glad that E! apparently didn't trash Clay too badly. My problem with it is that people see scumbags like J P appearing to have any kind of credibility for something relatively benign from a 'legit' (excuse me while I barf) network. So when he spews his insane, hateful crap on oh say, Howard Stern... It's a slippery slope. I used to be a real celeb 'news' junky - bought the tabs, watched ET, etc. Now I just find it all so repugnant, and not just when it's about Clay. I do think it's different when the subject is a willing participant - but even then their creative editing leaves a bad taste. Mehhh.

I can not believe how young he looks in those pictures. You would not know he is 30. That crooked smile just gets to me.

I watched the you-tube segments of the E show last night. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, they did not show the JP part. I may change my mind once I see that. I have to rely on it showing up on you-tube or CU because I do not have cable.

Went to my Christmas Party for work last night. They were playing Christmas music, all of a sudden I heard that voice for OHN. The organizer said she purposely put the album on just for me. They only played the first two songs before they had a game and turned it off, but it was a surprise.

Thanks wandacleo for the report on the E! thing. I've seen my share of those in the past and they have never been an hour of trashing so I wasn't really all that worried about it. They have to give some rationalization for actually airing the show and if he is isn't relavant why bother. Anyway I'll wait for the clack because I just can't watch E!

So wonderful to read the reports from our own members. I can feel your excitement. Thank you so much for sharing. Lucky don't know how you do such detailed reporting. Around Clay I'm usually ..wow he was great, just great... and cute and great. hee.

What are the E story on youtube filed under? I can't seem to find them with Clay's name and Hollywood or E! or ????

What name are they marked with???

They are in the vaults now - under E Channel

Thanks - but if anyone knows how to find it on youtube - I'd still like to know!! :)

It keeps getting mentioned but I can't find it!

(downloading now..) :D

Thanks for that!!!

It's so weird!! I type ETHS Clay Aiken into the search window and it still doesn't come up!!

That blond guy on the left sure is cute! Now I know I've seen him somewhere!!!

merrieeee.... I totally agree, he does look familiar... :cryingwlaughter: CUTE, too!

I hear lots of things, but that's because aliens are beaming radio transmissions into my brain via the fillings in my teeth. :alien31:

bottle... BWAH!!! Let me know when the aliens are coming down to visit. I have the heavy duty foil.

What surprised me about the ETHS, was how repetitive the footage they used was. The Invisible video, AI show, AI tour, the Disney parade, a very early collage and some early interviews were all repeated again and again. Of course, there was nothing from any of the concert tours as most of our beloved clack couldn't be televised without legal problems. There almost no network stuff - no PrimeTime, no Kimmel, none of the morning shows. Just one snippet of a Christmas appearance. Even though they talked about the Regis & Kelly gig, and showed footage of Regis, there was nothing from Clay's show. Probably just a matter of fees, clearances or competitors. Non-fans would probably not be aware of it, but it screamed low-budget, quickie, grind it out.. Not that that should surprise me.

I suspect Holleman was the source for all the early pictures and vids as there were none of the ones used in LTS. I would guess they couldn't get permission for any of that.

Should I be embarrassed that I recognized where 90% of the clips came from? Knew almost all the players and could immediately point out factual errors? Can you say, a bit too invested?? :cryingwlaughter:

As for content - whatever.... :wordpooper:

Ever have one of those days?

The morning started off OK, with breakfast and the paper. The project for the day is making home-made cheese crackers, which is becoming a tradition at our house. Everyone makes cookies at this time of the year -- why not make something a bit different? Anyway, I pulled out the food processor to shred the cheese (yes, it tastes better to shred the cheese fresh, rather than buy pre-shredded stuff)...only to have the processor die on me. So, off to Bed Bath and Beyond for an early Christmas present, a new food processor. Everything now works like a charm.

Hubby and I had just started baking crackers when the mail came. Hmmmm, letters from our bank. Overdrawn? WHAT?!?!?!? Sure enough, looking through the check register vs. the online statements -- I spaced out and didn't transfer money from savings to checking. In late November. Yes, almost 2 weeks of paying bills and Christmas shopping will now be overdrawn. I'm going to have to go to the bank on Monday morning and see if I can talk them out of most of the overdrawn fees. This has happened only one other time to us, so I hope they are forgiving.

I'm glad luckiest1 had a fantastic time last night, and all the FCA people will enjoy themselves today as well!

Anyone got a smiley Clay picture to make me feel better? *g*

This one from last night...

_SD_12_9_2.jpg

....reminded me of this one from a few years ago. Neck curls and sideburns (only thing missing is that :sigh: gorgeous, sexy, stubble) ... I still want to snuggle in and nibble on that neck :whistling-1:

clay_inhoodie.jpg

Crap. I accidentally closed my browser while I was typing up an intermission report from Scarlett and lost it all.

I'm too lazy to type it all again so here are a few things and Scarlett can fill in the rest later:

Belvedere's mustache fell off while he was explaining the rabbit plan. The resulting ad-lib wasn't at all smooth. Everyone just stared at it. Eventually, Belvedere picked it up and said he was using it to cover up a rash. But then it started falling off again. His ending line "we just leave it here and walk away" turned into something like at one point we can walk away. Basically, he just wanted the scene to end. When the French taunters poked their heads out of the doorway, Rick said, "Boy, that scene took a long time."

When Clay was handed the torch he did a dance that was halfway between a shimmy and a thrust.

During the slo-mo part, Rick and Clay were interacting with each other. Clay was making faces at Rick and Rick brushed his own arm off in response like Clay was giving him cooties.

There were a couple of new ensemble people so things didn't go exactly as planned all the time. Scarlett can tell you all the details tonight.

