#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Who knows how it was edited (since Clay's part was taped). I'm sorry they didn't at least get the full, proper name of the foundation out there. They didn't really give any info on what people could do to help -not just the BAF but any of the organizations represented - that was kind of weird. He really crammed a lot into an hour (minus commercials).

I think the point of The Waiting List was more to educate than appeal for money because there were no appeals. Just knowledgeable people speaking about the subject. I think that if anyone is interestied in finding Clay's foundation, they could find it easy enough through Google.

I think it was a real honor for Clay to be included--especially so prominently.

Who knows how it was edited (since Clay's part was taped). I'm sorry they didn't at least get the full, proper name of the foundation out there. They didn't really give any info on what people could do to help -not just the BAF but any of the organizations represented - that was kind of weird. He really crammed a lot into an hour (minus commercials).

I agree...it did seem like a lot and maybe could have been edited better. It was good that Clay was included and who knows what this connection with Geraldo could bring to the Foundation.

Kim

aa4.jpg

Screen cap from gerwhisp.

wanda, I do agree - it's great that he was included, and I'm not diminishing that in any way. It's just odd that they never got to actually say the name of the Foundation - I'm sure Clay did say it at some point. (it was obviously an edited segment). Geraldo was very respectful and seemed genuinely impressed - not taking a thing away from that!

I think that as long as what he did say came across well then it's all good. That's what people remember most.

"Of all the things I wear, my expression is the most important."

People would have to search anyway because many don't know how to spell it even after hearing it. It's not that difficult to google for "Clay Aiken's foundation" -- the first thing that comes up is www.bubelaiken.org

ETA: And thanks for the quick screencap, cindilu! :thankyou:

Just had this urge to check "Clay Aiken's foundation" on all the major search engines:

Aside from google, TBAF also comes up first on yahoo, lycos, hotbot and altavista. It's second on livesearch and netscape (after an icky first link). The first entry on Gigablast is an article on the Vanderbilt camp that lists the name of the foundation and the website. Ask.com and AOL both list it as 5th and 6th -- their first is a Spamalot link.

Good segment. Clay's mind is so fast his tongue has trouble keeping up. I do think he got his point across. Wonder why Geraldo calls it integration instead of inclusion. In effect, I guess it means the same thing.

Never thought I'd watch Fox News, I've come a long way baby.

Ahem...is there some reason someone didn't mention that Shinjuku is the world's LARGEST commuter station? And that there are 3 other stations named Shinjuru surrounding the main one? And I kept going into cellular phone stores thinking they were Tower? And they really have white glove service in the big dept stores which is totally distracting? And after two hours of searching for the damn place I'm just gonna try the big one in Shibuya.

Er, yes .... Shinjuku is actually the busiest train station in the world. That's why I named the specific exit. It has umpteen gates all around it. There is only 1 Exit named South Gate -- the others are New South Gate, Southeast Gate, East Gate, Central East Gate, etc. And those other 3 stations are not Shinjuku. They're Shinjukusanchome, Shinjukugyoenmae and Sendagaya.

OTOH, Shibuya sounds great! ...And wasn't the entire area around the station interesting anyways? Hope you found some excellent shops and things![/sv]

The next time someone is in Japan...make sure you go to Tsunahachi for some tempura...I had some of the freshest, lightest sea eel cooked right in front of me...and the tiger prawn sushimi was so fresh it was still kicking - my son was horrified. But whatever you do, do NOT try Tully's Taste of Japan New Year Matcha Latte - it tastes like overly sweet green tea and fish paste with whipped cream...ptui!

As for Shinjuku station, if you start from inside it is probably easy to find the right entrance - but from the outside, not really...and those other stations on the outside have "Shinjuku" in BIG letters and then stuff like "san chrome" in LITTLE letters that you can't read until you get under the sign....but the shopping is frickin' INCREDIBLE...for little tiny people.

KAndre, I am enjoying your trip sooooo much!

I wanna go back to Tokyo!!!!!!

Have you encountered a tradition Japanese toilet yet? :-) I think the ones at the Meiji Shrine (same JRLine stop as Harajuku) are the old kind - unless they have modernised things.

Good Morning Everyone,

Clay looks so good in those stagedoor pics! I love his hair swept off his forehead and just natural looking...someone needs to hide his flatiron and hair products!

7 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

29 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

If you mean by traditional toilets those with lots of buttons and seat warmers that I'm determined to acquire in Houston - why yes. If you're talking about some squatty thing, I can hold it for years, chickie!

