#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?

Awww, ldy! He's Cute AND What!!!

Cute? More like drop dead gorgeous...that Reed is one lucky fella! :hubbahubba:
Yes, they both are!!! (drop dead gorgeous and lucky!)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! More non-watermarked pics, pleaaaaaaase? Anyone?!!!

I'm heeee-eeere!! :)

Arrived about 4:30 PM to the welcoming waves of the goldarngirls' and the palm trees. It's WARM here! :dancingpickle: There's no SNOW here! :dancingpickle:

Had a great supper at Carraba's and have been gabbing ever since about Sardi's and Gala and Christmas music and concerts and cuteness and stuff in pockets and gorgeous eyes and....and....

I'm so glad I'm here!

Yay! Glad you finally made it safely, Claygary. And out of the snow!

Weird weather continues here... Near 0 yesterday, up to about 25 this afternoon with sleet around lunch time, but sidewalks & roads OK. By the time I left work around 3:30, it had changed to freezing rain and the roads & sidewalks were skating rinks! Accidents all over, roads closed. I stopped at the bank and saw two people fall in the parking lot on the way back to my car! Now it's up to almost 40 & raining. They're still saying almost 60 tomorrow...

Have been cleaning & trying to find my Christmas stuff amongst the unpacked sh... cra... stuff - the cats have been having a blast, hopping in & out of all the boxes - Merry Christmas to them! :lol:

It's snowing! I thought it wasn't going to start until this evening, but looks like it started early.

I was doing dishes and one of the Christmas music boxes that I have on the shelf by my kitchen window started playing all by itself...this one plays The Little Drummer Boy. It was very peaceful, doing the dishes, watching the snow fall and having the music playing softly.

I have quite a collection of music boxes and often one of them will start playing for no reason and I always believe it is my Mom and maybe even my Dad letting me know they are still around.

It all reminded me that this is a season of hope and even though many are missing loved ones, the birth of Jesus reminds us that one day we will see them again and there really is reason to celebrate.

As I look out my window there are birds at the feeder, sparrows and a beautiful red cardinal...they always put a smile on my face as it reminds me that Spring really isn't all that far away.

Kim

I believe you're right, Kim. Beautiful post. :hug:

I'm going to wish you all a very Merry Christmas since I'll probably be offline completely for the next few days. My family is European and, for us, December 24th is the big event. When my kids were little it was always Christmas Eve with my parents and I, then Christmas Day pickup by dad at 11 am and home around dinner. Now they see dad and co. before Christmas and we have two full days together with my mum.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! :BlowKiss:

A very Merry Christmas to you, too, Bella!

akim...loved your post. I was in a store yesterday waiting for a sales guy to help me pick out an inexpensive digital camera for Alex and my cell phone rang. It was my mom calling from the assisted living residence. She...was confused, said I'd never given her my number and so she'd had to get 'everybody here' to help her 'find' it.

I found myself feeling so impatient listening to her. I just wanted to hang up. And I know it's because I haven't visited her recently and I feel guilty. I was supposed to take her to her doctor's appt. last Wednesday but ended up having the visit to the endodontist from hell that afternoon, so hubby took her. There have been other opportunities to visit, though.

As I sit here at work listening to Clay sing holiday songs "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...now", I think of how the holidays must feel like for my mom and for other elderly people with even more advanced dementia...What do the holidays MEAN for them?

In San Francisco this weekend, the family did some shopping. We were on a city bus and a guy started doing that 'guess which cup the button's under' thing. Carrie was fascinated and was calling out the answer and the guy gave her a dollar! She thought she was hot shit. :cryingwlaughter: So a little later after we shopped for Christmas gifts, she and I were waiting outside a store waiting for hubby and Alex, and a very down and out man in a manual wheelchair pushed himself by us to stop at nearby. He was breathing hard from the exertion of pushing and his shoes were hardly in one piece. He had smiled, though, when he went by.

I turned back and waited and then Carrie said, "Mom, is it okay if I give my dollar to that man?"

I said, "Sure, honey, if that's how you'd like to use it." So she did and when she came back, she said, "That felt good!"

