#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Did anyone watch the UK X-Factor?

X-Factor is a much more interesting format than Idol. For those who don't know, 4 judges have 3 acts each to mentor. They choose the songs, give advice on outfit, style etc etc. The judges then seem to aim their criticism at the mentor of each act, rather than the act itself! It is so much more entertaining than Idol.

The 2008 winner is Alexandra Burke and her winner's single eclipsed Leona Lewis' on the first day.

Frankly, I prefer Alexandra, while no one can deny Leona is technically superior, to me, she was like Tamyra and Latoya London - BORING... because every song is vocally fantastic, but for me to be entertained, I have to see passion, the kind shown by Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson, and now Alexandra. But Alexandra can also dance and her live gigs will be incredible entertainment. The show is about the X FACTOR, which is what people like Kylie, Madonna etc have... not superior voices but amazing in concert.

Before the winner's single was released for download, Simon Cowell predicted that Alexandra will be a bigger star than Leona. And she will be if Simon is determined to make her an international star. The X Factor is Simon's concept, so he won't want to lose face!

Here's her winner's single

Alexandra Burke - Official Single - 'Hallelujah'

Oh, and the most memorable part of the whole competition was her duet with Beyonce, her Idol. My goodness, after singing with Beyonce, she could not stop crying, she could barely speak!. I must say I was impressed with how good Beyonce was to her, although I am not a fan of Beyonce myself, especially after finding out that she did not bother to reach out to Jennifer Hudson at her darkest hour. As far as I am concerned, if you have someone's personal email address and phone number, it takes seconds to send them half a dozen words offering your thoughts and/or prayers. I guess it is easy to be generous to a 20 year old English girl who is no threat, the way JHud was. Sorry for being a B*tch if you like Beyonce but honestly, it is hard to redeem anyone who lacks basic compassion for another human being during an unspeakable tragedy.

claytonic... thanks. I enjoyed that, even tho I hate Simon being right for any reason. They showed a clip of her in a silver outfit with her hair in a ponytail from the top of her head. I'd love to see the whole clip of that performance since she danced in it. What performance was that, or... can you link a clip if there is one? Cool!

FromClaygary... thanks for the SD clip. I love to watch him... period!!!

So glad MamaTomato is doing better & will hopefully be home for Christmas, Couchie. :thbighug-1:

*sigh* My mom fell on the ice yesterday morning, going out to her car, and hurt her arm/shoulder. She went on to work, but later called to tell me she was going to the doctor because she was in so much pain. They did x-rays and think she's fractured her collar bone... will know more today...

Sorry about your dental woes, Muski. Ouch! :therethere:

Hey, (looks for a little wagon rolling past...) if Clay & Jaymes have another baby, great. If they don't, great. Whatever works for them.

I can't see the stage door video from work - if someone can find pics, please post! TIA! :BlowKiss:

ETA: Letterman is on, in the background, interviewing Jennifer Anniston. Does Jennifer actually have ears? I've wondered this for a long time....

BWAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh this morning - I needed it! :lmaosmiley-1:

Yay for couchiemom!

I am so totally indifferent to celebrities' (and most people's) personal lives (yes, even Clay's). If Clay is happy...I don't really care why he's happy. Like the Beyonce/JHud thing - I didn't have a clue apparently there were issues - though the first thing I thought was how in hell did anyone know if she reached out or not? (Beyonce, I'm fairly indifferent to as well, though she's from Houston). Apparently she went to the memorial service, and beyond that, I'm not sure what obligations celebrities have to the public's expectations.

Not really interested in Parker, Reed, etc. etc. etc. because proximity to the Aiken is not really enough to stir my interest. Jaymes is interesting because frankly I liked what she has produced with Clay so far, and I've agreed with what little she's said on the OFC. Reed is of no interest to me because I don't think he's all that hot (much too big eyed sensitive looking dude for my taste) and except for Clay, I'm not really into Broadway. If various rumors turn out to be true (or false), it will make absolutely no difference to me because I already think for the most part, the internet fandom as a collective is clinically psychotic (or crazier than a shithouse rat, take your pick). My advice is to avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

claytonic...
thanks. I enjoyed that, even tho I hate Simon being right for any reason. They showed a clip of her in a silver outfit with her hair in a ponytail from the top of her head. I'd love to see the whole clip of that performance since she danced in it. What performance was that, or... can you link a clip if there is one? Cool!

