#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Hi Everyone, Sorry I missed the holidays. I have been down really sick for a week. I was fine last weekend and then BAM late Sunday night got hit by a horrible flu followed by a sinus infection (I am prone to them; this is my 2nd or 3rd this year but definitely the worst). In the words of Mr. Aiken, I thought I was gonna die!!! Well maybe not, but I sure did feel like total crap. I spend Christmas watching a House marathon and eating popsicles and then went to the doctor yesterday and got some antibiotics. (I love Augmentin) So I am finally starting to feel a bit alive today although my voice is totally shot. My cats can't figure it out. lol Hoping now that I have the antibiotics I will get better quickly cause I gotta be well to see Clay next weekend!

I am massively behind but wanted to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas. Hope your holidays were filled with friends, family and love.

Merry Christmas claylove. I hope you can make up for the time lost being sick. Sinus infections are the pits.

I hope everyone has a great time at Spamalot. I guess I'm one of the few not going. :cry4: I'm sure Clay will feel the love from the claynation.

But on the bright side of life my husband feels so bad about breaking my laptop that he offered to pay for a new one. :dancingpickle:

Hi, claylove. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Bottlecap, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess I just don't know where to look or something because I seriously scoured for an hour... I'd thought I'd already had a good version saved, but I was wrong.

liney23--Those are good suggestions. I'll have to try them out. I didn't figure out how to resize pictures until I was almost finished (Paint... computer stupidity... yep!) which is why that one is so big (and on its side!). I need to resize that black and white one too (the one between the two you were talking about) because as it is, there's a stripe of black background color beneath it that is bugging me.

ETA: I think, if I just tried reversing those pictures, they would probably end up distorted because the one is so small and the other so big... Hm.

Adding yet another item to the list of 'things I'd only do for Clay Aiken' -- I subscribed to FOX NEWS channel this afternoon, and plan to watch Geraldo Rivera on television. *hangs head*

Don't forget - 10:00 pm folks.

clayzcoffin - if you're looking for a free program - try googling GIMP. It's as close to Photoshop as you can get, and it's free. I have Photoshop (thanks to school) and PSP XI, and honestly for blends, etc, I absolutely prefer PSP. There are literally thousands of free tutorials out there on the net.

HAPPY 27TH FCA!!! The last Saturday of 2008!

Bears-09-Spamalot.jpg

A-DOR-A-BUBBLE...that's all.

TOO CUTE!!!!!

Okay, so that wasn't all, so sue me. I want one! :)

Some random things I remember from the performance:

1) Clay had a ring on! His middle finger, left hand. (I think it was his left hand..)

Big :hello: and Happy Trails to all going to NYC this weekend. I'll be there next weekend, and hope to see a few more who will be there. I'm looking forward to the dinner at Carmine's.

hellosanta.gif

a) The Sir Robin Bear's outfit is TOO CUTE and I want one too! (but I'd rather have the real thing... ;) )

B) Ring huh? Let the speculatin' begin! :lol:

c) I just heard about this gathering at Carmines yesterday. Justclay12 mentioned it on my new board but I haven't heard back from her. I'm sure that it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late to be asking but who was in charge of organizing the dinner at Carmines and is it totally booked? Is there any sort of thread here about it?

Sorry I haven't been around. There are lots of people here and at CV that I know and like :thbighug-1: but I have such a hard time handling the one linear thread format :unsure: , so when I'm busy, I don't get here so often.

:blush:

ETA:

robinchristmas.jpg

Adding yet another item to the list of 'things I'd only do for Clay Aiken' -- I subscribed to FOX NEWS channel this afternoon, and plan to watch Geraldo Rivera on television. *hangs head*

Don't forget - 10:00 pm folks.

Clay shakes his head and says, "I don't get it" :blush:

I have NO idea if I get Fox news, lol. I'm hoping that Gerwhisp does, lol.

OOOOO OOOOO ATDW Pictures are some of the Soul Faves!!!

claynovest.png

keeping... ya' know, in this one, it doesn't even look a whole lot like him, but it is the sexiest picture... S.W.O.O.N. I love it!!!

I got a small bonus at work, so I went shopping today and bought a computer chair and a flat screen monitor and a shredder. Staples loves me!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Those flat screens sure take up less space!!! My desk is happy, my bottom end is happy, and my junk mail pile is scared to death! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Merry Christmas to me!!!

I like how the hair is artistically swept over the face but carefully avoids the eyes! :lol:

There was a bit of discussion over at CV and the ring that Cha Cha mentioned seeing on Clay's finger is actually the loop of the triangle he holds.

20 minutes to Clay on TV! Better locate the station now, I just did because I didn't know what channel and had to scan through a few until I found it. If you have DirectTV it is channel 360.

Kim

Geraldo talking to Clay 'just before he goes on stage in Spamalot' - talking about how he got involved with special ed, and Mike and Diane.

Hmmm - it seems like maybe that was it? He talked mostly about how the foundation came about, and the importance of inclusion.

Shallow stuff - lavender? (very light) shirt, dark sweater, mostly unbuttoned. Looks great!

I'm not much of a fan of Geraldo, but this is a good thing he's doing.

Well, that was a very nice interview. Clay came across as intelligent and charming (how could he not?)

Nice that Geraldo started with Clay and then interviewed him in the first 10 minutes. Good company, too.

Impressive.

Thanks very much, cindilu2 & wandacleo!!! :BlowKiss:

Um, could you expound more on the "mostly unbuttoned" part? *fans self*

LOL, sadly, I meant the sweater, not the shirt. :imgtongue:

He really does get a lot out in the few minutes he's on - he speaks so well! I hope they at least plug the web address and/or name of the Foundation before the show is over. Unless I missed it, they never actually said it.

I have to say Geraldo is doing a great job with this show. He treats everyone with respect and even affection. I haven't been much of a fan of his for a long time, but he's redeeming himself for me. After he did that special on Willowbrook back in the early 70s, he raised money to built a group home and get kids out of Willowbrook. The foundation (which no longer has his name) now runs over 50 group homes in New York State. Good work Geraldo!!

He really does get a lot out in the few minutes he's on - he speaks so well! I hope they at least plug the web address and/or name of the Foundation before the show is over. Unless I missed it, they never actually said it.

Agreed. I thought he came across very well & it was a good piece, but I also missed the actual name of the foundation. Hopefully they'll include it in the credits.

Clay spoke about his experience working in a classroom with students for 2 years--about how children are usually isolated and not seen by other students.

Then, he talked about setting up a "fake" foundation for a school project and how people kept giving him money and when he had $50,000 he decided he would just go ahead and make the fake foundation real.

They showed clips from one of his camps--the one with Clay playing with the kids. Really, very, very nice.

Oh yes, he talked about how his music career and interest in working with the disabled intersected when he worked for the Bubels and

Dianne Bubel encouraged him to try out for AI.

Thanks very much, cindilu2 & wandacleo!!! :BlowKiss:

No they did not mention nor did they plug it at the end of the show; that was disappointing. Clay was articulate about inclusion but I am not sure it was enough to get the general public interested in the BAF. I wish he had talked about the camps and what the Foundation is doing.

Kim

Aww, I guess it was too much to hope for.

How about light-colored shirt? Was it the Somalia one?