#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

It was great to see your post, AAIT!!! Thanks for the Beyonce link. By any chance was Linda there tonight as well? Can't wait to see you!!!

Couchie, Happy trip & see you there!!!

BTW, if you have my old cell number I'm switching to a new one tonight. New year, new phone. If you have the old number and would like the new one, pls let me know. I'll also PM the new number by default to Couchie, Annabear, goldarngirl luckiest1 and fromclaygary, just so someone knows how to reach me.

Eeeeeeeee!!!

Wow, so much excitement and happiness here, I love it! Wish I could join in, but it's looking like a quiet New Year here. 10 cm more snow overnight, oh joy. At least tomorrow is a holiday, so YAY for that! We'll probably rent a couple of movies and just chill out. However, I will be with you all in spirit as you journey to the wilds of NYC and try to figure out transportation. :cryingwlaughter: I find the subway works quite well if you can figure out the different lines, and it's cheap! The Air Train is also quite economical to get from Jamaica station to JFK and back.

Anybody else watching the Kennedy Center Honors..

I only watched the first one, which was a tribute to Morgan Freeman, but it was awesome! I like him, so I was really interested in the little biography they did, then a couple of speeches by Denzel Washington and Clint Eastwood, and then some great blues musicians paid tribute, including B.B. King. I was impressed!

Welcome back AAIT. Since I was there May 4, I guess I can't be too jealous of all of you who are going this last night. The excitement in the air is so thick I can feel it. Have a fantastic time.

Who knew over five years ago that we would be writing, traveling to see perform and thinking of the whereabouts and public activities of a goodlooking, greatsinging, funnyman instead of watching tv with our hair in rollers and eating bon bons. Well, maybe we could do all of them at the same time. I'm looking forward to another year of doing the same. And here's wishing another successful and happy year for Clay, Parker, Jaymes and the rest of Team Clay, family and friends. As well of all of you, whether I have ever met you or not.

Here wishing the best for everyone this last day of 2008. And to those who are already in the year 2009, Happy New Year! :friends:

Good morning, and Happy New Year FCA!! Safe travels to all those headed (and heading) out to NYC. I, too, was at the May 4th finale, and had many, many opportunities to see Clay and Spamalot .... and I'm STILL jellus as hell!! :imgtongue: LOL!!! Show him the love, ladies.

2008 has been a life-changing year indeed. For Clay, and for certainly for me. I hope that Jaymes' declaration is true - for Clay, for me, and for all of you too - The best is yet to come!

For those interested, I did a January desktop calendar.

Regular screen (click to biggie):

th_JAN09REG.jpg

If you'd like widescreen, or the wallpaper sans dates, they are here on my yuku page.

Good Morning Everyone,

Have fun to all heading to Spamalot this weekend. 27 degrees...you guys are such wimps, that is a heat wave here in the midwest!, LOL!

4 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

26 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Claymatron and Bella :hello:

OMG it's gorgeous down here!! Today, about 70 above~but has been around 80 degrees the past few days. Sunny~not a cloud in the sky~what a relief from the snow, snow, snow, snow and then let's snow a little for fun!

I have lots of pictures of palm trees! :cryingwlaughter: I have cool shells from Venice beach....:)

I'm hoping to be able to shovel my car out when I get back to Buffalo :(

and....eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I'm off to see Clay tomorrow!!! :dancingpickle:

Hey -- I'm here!

27 degrees Farenheit is actually pretty good for this Midwesterner as well. I agree with aikim -- wimps. Besides, I know couchie can deal with it, she dealt with a lot worse last year in Merrillville...

Hubby and I are home, and well rested at this point. Flying home wasn't quite as bad as getting to NYC, although we did end up waiting at Newark airport for almost 5 hours, and then, once to O'Hare, having to run to our gate to get our final connecting flight home. But we made it, and as soon as we got home, we fell into bed.

I found out after the fact that I was standing next to butterflyshine at the SD Monday night, so my SD pictures will be sucky in comparison. She has a much better camera, and was able to get some fantastic closeups. However, hubby did get a few good shots, which I will work on editing later today. But I did want to get my "moment of glory" posted, and it's in the members only thread.

