#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Thanks for the ETHS youtube links. I downloaded it from the vault, but it kept stuttering and stopping when I tried to play it. Finally just deleted it from my computer. :(

kf, I'll have to say, "ditto!" to your impression of the show. Yeah, there were some facts they didn't get right, but it was overall extremely positive. In fact, given most media coverage of Clay, it was shockingly positive. I'll take it, even if it was low-budget!

I've been enjoying all of the Spam recaps! Thanks to luckiest, Scarlett, Thankful and everybody else for sharing their memories! :BlowKiss: I'll have to enjoy Spam vicariously, cuz I won't be going again. Sniff.

But I DO have Clay's wonderful CDs and clack to enjoy. I love listening to the AIW EP in the car when I'm driving around. I can never listen to AIW once - have to listen over and over and over! There are so many songs that show Clay's vocal prowess, but this one takes the cake for me. I get chill bumps every time!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's what I'm finding. Not exactly the end of the Enquirer:

AMI Near Bankruptcy

American Media Inc. — publisher of the National Enquirer and Star magazine — is near bankruptcy after missing a Dec. 1 deadline to make a $21 million interest payment on its $1.1 billion debt.

The company has retained bankruptcy lawyers, sources told the New York Post’s “Media Ink” columnist Keith Kelly.

But a bankruptcy filing may be avoided if bondholders agree to take a large stake in the company in return for reducing its debt load.

A restructuring deal would turn over 95 percent of the stock to those holding the debt, leaving the old shareholders with just 5 percent of the company.

The bondholders and bankers involved in the negotiations have until Dec. 15 to reach an agreement, according to Kelly.

AMI’s other publications include Shape, Men’s Fitness, Globe and Country Weekly. The company also owns Distribution Services Inc., the nation’s leading in-store merchandising firm.

Earlier this week the media conglomerate Tribune Co., publisher of the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times and other newspapers, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

It just means they want to get out of paying their bills (because they can't), so they want to give themselves to the people they owe money to. Filing for bankruptcy is a way to stay in business, in some cases. Wonder if Congress will bail them out. :cryingwlaughter: No discussion of discontinuing publication at this time. Sawwy.

Here's what I'm finding. Not exactly the end of the Enquirer:

AMI Near Bankruptcy

American Media Inc. — publisher of the National Enquirer and Star magazine — is near bankruptcy after missing a Dec. 1 deadline to make a $21 million interest payment on its $1.1 billion debt.

The company has retained bankruptcy lawyers, sources told the New York Post’s “Media Ink” columnist Keith Kelly.

But a bankruptcy filing may be avoided if bondholders agree to take a large stake in the company in return for reducing its debt load.

A restructuring deal would turn over 95 percent of the stock to those holding the debt, leaving the old shareholders with just 5 percent of the company.

The bondholders and bankers involved in the negotiations have until Dec. 15 to reach an agreement, according to Kelly.

AMI’s other publications include Shape, Men’s Fitness, Globe and Country Weekly. The company also owns Distribution Services Inc., the nation’s leading in-store merchandising firm.

Earlier this week the media conglomerate Tribune Co., publisher of the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times and other newspapers, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

It just means they want to get out of paying their bills (because they can't), so they want to give themselves to the people they owe money to. Filing for bankruptcy is a way to stay in business, in some cases. Wonder if Congress will bail them out. :cryingwlaughter: No discussion of discontinuing publication at this time. Sawwy.

Well poo!! That's what you get for skimming. I can still hope & :praying: . Would love to see the downfall of all the smuts! They deserve all the bad karma they receive!!

I'm not at home, and this computer won't do the quote thingy right.

Keeping... I LOVE those pictures! There are a couple I hadn't seen before, inlcuding the UNICEF lighting one (sorry merrieeee) and I love it. Get lost in your photobucket anytime!!!

Scarlett... great recap! Thanks!

Gibby... I love the EP verison of AIW over and over, too. It means triumph to me and especially after Merriville, triumph of his hitting that note. It never fails to lift my spirits and to believe I can triumph, too.