Liney, I think the one you are referring to is Relight My Fire, a song by Westlife, a very successful UK boyband. (She also has a ponytail for "I Wanna Dance With Somebody")

Alexandra Burke - Relight My Fire + Intro + Judges Comments (HD)

This is a good clip of her journey, gives a good big picture of her performances:

The X Factor 2008 - The Winner's Journey: Alexandra Burke

List of individual performances, with intro and judges' critiques

BACKGROUND: The young woman who introduces Alex and is seated next to Simon Cowell during the live shows is Cheryl Cole, Alexandra's mentor. :hysterical: the judges are incredibly competitive against each other!! Cheryl is a member of UK's most successful girl band, called Girls Aloud. This band was actually created 6 years ago via a reality show called Popstars: The Rivals. Simon practically begged her to join their judges team when Sharon Osbourne quit. Cheryl turned out to be the most popular judge of all this season. The other female judge is Dannii, Kylie Minogue's younger sister, who was a child star in Australia many moons ago.

This will give you a good glimpse of what Simon will be bringing to your shores, i.e. Alexandra, who he described as "more versatile than Leona"; that's because of her ability to move on stage and her bubbly personality.

I just want to add that she has received some criticism for being overly emotional. In 2005, when she was 16, she made it to the 3rd stage of the X factor auditions and was eliminated. She was devastated and almost quit singing. Her mother and brother convinced her to try again since she had nothing to lose. Because her confidence had been shattered 3 years ago, she was nervous at every single performance despite the judge's glowing comments.

I've watched every performance of the whole Xfactor via YouTube. Alex deserved to win but there were some others that were just brilliant as well, namely Laura White and Ruth Lorenzo.

ETA: Just HAD to include my very favourite audition. The judges were asked to predict the winner BEFORE the finalists were selected and Simon picked her as the winner. Each judge's prediction was sealed in an envelope and not opened until after the winner was announce. She did make it to the finals but was eliminated fairly early. (No judge picked the winner)

Rachel Hylton audition - X factor series 5 episode

How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?

He is CUTE isn't he??

I'll give Beyonce the benefit of the doubt too, KAndre.

Claytonic, thanks for sharing that!! Alexandra Burke is beautiful and talented. I look forward to seeing more of her. Leona Lewis doesn't do much for me.

I don't care for Simon/X-factor/whoever using that song as her triumphal song (as in the video) as it's an old favorite and the words don't match up with winning a singing contest, to me. It's not a Christmas song either, IMO. I see others have thought about this too:

Cohen, Buckley or Bon Jovi? Who's got the definitive Hallelujah?

Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah: A perfect fit in words and music

and especially, The fight for a Hallelujah Christmas victory

I even like Leonard Cohen's own version best! (Because he wrote it and he gets the lyrics, and I'm a big fan of his anyway.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tPQQLMXmQ4

Simon must've decided he loved that song after Jason Castro sang it on Idol and it sold really well on iTunes. He also had Il Divo record it recently. But he hated Castro (on the show). Go figure. Typical Simon.

I am so totally indifferent to celebrities' (and most people's) personal lives (yes, even Clay's). If Clay is happy...I don't really care why he's happy. Like the Beyonce/JHud thing - I didn't have a clue apparently there were issues - though the first thing I thought was how in hell did anyone know if she reached out or not? (Beyonce, I'm fairly indifferent to as well, though she's from Houston). Apparently she went to the memorial service, and beyond that, I'm not sure what obligations celebrities have to the public's expectations.

One of Jennifer Hudson's best friends (called Superstar James who has the top position on Jennifer's MySpace page) finally could not contain himself and wrote a blog on his MySpace saying that he has held his tongue all this time when everyone kept contacting him to say how wonderful of Beyonce to attend the memorial service. He said that in fact, she had not emailed or even sent a text message. The media had it wrong.

