#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Couchie, I'm praying for your mom. You get some rest. {{{Couchie & mom}}}

Been there, done that as far as ER care. My gran...they were determined to send her home with viral mediacation until we pitched a fit, and threatened to take her to Duke if she wasn't admitted. She had a major intestinal rupture, and five days later, she slipped away. *sigh*

Fear waving, see you in a few days.

couchie, sending good thoughts to your mom and you. It is so hard to see our parents get older and and weaker when once they were our towers of strength. I hope your mom can regain her strength quickly and feel better.

Ldyjocelyn, I meant to tell you how much I admired your post yesterday talking about what you got out of this fandom and what you learned from Clay. One thing I've always admired about Clay is how he turns himself over so freely to children. I'm trying to emulate him and hope that I am succeeding with the little girls I tutor. He can even teach an old dog some new tricks. :snoopy:

I know I've complained about my youngest sonn over these many years, but this year has been a great one for him. Tomorrow he gets his master degree, he has a professional job in the field in which he is interested and he just bought his first home. We met him yesterday for lunch and he is so excited about his future. It took him a long while, but he is getting where he may never have thought he would be. I'm very shmoopy for him. :wub:

((((couchie & mamacouchie)))) So sorry to hear about your mom - she had really been through it these past months. I'm glad she has you there to kick some ass for her though!! Keeping you both in my thoughts today.

Good Morning Everyone,

Couchie Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your mom.

18 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

40 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Spam report from CH:

OMIGOD!First, yes, I saw Clay tonight and he was as adorable as ever. Dorky and extremely hammy to the hilt, but adorable and wonderful as always. The snow is coming down in sheets, like big pieces of wet confetti and many of us waited by the SD for quite some time in hopes of seeing our dork, but to no avail. Everyone else came out that door but Clay must have slipped out the front while we were freezing.

However, the wait was not wasted.

I nearly lost it when my very first imaginery gay boyfriend came strolling out the Schubert stage door. Lovely, smiling eyes, gentle man. Richard Chamberlain was backstage tonight. Richard Chamberlain. My real 12-year old crush. RICHARD CHAMBERLAIN!!!1111!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

*thud*

He didn't stop but he did smile and wink. I think he could hear my huge intake of breath when he slipped out the door. He acknowledged those of us who knew who we were seeing. Such a beautiful man.

I'm going to give my other pretend boyfriend one more chance to meet me after the show. Tomorrow is my last night in Spamalot and I'm hoping he will stop to sign my book of Holiday Deaths. *g* I'm also hoping Rick will be back because I have seen this damn spectacle 5 times and he's missed every one. I neeeed to see Rick just one time. It's Christmas. Please, Baby Jesus, let me see Rick make obscene gestures and then let Clay sign my death certificate...um, Christmas storybook. Amen. Sung sweetly. *G*

So I take it Rick's been out? Wow, were we ever lucky to get the full cast all 3 nights. :wub: And how cool to have seen Richard Chamberlain exit the stage door! As for the comments on the story book....don't shoot the messenger. ;) I personally love it.

Couchie, all my best thoughts for a swift Christmas recovery for MamaCouchie!

I missed the birthdays yesterday, but have a great Birthday Week, wandacleo! Yesterday was Beethoven's birthday, too. My ultimate classic idol.

Speaking of Idol -- read yesterday that the 8th season of AI is going to emulate the 2nd season, and is resurrecting the Wild Card. IMO, the only thing Idol could do to bring back the Magic of Season 2, would be to bring back Clay himself.

Add me to the list of Richard Chamberlain lovers. I remember in elementary school we were divided over Ben Casey and Dr. Kildare. I was a Dr. Kildare fan. And then Shogun totally KILLED me. The final night of that show, I cried and cried. Anjin-san!

{{{{{Couchie and mum}}}}} - Sending good karma for a speedy recovery!

I know we have fans of Cdn Idol here and I thought of all of you when I read this news today:

CTV puts Canadian Idol on hold

This is major, since CTV is one of the two largest private broadcasters in the country.

{{{{{{{{{couchie and mom}}}}}}}

If you need anything, holler -- OK?

Congrats to Fear son on his Master's Degree!

I want to ditto this and also to say COUCHIE! Honestly, if you need anything let me know because I'm right here just minutes away, okay? I mean this.

And please give lovely couchiemama a big hug and tell her I'm really, really sending good stuff her way through the airways....

:thbighug-1:

Sending big hugs, positive energy & prayers to you, {{{{Couchie & MamaTomato}}}}. :hugs-1:

Congrats to your son, Fear!

Thanks for bringing over that recap yesterday, ldyj. What a great experience for vanislandgirl!

{{{{{{couchie and couchiemomma}}}}}} Sending love and light!

CAMELOT CAROLLERS

AllForOne2008-1.jpg

Bottle.... I LOVE this! Season's Greetings indeed!!!

couchie, sending good thoughts to your mom and you. It is so hard to see our parents get older and and weaker when once they were our towers of strength. I hope your mom can regain her strength quickly and feel better.

Ldyjocelyn, I meant to tell you how much I admired your post yesterday talking about what you got out of this fandom and what you learned from Clay. One thing I've always admired about Clay is how he turns himself over so freely to children. I'm trying to emulate him and hope that I am succeeding with the little girls I tutor. He can even teach an old dog some new tricks. :snoopy:

I know I've complained about my youngest sonn over these many years, but this year has been a great one for him. Tomorrow he gets his master degree, he has a professional job in the field in which he is interested and he just bought his first home. We met him yesterday for lunch and he is so excited about his future. It took him a long while, but he is getting where he may never have thought he would be. I'm very shmoopy for him. :wub:

Fear... I imagine just about everyone can claim to have learned something from Clay... mostly good! :cryingwlaughter:

Congrats for your son getting all those dreams coming true all at once... talk about a great overload of goodness. Do we have a clapping emoticon??? yes, we do... :clap: aren't I clever??? :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, be still my heart re: Dr. Kildare! And have you SEEN this 74-year-old man? I googled him last night (I hope it was good for him, too, even though he's gay.... :cryingwlaughter: ) He's in amazing shape and seems to be living a full, happy life--which makes me happy. And incredulous at the fact that he lived the huge majority of his years in the closet, hiding himself from his 'public' (but hopefully out and free to those closest to him? Has he written a book about all this?)

And The Thornbirds? Gah...:Thud: The book is a killer, too. I always had a bit of a girl crush on Rachel Ward, too.

I'm such an equal opportunity smutter... :sleezy:

:flirtysmile3: Dr. Kildare

I guess I'm going to have to go to see the touring version of Spamalot.

... sigh...

I'm going to see Spamalot with Clay in NYC On December 29. Not three weeks later, the touring company is here in my area. And yes, I'm going! Actually, I have friends who want to see it, and I'm certain I'll enjoy it (except for maybe missing Sir Robin). While I'm thrilled that I'll get to see Richard Chamberlin :::dreamy sigh:::, in a way I'm sad that I won't get to see Jonathan Hadary as the King. I really enjoyed his performance in March.