#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Just throw more on the Reed/Clay discussion; it was opined on another board that perhaps Clay purposely leaked the information about Reed...pictures, etc. to one up The "E" True Hollywood Story that is airing this week-end. I mean if everyone is talking about Reed and Clay, they sure as heck aren't going to care about JP, etc....maybe Clay is given us his version of The True Hollywood Story.

So what do you think...possible or do I need to get myself fitted for a tin foil hat?

Kim

Bottle...did someone sink your battleship? :huh:

Well, I say phooey to that! Hoist those sails and sail away, sister! I'm right there with you! :thbighug-1:

ETA: I'd invest in aluminum foil, aikim. :cryingwlaughter: Timing IS everything, of course, but if Clay and Reed ARE a couple and other info about them is true, too, they've BEEN a couple for quite a while now...so I wouldn't imagine any public display is purely for that friggin' loser show, E!

However, I COULD imagine that if they have been developing a relationship this year, their growing commitment to each other, Parker's conception and birth, combined with Clay's own personal timetable--all worked together to make it 'time' to come out. Makes a good story, at least. :)

The thought crossed my mind earlier, but then I think - Clay hasn't been a spin doctor thus far, so I don't really see him doing it now. Not saying it's impossible, just not something I see him doing. *shrug* And if he/they are, then more power to him. I don't see how us pointing it out all over the net will help him, but then I rarely do see the benefits in stuff like that. *big shrug*

Still think they would make one hawt looking couple!

WHo knows what the root source is? But with Clay's picture on Reed's MySpace and his name linked with Clay's on someone else's blog, etc., the boards ran with it and then---well, it's anybody's news now. But I gotta say that so far this particular pairing seems more REAL and viable than any of the ones we've :hubbahubba: over before! :cryingwlaughter:

cindilu, that banner is stunning! That middle picture is breathtaking. I think I love dancerdad for his photographic skills.

Yes, the story of Reed and Clay dating may not be true. Because it is the Star, that salt lick is always handy for me. But at the same time, as keepingfaith alluded to earlier, some of the sleazier tabloidy type of publications seem to have better track records than the mainstream stuff. So, in a way, just as much as I keep tasting salt, I also have in the back of my head that it could conceivably be true as well. It honestly won't hurt me either way.

Having said that, I certainly do enjoy thinking about Clay with a boyfriend, especially one as cute as Reed, just as I enjoyed thinking of him with several different women (I always thought Mary the tour manager was a possible candidate!). My main thing has always been his happiness. If he has found love, and is happy, I'm happy too.

In a way, I was hoping "IIU...IIT" had been retired. Guess not. IMO, though...I'll probably tire of it after a while, so I might as well just announce now that you can pretty much assume it from me with almost any post I write if I talk about Clay and a possible boyfriend. I realize that some when then possibly make "fact" out of what I'm saying. It's a sad truth in this fandom, I'm afraid.

nobody here seems to be taking it seriously. This is fun!

Yup! Which is why I said:

Some are just having fun with it - and I think that applies to almost everyone here

I loved shipping the original Clelly!

Bwah!!!! That is the one pairing that made me pukle! And retch!

That was actually my burnt puppy, back in the day.

Different strokes for everyone!

What a shock! You hated what I loved! :cryingwlaughter:

I seriously have to side with Claygasm here on the Reed thing. The boy is gorgeous – no question - but lets not lose control of our faculties here (see the above bolded statement). By all means, have fun with it (lord knows *I* am, I'm one of the best visualizers around) but I’ve seen a few too many statements of fact for me to be comfortable. To be honest - one is too many.

Here's a thought (and it's just that - a thought) but maybe Clay wants this relationship out there? I mean, if they went to Spring Awakening together and posed for photos and went to Rosie's gala together and posed for photos.......a lot of IFs there, I know, but it is a possibility. Or the tabloids are making a big deal out of nothing. But I do like the spin about the "hunky boyfriend". Who knows? I'm only in it for the fun, anyways. Heck, I was right there with the light hearted shipping of the Claymes too, but only becoss I wanted Clay to be happy and in love. I want him to be happy now, and if it's with Reed, fine by me! Hee, I think the Creed is a cool name. :)

As long as you recognize the “if” – because by that rationale, he was also wanting his relationship with Hannah, Jaymes and a whole host of others out there.

Hee! Heidi and I agree on something!! :pigsfly::BlowKiss:

ETA:
I am creeped out by hearing a lot of people asking Reed to be their friend on Facebook!
Now THIS is what is really and truly making me ill. When I see all these Clay fans rush to have Reed make them his 'friend' on his MySpace or Facebook or whatever, I get the same feeling I do when I'm watching television and someone does something really, really embarrassing. I get sooooo embarrassed FOR them that I actually feel...unsettled, ashamed and downright yucky. And THAT'S how I feel at the idea that now there's another example of those 'cra--enthusiastic' fans of Clay Aiken. Slam me if you will, but I think it sucks and it's humiliating---just asking for ridicule, IMO.

That is seriously disturbing! No wonder Clay fans get a bad rap!

Yummy new banner!!!! :wub:

Yeah that! :hubbahubba:

By the way, I seriously doubt Clay is attempting to manipulate the media or us by putting out a red herring (A herring! tm the head Knight who says Ni!). I don't know him, but that just doesn't seem like him. IIT I just don't see him doing that with someone who is presumably important to him. And IINT I don't see him using someone else to be a decoy. Clay has just never struck me as a manipulative kind of guy.

All I really know is that yesterday I was down in the dumps cause it just didn't seem like Christmas without Clay and the JNT. But today, truth or speculation, it has been fun. Its been so nice to know Clay was all over the tabloid sites and not be totally depressed and upset about it. What I said this morning still stands for me, I want Clay to feel comfortable to be who he is and true or not the tabloid/blog reaction indicates we are getting closer to that, and this alone makes me happy.

By the way, I captured this for anyone who wants to save it in their files:

OFC_xmas_card_2008.jpg

Loved hearing him sing MCWL if only on an ecard!

Ah..the wheel of the press! I googled Clay and found some interesting hits:

The online gossip column of the SF Chronicle had predictably mean and hateful things to say about both Clay and Reed. (How very, very ironic that San Francisco---a city associated with a vibrant gay population---has always and continues to denigrate Clay...weird, actually.

In one blog they said that Clay and Reed met while both were performing in Spamalot! :cryingwlaughter: But then the blogger said

The news that Aiken can find himself a boyfriend must be a big blow to the self loathing ego that is Perez Hilton, who remains single. Some people are ugly inside and out.”

heh

Then someone commented:

Finally, someone is getting it, that Perez Hilton is ugly ‘inside and out’.

heh again.

Haven't been away, just been at a bunch of holiday celebrations but wanted to say.... IIT, it's wonderful that someone loves him and can give him all the joy and happiness like someone as nice as Clay deserves!!!

Is there any chance for stage door pics tonight?

After all this time MCWL still gets me. What a nice Christmas card...

By coincidence, I was looking over things to get KAndre to find in Japan and saw an oldie... is it cute or what?

01.jpg

That card is very pretty but ::sigh:: he spelled merrie wrong!

The story is all over the place. I've read on various sites that Clay got himself a hot piece or a hunk. I wonder how Reed feels seeing his name all over the place, especially if it's not true.

The following commentary is NOT directed at anyone here on this board (that I am aware of...) and I DO understand the difference between taking things seriously and just having fun with shipping, which is what I believe is happening on this board.

But I've been thinking (often a dangerous thing.........)

I just get a bit creeped out seeing Clay fans seeking out pictures of Reed, seeking out evidence that they are a couple, giving hits to tabloidy, gossip sites, etc.

And we wondered when the tabloids would go after Clay why! Seriously. We can't complain about the tabloids when we're part of the problem.

And by "we" I don't necessarily mean just Clay fans. It seems there are many "fans" in this country who have an insatiable appetite for intruding into various celebrities' personal lives. Heaven knows I have been part of that in the past.

But its funny. Ever since TMZ broke the baby story this kind of stuff creeps me out. Not the joking around part, but the part where fans dig for information, pictures, "evidence". The part where fans start becoming friends of this guy who may or may not be involved with Clay on Myspace and Facebook - as if somehow that would mean they really would be friends with him - and by association - with Clay and make them part of his inner circle. It is just so sick.

And that's just the fans! Then there is the tabloid media. They are intrusive for profit and those same fans - and not just the ones who are so intrusive - literally buy into it!

The fact that the baby story turned out to be true is what made this all so creepy to me. When its just idle gossip that never amounts to anything, well, that's bad enough. Because it is fiction it doesn't seem quite as intrusive.

But when it is true, as it was with the baby story, well, that means someone really truly dug into Clay's personal life and publicized something private.

I guess after one true tabloid story the possibility that this story might be true too - well, I would just hate to think that fans and tabloids alike are once again digging into Clay's real personal life and making something public that should be private.

And I guess I didn't realize just how much that bothered me until this rumor broke. I guess I have come to expect that behavior from the tabloid media. Sadly, I have also come to expect it from SOME of Clay's fans too.

<End Commentary>

Just in case anyone wanted another view. The google alerts are emploding!!! lol

gallery_main-reedkelly-photos-12082008-0

O.M.G... his eyes are green... Clay's eyes are green... what a pair IIT!!! S.W.O.O.N.

I have just had this bubble of laughter and happiness this afternoon, just thinking about them being a couple. IIT And, you guys are FUNNY! :cryingwlaughter:

cindilu2...I really like your...veracity...*bats eyelashes coyly*

I have not seen any grimly determined stuff here

Me neither. And trust me, with my constitution, I rarely get 'grimly determined' about anything that does not somehow relate to...fiber.

00lsee... BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

{{{{CG}}}} It is unfortunate, but there is nothing we can do about it but have our own fun!

I think Reed is awfully cute, and I'd be happy as hell if Clay were in love (although I won't lose sleep if this isn't the one.)

Frankly, I think it's great that this is all over the news and is being reported as just two guys dating--a normal gay relationship.

It's a HUGE improvement over the shit of the last few years.

Do we have some idea that it's not true that Clay and Reed were together at the Rosie affair? Or that they didn't attend Spring Awakening together? All I know is what I read here, so I really have no idea if either notion is true. However, if those things happened, and Clay and Reed were demonstrably together in public, I don't understand how that is prying into private lives. As for "evidence" or "proof" I suppose the only chance of that is if Clay is asked about it and responds.

That being said, the idea of the two of them together, and happy, makes me smile.

Frankly, I think it's great that this is all over the news and is being reported as just two guys dating--a normal gay relationship.

See, this is why I'm not skeeved out by this particular media frenzy over Clay's private life. Because what exactly IS the news? The "news" is that a hawt gay guy is purportedly dating another hawt gay guy.

Alrighty, then.

Like wanda, I'll take this "Clay news" over the majority of the shit that has made the rounds of the media circuit in the past years....

I think Reed is awfully cute, and I'd be happy as hell if Clay were in love (although I won't lose sleep if this isn't the one.)

Isn't that the truth! I really hope there isn't an involuntary negative fan reaction everytime Clay is mentioned in tabloids, because he has been, and he will continue to be in the future. As long as it's good, happy stuff, I'm alright with it. It's not like we have the power to shut them down. The gossip rags are a fact of modern celebrity that will eventually pass, but we're in the throes of it now. And so you understand that I'm a realist and not an enabler, I believe they are basically extortionists -- you throw them a bone, or pay the price. I've wondered if the worsening economy might put a lid on the demand for some of this. Maybe people in serious situations won't really give a damn who or what celebrities are doing. Or maybe it will have the opposite effect, who knows? But, given the situation of the Star source, it's comforting that the story is that Clay has a cute, interesting, and talented boyfriend. And I think they look great together. I don't have any illusions that this guy is The One, or that it will last a long time, but I'm willing to enjoy thinking about Clay loving someone and being loved in return. I can easily do that.