:wub: So I talked with her about the idea of 'pay it forward' and she was a happy camper.

When I think of that---That little dollar won't buy that man much, but I bet it made HIM feel warmer, too. So maybe I can't be everything to my mother, or do everything right or be able to make her happy all the time...but maybe just a little bit now and then will be good, huh?

[/schmoopie post]

Aww, I loved your schmoopie post, muski. Hugs for {{{you, Carrie & your mom}}}.

These are the only one's I've found so far ~

Clay_Cari3_Sardis122308nwm.jpg

Clay_Cari4_Sardis122308nwm.jpg

Clay_Cari_Sardis122308nwm.jpg

Well, crap. This day just went to hell in a handbasket.

I washed my husband's iPod Nano in the washer.

Crap.

I'm not sure if he'll speak to me any time soon.

Crap.

I think I'm going to hide now.

'Night all.

Crap.

Crap.

'Night all.

oh no! Im sorry that happened...big hugs!

my mom washed my cell phone once..and I flushed my cell phone down the toilet...I get a new phone a lot lol

I love the sardi's pictures, I think he looks fantastic!

Crap.

Crap.

'Night all.

I'd try taking it apart and drying it out. Maybe by some miracle it will work.

Don't feel bad ldyjocelyn, I'm pretty sure my husband dropped and broke my laptop a few days ago. I have been away frm home so much with WFI that I hadn't been on my laptop but noticed a crack in the screen and a blue screen when I turned it on. He finally admitted he might have set it down a little hard. :cry4: My desktop is Okay though.

We have had so many wonderful people volunteering to WFI this year: adult men and women, high school age boys and girls. They are not there for Clay but to help the BAF continue offering their services to children of all abilities. It is really all about the children. Tommorrow is our last day and we are all pretty much exhausted but it is so worth it. Although yesterday a woman came up to me to get a gift wrapped and started discussing Clay. She, her college-age daughter and her husband love him. She finally admitted that she didn't really need her gift wrapped but wanted to talk about Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

I hope everyone at FCA has a wonderful Christmas Eve, if celebrating it. :xmaskick:

Crap.

Crap.

'Night all.

Bummer!

So did he leave the iPod in his pocket? I can't see you deliberately tossing it in the washer.

Thanks, annabear, for the latest pictures of a very cute and happy looking Clay.

So did he leave the iPod in his pocket?

BWAH! Lotus! I read ldyjocelyn's post out loud and my hubby said, "Well...he shouldn't have left it in his pocket if he wanted his pants washed."

I've trained him well.... B)

I'm sure you can find a way to make it up to him, ldyj... :sleezy:

Someone on CV found Clay's uber fugly sweater (IMO)...Actually, it looks good on the model in the ad....with the black tee shirt underneath...That would most likely improve the overall 'presentation' vastly from the combo with the bright button down sweater Clay chose.

Please...NOW you can choose a tee shirt, Clay!

Howdy, FCA!! I missed all y'all while I was away! And I had a heckuva welcome back--first thing I saw when I clicked the topic were a zillion pictures of stubble!Clay! I just about died, but that's OK. Near-death experiences are a small price to pay for stubble!Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

Anyway, being gone for a week makes it hard to catch up with the topic. I was still on page thirty. (And my fingers keep adding a 'd' to that word... odd...) This computer is going to get really slow once the clock strikes 12, though, so I'll have to catch up later.

Dangit, why didn't I make a note of the stubble!Clay page? D'OH!!

WhiteChristmas.jpg

Wishing y'all a wonderful Christmas (for those of you who celebrate it).

Hope Santa believes you've been good all year!!!!!!

ETA: Scarlett, I clicked on your Avatar to make it bigger (it didn't) so see what it was. I can't tell from that size.

KAndre, have a great trip. Can you grab me one of these cars?

These are the only one's I've found so far ~

Clay_Cari3_Sardis122308nwm.jpg

Clay_Cari4_Sardis122308nwm.jpg

Clay_Cari_Sardis122308nwm.jpg

Thanks so much annabear!!!

:XmasRed:

Ldyj, awww it'll be alright. LOTBS, he'll have a reason to get an upgrade next time. Apple will probably announce something new during CES in January.