This was later confirmed by Beyonce herself when in a radio interview (promoting her album), she was asked if she had reached out to Jennifer, and she replied "no, but I have been praying for her". She had Jennifer's email address and private phone number. Go figure.

I tend to see celebrities as human beings first. I have worked with enough of them to know that, as Oprah pointed out, the biggest difference between a celebrity and anyone else is that more people know their name. Obama, right in the midst of a presidential election, found the time to reach out to Jennifer Hudson. Now, that's one heck of a human being.

claytonic Thanks for the video of Alexandra what a lovely voice and a lovely young woman.

claygary Thanks for that SD video...but what was the person behind the camera thinking...no tight jeans shot! no sneakers shot! I really was hoping to see those tight jeans.

Now Reed...sweet looking, talented, athletic (maybe he'll be the impetus to get Clay into shape), and intelligent. I would love to see them as a couple as in living and loving together but I find it really interesting how fandom has jumped to that conclusion.

Maybe this is just dating...you know..you date one person for a while and then someone else until you find that person perfect for you and that person feels the same way about you.

There is 4" of snow on my deck and more to come on the weekend. Damn. Too many people out here haven't a clue how to drive in the snow and I need to get into Vancouver this weekend. Wish me luck.

Hey, (looks for a little wagon rolling past...)

BWAH! Ever since I got home from NY, I've had the Spam soundtrack songs running around in my head day and night. And I tend to use Spamisms to answer questions. It's an addiction! Doesn't help that my son has been galloping around the house with his coconuts.......

{{{annabear's mom}}} If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Ooooo...JHud's best friend blogged about this? See, now that creeps me totally out. If Jennifer Hudson was hurt over this, let's hear it from her - Superstar James could (and in my opinion should) have kept holding his tongue. What in the world did the blog accomplish except to have people dislike Beyonce? Somehow, I don't think it made JHud feel any better. My only problem with that, as far as I can tell, JHud and Beyonce weren't friends or anything - at most, they were coworkers. For all we know, they hated each other. Beyonce didn't diss the woman, didn't lie and say she reached out for her, but did say she prayed for her. Which I don't see as a bad thing. I'm probably projecting, but I wouldn't want a co-worker that I wasn't close to "reach out to me" in the midst of a tragedy. And not texting or emailing? God, maybe I'm too old school for words, but maybe Beyonce verbally expressed her sorrow at J's loss - and left it at that. "Reaching out" in a situation like JHud's - oddly enough, I don't think it something that everyone - or even most people needed to do. Obama clearly likes JHud (considering she's singing at the inauguration), maybe he feels some sort of personal connection with her - because there were probably a hundred similar tragedies that occur constantly - but he didn't "reach out" to them. Which doesn't make him wrong.

Eh, I am so just not a shary-type person - when my father passed, I admit I only told my supervisor and certain co-workers and friends about it - hell, my mother was pissed that she wasn't one of them (very long and convoluted story - for years, I didn't think she knew what his first name was, she disliked him so much).

Hmmmm....just noticed something for the Claynadians...I've added the IGIVE toolbar to my explorer, as I shop online a fair bit and may as well contribute while I do. Today, as I was browsing at Chapters.ca the toolbar window popped up to inidcate that if I made a purchase, a donation would be made to BAF.

How cool! I had no idea there were Canadian websites involved in this. Just FYI....

For our Americans, there are TONS of websites on the list, and BAF has already realized about $162 in just a few months through this program. Every little bit helps. :)

In the spirit of full disclosure, the song Hallelujah doesn't do anything for me. Nothing at all. If I had to choose, the Buckley version would get my vote, but I probably would never listen to it, willingly.

As to KAndre's take on the collective fandom -- I don't think there is a "collective" fandom at all, because I haven't had a sense of one in the past couple of years. This are a bunch of opinionated women, and a few guys, with varying degrees of tolerance for other opinions, who love, like or enjoy Clay Aiken for varying or multiple reasons -- or no discernible reason at all. Personally, since I've heard that stress is necessary for life, I must be hanging on by a very slender thread indeed, because all the pseudo-controversies just bore the holy crap out of me.

I'm looking for CLACK, clever and interesting observations, the Sisterhood of the Traveling ____, various speculations that are offered and received in the spirit of FUN, Clay in the news, personal assistance in navigating the Aiken Fog, and, of course GREAT CLACK. Mostly the FABULOUS CLACK!

I scroll past:

Hate ...

Ignorance (as defined by me) ...

Hand-wringing of any kind, especially ...

Potential future angst about something that ain't even happened ...

And probably won't ....

But, if it did, would be perfectly fine with me

As far as speculations go, I'm all for them. I see my opinions and contemplations as being just as valid as that of your average Clay fan, and totally without a sense of expectation or the inevitable. For instance, I happen to have my very own opinons about RCA, and they go a little something like this:

Clay was signed by RCA right off the milk truck of Idol when no one had a clue how he, or Ruben, would fare as a recording artist. The BMG folks had a bad experience with Justin Guarini in 2002, so they probably signed these "Idols" to short contracts so they wouldn't need to buy out expensive deals of the potential "Guarinis" down the road. But just as a pro football team will sign a player to a contract and renegotiate the contract before the original contract has expired if the player's talent warrants it, I believe that RCA saw Clay go way past expectations with TITN, and the first album, and then when MCWL landed at #1 on Billboard, they wrote up a brand new, long-term, and very lucrative contract for the singing services of one Mr. Clay Aiken. I think he'll be with RCA for a long time. As a result, I don't think Clay stresses over the trajectory of his career. He has time to develop, to do things he wants to do, to do things that RCA wants him to do, to do things that the fans want him to do. There's time. Relax. Chill. Enjoy. That's how I choose to see it, and it makes me happy.

Woo-hoo!

194262105-L-1.jpg

194250886-L-1.jpg

194245981-M.jpg

I tend to agree with you KAndre. If Beyonce and Jennier Hudson weren't close why should she be bothering her at a time like that. Prayers are just fine. And who's keeping score. I actually have more respect for Beyonce for her response. Don't want to get morbid but my mom and I have had our "discussions" about this...because I hate the hypocrisy that surrounds "death" and I told her I didn't want a funeral. Of course to her funerals are for the living and she doesn't like my thinking. But I said to just get together or something and I'll haunt her if she has an open casket. I've seen too much fighting over insurance papers.

So Clay is having another baby with Jaymes. LOL..this is old gossip as it was part of the story months ago. Maybe someone is just picking that up. This isn't the first time this has been said.

Ooooo...JHud's best friend blogged about this? See, now that creeps me totally out. If Jennifer Hudson was hurt over this, let's hear it from her - Superstar James could (and in my opinion should) have kept holding his tongue. What in the world did the blog accomplish except to have people dislike Beyonce? Somehow, I don't think it made JHud feel any better. My only problem with that, as far as I can tell, JHud and Beyonce weren't friends or anything - at most, they were coworkers. For all we know, they hated each other. Beyonce didn't diss the woman, didn't lie and say she reached out for her, but did say she prayed for her. Which I don't see as a bad thing. I'm probably projecting, but I wouldn't want a co-worker that I wasn't close to "reach out to me" in the midst of a tragedy. And not texting or emailing? God, maybe I'm too old school for words, but maybe Beyonce verbally expressed her sorrow at J's loss - and left it at that. "Reaching out" in a situation like JHud's - oddly enough, I don't think it something that everyone - or even most people needed to do. Obama clearly likes JHud (considering she's singing at the inauguration), maybe he feels some sort of personal connection with her - because there were probably a hundred similar tragedies that occur constantly - but he didn't "reach out" to them. Which doesn't make him wrong.

Eh, I am so just not a shary-type person - when my father passed, I admit I only told my supervisor and certain co-workers and friends about it - hell, my mother was pissed that she wasn't one of them (very long and convoluted story - for years, I didn't think she knew what his first name was, she disliked him so much).

Superstar James did remove the blog because it created an outcry. I suspect Jennifer may not have wanted the uproar, but I am speculating.

