#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Can you please reference where you are getting stuff? There was no mention of a piano player in the blurb that was brought over here. TIA. Sorry just one of my pet peeves. I hate having to go search for info elsewhere. ;)

IMO it's the Star....not exactly a reputable source...so I wouldn't be surprised if they got their info from the boards, or myspace, or whatever. Or made it up. I doubt they have any inside source. LOL.

In any case, I agree too, I just want Clay to be happy. And Reed is a cutie. IIT, I think it's awesome.

ETA: Only 405 more posts to go until I am a Chairman! Hee, I love the babysitter designation. :)

I love the babysitter designation
Actually, if I make it to that level of posts I'd prefer to have a 'daddylay-er' instead of a babysitter designation, if you don't mind. :hubbahubba::sleezy:

IIT, I'm tickled to death! I hope it is and that Clay and Reed are expressing their bendy selves in all kinds of fun and ecstatically exhausting ways. :sleezy:

Hee does that mean when he told Diane that"someday he would be in a relationship" he was.......lying?

Yes, and more power to him!!! So there!!

I'm joining that mad bitches club, whatever it is--I've had enough.

Anyway. :lilredani:

IMO it's the Star....not exactly a reputable source...so I wouldn't be surprised if they got their info from the boards, or myspace, or whatever. Or made it up. I doubt they have any inside source. LOL.

Or simply that they were in the same state at the same time. I'm sure there's a foot/yard/mile range that says any male within that range MUST be Clay's boyfriend.

Whatever.

If it's true, I hope he's as nice as he is cute & that they're happy. If it's not true, I still hope he's as nice as he is cute & that they're happy.

:lilredani:

The picture of Reed and Clay at Rosie's Gala is sooooo good. Two tall, good looking men. Hey! Think maybe Reed and his buff bod will make Clay wanna get all toned and whatnot? :lilredani:

nah...me neither. :hysterical:

ETA:

So if people start complaining about this do we just tell them to quit their kellyaiken?
Uh....merrieee? I think you forgot something....

:rimshot:

Hee does that mean when he told Diane that"someday he would be in a relationship" he was.......lying?

You are incorrigible, merrieeee. I think that's why I love ya so much!

As to the conversation about the Star and the tabloidy stuff -- I've said it before and I'll say it again. The media is ALL tabloid these days. Remember when Clay got after the Newsweek interviewer? You can get truth and lies and all points between from the NYTimes or National Enquirer. The Enquirer was the single source on the John Edwards scandal. They were right. TMZ turned out to be right about Jaymes and Clay expecting a baby. The NYTimes was dead wrong about weapons of mass destruction. That one cost untold thousands of lives.

There are no unimpeachable sources -- no paragons of journalistic integrity. It pains me, because righteous journalism is near and dear to my heart, but Whore Journalism and Propaganda Journalism is where we've been for a good while now, and I keep waiting for the paradigm shift, but not holding my breath. In the meantime, I read the whoring and propangandizing and edit with my brain. I can't get worked up to cull information from a stack of tainted sources and designate as either True or False. At this point, it is what it is .... Gossip. Believe it or don't believe it ... it's what passes for entertainment in a time when talent runs thin. Anyway, as long as people care who Clay is seeing, or who he broke up with, or who he's rumored to be involved with, etc. etc., then we'll read stuff about it. If nobody cares, Clay will have all the privacy in the world. But is that what he really wants? I know we want him to be known primarily for his amazing talent and wish that when he's mentioned on tabloid shows that it would be about promoting his next/latest/whatever album, but they do that stuff rarely, and Clay's had a good slice of good PR on those shows. His last ET was wonderful, I thought. So I'm not into the Clay Is Persecuted thing at all, because I think he's had a charmed career so far.

I think things have changed dramatically with Clay coming out. Where he once was hiding his romantic associations, he doesn't need to do that anymore since he has nothing at all to hide. Sometimes I think we are stuck, collectively, in an old mindset where privacy was a code word for closet. I hope that if Clay has a boyfriend he would be proud to show him off -- and to be shown off, for that matter. Anyway, I am so happy for Clay these days. If Reed is his guy, it's great for me. He's a darling guy with incredible eyes ... and he's so mmmmm ... flexible.

Let the fic begin!

Kelly Reed is a cutie. I hope Clay is DAMN happy IIT. I want to see the stories... I hated the tabloid treatment of Clay because he was always an unwanted thing - just very nasty stories. I remember saying..why is Clay never happy and in love and wanted. I'll still take everything with a grain of salt but happy I'm in love stories and Clay is my guy - still don't trust the tabloids but those won't make my blood boil.

I always thought "Just Jared" was publicist driven, so now I'm leaning more towards IT. In which case I'm happy for Clay that he can go out with someone he really cares for. Now we can get twice the cute in pictures. I sure hope the fff gnat is jealous.

I also hope I don't offend anyone but I've never read any of the CLay fanfic either with women or with guys or anyone elses either. And I'm not about ready to start. :whistling-1: I don't even read books about romance. I guess that's why I was an accountant. :clay:

He does dance, and I think models and does acrobatic type stunts. I checked out his myspace last night after someone posted a link on some other board. Some of those pictures are awesome. Very nice body and very bendy.

And I agree about the whole thing not being snide. Still never going to buy Star magazine or any of that other crap. However its nice to see good press and I really liked that picture of the two of them together.

What a cute couple! They could make beautiful babies together....oh wait!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH! merrieee! I caught myself thinking the very same thing! I guess we can be incorrigible together! (Does that mean that you love ME, too, keepingfaith? :lipstick:

I've read somewhere that a suggestion for this pairing is the Relay! heh....

Fear...I know you know that I have, in the past, written some stories but I take no offense at what you said. Different strokes for different...

uh.... :blink:

BWAH!

I don't know about the IIT or IIU, but here's one person's thought... I IM'd this pic to a friend on Sunday, and before I could say (type) anything about it she asked... WHO is that guy in the blue shirt??? She zeroed right in on him because of the way he has his hand on Clay's neck/shoulder. Now I know a photo is a moment in time, and they are all huddled in order to be in the shot, but it is a very possessive/intimate gesture- and it was the very first thing she said, without any knowledge of why I was showing her the photo. FWIW.

post-496-1228856027_thumb.jpg

From bgay.com:

Former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken is having his "Best. Year. Ever." The Broadway star fathered a son back in August and shortly after came out of the closet, and now he has been spotted with a hunky new boyfriend on his arm.

Don't you just love the spin now?

From bgay.com:

Former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken is having his "Best. Year. Ever." The Broadway star fathered a son back in August and shortly after came out of the closet, and now he has been spotted with a hunky new boyfriend on his arm.

Don't you just love the spin now?

Yeah, it will be interesting to see just how far it spins...

IIT or IINT, no matter to me - I actually hope IT cuz I think Reed is cute and appears to be a nice guy - but either way I just want Clay to be totally happy. It puts a big ole smile on my face! :lilredani:

Nice long supple fingers on Reed.

Oh yeah. I noticed that myself. Well...that and his obvious bendy-ness. Then my mind naturally went to Clay's own lovely, long, expressive fingers and flexible...er....joints.

:whistling-1:

Reed's 6'2" and Clay's 6'1" and both have long, lean, long....limbs and both are quite bendy and both have gorgeous eyes, although completely different kinds of eyes and both have amazing smiles and....

sigh.

Hell, the stories write themselves. :Thud:

Oh, and cindilu...what your friend noticed is the very same thing I noticed about that picture, too! sigh...