#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Ok, seems everyone else has their bold buttons and colors and emotions etc. Why do I only get a box to write in?????????????

How can I make a pretty Happy New Year without them?

Is this a sign that I am destined to have a colorless, emotionless 2009??????

Under the box is a little box that says "Toggle Side Panel." Try clicking on that one to get your emoties back. Your bold and all that should still be there though. Mystery....

I don't have an answer for you, CG. Just thought you might want to know that I tried. It does look like you need to "toggle side panel" to see the boxes I have to the side of the big white box I'm writing in right now, with emoticons and quick access, but I've got no clue about the rest. I don't use Safari, but I don't think any of those browser buttons are relevant to the display here. Couldn't find any buttons to push to make my panel with the bold and fonts and stuff disappear. Looked in the board settings, didn't find anything. Someone will figure it out. Sometimes restarting solves funny things, or deleting cookies, but I don't see why it should. Can't hurt might help. Dunno.

Did you try another browser just to see what happens?

My new year's eve isn't all that exciting, either. I colored my daughter's hair purple tonight, as she wanted it done before her new year's party. It looks really good! Hubby and I watched a funny movie here at home, and will be having some delicious champagne in a few minutes.

I really enjoyed dreamlarge's 2008 end of the year montage. Clay had an amazing 2008! I'm so pleased that he not only had an excellent reception on Broadway, but also found a lot of fulfillment in his personal life. I'm so looking forward to the next part of his journey.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FCA!!

happy_new_year.jpg

5new-year-5-2009.gif

Hee! Glad to see that Gibby and I think in the same alcoholic way....

I love my NYE champagne, and mine is still sitting in the frig. I have a cold. Boo--I'll have NYE later when I'm better. :hahaha:

I love reading all the siggies here lately. Very thoughtful thoughts. :hahaha:

Annabear, that looks like a good idea.

Happy New Year, FCA! Spent last evening watching a rented copy of Mamma Mia (not my favourite), some taped figure skating coverage of the Grand Prix Final (first time I've ever enjoyed a ladies event!), an Elton John with symphony concert on TV, and finally, NYE coverage from both Las Vegas and NYC. I managed to stay awake and watch the ball drop in Times Square (how weird was that, I had never in my life been to NYC and this year I've been 3 times!) but then I fell into bed at 12:03 or so, LOL. It sure looked cold there, I hope all of you heading that way brought warm coats/hats/gloves/scarves/boots! :deepersnow: I just took the dog out, and it's -12 C here (10 F) but at least the snow has stopped and there is no wind.

I wish peace and happiness to all, including Clay, this coming year. I look forward to whatever he decides to give us. I look forward to more fun times with friends, more road trips, or more flights to places I've never been before. Clay has enriched my life in a thousand different ways already, and I kind of like not knowing what he has in store for us in 2009. He never ceases to surprise and delight me! But I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out. I have to book my days off, after all. :hahaha:

bottlecap strolls into FCA headquarters, and stumbles over a coconut shell. There's a strong odor of fried meat products in the air and the floor is sticky with what seems to be spilled mead. A broken yellow umbrella is jammed in the potted plant in the corner, a rubber chicken is stuck in the microwave, and a melting jello mold that still looks slightly vulgar is sitting on top of the refrigerator. All the Clay posters are covered with bright red sparkly lipstick marks. A slightly frostbitten Ryan Seacrest is huddled under an overturned baby carriage mumbling about a bunny biting his bum. Polaroids are scattered about which might provide answers about what went in here.

Contemplating the mess, bottlecap has some thoughts:

1. Who exactly is going to vacuum up all the green and silver sequins and the multi-colored confetti that seem to be stock to every surface?

2. Is the Grail dishwasher-safe?

5. er 3.

HappyNewYearFireworksChampagne.gif

bottlecap grabs a white top hat that's perched on a lampshade, pops it on at a jaunty angle, and strolls out of FCA headquarters to see what 2009 has in store.

Yawns, rubs eyes...jaw drops in utter disbelief at the after New Year's carnage at FCA Headquarters...gets roomba out of the closet...sets it in motion and quickly exits stage left..hears muffled high pitch scream behind the door...door slams open and Ryan runs out holding his butt...giggles...oops forgot about him.

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy New Year! I actually did make it to Midnight as the neighbors were setting off fireworks which in turn set the dog off. Took me an hour to calm him down! Cat woke me up at 5:00 because her food dish was empty...like she couldn't wait a couple of more hours to eat...I will probably need a nap at some point this afternoon.

3 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

25 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Follows bottlecap into 2009 because I'm curious about what 2009 will bring. Please feel free to scroll I just want to get out some thoughts for myself.

I'm worried about the state of our economy and what effects it will have on our children, grandchildren, families and friends. I worry about the state of the mentally ill- some living outside and it was in the twenties last night. I worry about those who don't have enough to eat. I worry about children being mistreated because they are not who their parents want them to be. This year I want to be more proactive so I'll spend at least part of this day thinking of what I can do.

I'm thankful for my husband and sons and friends who usually support me in my crazy ideas and schemes. I hope I've been a good influence on them for the most part. I think they are fantastic for the most part. I'm thankful for Clay who has been a fantastic influence and encourages so many in donating and working for good causes, who lives his life in a charitable way and tries to set the example that family is very important to him as well as children's welfare. I don't really care about his personal life and it's his right to keep it private. Except for that cute little Parker who I hope he can share on occasion.

I'm thankful for the two little girls I tutor who accept me unequivocably and can only hope for their well being as they grow older. I want them to be confident in themselves and in their knowledge. I hope I'm able to help them as they grow up.

I'm thankful for my only grandchild who we have not been allowed to see for over two years. We plan on becoming more proactive in trying to get some rights for her and for us. I hope she had a wonderful Christmas in her new house.

I'm thankful for the five years of fun I had with my sister following Clay. We have definitely have our differences. Thankful for two brothers and their families who I'm really bad at staying in touch with.

I'm thankful for all the Clay fans I've met. It's been fun and I'll be around as long as I can breathe to hopefully see you again and to meet even more fans.

Happy New Year to all !

Completely O/T, but I am kinda in clack mode today since there is no work :clap: , and just wanted to let everyone here at FCA know that I finally managed to resolve my technical difficulties and update our site with the Raleigh CFC Gala montages:

http://goldarngirl.com/cfc-gala08.html

As always, please use a download manager if you are downloading from our site as the servers are not dedicated, and sometimes will stop and need to restart in the middle of a download. Thanks.

I'm home and ALIVE!

I'll tell y'all all about my trip tomorrow as I need to soak my poor abused feet and thighs...if you don't wanna walk, Tokyo is not for you!

Happy New Year, y'all!

Happy New Year, y'all, too!

And, until we get the much-anticipated KAndre trip report, here is how I used to go to work in Tokyo, I wrote it up for people who would come over so I could come home for a week and pay bills and get clean clothes and stuff....

Directions to/from Dai-Ichi Hotel Tokyo:

From Hotel -

Shimbashi subway station, buy 160 yen ticket or use your subway pass which you really should have bought the first time you went into a train station. Nitwit. Now you have to stand in line.

(If you leave the nice underground tunnel to go to MacDonald’s to grab some breakfast, you will be SORRY, because if you miss the first couple of trains around 7 am, you will be caught in rush hour(s). You will only do that once.

In addition, feel free to kick yourself or, better, someone you don’t like, because you should have bought all the freakishly cute McD toys and crap that they display for sale and don’t make you buy a stoopid Happy Meal to get – you could have cleaned up on ebay.)

Helpful notes – just go with the flow of the crowd. Yes, there are a LOT of stairs and steps. If you are lucky enough to have an escalator, stay to the right if you are going to be a lazy sloth and just stand there and let the escalator do all the work. The left side of the escalator is used by people walking quite briskly, and they will poke you with their umbrella or jab you with their laptop and mutter stuff in Japanese that it is prolly best that you do not understand. And no, the escalators are not extra-wide to account for this. Elbows in. Haha! Wait until you get quite used to this, and then ride an escalator when you get back to the U.S.! You will want to jab those clods who stand idly on the left side, too! If you do, just mutter some Japanese-sounding stuff, and folks will back off. I am guessing.

take Ginza Line (Gold circle) towards Asakusa

Transfer at Nihombashi (3 stops)

take Tozai Line (Blue circle) towards Nishifunabashi (back of train is best)

Exit at Monzen-nakacho station (2 stops)

Use exit A3

Right on Eitai St (The Dunkin’ Donuts is on your right, in case you want to grab a traditional Japanese breakfast, just like the natives!)

2 blocks turn right

3 blocks, bear left (cross street - Kasaibashi street)

((As if there is an English sign! Haha!))

1 block, bear left

2 blocks, cross bridge over Ojima river, next right

(It is not like there are other rivers to choose from, so don’t worry that there is no sign.)

Building is on right, 3rd floor

See? Easy-peasey!

From Office -

Left out front door

1 block, turn left

cross bridge, 2 blocks, bear right

1 block, bear right (cross street - Kasaibashi street)

3 blocks, turn left on Eitai St

2 blocks to Monzen-nakacho station

Buy ticket (160 yen), board Tozai Line towards Mitaka

Transfer at Nihombashi (2 stops)

Take Ginza line towards Shibuya

Exit at Shimbashi station (3 stops)

Notes on leaving at night – between 8 and 9 or 9:30, the trains will be full of businessmen who smell like breweries. They may come up to you and stand very close and inspect you, and they may try and talk to you. Be polite, they are just curious and usually very nice and harmless.

If you get back earlier, you can buy sushi and gyoza half-price from food vendors in the train station, if they are packing up for the evening.

Yes, those big shiny bulbous gray rocket-like things that look like squid stuffed with rice are squid stuffed with rice.

Tokyo seems to be the safest place in the world.

I don't have an answer for you, CG. Just thought you might want to know that I tried. It does look like you need to "toggle side panel" to see the boxes I have to the side of the big white box I'm writing in right now, with emoticons and quick access, but I've got no clue about the rest. I don't use Safari, but I don't think any of those browser buttons are relevant to the display here. Couldn't find any buttons to push to make my panel with the bold and fonts and stuff disappear. Looked in the board settings, didn't find anything. Someone will figure it out. Sometimes restarting solves funny things, or deleting cookies, but I don't see why it should. Can't hurt might help. Dunno.

Did you try another browser just to see what happens?

I did toggle side panel, and this is what I got:

Picture1-2.png

I'll try another browser now.

Just heard from muski and couchie. They have both arrived safely and they say ITS COLD!!!!!

Ok, it works in Firefox. :clap:

BUT, why doesn't it work in Safari??? It always has before. Is anyone else out there on a Mac in Safari? Is anyone else having trouble?

Ah ha! My guess is that the people who run the board (not us, the Invision people) made some change in the code that isn't recognized by Safari. They'll probably get complaints and fix it eventually.

But yay that it's working in Firefox because now you know it isn't your computer. :clap:

Thanks for the word on couchie and muski.

Djs111, I can relate, on a smaller scale. To get to my job, I had to walk twenty minutes, change to a bus, and then walk another 10 minutes up a very steep hill. Once there, the office of TPTB was on the 5th floor, but look out, because if you took the hallway that (it turns out) connects that building to the building where our offices were, you were on a different floor in a different building when you got to the end of the hall.

They gave me a map and said come here tomorrow, and the stop to get off the bus at was x number of stops. What they forgot is that the bus didn't stop at every stop, so when I got off, I was somewhere I had no idea where, and I had to keep stopping and asking people. Finally found the place, and then got lost in the building cause of the floor thing. :hahaha:

First day at work was pretty hellish. :cryingwlaughter:

Glad to hear KAndre is home safe & sound and muski & couchie are the same, albeit cold, in NYC! :freezing:

I'm gathering last minute items & hitting I-71N to join up with DediClaytion and head to Port Columbus for our flight to Newark! :woohoo:

Take care everyone! :BlowKiss:

Ok, it works in Firefox. :clap:

BUT, why doesn't it work in Safari??? It always has before. Is anyone else out there on a Mac in Safari? Is anyone else having trouble?

Ah ha! My guess is that the people who run the board (not us, the Invision people) made some change in the code that isn't recognized by Safari. They'll probably get complaints and fix it eventually.

But yay that it's working in Firefox because now you know it isn't your computer. :clap:

Yeah, that's a relief, but I have a question. Is CV an Invision board? What about getclayaiken.com? I went to both of them just to test and everything is normal over there - well, at least as far as emotions etc. go! Would Invision do something just to us that wouldn't apply to them??

Yeah, that's a relief, but I have a question. Is CV an Invision board? What about getclayaiken.com? I went to both of them just to test and everything is normal over there - well, at least as far as emotions etc. go! Would Invision do something just to us that wouldn't apply to them??

Yes, but each individual board is different--that's getting into stuff that is way over my head, but you can tell by looking at them that they are different. You can choose certain levels, upgrades, etc. It may be something that "we" didn't do. I don't know much about it, but just because they are run by the same company doesn't mean that they are identical in every way.