The reason I love my husband so much (cause he took a picture of me with my boyfriend)

Everyone going to NYC...travel safe. muski, good luck with your travels -- I can't imagine trying to arrive in Times Square on New Year's Eve!

Claymatron, goldarngirl and FromClaygary - Yup, I'm here at the office, with my phone set to message while I clean up emails and pack up the Christmas decorations. :)

Ladies, you better get your woolies ready - you're going to had a rude shock with the weather back here.

I'm going to have a very quiet New Year's evening. Older DD and her roomies are having a party and younger DD and friends are heading downtown. She's now regretting that decision, because in TO it will be -23 with the windchill by midnight! I'm just going to relax with the dog and watch a lot of DVDs tonight. I wish I was in NY with the rest of you this weekend! :cry4:

:fest09: I hope everyone has a great evening tonight and a wonderful 2009. :748: Here's to more road trips with wonderful friends!

ahem I didn't know the CSI theme song was a Who song...I'm so out of it oh and BWAH their other song is the theme song for CSI Miami NY... learn something new everyday..torrents is calling

Well, CT, as someone who has never watched an episode of any CSI show -- NY or Miami -- my reaction to your post is ..... their themes are songs of The Who??? So the songs have to be something performed last night at the KCH, so I'll guess Who Are You? Probably not Pinball Wizard, The Acid Queen, or Squeezebox, huh? Actually, I was shocked that someone didn't sing the obvious last night, given George Bush being there and his infamous quote: "Fool me once shame on you, fool me ... Won't get fooled again." Missed opportunity, if it wasn't BANNED!

I love The Who, Barbra, Morgan and Twyla. The only one I don't care for is George Jones, 'cause I don't like the music, even though he hung out in my aunt's honky-tonk in Port Arthur for years -- playing and singing for drinks -- and he even wrote her a song way back in the day. I'm somehow immune to the allure of that kind of music. In fact, I much prefer silence to that 'tear in my beer' stuff. My mother is a Reeves and related to Jim, but that didn't move me either. Oh well, I love Rock and Bach ... just no Honk. Of course, Willie Nelson is the exception that proves and enforces this rule.

Anybody else think about Clay in regard to news of an Andrew Lloyd Webber sequel to Phantom? Personally, I'd rather see him as Willie Wonka. I do have a feeling that stage and screen will be a big part of Clay's future, but next time in a role he originates. And AFTER a pop tour, certainly!!!!

2009 -- I already have a feel for it. I like it.

In reviewing my file of wallpapers and blends, I currently have this one up because ... well, it's the lips, I think.

ACA_Jerilluvsclay1.jpg

And the sweat. The lips and the sweat, and the eyelashes. Wait a minute, the lips and the sweat, and the eyelashes and cheekbones ... Oh YEAH.

And then there are these beauties:

2a_1024.jpg

72636896-L.jpg

96894913-L.jpg

ScreamingStillGMA.jpg

I guess in many ways, I'm the odd fan out: My preferences for the perfect photoshoot are no sideburns, wiry or otherwise, nor too much forehead. These aren't criticisms, just building my Perfect Clay!

Everyone going to NYC...travel safe. muski, good luck with your travels -- I can't imagine trying to arrive in Times Square on New Year's Eve!

Well, good luck indeed. I just got up and checked my flight status---DELAYED! They offer an earlier flight for an additional $50 that is ON TIME and would get me into Newark at 8:30 pm, supposedly. Another flight that leaves two hours later than my original flight also says DELAYED...

So it looks as though the early flights are counting on okay weather to land in the NYC area but later ones aren't being given the same chances.

Do I pay $50 for the earlier flight?

Easy answer this time: no. I have no real desire to be in NYC for New Year's Eve so I guess I'll take my chances with my flight.

Here we go, folks. Hey couchie! Who knows...maybe I'll end up doing the red eye thing, too! Too bad we'll be landing at airports on the opposite sides of Manhattan!

ETA: keepingfaith...I'm with you on the "less forehead" perfect Clay. I do like some sideburns, though--not wild ones, but some.

I sense a theme with Couchie and Muski - last minute washing and packing! Heeee.

