#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

I wish everyone a happy holiday and hope you are doing something fun. Clay will be with his sweet for his very first Xmas.

Hey you left out a word, couchie!

Now - is that word "P" or 'heart" ??

bwah..well hopefully he has one of each..but deinitely meant his Sweet P!!

OMG, luckiest, you make me feel so much better!! Thank God that didn't happen Monday when I was driving. But I SURE hope you get at least some reprieve from the shovelling and miserable driving for the holidays!

:huh: I may not be able to FIND my house and car when I get back! Buffalo had about 4 ft of snow on the ground when I was there.

ldyj, I so agree about the clothes; they are SO him in all their quirkiness! Love him to pieces, including every . single . little . foible. It's all part and parcel of the "him" that is him.

Fear, for some dumb reason your WFI tale brought a quick tear; it's so nice to hear once in a while about all the people who are out there loving him and we have NO idea...

The refrigerator is cleaned out! Can't believe the amount of tupperware with leftovers I had in there that no one was eating, not to mention a couple of science projects that I have no idea what they were originally, how embarrassing. But now it is all cleaned and ready for the Christmas goodies. Next...the pantry. Need to see what I have and what I need to get.

Fear That is the best part about WFI...just talking to people and letting them know about the Foundation...we find that once we explain what it is about, so many are more the generous and really appreciate what it is doing. We don't talk up Clay much, so it is always nice when someone recognizes the name and says they are a fan.

We get so wrapped up in our little internet world, that I think we forget that Clay does have a lot of fans out there who are not on the boards but do admire him and appreciate his talents.

One of the reasons why I never worry about Clay or where his career is going...so looking forward to 2009 and the best yet to come!

Kim

Cool blog

Dr. Frank Spinelli, who wrote "The Advocate -Guide to Gay Man's Health and Wellness" was at Spamalot tonight and blogged about it:

http://spinellimd.wordpress.com/2008...rse-is-broken/

Quote:

The Broadway Curse is broken?

Could it be?

My favorite American Idol

Tonight I took my sister Maria, her husband Marc and their four children, Matthew, Michael, Madeline and Mitchell to Spamalot. Yes, I braved another Broadway show despite my previous bad luck, and I am happy to report Clay Aiken performed.

Earlier as I raced to Planet Hollywood to join them for dinner, I thought, “Please God, don’t let Clay suddenly come down with mercury poisoning or a sprained ankle.”

FYI, sources say that good ‘ole Marissa “cankles” Winoker has already missed performances in the reunited cast of Hairspray. Bravo Harvey. Show her how it’s done. If you want my advice Marissa try chewing on some Vitamin D and Calcium. Maybe that will strengthen up those weary bones of yours.

But back to Clay…Clay was a revelation, like fire and music, prancing about the stage as if he was a seasoned performer and not some second place American Idol contestant. We were granted a tour backstage. In my man-purse I had a gift wrapped copy of my book, The Advocate Guide to Gay Men’s Health and Wellness. I intended to give it to Clay should fate bring us together by chance. But our tour guide was bustling us through so quickly I couldn’t ask for anything more. Just as the tour was winding down, and my family took their last photo; I looked toward the stage door and out of the corner of my eye, I saw that shock of red hair. Then, like a commercial for Clairol, Mr. Aiken turned his head toward me and we were suddenly standing face to face.

I kid you not.

Without hesitation I reached into my handbag, swiftly withdrew the package from my purse and handed it over to his welcoming hand.

“Clay,” I said. “This is for you.”

“Thank you,” he smiled. “What’s your name?”

Oh, the rest is history. All you need to know is that Broadway doesn’t give up on you, if you don’t give up on it. Merry Christmas.

Clay was a revelation, like fire and music

Thread title?

I just KNEW someone would find that sweater. I personally like it, and don't even mind at all the shirt with it. As someone said to me last night, that combo is just HIM. That's the way he dresses, and I don't think that's ever going to change. *shrug* Yes, I know -- the music business is all about "image" -- but that's one of the reasons why I love Clay Aiken.

Yep.

Hoo boy....I sure can not see either of my grandfathers wearing that sweater, or my Dad or Mr. Rogers for that matter. :hysterical: I can see Son#2 (26) wearing it. His more conservative dressing brother? Not a chance.

I tend to think Clay wears the clothes he wants to wear. If he felt he needed any guidance I have no doubts that he knows exactly where to find that *g*

Ah well...in a month or so ... no more new sweaters and hairstyles for awhile. *sadness*

---

Couchie...I'm amazed that my Phillie/NY trip is almost here too. After the Holiday's and my trip are behind me I'd sure like to settle in for a loooong winter's nap. :lol:

---

Kid's are here but will spend the day w/their Dad's side of the family and tomorrow with me. We went out to a nice dinner last night and now they are all snoozing away. Tomorrow we will have pizza and play board games and go to a movie. We're pretty low-key about it all, because that's the way we all want it. Makes it much less stressful.

I hope everyone at FCA has the holiday they want.

Remember to be good to yourselves :BlowKiss:

I just hope that when I lie dying I have the strength left to

crawl to my computer and delete

5000 frigging pictures of Clay before my family

finds out I'm insane.

wanda.... BWAH!!! You are insanely funny and succinct! :cryingwlaughter:

Christmas starts tonight. I have to finish my dessert and giftbag/wrap all my presents and then drive 70 miles in Christmas Eve traffic... other than that I don't have a thing to do today!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I love the Sardi's pictures. That siggie was a hoot! I think the man is priceless! I looked at that sweater/shirt combo and just laughed, it was sooo Clay! I love him!!!

May those of you who are in bad weather be fully able to get the groceries, etc you need to day and do it safely!!! I'm soooo thankful I live in SoCal and only have to battle traffic!!! MUAH!!!

loved the blog and he's kinda cute. But I had to laugh cuz when I saw the "buy the book" button I almost clicked on it out of Clay habit. :cryingwlaughter: But then wondered..which one of the 5 people on my xmas list (mom and 2 neices and 2 nephews) would I give it to. hee.

ETA: Get used to the posthoing...I'll be unempoyed in 6 days. I'm looking forward to it!!

You know, it really is incredible how much 'stuff' Clay has experienced in a (relatively) few short years. I wonder if simply sits and shakes his head sometimes? I'm sure when he stood in line in Atlanta, he dreamed of platinum records and performing in front of thousands of screaming fans, but....

I mean seriously - did he ever imagine his caricature on the wall in Sardi's? That he would travel internationally as a UNICEF ambassador? That his hopes and dreams for inclusion for all children would be that much closer to fruition because of a foundation that he created?

I really believe that his story only could have happened in Season Two of AI - before we saw 'behind the curtain', while the show was still innocent (IMO only of course). Something special happened - and then five years later, that something happened again. He found just the right show, at just the right time, because I also believe Spamalot was the perfect venue to introduce him to that world. It has gained him new fans, new respect - and a whole new family as well.

How could he not just sit and shake his head at times? I know I do - and I have that ICG permanently etched on my face while doing it.

:lilredani:

Howdy, FCA!! I missed all y'all while I was away! And I had a heckuva welcome back--first thing I saw when I clicked the topic were a zillion pictures of stubble!Clay! I just about died, but that's OK. Near-death experiences are a small price to pay for stubble!Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

Anyway, being gone for a week makes it hard to catch up with the topic. I was still on page thirty. (And my fingers keep adding a 'd' to that word... odd...) This computer is going to get really slow once the clock strikes 12, though, so I'll have to catch up later.

Dangit, why didn't I make a note of the stubble!Clay page? D'OH!!

Welcome back!! :lilredani:

Maybe that he's the first AI alumni to be honored at Sardi's?

I love his inscription on the picture. He's definitely not the first AI Alum on Broadway, but the first to get the star imprimatur from Sardi's. He looks to die for. I rarely notice his clothes, but that's because I rarely notice my own or anyone else's, for that matter, as I'm not a clothes person by any stretch. But hair is something else, probably because I've always had to fuss with my own for a lifetime, and his hair looks just right to me in those Sardi's pics. The cheekbones are gorgeous, baby!

Like everyone else on Christmas Eve I am meeting myself coming and going, and I'm off again in a couple of minutes, but I want to say ....

Happy Christmas and Joyful Channukah, Everyone!

playbill.com

Photo Call: Clay Aiken Honored with Sardi's Caricature

PHOTO CALL: Clay Aiken Honored with Sardi's Caricature

By Matthew Blank

December 24, 2008

"American Idol" finalist Clay Aiken, who currently portrays Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot, was honored Dec. 23 with a caricature that now adorns the walls of the famed eatery Sardi's.