If you mean by traditional toilets those with lots of buttons and seat warmers that I'm determined to acquire in Houston - why yes. If you're talking about some squatty thing, I can hold it for
years
, chickie!

Well, you know those 'squatty things' are supposedly more hygienic to use than a toilet seat you make contact with. Of course, it wouldn't be all that hygienic if you were to lose your balance and ..... well.... :whistling-1:

My, but Clay looks goooooood in Dancerdad's stage door pics! He looks absolutely edible. Yum!!!

Here's a link to a cool broadway article about stars who have been on Broadway this year - look at number five!

And the Waiting List is now available in the CV vault - it may already be in the other vaults, too. Clay is so articulate!

KAndre, I love hearing about your travel adventures. Will you be sharing pictures when you get back? I'd love to see some.

Checking in from TO...thanks to everyone who brought recaps & pictures from last night's Fox News show. I tried in vain to find it here on my mom's cable line up, but it wasn't meant to be. Looking forward to downloading it when I get home! Love, love, love the stage door pics. Isn't it funny, I don't really remember how he looked at all from my stage door experiences, I always get caught up in the moment of trying to get a pic or an autograph or whatever. I wish I had just taken the time to really look at him, and soak him up. Eeeep, that almost sounds smutty. :cryingwlaughter:

It's windy & rainy here, and it's supposed to freeze over this afternoon. I'm hoping to beat that home. Safe travels to anyone who is heading to NYC this week. KAndre, have a blast in Japan!

If you mean by traditional toilets those with lots of buttons and seat warmers that I'm determined to acquire in Houston - why yes. If you're talking about some squatty thing, I can hold it for years, chickie!

If you mean by traditional toilets those with lots of buttons and seat warmers that I'm determined to acquire in Houston - why yes. If you're talking about some squatty thing, I can hold it for
years
, chickie!

Well, you know those 'squatty things' are supposedly more hygienic to use than a toilet seat you make contact with. Of course, it wouldn't be all that hygienic if you were to lose your balance and ..... well.... :whistling-1:

Well, not hygienic (for the next person) if you miss. Maybe that's why everyone takes their shoes off when they go in the house. :cryingwlaughter: Aiming isn't as easy as you might think.

My, but Clay looks goooooood in Dancerdad's stage door pics! He looks absolutely edible. Yum!!!

a link to a cool broadway article about stars who have been on Broadway this year - look at number five!

Love those SD pics too. He is looking so well and happy these days.

Top 5, huh? I guess that means more Broadway offers coming his way. I have mixed feelings, it's a long swim for me to get to NY.... so I want him to have a TV show so that I can watch him regularly on video!!

KAndre... I love your posts anytime, but when you travel... wonderfully fun!!! Keep 'em coming, please.

I have set up my new flatscreen monitor and it is sooo nice to get that big monstrosity off my desk and actually have my keyboard in front of my monitor... what a concept! :cryingwlaughter: You get a disk with the directions to use the monitor, but when I open it, the pictures don't show. Allowing popups doesn't help, so I guess I'll be very satisfied with the settings just the way they are... hehe! Later I'll go to Dell online and see if I can get a pdf file or somepin that I can actually, you know, like read. :cryingwlaughter:

This is a widescreen flatscreen and I will have to get used to it, but I can think of worse things to have to get used to... :cryingwlaughter: The anti-glare is REALLY nice!

I may have to get a new keyboard, tho, just to make everything spiffy. Mine is about 12 years old and is the first split keyboard microsoft made... an antique. Maybe I should save it for posterity! :cryingwlaughter:

I think I'd better go watch some Clay video to see how the color is... see ya'

Spam1227E_1.jpg

Awww, I love this shot! That's still my favorite hair.

KAndre, you're making me so hungry that I almost want to get up and drive to Willowbrook for some unagi. Could you take some pictures of the buttons in the bathrooms? I completely forgot to do this 2 weeks ago when we went back to Morimoto's and some people were curious about the list of available options.

Have a great trip and can't wait to see the pictures!!!

:XmasRed:

Since this is Sir Robin's last week, I hope you'll indulge me if I let the holiday banner go a little early.

*sniffle*

PS... I think I have fixed it so Firefox users can see the mouse-message. Hee - thousands of dollars well spent, lol.

In that last picture I swear I can detect about five different colors in his hair, brows and sideburns! :cryingwlaughter: It's cool that he rushes out to the stage door in his stage makeup---you can even see the line of pale skin on his forehead where the mesh of the wig was. And those 'burns are quite...wiry and wild, ain't they? :whistling-1: I'd love to tame them with my tongue.

oops...did I just say that out loud? :huh:

heh...of course I did. :sleezy: