#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

3.jpg

is that Jerome? If it is, my goodness he has doubled in size!!!

Also, I am trying to find those YouTube links that someone posted, for the E! thing. I started watching it but it was fairly long and had to stop. But now I can't find the page they were posted on. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I hate Mondays and I hate winter. Rain that turned to ice over night...just spent the last half hour trying to chip the ice off the car so I can go to work. Had the defroster going, but that takes forever, the windshield wipers are frozen and my scraper is useless. Right now I have a 3 x3 square I can look out of on the front window, but can't drive like that. Decided to come in and thaw out for a little and then go back and try. Poor Clay, he singing pretty Christmas songs to me and I am sitting in the car swearing like a truck driver.

I really hate winter.

Kim

Best thing you can do is to put the defrosters on full blast and go in and have a coffee. Been there, done that many, many times. I know the frustration!

Well, back to the grind for me today. Have a staff meeting shortly. It's dark and rainy here this morning, but the tempurature is expected to drop 12 degrees by this afternoon. Everything will be ice. Oh joy.

Spam reports from CV:

Intermission report from Scarlett

Scarlett just called with a report and it was a bit hard to hear on the phone what she was saying but this is what I got:

Lots of fans up front

Good crowd looks full

Entire cast there

Great crowd

During the Torch dance the girl who passes the torch to him slapped his behind as he was dancing and then looked out to the audience like she was very pleased she did that. After the dance Sir Robin wagged his finger at her as if to say Naughty Naughty.

During the Runaway at the end the can can dancer had her skirt all over him and kept messing his hair up.

When he sang the Idol line once again he shaked his shoulders like he did yesterday!

Everyone is having a blast and said looks like whole first row is basically Clay fans!

That's about all I could make out, connection was not great!

From CB:

Back from today's matinee. Another wonderful show. Sat in B101 and was kind of hoping I would be the peasant, but it was C101. Guess I was the second best peasant rather than the best!!! The peasant was from NC and she was great up on the stage--was thrilled for her.

Loved everything about the show. It was great seeing him face on from the guard tower rather than in profile--could really see all the expressions better then and during the whole play.

I am still amazed at how beautiful he his from close up and just blown away by his talent. Also, blown away by the whole incredible cast.

He pulled a hair out of his wig near the end of YWSOB--was pretty funny as he made quite a production out of it.

Had a perfect position at the stage door right in front, but it just wasn't meant to be. I was so happy to have seen him front the second row, that I just couldn't even be upset that he didn' t do the stage door. Quite a few people went in the stage door and we wondered if something special was happening back there.

The weather really was perfect--not too cold at all for this time of year. I just feel beyond lucky that I got to go again. That Sir Robin really is something!!!

Evening:

Intermission report from WinkatMe and Scarlett

They just called me.... hard to make out everything they were saying lots of noise around them:)

Good crowd, orchestra is pretty full and mezz looks it too and balconey looks about 1/2 full.

Quite a few fans there tonight.

Everyone on stage looks like they are having a ball tonight. Sir Robin is very chatty and flirting like crazy with the girls. Got down very low trying to look up their dresses.

The torch girl once again slapped his butt, this time he looked around and gave her a thumbs up instead of wagging his finger at her like he did this afternoon.

The French can can dancer after she tried to cover him up with her dress and mess up his hair as she went back to the other French folks she gave him the finger.

They are having a blast!! In front row center!

==

Scarlett said NO SD after matinee

From CV:

Oh what a knight!!!

It seemed as though every scene had some new elements since I saw it last week.

I hope someone with a better memory than I can recap them.

There was spanking, some nice kisses, Lotl's had a piece of her costume fly into the pit causing lots of laughs between her and the orchestra.

At curtain, Clay was pointing to ladyoflake saying she got a bigger ovation (she didn't .. The audience loved Clay)

Thanks for the recaps, lucky! I'm going to miss them when Spam is over.

Good luck to everyone braving the cold today. It's reallllllly cold here, but bearable with a warm coat and a good car heater. My daughter, who is hoping to get her driver's license soon, is just learning to drive in the snow and ice. Now that's scary. Sitting in the car with her driving, slipping around, not able to do anything about it - YIKES!!

:yow:

Good thoughts & prayers would be appreciated. My mom got a call from her oncologist this morning that her breast cancer markers have made a pretty significant jump and he's scheduled her for a PET scan the first week of December.

Thanks to all for the good thoughts & prayers about my mom's situation. We saw the oncologist this morning and while the PET scan did show a small mass in her chest, the good news is that he reiterated that it is SMALL, it is NOT in her lungs (which we were concerned about because she originally did have spots in the lungs that were not expected to disappear with the chemo, but blessedly did), and it is the ONLY spot that showed up. He is going to continue monitoring her closely, starting her on a new medication, and blood work each month for the next 3 months. He told us not to worry & enjoy the holidays - this is only a minor detour. I plan to take that advice.

