#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

It snowed a couple of inches last night and has been raining all day. The pretty white snow is now dark and dirty by the roads. Does not make good pictures.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday time this year. I am looking forward to a better 2009. Personally it was a rough year with the death of my grandson and MIL, and the loss of my husband's job. I think with Clay the best is yet to come. Those pictures from yesterday are to die for. He looks gorgeous.

aikim... you make me feel so inadequate. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I just looked in my freezer and took out some turkey wings and added that to the pork roast I was suppsed to cook for dinner yesterday, called my sister and told her to bring over that extra stuffing I threw in her freezer on Thanksgiving cuz I'd made too much... think I'll go buy a salad and a pie and I think Xmas dinner is a go. :cryingwlaughter: And there is one sorry little gift under our tree. But the tree is oh so pretty.

I'm babysitting today and the kids are driving me up a freakin' wall. I salute all of you parents.

I'm watching goldarngirl and luckiest1's best of Clearwater JNT05. All things considered, this is my favourite Christmas tour. He really did put on a show for us. Heee - I forgot how much I loved the opening (the only kind of snow I like!) ETA: He needs to record this version of Jingle Bells.

Merry Christmas, everybody. With Love!

aikim... you make me feel so inadequate. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I just looked in my freezer and took out some turkey wings and added that to the pork roast I was suppsed to cook for dinner yesterday, called my sister and told her to bring over that extra stuffing I threw in her freezer on Thanksgiving cuz I'd made too much... think I'll go buy a salad and a pie and I think Xmas dinner is a go. :cryingwlaughter:

Hey...we're having frozen pizza this year. It's is California Kitchen. But, still. :cryingwlaughter:

Welcome back, clayzycoffin! :hello:

I just KNEW someone would find that sweater. I personally like it, and don't even mind at all the shirt with it. As someone said to me last night, that combo is just HIM. That's the way he dresses, and I don't think that's ever going to change. *shrug* Yes, I know -- the music business is all about "image" -- but that's one of the reasons why I love Clay Aiken. He breaks the rules, damn it. It's never been about his clothes or his hair to me (or frankly for me, even about the voice) -- it's about HIM. Even with all the revelations in the past year, I still admire the hell out of the man he is, and wish I could be half as strong as him.

:yeahthat: And hee - I believe that someone was meeeeeee! :tongue09:

Dec23dd4.jpg

dancerdad from last night's stagedoor. Dark hair; babyburns; long, luscious lashes. I do believe I'm in lurve. :sm227:

Me too. :flirtysmile3:

I love the Sardi's pictures. That siggie was a hoot! I think the man is priceless! I looked at that sweater/shirt combo and just laughed, it was sooo Clay! I love him!!!

Thread title?

Those Sardi pictures! My ICG is working overtime. e1269.gif

Clay really is a treasure. I can't wait to see him on January 4th! e1269.gif

Another thread title?

You know, it really is incredible how much 'stuff' Clay has experienced in a (relatively) few short years. I wonder if simply sits and shakes his head sometimes? I'm sure when he stood in line in Atlanta, he dreamed of platinum records and performing in front of thousands of screaming fans, but....

I mean seriously - did he ever imagine his caricature on the wall in Sardi's? That he would travel internationally as a UNICEF ambassador? That his hopes and dreams for inclusion for all children would be that much closer to fruition because of a foundation that he created?

I really believe that his story only could have happened in Season Two of AI - before we saw 'behind the curtain', while the show was still innocent (IMO only of course). Something special happened - and then five years later, that something happened again. He found just the right show, at just the right time, because I also believe Spamalot was the perfect venue to introduce him to that world. It has gained him new fans, new respect - and a whole new family as well.

How could he not just sit and shake his head at times? I know I do - and I have that ICG permanently etched on my face while doing it.

:lilredani:

*sniff* Yeah, all of that. :wub:

Pic via the CH:

Is it too late to have a fireplace installed in my house? 'Cause I'd really, really, really like to have this Santa slide down my chimney...

SantaClay.jpg

Damn. I knew I should have bought the condo *with* the fireplace! :rolleyes:

Safe travels to all hitting the roads & sky this week. :canfly: May you all have a wonderful holiday with family & friends!

happyholidays014.gif

Awe Couchie you're doing fine! I really do love to cook but what I made was pretty simple...we always do finger foods on Christmas Eve...just put it on the table and they can eat whenever they want.

I remember the chaos of having little ones and I have to say I am really enjoying now with my kids all grown...hope Clay is having a wonderful Christmas with Parker.

Kim

Thanks aikim. Those pigs just keep flying.

Glad you appreciated my NJU story fromclaygary. We finished up th WFI around 5:30 today. We are all physically wiped out. I am just so thankful for the new volunteers, adults and students who helped make it a success. This was our fourth year at the mall and hopefully they will want us back again next year. Georgiesmybaby did another great job in organizing it. We had several special needs persons working. And what delights they were.