As a recording artist, Aiken has sold six million albums. His latest, "On My Way Here," was released last spring. He co-authored the best selling book "Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life" and has played six sold-out concert tours since rising to fame on the second season of "American Idol" in 2003. Aiken made his Broadway debut in Spamalot in a Jan. 18-May 4 limited engagement. He returned to the show Sept. 19 and will remain in the role through Jan. 4, 2009.

Spamalot, which will end its Broadway run Jan. 11, 2009, plays the Shubert Theatre at 225 West 44th Street.

Here is a look at the Tuesday evening caricature unveiling:

aikensardis460a_1230145161.jpg

Clay Aiken receives his caricature from Sardi's owner Max Klimavicius

aikensardis225b.jpg

aikensardis225a.jpg

aikensardis460b.jpg

Clay Aiken with fellow Spamalot cast members.

The thing about the Sardis pictures that I find so endearing is Clay's taking a picture of the picture with his cell phone.

LOL.

Wonder whom he is sending it to?

So, if some of y'all heard a small explosion this morning, followed by the unmistakable whistle of steam escaping a pair of human ears, do not fret. T'was me after reading a shipment-delayed email, but I'm recovering my zen. Stupid Barnes and Noble! I only ordered from them because of their online special coupons...and I had plenty of time to get the order in, right? Um. Nah...that would be too easy! So, the biggest order I placed on the internet this Christmas will be arriving on December 30th. How sweet. I mean, cripes...I could have purchased most of this stuff in person at a local store!

So, anyway...it was good to log in this morning to see Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness, in all his finery. God, but His Royal Cuteness is looking...cute! :)wandacleo, I found that picture adorable, too. I was trying to locate it to show my Clay-fan kid, but WENN is apparently down for maintenance. Anyone save it?

clay-aiken-sardis-restaurant-carica.jpg

I just KNEW someone would find that sweater. I personally like it, and don't even mind at all the shirt with it. As someone said to me last night, that combo is just HIM. That's the way he dresses, and I don't think that's ever going to change. *shrug* Yes, I know -- the music business is all about "image" -- but that's one of the reasons why I love Clay Aiken. He breaks the rules, damn it. It's never been about his clothes or his hair to me (or frankly for me, even about the voice) -- it's about HIM. Even with all the revelations in the past year, I still admire the hell out of the man he is, and wish I could be half as strong as him.

absolutely! me to, I never noticed clothes or hair before Clay, I dont plan to start now lol I never knew how much hair was important till I became a Clay fan, and as someone that wears my pajamas whenever Im home, and tries to be as comfortable as possible lol its funny, Ill see 2 hairstyles that look exactly the same to me, but to most everyone else one would be bad...and the other would be awesome lol I dont get it, most spikes look the same to me...most long hair looks the same to me, unless he changes it drastically I dont even notice till its pointed out to me lol

anyways..I think he looks fantastic!

merry christmas eve day to everyone!

I'm that way too with the clothes, hair, make-up, etc. Don't pay attention to any of it unless it's pointed out and then could really care less. I mainly just look at his face, although sometimes other areas will pop out to get my attention. He is just so darn cute.

ldyj, loved everything you said in your long post, at least in regards to Clay. Bummer about the phone but if your husband gives you too much grieve, tell him he can start doing his own clothes.

00lsee, the cell phone pic is here in the thread - page 42 I think. He's SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

ETA: and here are the un-watermarked ones from justjared. Hee!

clay-aiken-sardis-restaurant-car-3.jpg

clay-aiken-sardis-restaurant-car-2.jpg

He's so sweet - I wonder who he texted it to? *big big grin*

Fudge is done...Taffy Apple Salad is done...still have dishes to wash...then I need to make meatballs, little weiners wrapped in bacon, hot pineapple salad; veggies, cheese tray...get the table set...by the time hubby gets up from his nap the food will be ready and I will need a nap.

I don't pay much attention to Clay's clothes either...I just see that smile and nothing else matters!

The sun is shining now after being drizzly all morning...we no longer have snow...it is just dirty slush...not very Christmasy.

Kim