Clay content? He's beautiful, he sings like no one else & I can't wait to see Sir Robin again in 17 days!!! :yahoo:

Great news annabear!!! I'll keep thinking of you and your Mom...

I just got back from the bank -- they will split the difference on the overdraft charges I accidentally did late in November. Whew.

And it's freakin' cold here too. It was 50 degrees yesterday at noon (which is balmy for this time of year) -- today it's 10 degrees, with a massive wind chill. Sometimes it sucks to be a Midwesterner.

I just realized...two weeks from tonight, I'll be seeing Sir Robin! WOOHOO!!!!!

Good news all around!!

I'm taking a whiz trip to NYC on Wednesday for the Wed night performance. blissysmile9lm9cm.gif

Anybody going to be there too? TORCHCLAYCARA.gif

This came up unexpectedly, and now I am stressing over getting ready for the big Family Party on Saturday. hollysmile2.gif

I'm trying to pretend it's tomorrow.

It's not working!!

gotta get busy!!

housetrees.gif

Since I can't make any whiz trips to NYC and I can't get to Spam this weekend I'll just have to suffer and have the eHP over instead! :cryingwlaughter:

So who wants to come over and Partay with us cool chicks??????

I added you to the FCA Representing list here, cha cha. :) It looks like hippoGA is attending Wed.

If anyone else is attending some upcoming Spam shows and you want to be added or just see who else is going, post in the thread linked above & I'll update the list. :killer_rabbit:

Great news, annabear! Woohoo!!! :clap: How's it going with getting settled into your new abode?

I'm so happy for those of you going to Spam in the near future. It's so fun to get recaps from people you know! And I can vicariously enjoy a bit of Spam. It's not the same as being there, but it's sure fun to enjoy the excitement and visualize all of the silliness and hawtness of Clay in Spam!

Good thoughts & prayers would be appreciated. My mom got a call from her oncologist this morning that her breast cancer markers have made a pretty signicant jump and he's scheduled her for a PET scan the first week of December.

Thanks to all for the good thoughts & prayers about my mom's situation. We saw the onocologist this morning and while the PET scan did show a small mass in her chest, the good news is that he reiterated that it is SMALL, it is NOT in her lungs (which we were concerned about because she originally did have spots in the lungs that were not expected to disappear with the chemo, but belssedly did), and it is the ONLY spot that showed up. He is going to continue monitoring her closely, starting her on a new medication, and bloodwork each month for the next 3 months. He told us not to worry & enjoy the holidays - this is only a minor detour. I plan to take that advice.

Clay content? He's beautiful, he sings like no one else & I can't wait to see Sir Robin again in 17 days!!! :yahoo:

anna... Whooo hoooo!!!! Sounds like a win to me! Thanks for the good news!

I'll echo Gibby... how's the new place coming? Are you enjoying it as much as you thoought you would/more than you thought you would? Enquiring minds want to know... :cryingwlaughter:

I cannot believe it's Dec 15. I have so few presents bought and no cards out yet. Eek! I'm taking an online workshop and must watch, as it is over Jan 4 (like something else we all know about, dang it).

annabear, such a relief to hear your mom's news. I'm glad to read that the doctor says it's a detour and to enjoy your holidays. It seems like really good advice to take!

Like aikim, I am freezing here and ready for winter to be over. The bad news is that winter technically hasn't even started and I've heard that we could be in for a volatile season.

annabear :thbighug-1: Yay for the good news!

Did everyone get the myspace note from Clay?:) Nothing new for those who didn't, just the information re the Christmas card~but it was fun to add it to my facebook! Small things, done to the tune of "Merry Christmas with Love". Made me happy. :)

Good thoughts & prayers would be appreciated. My mom got a call from her oncologist this morning that her breast cancer markers have made a pretty signicant jump and he's scheduled her for a PET scan the first week of December.

Thanks to all for the good thoughts & prayers about my mom's situation. We saw the onocologist this morning and while the PET scan did show a small mass in her chest, the good news is that he reiterated that it is SMALL, it is NOT in her lungs (which we were concerned about because she originally did have spots in the lungs that were not expected to disappear with the chemo, but belssedly did), and it is the ONLY spot that showed up. He is going to continue monitoring her closely, starting her on a new medication, and bloodwork each month for the next 3 months. He told us not to worry & enjoy the holidays - this is only a minor detour. I plan to take that advice.

I don't know you but still glad to hear the good news. I also will be seeing clay in 17 days, maybe we'll meet.