#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

I honestly don't think the media will have so much 'fun' with it this time (or next time, or whatever... IIT IIU). The last time there was the 'is it true' factor, and it was pre-coming out, etc. So many questions about the whole situation. This time (or next time, etc), there is no speculation or innuendo involved. IMO, on the whole, they have actually been pretty respectful of Clay (and Jaymes and Parker) post-announcement. Actually it's some of the best treatment in the press I've ever seen him get. JMO of course - and I don't do blogs or rags, so if the nasty is out there, thankfully I haven't seen it.

I was speaking more about so-called fan behaviour towards Jaymes.

{{{Couchie and her wonderful mama}}}

I am sending all the good karma I can find your way.

{{{Muski}}}

Part B made me cringe!!!!

And Part A - ITA.

I also think In Touch and everyone else better remember it just isn't that easy to get pregnant when you're almost 51, no matter the method. There was probably several months when it wasn't even advisable to try and if she is breast feeding, they wouldn't start the hormone shots necessary for her to get pregnant. Yup, In Touch, it usually takes more than vitamins to get an almost 51 year old woman pregnant! So to me it seems highly unlikely she will get pregnant again in January and that In Touch knows about it!

Please Clay, start telling us something about your career people can bitch about!! I want to talk about your singing/acting/recording!! I am tired of all the personal life speculation!!

I dont for a minute believe something because in touch says so, to me they are still a step up (maybe) from the national enquirer and Globe..I think theyve had Dr Phil and Robin divorcing a couple times, and Jennifer Aniston pregnant a couple times..and thats just what I can gather from the cover staring at me at the checkout line. I don't believe for a minute that they have any kind of source...if it turns out im wrong, and they do end up being true well..everyone has to be wrong once or twice :P

Im holding onto whatever clay taped the morning before the Q&A and the stuff that Clay says are "in the works" for the future that he couldnt/wouldnt talk about.(and I dont think he was talking bout baby lol just to clarify)

Hi everyone...I'm back! LOL

I just got home and only read this page but how funny/interesting that you are talking about "gay" celebrities because I was going to ask you something kind of, sort of, having to do with that. I had such a great Clay day today and something occurred to me. Is Clay considered "cool" now? Here in Tulsa, we are lucky to hear Clay once a day on one radio station, KBEZ, singing OHN, but today, they played him 4 times that I heard...The Christmas Song, Mary Did you Know, Oh Holy Night, and **drum roll** All is Well!!! They played that one on my drive home, which they really should not do because when he sings that long note and the music stops, well, it just takes my breath away, which really is not safe while one is driving. But seriously, is the world coming to an end or is Clay "cool" now? Whatever, I'm loving it! LOL

BTW, they stream - www.kbez.com Click Listen Live over on the left. They are playing Christmas music 24/7.

As for Richard Chamberlain...I loved him! (I don't know, I must have a "thing" for gay guys or something.) Remember when Dr. Kildare was popular, they sold those white doctor shirts that snapped or buttoned on the top from the neck to the sleeve back then?

I had a great Clay day too! I found 3 AIW in the bin at our local Walmart! I'm so happy!!

And you're right, I had forgotten all about those shirts :lol:. What a blast from the past!

I found 2 ATDW at canadian tire last week

{{{{{muski}}}}}}

Good luck with your decision smitten....

Regarding the latest rumors: eh. It could be true; probably not, but almost everything can be true or not. For me, this is just another "file it away" and go on my merry way.

Please Clay, start telling us something about your career people can bitch about!! I want to talk about your singing/acting/recording!! I am tired of all the personal life speculation!!

So...what would you like to talk about? Suggest something... How about -- your dream collaboration for Clay. Mine is easy -- I'd love for him to record a song with either Don Henley or Sting. Great, distinctive voices -- and also men who believe in this world and making it a better place, like Clay. Those collaborations would make me swoon.

I've always believed that Clay has balls of titanium. He's proved it to me more than a few times. However -- I'm now beginning to believe that being a Clay Aiken fan also takes balls of titanium (which is funny, considering that most of us are women...) This fandom has survived a LOT of divisions over the years. There's been a lot of "gates." And many of us have moved on from one board to another because of personality/philosophical differences. Yet -- we're all still part of this fandom. We are strong, you know. We are invincible. We are woman!

Whoops. Helen Reddy snuck in here.

I think the key for me is learning to not take things so personally, either FOR Clay, or for my own opinions. I can deal with what others say about my fandom. I can also ignore so much -- I don't need ucky blogs, or some of the tabloids. (I said "some" -- sorry, can't help it sometimes).

This fandom has lasted, for good or for bad, for almost 6 years. I'm planning on continuing to be part of this for a long time to come. And no rumor mill will drag me away....