Um, it's not just a theme with them! My cleaning spree the other night did NOT include laundry or packing for my trip tomorrow! :cryingwlaughter:

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Tomorrow!!!! :Iluvclaysbutt:

Glad you're home safe & sound & with a sd pic, ldyj! With all of the delays, you could have just hung out at the airport & waited for some of us to arrive tonight & tomorrow!

I'm at work today - not getting anything done, but I'm here. Pretty sure I'm leaving early - too much to do before I head up to Columbus to meet up with Dediclaytion tomorrow.

EEEEEEEEEE!!! I wish everyone could be there this weekend. {{{FCA}}}

Oh lookie here--this is info from my airline's website:

Expect delays and possible cancellations for Newark-Liberty, New York-LaGuardia, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC-Dulles and National due to strong gusty winds and snow.

Cleveland will experience delays this morning due to snow and gusty winds.

San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego will experience delays this morning due to fog.

Guess where I'm flying out of? San Francisco!

Guess where I'm flying in to? Newark-Liberty!

Oh, JOY! :clap:

Hello to FCA!!! I haven't visited here in a while, but I'm so glad I stopped by tonight! It's nice to see y'all!

Anybody else watching the Kennedy Center Honors.

I only saw most of the Barbra Streisand portion (the last half hour of the show) and I must say, it was fantastic! Beyonce's performance of Barbra's "The Way We Were" was absolutely breathtaking. Gosh, I think she may have surpassed Barbra with it. As much as I've always loved Barbra singing that, I felt the meaning of the lyrics tonight with Beyonce's interpretation more than I ever have before. Truly spectacular. Also thought the closing "Somewhere" was also just great! I missed recording it, but some of it is up on YouTube now.

Beyonce singing The Way We Were

in case you're interested - I HIGHLY recommend!!!

Good to see you too, AAIT!!

I love The Who, Barbra, Morgan and Twyla. The only one I don't care for is George Jones, 'cause I don't like the music, even though he hung out in my aunt's honky-tonk in Port Arthur for years -- playing and singing for drinks -- and he even wrote her a song way back in the day. I'm somehow immune to the allure of that kind of music. In fact, I much prefer silence to that 'tear in my beer' stuff. My mother is a Reeves and related to Jim, but that didn't move me either. Oh well, I love Rock and Bach ... just no Honk. Of course, Willie Nelson is the exception that proves and enforces this rule.

I watched. I wish I had paid closer attention now, as it was better than I realized. I was flipping channels and on the computer, and missed some stuff.

One highlight for me was when the NYC police/firefighters sang the final part of "Teenage Wasteland." They were having a blast, and so were Pete and Roger. They just couldn't believe it! What fun!

Loved Twyla, the Blues men for Morgan, Barbra, and even George J. I think I liked everything but that Ne-o guy, who was way out of place. Loved the way that Beyonce and Queen Latifah did themselves up with Barbra inspired looks.

I got all nostalgic over the tribute to Barbra, which, of course, I related to Clay. HAHA. My father and I were huge Barbra fans from the very first time we saw her on Ed Sullivan through her first couple of movie roles, up until I went off to live my grown-up life. I even remember going off to see "The Way We Were" with him when I was in Raleigh for a visit.

Barbra was not cool in the beginning. Lots of people mocked her--her looks, her voice, her attitude. They said she would never make it. Too weird, too stubborn. But she was so talented, and so unique, and she didn't try to conform to other people's expectations. Well, she's not really cool yet, for that matter, and still gets a lot of shit, but damn, last night the admiration for her talent was unbelievable.

I'd love to think that in 40+ years, I could be watching Clay be honored in that way, with that level of respect.

My big surprise of the night was when it turned out that a Grateful Dead song is a George Jones song. :hahaha: "The race is on and it feels like heartache..."

Ldyj, glad you are home safe and rested. Great pictures! You sure are tall. I think I've seen you before. :cryingwlaughter:

Good luck, everyone, on your travels. I hope you get there safely, and stay warm!!! And send lots of reports!!!

Oh lookie here--this is info from my airline's website:

Expect delays and possible cancellations for Newark-Liberty, New York-LaGuardia, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC-Dulles and National due to strong gusty winds and snow.

Cleveland will experience delays this morning due to snow and gusty winds.

San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego will experience delays this morning due to fog.

Guess where I'm flying out of? San Francisco!