And now I have absolutely no desire to wrap any gifts I bought. I just wish everything would fit in gift bags. :sayitagain:

I'm so proud of Clay for having his caricature at Sardis. We must not be the only ones who see a great future for him. :believeitornot:

Merry Christmas Eve, FCA! We are pigging out on chips & chocolate here, after having spaghetti for dinner. Rented some unknown romantic comedy movie & watched it, now the kids are back to their ongoing House marathon. We've determined that there are precious few gifts under the tree that we can actually open tomorrow morning, so it's going to be an early breakfast. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm so, so glad to be done with work for 4 whole days. I managed to get enough done on the project last night & today (whilst doing another job) that I can leave it alone until Monday. Wheeeeeeeeee!

Tomorrow, we are going to have roast beef for dinner (with a turkey breast on the side for son #1 who doesn't like red meat). Pumpkin pie for dessert. We will probably save the big turkey dinner for Chinese New Year, so my niece can experience the real thing when she gets here, instead of the faux turkey dinner my brother took her out to last night in Taipei at an American restaurant. Apparently, she liked everything but the stuffing! But what she is most looking forward to is seeing snow for the first time. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope it keeps snowing through February. Eeeep, someone wash my mouth out with soap.

Everyone is stuffed to the gills, the kitchen is cleaned and in about 10 hours the real festivities begin. Emily and Mike will be here at 10:00 a.m.; so I will probably be up around 7:00 to begin breakfast. Then to my sister's in the afternoon.

Watching "It's a Wonderful Life" now...Christmas Eve tradition and I still get misty at the end even though I have see it many times.

Kim

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

A Buddhist said, “Tell me, what is this day you cherish so, that you call Christmas?” And the stranger from the West said, “Christmas is not a day, really. It is light, I think. It comes when days are shortest and darkest and hearts despair, and it reminds us that winter death is a temporary thing and that light and life are eternal. And it is hope. For it demonstrates how kind and generous and self-forgetting human beings can be. And we know that what people can be sometimes, they can, if they will, be most times. And assuredly it is love. Its symbol is a newborn babe, warm and safe in his mother’s arms. To be sure, he was born a long, long time ago. Yet through the ages his influence as he became a man and the truths he taught and the love he incarnated have proved stronger and dearer in matters that matter most than all the kings and armies and governments of history. Oh, whatever else it may be, Christmas indeed is love.”

“I think I understand,” the Buddhist said. “Christmas is like a lotus blossom. When it blooms, it holds, as in a chalice, the beauty of the world.”

“Yes, you do understand,” said the Stranger from the West. “When it comes, Christmas brings the light that redeems us from darkness, the hope that casts out fear, and the love that overcomes the world. ‘It is Christmas!’ We rejoice. And suddenly, the lotus blooms . . .”

- Waldemar Argow

-------------------------------------------------

ETA: Yay for the nice holiday, goldarngirl and FromClaygary! You're actually warmer than we are -- we're at 62 degrees right now, just right for me!

So, if some of y'all heard a small explosion this morning, followed by the unmistakable whistle of steam escaping a pair of human ears, do not fret. T'was me after reading a shipment-delayed email, but I'm recovering my zen. Stupid Barnes and Noble! I only ordered from them because of their online special coupons...and I had plenty of time to get the order in, right? Um. Nah...that would be too easy! So, the biggest order I placed on the internet this Christmas will be arriving on December 30th. How sweet. I mean, cripes...I could have purchased most of this stuff in person at a local store!

Well I paid extra to get my brother's presents from Amazon. They are still not here. I did the tracking thing with Fedex. Yesterday morning at 8:30am they were on a truck for delivery about 20 minutes from my house. Last night at 8pm they were back at the Fedex facility. This morning about 8:30am they were back on a truck for delivery, about 20 minutes from my house. Tonight at 7pm, they were back at the Fedex facility! What the fuck?? Isn't Fedex the one who says "When it absolutely, positively has to be there"??????

So now my brother - who really only cares about the presents when it come to Christmas, won't have anything. His bitch-wife will probably convince him I did it on purpose!

I have already emailed Amazon asking for the money I paid for the fast shipping that would get it to me in time for Christmas to be refunded. We'll see if that happens.

Bah humbug!!!!

I hate Christmas. I try every year to like it but I just hate it. It just depresses me. And last year's JNT just depressed me even more.....

**Sigh**

But to all who love it and can actually feel the lovely sentiment expressed in Scarlett's post, I am envious. And I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Hey CG..I wasn't really in the Xmas spirt..well a little bit..but not really...but now that I've watched the mother of all Xmas movies, Die Hard, I'm all set :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: What? It IS a Christmas movie. heee

Also I finally opened up the Walmart OMWH you sent me and I'm wearing my find my grail bracelet. I will wear it until I don't know..I find a job or something heee.

Clayzor thanks for the links

Scarlett... thanks for the wisdom..