I am a big fan of Jennifer Hudson, next to Clay, she is the only other Idol I follow closely now (I just don't' "get" Fantasia's new music anymore) , and it became MORE SO when I first discovered she was doing Dreamgirls - I know more about Diana Ross and Motown than anyone else I know, right through the movie I knew which parts were taken right out of Motown and which were pure fiction.... I can rattle off facts and figures like you wouldn't believe!!! SOOOO, Dreamgirls was an exciting project to me, hence I watched numerous interviews of her with Beyonce and Jamie Foxx, and Jennifer made it clear how much she loved both of them. She referred to Beyonce at one point as her "Dream sister". (I also have a friend who sent me anything she came across about Dreamgirls, knowing what a Motown fanatic I was. I do not have the same level of interest in "Bees", even though Jennifer is in it. I barely know about it.

Here's the thing, it wasn't like Jennifer's mother had died in a car accident or cancer or something, I mean, that would have been bad enough, and anyone who knows anything about Jennifer knows that she's a mama's girl. When she was nominated for a Golden Globe, the first person she called was her mama. (Jennifer told this story a lot, saying she called her mother to tell her and her mom said "oh that's great baby, er... what's a Golden Globe?"

Jennifer could have taken ANYONE to the Academy Awards as her date, but she took.... her mother. Beyonce met Jennifer's mother on at least one occasion. Jennifer had always talked about her family, how important they are to her. Her MySpace friend's page had listed 1. Superstar James, 2. sister Julia, 3. brother Jason.

The thing is that her adored mother and brother were murdered in her childhood home, and for 3 days her nephew was missing, eventually found dead. This is a tragedy of catastrophic proportions in anyone's language.

Jennifer and Beyonce spent considerable time together during the making of Dreamgirls and then during the promotion. At first I was impressed with Beyonce. I mean, she was supposed to be the star of the movie. But she was pushed aside and ALL the attention for months and months was heaped on Jennifer. Everyone would do the customary interview with Beyonce, and then move on to Jennifer and gush over her. I was impressed that Beyonce seemed to take it in her stride.

A co-star in a movie is completely different to a co-worker in an office or any other workplace. The time spent together is more personal and intense because of the nature of the job. Beyonce was the first person to jump off her seat at the Academy Awards to hug Jennifer when her name was announced. I was impressed because I knew it could not have been easy to watch someone like Jennifer to steal all her thunder.

Anyway, my point is this, even if they had known each other briefly, they knew each other well enough to have each other's private email and phone number.

A number of people had said that they did not try to call Jennifer but they sent messages to her via various sources, not wanting to intrude on her privacy yet letting her know that they were there for her and thinking of her, praying for her. Oprah (apparently) attended the memorial then invited Jennifer and her fiance to stay at her home, somewhere safe and private. Donald Trump apparently accommodated her family at his hotel for a couple of weeks, during the worst time, so that they would have privacy and security. I understand a number of people made sure she knew she only had to ask, if she needed something.

I hate to be cynical, but when I heard that Beyonce had said "no, but I've been praying for her", the first thing that came to mind was ..."oh, praying that Jennifer NEVER recovers from this tragedy so that she is no longer a career threat to you?" Sorry but that really did cross my mind.

The bottom line is that if you have spent a chunk of time with someone and got to know them on a personal level, and something happens that causes them immense sadness, all it takes (in this day an age), is a few seconds to send them your thoughts. The thing is also that Superstar James wrote his blog because he was angry ... he said everyone knows how much Jennifer loves Beyonce.

Regardless of how people react differently to tragedy, the typical thing to do is to let the person know you are thinking of them, and if they are someone who values prayers (as Jennifer does since she is so religious), the offer of prayers are a great comfort to them. It doesn't cost money, it doesn't cost a lot of time, it just takes seconds to offer something that might momentarily soothe someone's pain. especially when you know that person is someone who loves and admires you,

Jennifer just happens to be the subject concerned, but I would feel this way about anyone who was snubbed at their darkest hour, by someone they loved and admired, and considered a friend.