Guess where I'm flying in to? Newark-Liberty!

Oh, JOY! :clap:

you'll get there Muski!!! see you tomorrow!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My clothes are sorted. heeee

breakfast made for one child. The other one still asleep.

I found a matinee show to go to on Saturday only $20... so I can hang with my fried that I stayed with the lat time I was in NYC..and then kick her to her bus in time for me to go see Clay Saturday night. :hahaha:

Can you only buy SRO the day of the show if it is sold out? I might try that while I'm there.

When and is anyone going to the popover cafe?

waves to kimiye..

and yes Scarlett..send me your phone number!!

LdyJ..whoo hooo she got a picture with her boyfriend!

KF -- heee on the Who songs. And you're rightr on the Whooo are you.. My mom watches the other csi's (blasphemy) and recognized the other song.

I'd love to think that in 40+ years, I could be watching Clay be honored in that way, with that level of respect.

I thought the very same thing last night.

jmh, if you had grown up in Texas you would have heard George singing The Race Is On for years on the radio, literally.

And Teenage Wasteland is .... Baba O'Reilly. Loved at the end when the NYFD and NYPD sang .... "They're all WASTED!"

Have a ball in the Big Apple with the Big Broadway Star, you guys! I'm off to the movies on a very temperate sixty degree New Years Eve in Houston.

Hopefully I can remember all the things I wanted to comment on. ldyj, glad you made it home safely and boy would I like to have a husband like yours. My ex was so insecure, he was jealous of Clay. Not that I wouldn't have jumped Clay's bones if I had the chance, but how likely was that to happen.

Muski, you are just having bad luck all around. But at least you still have plenty of time to get there. Everyone who is going in the next few days, good luck to you, and see you on Sunday.

I thought Beyonce did a great job on Barbara's song and I was really impressed by her. I'd never realized how nice a voice she had, mainly because I'm usually just listening to Clay. I love Barbara Streisand's voice although I can see how she ruffled feathers. Very outspoken, sometimes a little too much so, like with Rosie, but I actually like her better that way. When she was on Rosie's show, she acted too prim and proper and almost demure, and that got on my nerves.

I had mentioned the other day about how Clay's career reminded me of Barbara's and a few other big name singers. They overcame the bullies to become legends and I think Clay will too. Unfortunately, the bullies don't stop but at least their opinion becomes less important to those people who are easily influenced by critics.

:yess:

Evidently, my plane's delay is only 10 minutes! Fog, I guess. So I'm good to go....

Well...except for my next step in packing. You see, the night before I pack what I think I'll need. Then the next day before I actually zip up the bag, I go through and pull out a bunch of crap that most likely I'll never wear. :cryingwlaughter: This trip, since I'm going to be dressed like Nanook of the North throughout, I'll just pack a few turtlenecks, some tank tops for layering, my BAF sweatshirt, my Clay Aiken Invisible tee shirt, a sweater vest and jeans. Oh, and scarves and gloves.

AND after rummaging in the garage last night I found a pair of short, lightweight weather boots I'd used on trips to Tahoe. Perfect for this trip!

Packed my binoculars. Packed an extra pair of eyeglasses. Loaded my iPod. Everything's charged up.

Have I forgotten anything? :huh:

I'm hoping to be able to shovel my car out when I get back to Buffalo :(

and....eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I'm off to see Clay tomorrow!!! :dancingpickle:

Hee, we got 10 cm overnight....good luck with the car thing. Have a great time and blow Clay a kiss for meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm going to have a very quiet New Year's evening. Older DD and her roomies are having a party and younger DD and friends are heading downtown. She's now regretting that decision, because in TO it will be -23 with the windchill by midnight! I'm just going to relax with the dog and watch a lot of DVDs tonight. I wish I was in NY with the rest of you this weekend! :cry4:

:fest09: I hope everyone has a great evening tonight and a wonderful 2009. :748: Here's to more road trips with wonderful friends!

Here, here. Can't wait for more roadtrips! luckiestdaughter was also heading downtown TO tonight for NYE celebrations.....son #2 & I will be snug & warm at home, also watching DVDs with the dog. :cryingwlaughter:

muski, hope you make it in time. Everyone have a great time and bring back the recaps & pics!