:yeahthat:ldyjocelyn

I'd also add that I'm a fan of Clay Aiken, terrific talented singer, comedian, entertainer, actor. He is why I am here. I don't particularly care about his personal life. I don't goggle him. I'm glad to hear when he is happy as when we first heard about Parker. There are very few things he could do that would upset me. When he let fans call him names at the OFC, I hated that and felt like Jaymes did. How dare they. I just stopped reading there.

I don't check out his friends my space pages. They are his friends not mine. And thats why I'm so boring.

But I am looking forward to his next career move. I do think he deserves a break after Spamalot. I'll be here waiting for his next move.

I think it would be great if Jaymes and Clay decide to have another child--but equally OK if they don't. I really think it's a personal decision that has nothing to do with me. Hopefully, the nutcases that had hysterics the first time around will be gone or quiet if Clay and Jaymes do a rerun.

I just wish he'd call and ask ME to carry his sperm.

I'd do it in a heartbeat! (And I'm older than Jaymes). LOL.

I agree with you Wanda, I'm fine with whatever he decides to do. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't interested in everything about him though. Doesn't mean I believe I have a right to know but I'd sure like to know it anyway. And yeah, Clay could have as many babies as he wants because I'd be another volunteer. Just have to get those tubes untied and I'm all set.

And Clay did stage door tonight.

And Jesse Vargas apparently got ticked off and left a little note at that stupid Leave Reed & Clay alone or whatever its called. He didn't like that they were equating Prop 8, something serious, with celebrities private lives. I got that from another board so don't know the exact wording.

Stage Door tonight

Calling Muski.........tight jeans

Funky sweater with hooks on it (???)

Lavender Shoes! (Nikes)

Here is the quote:

I have a bit of an issue with you using pics of people protesting Prop. 8 and inserting "LEAVE REED & CLAY ALONE". Prop 8 is a VERY serious matter and in no way compares to some sad people who feel the need to obsess with celebrity relationships, gay or straight. Celebrity obsession, good or bad, is a questionable thing. Equal rights for all is what this country was built on and not following through with right now. I'd stay away from pics of celebs standing up for equal rights. Just my 2 cents.

Just checking in quickly to say mom is doing much better and is in good spirits and much more upbeat. The doctors dont believe she will need surgery. She will have another ct scan tomorrow and decisions will be made then. Other than some general weakness she doesnt' appear to be any worse for wear. The physical therapist worked with her a little tonight. Hopefully she will be home in time for Xmas.

And thanks for the discount link..just got cheap tickets for the 3rd for Ansa and I. whoo hooo.

I totally agree with Jesse. Prop 8 and celeb privacy are two totally different things. What's this leave clay and reed along stuff anyway. Clay doesn't need this kind of help. Sorry if I'm stepping on toes...I feel totally out of the loop.

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts. They worked!!

Yay, Couchie and CouchieMom! I'm hoping she will be home for Christmas. *prays*

Muski, that endodontist must be from hell! I hope the the second vicoden helped. :hugs-1:

annabear, I'm so glad you're enjoying your new place! :clap:

smitten, congrats on your new opportunities! It sounds like a great change for you. :clap:

Another baby for Clay and Jaymes? Maybe - but I'm using a huge salt lick until I get something more definitive. Just cuz it's in print doesn't make it so!

Checking in quickly before heading for bed....

:hugs-1: for couchie and couchiemama

:hugs-1: for muski - and might I add: "OUCHIE!"

CONGRATS to fearson :clap:

Our power was out for about 7 hours today - from 2 pm to about 9 pm...

some idjit took out a light pole about a half mile from here. (hope they're ok)

It was dark and cold in here so we went out to dinner.

We celebrate the 17th of each month as our "mini-versary" of the day we met...

and this was our 421st.

:hugs-1: & :BlowKiss: to everyone!

PS - I didn't get a chance to say that we didn't get to Spam today for various reasons!

Might try again on Tuesday. :)

:offtobed:

couchie, if you're out of the loop I'm right there with you. I don't get google alerts, I don't use myspace, and I rarely click on links. I like my fandom the way it is and anything Clay does is fine by me. It's his life. More babies? That'd be awesome, good for them.

Work is killing me this week and I barely have enough energy left over to scrounge something up for dinner at night. Last night was the first night I put my foot down and refused to do overtime work from home. Brought the company laptop home with me but never unpacked it. Watched some mindless TV instead. I may be in shit this morning but they can kiss my ass. I will be so glad when this project ends and life gets back to normal.

Hugs to all who need them.

Spam reports:

From CV:

Tonight HippoGA is Row A - left orchestra (first three seats, with dear friends)

The notes are out of show order, but Libby reported:

Kiss with the Torch girl.

When getting off the horse at the French castle, held foot up, twirled around.

Robin's line, "They're using rude gestures, sir", was poking king, king not paying attention to him.

Crowd size - bottom full, balcony good, mezz not as much - the sides in one of the sections was sparse, I think in the mezz.

Not raining; hoping for stage door.

Peasant was D101 last night.

Libby has A101 tomorrow night.

During the "Run Away" part, he was saying - "wait for me, wait for me!!!"

Lots of tongue action tonight.

NOTRT, tongue action then too.

Went be VERY fast.

It's magical, just magical! Just goes by too fast.

She's looking up Clay's skirt whenever she can! BWAHHHHH (and smart lady).

Told girls twirling maces to be careful.

He tried to shake hands a lot, dancing girl, LOTL, - and not succeeding; Libby is seeing this as a theme now throughout the show.

She'll call back from Junior's after the show but I won't be able to post that until tomorrow morning.

This post may travel.

From CH:

Yes, Virginia, there WAS a stage door! I, however, do not have a picture to prove it. Nor a very clear memory of events. I remember that Clay has very red hair. He's skinny as ever. He was wearing pants. And shoes. And the black bubble coat. Maybe. Not sure about the coat or if he was wearing a hoodie or a shirt of any kind, actually. I sorta blacked out on the other end of a classic Aiken smile.

I do remember the show tonight though. It was so much better than last night. Rick was back and I finally got to see the French Taunter and Knights of Ni and Tim the Enchanter and Flaming Lance as they were meant to be played. The cow hit Patsy as it's meant to. We got 2, count 'em, 2 political jokes --- the Taunter threatened to throw his shoes at the King, and the Knight of Ni offered to sell him a senate seat. The entire cast works better when they are all there and playing to and off each other. Each one raised his game. Heck, I even liked Arthur better tonight. And Clay was superb. SUperb! He's turned into a fine comic actor.

And a damn handsome man. I used to say, wait until he's 30, he's going to break hearts. Now, I say wait until he's 40. This is a man who's aging like fine wine. He's only getting better with each year.

You have to love the internet.....one big telephone game! One site has taken "the trying to get preggers" story into now she is pregnant and the baby is due in August!

I can hardly wait to see what is written next..........not!

Good Morning Everyone,

Couchie Glad to hear things are better with your Mom!

I am here to have fun; there is enough drama in real life; don't need it in my fandom. When it gets to the point where I am spending more time worrying about Clay, his personal life, what is being said in the rags, etc. yada, yada...then I am out of here. Far as I can see he is very happy right now and to me that is the most important...the rest is just blather.

17 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

39 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Did anyone watch the UK X-Factor?

X-Factor is a much more interesting format than Idol. For those who don't know, 4 judges have 3 acts each to mentor. They choose the songs, give advice on outfit, style etc etc. The judges then seem to aim their criticism at the mentor of each act, rather than the act itself! It is so much more entertaining than Idol.

The 2008 winner is Alexandra Burke and her winner's single eclipsed Leona Lewis' on the first day.

Frankly, I prefer Alexandra, while no one can deny Leona is technically superior, to me, she was like Tamyra and Latoya London - BORING... because every song is vocally fantastic, but for me to be entertained, I have to see passion, the kind shown by Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson, and now Alexandra. But Alexandra can also dance and her live gigs will be incredible entertainment. The show is about the X FACTOR, which is what people like Kylie, Madonna etc have... not superior voices but amazing in concert.

Before the winner's single was released for download, Simon Cowell predicted that Alexandra will be a bigger star than Leona. And she will be if Simon is determined to make her an international star. The X Factor is Simon's concept, so he won't want to lose face!

Here's her winner's single

Alexandra Burke - Official Single - 'Hallelujah'

Oh, and the most memorable part of the whole competition was her duet with Beyonce, her Idol. My goodness, after singing with Beyonce, she could not stop crying, she could barely speak!. I must say I was impressed with how good Beyonce was to her, although I am not a fan of Beyonce myself, especially after finding out that she did not bother to reach out to Jennifer Hudson at her darkest hour. As far as I am concerned, if you have someone's personal email address and phone number, it takes seconds to send them half a dozen words offering your thoughts and/or prayers. I guess it is easy to be generous to a 20 year old English girl who is no threat, the way JHud was. Sorry for being a B*tch if you like Beyonce but honestly, it is hard to redeem anyone who lacks basic compassion for another human being during an unspeakable tragedy.

SD video from last night....
:)

Thanks for that! Love his hair color, my favorite is his natural color but that color looks great on him! He looks so relaxed, I guess life is good right now!

Jerome sure keeps close to him; wouldn't mind him as my bodyguard if I ever needed one!

ETA: Letterman is on, in the background, interviewing Jennifer Anniston. Does Jennifer actually have ears? I've wondered this for a long time....