ETA::

Right now, Beyonce is highly regarded by the UK X-factor people because she was so sweet to Alexandra Burke when Alex broke down and sobbed like a baby after performing with her. She then proceeded to say really lovely things about Alex. Everyone was raving about Beyonce, and if it hadn't been for this Jennifer incident, I would have been impressed too. However, I was cynical.... she had a TV audience of 13.5 million watching her sing with Alexandra and watching her being so sweet to Alex while she was sobbing. Then, still clutching Alex, she confirmed to the host that she would be back in the new year for her tour. She got to sing "If I Were a Boy" on X-factor. Go on, hit me for being so cynical (ducking...)!

jmh123 Like you, lots of people have gone searching for the original versions of Hallelujah and the 'purists' aren't at all happy with what Alexandra has done to the song, but I think the younger audience love her version because they aren't familiar with the others. I am just happy for Leonard Cohen... apparently he is broke because he got ripped off by someone ... same old same old story of artists who earned millions during their heyday but were totally blind to scammers because most creative people (well, usually) don't have the kind of brain that involves financial stuff and tend to place their trust and money in the wrong hands. So hopefully Hallelujah will generate some much needed royalties for Mr Cohen.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree - what happened to JHud was a catastrophic tragedy - it was - but the family who was killed when an Air Force jet crashed into their home was no less a tragedy, the Caffey murders this in Texas - were no less catastrophic but they weren't celebrities.

But co starring in the movies doesn't make people necessarily friends...or really even acquaintances. It is a intense experience but that also intensifies the good as well as the bad. And harsh though it may be, it sounds like JHud was a bit star struck and wanted to be friends - but that doesn't mean Beyonce had to be. And it was very nice of all those people to go over and above for JHud - but for those who didn't I simply don't think it makes them bad or insensitive people. There are lots of people that I have spent a chunk of time with - I have their home phone number - and wouldn't dream of imposing myself on them in their time of grief. Tosses off a quick text in response to a tragedy like that just seems so..I don't know. I do know I wouldn't do it. It just reminds me of my uncle's funeral when all these former coworkers of my uncle kept coming up to my aunt and saying the same meaningless things over and over and over again until my cousin had to take her out back. And on the praying thing? Notwithstanding your first reaction (which did seem a touch cynical), she did what most religious people do (which Beyonce is as well), not offer to pray, but just did. Sometimes whether you want to be prayed for or not. Maybe it's the way I was brought up, but you don't ask to pray for people (though people can ask for prayers).

Somehow, I don't think Beyonce's career is really all that threatened by JHud - Beyonce is as aware as anyone that there is plenty of room in entertainment and has been one of the highest profile entertainers since the '90's. Beyonce has a reputation as nice girl here in Houston - hasn't forgotten where she's come from - and from what little I've paid attention to, a very private person. And has gone through a fair amount of profession nastiness. Hell, didn't she even hide her marriage for a while? If, in all that happened, JHud was crushed because Beyonce didn't text her (which I find really hard to believe considering what she was going through), then I feel for the girl. But at this point, it strikes me that this famewhore of a "friend" - "Superstar James" person, posting because HE was angry at Beyonce (and no, everyone doesn't know how much JHud loves Beyonce) didn't accomplish anything except negativity. And frankly think JHud needs better taste in friends.

I take your point but as I said, I watched a lot of interviews and at all times, Beyonce behaved like she liked Jennifer and seemed very friendly. She jumped up and hugged Jennifer before she went on stage to accept her Oscar. I wonder why she did that if it wasn't sincere. I wouldn't be hugging anyone I didn't like enough to call them my friend, not even if it were the "thing to do".

Superstar James meant "everyone" in her circle of friends and associates. I actually PM'd him in YouTube as soon as I read his blog, and said to him, are you sure you haven't made a mistake? He replied, "Trust me, I haven't". He is not her best friend, just ONE of her best friends, he told me. I do agree with you though that he shouldn't have written the blog, but he is younger than Jennifer and I don't think he realized the repercussions. Jennifer and Beyonce cannot avoid each other because they work in the same industry and will see each other at all the usual big entertainment events. SO he wasn't doing JHud any favors but I think his emotions got the better of him. He was also close to the Hudson family so the loss was very personal and devastating to him as well.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree - what happened to JHud
was
a catastrophic tragedy - it was - but the family who was killed when an Air Force jet crashed into their home was no less a tragedy, the Caffey murders this in Texas - were no less catastrophic but they weren't celebrities.

The victims of the Air Force jet crash also made the news internationally, because it was WAS catastrophic.

Hud's news was prolonged because of the missing nephew. As soon as the nephew was found, that was the end of the updates on television here.

I get all my news online.

I take your point but as I said, I watched a lot of interviews and at all times, Beyonce behaved like she liked Jennifer and seemed very friendly. She jumped up and hugged Jennifer before she went on stage to accept her Oscar. I wonder why she did that if it wasn't sincere. I wouldn't be hugging anyone I didn't like enough to call them my friend, not even if it were the "thing to do".

Superstar James meant "everyone" in her circle of friends and associates. I actually PM'd him in YouTube as soon as I read his blog, and said to him, are you sure you haven't made a mistake? He replied, "Trust me, I haven't". I do agree with you though that he shouldn't have written the blog, but he is younger than Jennifer and I don't think he realized the repercussions. Jennifer and Beyonce cannot avoid each other because they work in the same industry and will see each other at all the usual big entertainment events. SO he wasn't doing JHud any favors but I think his emotions got the better of him. He was also close to the Hudson family so the loss was very personal and devastating to him as well.

I actually think it was awful that he did that. During this time of need the thing on his mind is that Beyonce didn't call Jennifer personally and that he is corresponding with strangers to verify that. Everyone around a celebrity isn't a great person. Kelly had some horrible people around her. They want a piece of a pie that they haven't earned. They just have the benefit of knowing her when He should be doing things more positive and productive. he's made it all the harder for Jennifer by turning what I think is probably HIS problem into a public problem. Can you imagine what "hack journalists" will be screaming at her now. I think making a movie together may be intense but it's also short lived. It's not like they've spent the last 10 years together like some people do with their co-workers. The movie industry is also superficial in a lot of ways. When your project wins you win. Or when you were already criticized for being jealous of someone you don't sit there and sulk if they win something. Look how happy Paula was for Clay when he won. Look how he went to bat for her. Doesn't make them friends.

KeepingFaith - I so agree with you about the psedu issues in Clay land. Meanwhile Clay is out living his life to the fullest. Why should I worry about something he apparantly isn't or why should I worry about something I have no idea that he's worried about. Or why should I worry about something I can't do anything about or before any facts are known. I could go on and on. heee

General musings:

Smitten You are moving within driving distance of me and I live in tourist heaven and have a guest room. Welcome to CA!!

Couchie You've been through the wringer. Maybe after things settle down, you and Mama can come to (see above) vist for a few days and walk on the beach and just relax.

Leave Clay and Reed alone web site: The loonies on this site are WORSE than the ones who WON'T leave Clay and Reed alone as far as I'm concerned. The frigging nerve of using pictures of people protesting Prop 8 and inserting words. I mean, who the hell do these bitches/bastards think they are??? (Snort)

Jennifer & Beyonce: This is SO their issue and since I know nothing whatsoever about their relationship, friendship, or any other damn thing, I'll let them handle it.

Dr. Kildare: I confess to owning one of those doctor Kildare shirts at one time. At the height of his popularity, I saw him on some interview show, and he can bouncing out in this bizarre zigzag striped outfit, giggling away. I thought to myself: There aint no woman living gonna get a piece of that. LOL. (Didn't change his being hot!)

Couchie, Superstar James said he held his tongue while listening to tons of people telling him how wonderful it was that Beyonce was at the memorial because that is what was reported in the media. He was there and knew she wasn't there. He must have asked Jennifer if she had heard from Beyonce. I am not making excuses for him, he did the wrong thing, and must have realized it because he removed it fairly quickly but not quickly enough because it had already been copied and pasted to a number of blogs and created a slinging match between pro Beyonce and anti Beyonce bloggers.

It is true that some co-stars in a film project don't get close but from all accounts, Beyonce, Jamie and Jennifer became very friendly, they had a lot of scenes together. Jamie Foxx did not contact Jennifer direclty but he sent a personal message to her. To me, it was all very odd, based on the information I had.

Celebrities give out their contacts details VERY selectively, for obvious reasons.

I've been following the conversation here about Beyonce and Jennifer Hudson. A couple of nights ago I caught just this much of Larry King's interview with Sarah Jessica Parker, and the Hudson family tragedy was briefly discussed. I found the transcript online:

KING: We're back with Sarah Jessica Parker, the goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. The drive is on. We hope you help. A couple of other things, I know Jennifer Hudson appeared with you in "Sex In The City." Have you been in touch with her since that tragedy?

PARKER: Yes, I have been in touch with her, just wanting her to know that any little or big thing I can do -- I think those of us who love her want to be there for her, to the degree that it's appropriate. I don't know her very well, so it's a delicate situation. You don't want to intrude on a person. But I just keep reminding her that I'm here, whatever that might mean to her. And it's an unthinkable situation, really. Unthinkable.

KING: How is she doing?

PARKER: You know, I think that -- I mean, the little bit that I would share is just that I think she's surviving. I don't know how a person navigates anything like this. And I think, you know, she has a lot of people around her who love her, and want the best for her. And I think nobody is prepared for something like this. But she is incredibly strong. She is a woman of faith, and I think she is figuring it out. I can't imagine what it must be like for her.

I've been following the conversation here about Beyonce and Jennifer Hudson. A couple of nights ago I caught just this much of Larry King's interview with Sarah Jessica Parker, and the Hudson family tragedy was briefly discussed. I found the transcript online:

KING: We're back with Sarah Jessica Parker, the goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. The drive is on. We hope you help. A couple of other things, I know Jennifer Hudson appeared with you in "Sex In The City." Have you been in touch with her since that tragedy?

PARKER: Yes, I have been in touch with her, just wanting her to know that any little or big thing I can do -- I think those of us who love her want to be there for her, to the degree that it's appropriate. I don't know her very well, so it's a delicate situation. You don't want to intrude on a person. But I just keep reminding her that I'm here, whatever that might mean to her. And it's an unthinkable situation, really. Unthinkable.

KING: How is she doing?

PARKER: You know, I think that -- I mean, the little bit that I would share is just that I think she's surviving. I don't know how a person navigates anything like this. And I think, you know, she has a lot of people around her who love her, and want the best for her. And I think nobody is prepared for something like this. But she is incredibly strong. She is a woman of faith, and I think she is figuring it out. I can't imagine what it must be like for her.

See, this makes sense to me, the way Sarah Jessica Parker handled such a sensitive situation. JHud's role in Sex in The City was small compared to her role in Dreamgirls. Beyonce had met Jennifer's mother, that was good enough reason to just reach out and say "if you need anything.....".

The same way it doesn't make sense to me - She says, "those of us who love her" and then goes on to say, "I don't know her very well," . If you don't know her, you don't love her. That's the bottom line for me. it's the "I just keep reminding her that I'm here, whatever that might mean to her. " And the first thing that would want to come out of my mouth is "You don't know me...leave me alone." But then again, it annoys me that King even asked her - it reminds me of every time some insensitive reporter sticks a microphone in a victim's face and asks "How does that make you feel?" But again the idea of being discussed on Larry King is horrific to me.

Well then, by the same token, Beyonce took the initiative to stand up and hug Jennifer before she went on stage to accept her Oscar. Now why would she hug someone she did not consider a good enough friend to send a message via ANY source at all, about a horrific tragedy that took the life of her mother, a person she had met.

The media is the media, and the point isn't that King wanted to discuss it but that Sarah Jessica Parker handled it sensitively. There are varying degrees of "love" and it can mean to care about someone without knowing them intimately. It is possible to connect with someone and care about them even if you haven't known them for long.

Okay, here's my 2 cents:

I love some people I haven't known very long, and don't know as well as I'd like to, or as well as I would if I had known them for 10 years, but I still love 'em!

As the Holidays are upon us, I'd like to pass along this gentle reminder to stay safe:

6 beers

1.jpg

4 glasses of wine

2.jpg

2 bottles of wine (shared)

7.jpg

Too many Margaritas

3.jpg

3 Kamikazes

5.jpg

7 Captain Morgans & Coke

8.jpg