Finally have a minute to check in...WFI this morning and then I had a Memorial Service this afternoon; those are always tough during the Holidays.

So now I am in my comfy robe waiting for the repeat of THS; I have seen so many different opinions, some liked it, some did not...so I need to see for myself to judge.

Claymatron I may have to fight you for Clay's neck...perhaps we can each take a side?

Kim

Crap. I accidentally closed my browser while I was typing up an intermission report from Scarlett and lost it all.

I'm too lazy to type it all again so here are a few things and Scarlett can fill in the rest later:

Belvedere's mustache fell off while he was explaining the rabbit plan. The resulting ad-lib wasn't at all smooth. Everyone just stared at it. Eventually, Belvedere picked it up and said he was using it to cover up a rash. But then it started falling off again. His ending line "we just leave it here and walk away" turned into something like at one point we can walk away. Basically, he just wanted the scene to end. When the French taunters poked their heads out of the doorway, Rick said, "Boy, that scene took a long time."

When Clay was handed the torch he did a dance that was halfway between a shimmy and a thrust.

During the slo-mo part, Rick and Clay were interacting with each other. Clay was making faces at Rick and Rick brushed his own arm off in response like Clay was giving him cooties.

There were a couple of new ensemble people so things didn't go exactly as planned all the time. Scarlett can tell you all the details tonight.

But I can't type it up until you send me the .mp3 of our conversation because I'm in the deepest Aiken fog ever.

In the 2nd half:

When he hit the tambourine saying "That's enough music for now, lads" he acted like he'd hurt his hand.

He slapped (and really SLAPPED) the behind of the girl with the "nasty tights".

He did this great move that involved a full deep knee bend while still shimmying around (as though he were going to do a limbo). however I missed most of it except the end because I was busy picking up confetti. I swear that I will keep my eyes on him the entire time tonight so as not to miss anything.

Short but "full voice" Amen

At the wedding, David apparently picked the Macarena for the their group (Belvedere, Patsy & Robin) but Clay didn't seem to know how to do it or didnt want to try. The other two did it while he watched.

More tonight as I recall things...

Wow! I just watched the E replay of THS Clay Aiken and I thought it was fabulous. They put Clay snack dab in the middle of the E Channel A List. I missed it last night because I was working, but when I came in the DIL was all over me about it. She (the consummate modern pop fan) was effusive about the show -- said I have to watch it, that I'd love it. Well I saw the replay just ended and I did adore it.

I had the armor on with all the talk about Holleman and JP, but the former was never identified as anything other than a home town person, and the latter was on for less than a minute and was described as someone who wrote an internet story about an alleged encounter with Clay, and he then spoke to being victimized by vigilante Claymates and that was it. Nothing reflected badly on Clay; in fact, most of all the show reflected Clay's positive nature and big heart, humility and humor. I thought it was lovely, actually. I enjoyed hearing Terrence Mann discuss the dramatic difference between the 12-year-old Clayton Grissom he directed, who was truly invisible, and the Clay Aiken he saw in Spamalot whose presence filled the theatre. I thought Ricky Smith was very sweet. KG professed her love. They showed long-hair Clay from DOOL and the AMAs. I loved the quote from Randy Jackson when Clay came out ... "I'm so happy for Clay. Now he's free." The downer parts of the show were in the first half, discussing him being a lonely, self-effacing child with a sad demeanor. But with Idol he rose like the Phoenix and has been soaring ever higher. They did mention that Clay's foundation and future is in singing great, classic songs and that this was underscored with the Jukebox Tour and A Thousand Different Ways. They gave a plug for "The Real Me" as Clay singing about becoming the same person inside and out without wearing a mask any longer, and presented him as an amazing talent and inspiring human being.

If there was a downside to this, I missed it. Personally, I think it's not such a bad thing to give this program a hit when it comes around. I thought it was like a commercial for Clay Aiken. There wasn't a bad picture or clip shown. He was gorgeous throughout -- except for some of the pre-Idol pictures, and those just illuminated the dramatic breakthough he experienced in the twinkling of an eye.

It ended with plaudits for Spamalot, and for Clay's fans who are always with him. What's not to love? As far as the show not including Kimmel, and no singing clips (other than the end of Finale BOTW), this show was just the same as all other episodes of THS I've seen. Personally, I would have liked to have seen some of the AI5 Finale, but I guess that goes without saying. Oh well, they did show a couple of pictures from it.

Usually you don't get one of these shows unless you've died an early/tragic death, or suffered a career-ending scandal, or you're a huge star with an interesting story. I think for Clay this was ALL good. I had a feeling at the end that the past has been prologue, and that Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.

Sure makes me wish I were in NY seeing Spamalot with that incredible, magnificent star, Clay Aiken. Have a ball, you lucky (and Luckiest) FCAers!!!!!

Hey Luckiest thanks for the great recaps! I love all your other NYC stories too.

ITA with what Luckiest said about all the concerts and this year fans having to come to him.

It works another way too, for the people like me who would find it harder to get to a concert. Easier for people to fly direct into NYC and have a choice of many dates to see him than to have maybe two days and have to get to a regional centre. Also if you want to travel with family, spouse or nonclayfan friends there are many things in NYC to keep everyone happy and even within Spamalot itself.

My situation this year was just freakish good luck. I know I would not have had any hope of dragging DH & sons to some "off the itinerary" place (probably at great expense) just to see a concert.

So even though I would Love to see concert Clay it's not likely to ever happen ( barring finding the winning $15mill lotto ticket which I am sure is in my other handbag!).

I am so thankful that Clay made this foray into broadway even if it does put a blip into his touring schedule!