ETA: {{{luckiest}}} and glad to know you made it, FromClaygary!

ldyj, did you try the iPod out? Becoss my daughter's nano went through the washer and the dryer and the damned thing still works!

FromClaygary, glad you made it safe and sound. Here are some early morning pictures of the crappy beautiful weather we are now having, just for you. It snowed a lot over night but it's now currently raining, making the snow much heavier than usual.

th_IMG_0249.jpg

This is my car, snowed into the driveway.

th_IMG_0251.jpg

And this is the evil snowplow who did it. Heh, after my neighbour got stuck, blocking the road, the snowplow driver got out and helped to push him. Then he apologized to both of us for doing his job. OK, I know I'm bitter, but I'm not that bitter! People gotta do what they gotta do.

And now, to try and get myself into the Christmas spirit after shovelling that lovely shit snow for half an hour and still not making a dent in it, I leave you with picture of my grand pug puppy all decorated for the festive event this evening.

th_IMG_0247.jpg

Back to the snow I go, to spell son #2 who is currently doing his portion of the shovelling-mom-out-for-work duty. Happy Christmas Eve, y'all!

So did he leave the iPod in his pocket?

BWAH! Lotus! I read ldyjocelyn's post out loud and my hubby said, "Well...he shouldn't have left it in his pocket if he wanted his pants washed."

I've trained him well.... B)

I'm sure you can find a way to make it up to him, ldyj... :sleezy:

Well, see that's actually part of the problem. He left his sweatpants on the floor; I picked them up and threw them in the laundry; and then told him I was going to wash them. He told me after the fact that I should have just left them on the floor, because he wasn't planning on washing them right away. *eyeroll* As much as I've tried to "train" him, it just doesn't work.

Anyway, he hasn't turned the thing on yet -- from what we've read on the web, it's best to let the thing dry out for a day or two. I've also found a local iPod repair place, and I'm hoping they have hours today that we can run the thing in to them. We really need to have the thing ready to go by Friday evening, because hubby wants to take it on the plane Saturday. He'd be lost without it!

Glad you are back clayzycoffin! Did you have a good trip?

I just KNEW someone would find that sweater. I personally like it, and don't even mind at all the shirt with it. As someone said to me last night, that combo is just HIM. That's the way he dresses, and I don't think that's ever going to change. *shrug* Yes, I know -- the music business is all about "image" -- but that's one of the reasons why I love Clay Aiken. He breaks the rules, damn it. It's never been about his clothes or his hair to me (or frankly for me, even about the voice) -- it's about HIM. Even with all the revelations in the past year, I still admire the hell out of the man he is, and wish I could be half as strong as him.

I also wish I could afford that sweater. *g*

OK, I'm going to try and go back to bed for a while. Wish me luck.

WireImage finally has their pictures from yesterday up.

Good Morning Everyone,

Enjoying the quiet before I get started on my very busy day of cleaning, cooking and grocery shopping. Loved pictures from the stage door last night...I just can't get over how wonderful he has been looking.

3 Days until Clay is on The Waiting List! :yahoo:

11 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

33 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

can't sleep - been up since 3 paying bills. thank god that's over

Thanks to whoever it was that spelled out what Clay wrote on his caricature. Even with glasses, apparantly I still can't see. :cryingwlaughter: I enjoyed the pictures. He's sucha goofball and very cute. And then in the stage door pictures that were posted yesterday - he's HOT. How does he do that? He can still look a thousand different ways.

I wish everyone a happy holiday and hope you are doing something fun. Clay will be with his sweet for his very first Xmas.

It just hit me today that i'll be in NY next week. Totally am not prepared..well I do have my coat that I bought for the heartland tour last year. So I guess I'm set. Heee I have a coat apparantly reserved for Clay Aiken trips. Not looking forward to the cold. All I keep seeing is Solo's frozen glove that she dropped next to the car last year in wherever it was we were hee. Or that my body froze to the bone in the ten seconds from the rental car to the airport van in chicago. Ok off to check weather.com...maybe it won't be so bad :freezing:

Have fun in Japan K!!