Too bad the Enquirer isn't going away, but maybe if 95% of the stock goes to banker types, there could be a change in policy... afterall, the one they have now isn't being very successful if they are on the verge of bankruptsy. Could happen.... could so!!! :cryingwlaughter:

th_NYCDecember2008049.jpg

I think she adores him......maybe just little. That would be my aunt in that picture. We're sitting here, delayed at La Guardia, but cracking up over that look! Thanks, it made our day!

Will likely make a few more days when we get home and show it to the rest of the family.

BWAH!

My aunt says her dog looks at her the same way when she's eating pork chops. :beatingheart:

Too bad the Enquirer isn't going away, but maybe if 95% of the stock goes to banker types, there could be a change in policy... afterall, the one they have now isn't being very successful if they are on the verge of bankruptsy. Could happen.... could so!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Only trouble with that is that the company that owns the Chicago Tribune and the LA Times already filed, and they are reputable papers.

I have to go to a Christmas party tonight. It means wearing a dress. And heels. I hate wearing heels! The balls of my feet always hurt! That's wht I only wear heels maybe twice a year!!!

I would rather be seeing Spamalot!!! :cry4:

003.jpg

CG - the trick to wearing high heels is to have the right high heels, the ones that don't hurt your feet. But if you only wear them a couple of times a year, it doesn't seem worth it to invest the time or money in finding the right ones! I hope you're able to sit a lot tonight, and have a good time in spite of the heels!

And by the way, the pic you posted is making me want to have a temper tantrum.

Why??

CUZ I WANT HIM!!!!!

AND I CAN'T HAVE HIM!!!

GAH!!! HE'S SO HANDSOME!!! :hubbahubba::smokelots:

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!

:abuser::scream::cry4:

Just got done watching the E! show. Glad I watched it but have no desire to see it again. For the first few minutes, I was really ticked off though with all the talk about how he doesn't have the best voice on the planet and how he isn't critically recognized, etc. Made it seem like the only reason he's still around is because he has all these crazy Claymates. I'm not saying that everyone should believe that he has the greatest voice ever. For me that's true for reasons that I don't even understand, but I know others won't have that visceral reaction. However, to downplay his voice is such a disservice because whether someone likes him or not, he does have a beautiful voice. Enough of that rant, but I have more.

I didn't think the program made JH and JP look crazy, skeevy yes, but not crazy. And by doing that, I think it legitimized them, which I absolutely hate. They should have no voice when it comes to Clay. Same with KG. I thought she came off looking very good and supportive, even though her actions over the years have not been like that. I don't like the stereotyping that she does and it wouldn't matter to me if she was right 95% of the time. I don't like people bullying and tormenting others.

Now I feel a little bit dirty from watching this, like I just went out and bought a Star magazine. Ugh. I'll just go now and fantasize about Clay and Reed to help clear my head.

My aunt says her dog looks at her the same way when she's eating pork chops. :beatingheart:

Hee, that's so cute. Glad I got the shot!

justclay12, I don't have any desire to watch it either, especially after reading your post. Lots of other clack I can watch instead.

So, we're home. No delays, no problems at all, just some rain on this end. On the one hand, it's nice to be home....on the other.......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. :cry4:

luckiest, glad you made it back home. Hope Clay will have more stuff for us so we can meet up again.

And the E! thing was probably overall positive but I still felt tainted by watching it. I liked Ricky and Terence Mann, and some of the other people on there that I had no idea who they were. I know one was a friend from when he was in school. Have no idea why that one guy comic was on for. Never heard of him, don't think he has any connection at all to Clay, and he really hadn't nothing of importance to say, either positively or negatively. I just hope some it means good stuff for Clay in the future.

003.jpg

Mmmm... that's a yummy SD pic.

I think I need to see this one again. It hasn't been posted on this page yet! :lol:

HannahClayReedFriends.jpg

:cryingwlaughter: From CV....

Cartoon in the current Reader's Digest....wish I had a scanner, but I don't.

Two guys sitting at a bar. One has on a tee shirt that says "I (heart) Gary" and he says...

"It's not what you think.....I'm from Indiana".

That's a good one FromClaygary!

Good Morning Everyone,

20 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

42 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim