#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

muski, you sure know how to travel. Glad things are finally looking up and that you managed to entertain us even after some of your crappy experiences.

Ok, it works in Firefox. :clap:

BUT, why doesn't it work in Safari??? It always has before. Is anyone else out there on a Mac in Safari? Is anyone else having trouble?

I'm on a Mac and Safari and it looks OK for me.

So does this mean we are back to it being just my computer??????

Possibly, but not necessarily. Depends on what version of Safari you have, what OS you have, and so on. All our techie people are otherwise occupied; a whole bunch of FCAers are away in NYC. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but the folks who are here just haven't got a clue how to solve your problem right now. Can you wait awhile?

I used to run a small website for my job, and I would do the code on my laptop, and then get to work on my computer there, and it would be all wrong, things missing, things not visible, out of alignment, and so on. Or it would look fine in IE, and like crap in Netscape, on the same computer. And I would have to figure out how to code it so it would look good on every possible browser and version, which was a joke because I knew almost nothing about it.

There is some weird disjunction between your computer and this site that just happened last night; that's all I know. There are Macs and PCs, there are different browsers, different versions of browsers, different upgrades to different versions of browsers, different settings for browsers, and the same again for operating systems. And I'm not a Mac person--dunno nuttin about 'em. If you really want to work with this yourself, get with ToldForThis by PM and ask her what version of the Mac OS she has, what version of Safari she has, what her settings are, and maybe you could find the problem. You can see emoticons and the whatchamacallem at the top of this box at CV and at getclayaiken, so it probably isn't your computer, but it could be, but I really just do not have a clue.

I can wait. I won't even be around from tonight on. Heading to my mother's for dinner, tomorrow work and then New York to do something-or-other! I won't be home until late Monday, only to turn around and go to work again Tuesday! So there is no rush.

I have no head for any of this so I will just wait for the techies to find the time to investigate.

Well, since I am here, this is what i have:

Safari is Version 3.2.1 (4525.27.1)

and my Mac OS X, Version 10.4.11

January 1, 2009 Evening show

The reviews at this fun movie, tv, dvd and comics site usually begin with a description of how the day went for the reviewer before going straight into the actual move review because they acknowledge that one's mood and outlook could color one's reactions. This was especially true of me tonight and probably will be for the rest of the week because I can't help but remember that "this is one of the last times that I will see this." I'm trying to keep a cheerful outlook, savor each moment and etch each detail firmly in my mind while keeping a close watch on Clay but once in a while I get schmoopie upon remembering how many more we have left.

It was a great show show as always and as I've already mentioned to toni7babe, I once again saw more of the early Jan '08 'fraidy cat Sir Robin tonight, although he stuck to the Spam2 dialogue changes and actions. Clay's performance tonight seemed (to me) to be more subtle and understated but this was only because I'm comparing it to memories of more "hyper" shows. Maybe it was because, except for some scattered ClayNation strongholds like the first 2 rows, the crowd was mostly NJU's particularly Python fans.

Tonight's subtlety didn't stop him from continuing to improvise, though. We're 5 shows away from the last one and I still saw him doing things I'd never seen before. Do you sometimes have to push away some money that's profferred to you? That's what Clay was doing when Lancelot kept trying to hand him ninepence-- he raised his arm and pushed Lancelot's hand away. Repeatedly and insistently. In the God scene,no one else remembers this and I could have been hallucinating but it's also possible that I was the only one close enough to hear, I thought I heard him exclaim "big feet" when the thing first appeared. He also sang a few new syllables -- remember how he does "so they couldn't bring a coconut back anyway" in a singsong manner? He also did the same thing with the word "Jews" somewhere in the middle of YWSOB. Ohh, before that in "Idol of my Age" he gave an excited and somewhat high pitched "Hah!" of triumph right after singing the "Idol of My Age" part.

Despite the subtlety elsewhere, he was still very flirty with the girls. The drinks lady did a sort of back slide on his backside. He tried to reach out and touch the camelot tower girl but missed. He kept trying to shake the girls' hands,introducing himself as Robin but the thing that stuck from tonight was how he kept telling the girls with maces to "Be careful" and "Stop that" almost before they took out and revealed the maces. He was also especially concerned about the dancing monk and nun, telling them several times to be careful; when the nun was spun, he lifted both feet quite high and then proceeded to lay one ankle right there on the table to avoid putting it in the path of the speeding nun. At this point he was also interacting a lot with Belvedere across the way. Come to think of it, he was talking to his closing dance buddies a lot tonight (Patsy and Belvedere). BTW, LOTL sang "Drop It LIke It's Hot". Like he's been doing lately there was lots of tongue everywhere. Oh he still flirted thoroughly with the torch girl and kissed the dice girl before that. I'm so going to miss his Find Your Grail dance so much. The slow-mo horse had lots of tongue too but Rick wasn't there today to do the saliva splatter thing. The horse dismount wasn't so high tonight but he made up for it by getting all worked up at the "rude gestures". He again kicked the ground in front of the Taunter's castle. In the cancan dancers scene we can always count on Jenny to muss up his hair with her raised skirt.

Oh, he also changed the way he reacted to the Knights of Ni's missive of putting together a musical and taking it to Broadway. Tonight, he seemed very excited at BOTH of these items -- the musical and Broadway, clapping happily and jumping about. In the past, he was excited about the musical but dejected about Broadway. Tonight, the initial prospect of taking a show to Broadway seemed to thrill him no end. Then, when he was alone at the center of the stage he seemed to realize what succeeding on Broadway entailed and became much more worried about the entire plan. Bottle dance was perfect as always. No woos on the huge tunic flip -- maybe all the Clay fans were still in mid-gasp. Good applause from the mostly NJU crowd.

<to be continued>

Thanks for the recap Scarlett. I hope you enjoy the rest of the shows. Clay will be on to something new and different and I love change. It's so stimulating and thought provoking.

Annd while I'm posting bottlecap posts more pictures. They are so cute. :lilredani:

Just got back from a nice post-show get together with goldarngirl, preden, couchie, mblovesclay, fromclaygary, memyb, shamrock, diamondjake, annabear and permaswooned !!! It was great to catch up with everyone and just sit and talk Clay for a while. We all met at various places so people were talking about shows past. In case you're lurking, glad to meet you tonight annabear (finally!), preden and memyb!

Ok, I wasn't jellus...........until now. :cry4:

Look forward to reading all the recaps later this morning, no time right now, gotta run!

eta: Ok, now that I am happily at work, I can read the recaps! LOL Except that I lost the pass to the parking garage somehow, so I have to run out and feed the meter every 2 hours. Eeep. Hope they will issue me a new one soon.

:yeahthat:

I've been having one of those sleep interrupted nites so I gave up and came here. And what a nice surprise, Scarlett.

Thank you for your recap and I look forward to reading more.

After reading of the fun you all are having, I feel this tugging from across the continent...I want to be there sharing it all with you.

Getting recaps and photos kinda pales in comparison but is, after all, the next best thing.

Morning all. A massive head cold has decended on me, and I'm debating whether to make the 3 hour trip to visit my 86 year old mother in the nursing home. I'm thinking I shouldn't; it's not nice to spread germs like that to people whose immune systems are already compromised.

tribeca, you and your niece have fun this afternoon, and good luck with the SD!

muski -- wow. What travels. I'm glad you made it though.

From getclayaiken. Several never pictures, discovered by a myspace image search. (Why didn't I think of that?)

:P

...well you know I can't shut my mouth anywhere I go. :lol

Yep, Shauna on the OC just recently did a MySpace image search and came up with a bunch of photos of Clay, old and new, People have been discussing where and when they might have been taken.

th_frommyspace1-1.jpg th_frommyspace2.jpg th_frommyspace3jpg.jpg

th_frommyspace4.jpg th_frommyspace5.jpg th_frommyspace6colorpurpleguy.jpg

th_RandyandClay.jpg

I know that tie outfit was one Clay was wearing last March out at stage door. And the people at stage door were told he had to leave early to go to an anniversary party. The man he's with there is from The Color Purple. His name is Rhett George I think.

The middle pic on the bottom taken when he did a guest spot on KTLA morning news during ATDW promotion time. That guy is one of the regular newscasters.

The one with the girls is backstage somewhere, because I can see all their Playbills.

The one with the couple on top is from Rosie Live after party at the Palm Tribeca restaurant

The last one is from the night that Charlie, (Survivor) went with fellow contestant, Randy Bailey, to see Spamalot. This is Randy on the French Taunter's wall with Clay. (at least that where they appear to be to me) It was sent me by a friend, but it's from a public facebook page.

Heh, I did a myspace image search and came up with even more. The ones from above that you posted... the sixth one is this guy:

My name is Todrick Dramaul Hall (Cool name huh! Thanx Mom) I'm a 21 year old performer from Plainview, Texas. I have performed all around the US doing cruise Ships with Holland America and Royal Caribbean toured with Disney's Beauty and the Beast and the world famous Rockettes in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. This past year I performed on Broadway in the Color Purple starring Fantasia.

The one with the girls backstage is from backstage at Spamalot (it says so on her myspace page).

These are new to me (or at least forgotten)...

th_MezhganAndClay.jpg th_WithDaddioInRaleighStudio.jpg th_l_260d764e86d096091811af3d3ce9ccc1.jp

th_l_60d53068c974de97210c9ca2f0e2eb2e.jp th_TylerGilbert.jpgth_l_8263d5ab892db27934a43844105bc2ba.jp

th_l_a6aa5179c1357cc242dd6bf829a58b09.jp th_l_c14914e0efb4dd490b382112611b70fd.jp

th_l_f23f8e583eb91055210fb5c51e066a9a.jp th_l_f4074f2979adbc178c7255816eb54738.jp

th_InStudioJune06ASideProduction.jpg th_JulioPabloClay.jpg th_l_97f49d474485fb1815b261a542ccc7b6.jp

Shoot, had too many images in the first post. Hopefully, this will finish it out and won't add to the last post...

and perhaps my favorite, I present Hellbomber (look closely):

Hellbomber.jpg

Last ones... after 73 pages of looking.

th_AI5Finale.jpg th_97496376_l.jpg th_l_996e69cdc417ec028c47816028250f4e.jp

Good Morning Everyone,

Scarlett Thanks for the recap and you definately can join The Sisterhood of The Traveling Green Sweater!

LdyjFeel better and thanks for all the new pictures, I had not seen a lot of them...he sure does change his look alot!

2 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

24 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

ldyj, you are probably right to stay home because of your cold, but it sucks that you can't go see your mom to say Happy New Year.

Argh, today has been one of those days so far. You know, the ones you want to just say "fuck it" and go home and back to bed? Heh, to make myself feel better, I've already been to Starbuck's twice. Once on the way to work, and again after they sent me out to the parking corporation's head office to pick up a replacement key pass (which won't work until Monday anyways, I now find out). The big boss is on the warpath and there are only a couple of us here to try and appease her....and she wants to know our vacation plans for 2009. Ummmm.....hey Clay.....you only have until January 15th to let me know what I'm doing this year! :o

Thanks, cindilu2, for the lovely January calendar that is gracing my widescreen monitor this morning. Thanks to everyone who is bringing the pretty pictures. Those ones from myspace are interesting! Hope everyone in NYC has a fantastic day.

Good morning peeps. What happens when you put two chatty people in a room together. They finally go to sleep at 4 something. Of course it was only1 something our time since Perma and I are both from California.

It was fun getting together with folks last night. And here comes another day. And I get to see Clay. Ok off to have adventures in showering. I've been warned the water goes hot cold hot cold. eek.

Happy Friday

ETA: I promise to stay away from the stage door and take my usual spot hugging the wall of Juniors and Clay will come out. heee.

I'm so glad that there are FCAers at Spamalot to represent us all these last few days (I'm SO going to miss sweet Sir Robin).

Cheer long and loudly!!!

KAndre wakes up long enough to say...

Heidi, the guys at my office have found out the hard way that the new BB Storm is a complete and total power hog compared to the old BBs...and they are having some serious buyer's remorse.

That’s a bummer, because that’s the only real issue I have with it right now. I mean, the broadband is fast, the screen resolution is fantastic – I love being able to hit You Tube and watch videos. Luckily, I only paid about 75 bucks for it, with all my credits, etc and I’m within the 30 day return window – I’ll have to decide whether I want to keep it or not.

ldyj... thanks for all the new pictures! I can sorta date some of them by hair/clothes. LOVE the rocker with the RS cover picture on it... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

So many people catch colds from traveling. I always use AirBorne and it really seems to help... I know, too late now, heh! Sawwy I didn't remind you sooner!

You can visit your mom next weekend when you are well and traffic is less!

Heidi... if the phone is a power hog, they will get enough complaints and maybe release a better version soon. I'd take it back and hope!

I love all the recaps of FCAers getting together... keep em coming, please! Who knows how long we'll be waiting for the next recaps.

bottlecap, when you pass from this earth...could I have the password to your photobucket account?

*g*

I decided that staying home is a good thing. I feel lousy, and want to just cut my nose off! Plus have someone suck out the crap from my sinuses.

Just a few things from this afternoon's matinee, January 2 (will continue the other recap soon -- hopefully not Clay's):

When the cart in NYD started to push off to leave Clay sort of fell over backward into Lancelot who had to push him back into "his seat". Not sure if he lost his balance because of the momentum or because he'd raised both legs instead of swinging them alternately like he always does.

When he tried to shake Jenny's hand in KOTRT, she high-five'd him so hard that it was more like a loud smack. Robin was so thrilled about this of course and bragged about it to Galahad.

No kiss with the dice girl this afternoon but lots of lovey dovey gestures.

LOTL sang Funkytown.

Matthew, the nun, was out today and the monk almost dropped the new nun.

Clay initially went for the wrong torch girl, but was so sweet when he found the real one.

Rick was back so the slo-mo horse had great interaction between him and Clay, with Clay giving this totally disgusted look that had lots of tongue.

Still more tongue in the entire show, even as early as NYD. Maybe we can all this "The Weekend of the Tongue"

Jenny as cancan girl was so determined to get Robin that she half-climbed on his back.

Then Knights of Ni made Clay laugh today because (I think) Rick stumbled on his lines a bit.

He flicked the behind of the "nasty tights" girl with the back of his hand -- and it looked like she was waiting for it!

It was great to have Rick and Tom back.

At the wedding scene, Belvedere Patsy and Robin did their dance formation and then Clay did two subtle thrusts.

Still love the confetti trumpet at the end -- he's been doing this all on of the shows I've seen since Thanksgiving.

Mismatched striped socks -- blue and light green on the right, orange & red (?) on the left.

Still does the twisting, grinding dance while the curtain drops, all the way until the very last sliver of light disappears from under the curtain

Summary: He was adorable!!! (tm:canuck)

Plus have someone suck out the crap from my sinuses.

Uh...:unsure:.....

Maybe TMI? :blink:

:cryingwlaughter:

Oh, joy! I just saw the Spam matinee...and I'd forgotten just how much FUN it is! I was sitting there with a stupid grin on my face all the times I wasn't guffawing! What a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours! And Couchie was next to me and all was right with the world. Interesting, though. This was my first Spam, the Sequel show and of course I noticed every little difference in Clay's performance.

No sing song "any waaaaa" in the tower

No kissing (demmit) in Camelot

Rick moved quickly through the Knights of Ni---Three Stooges

He DID snap the girl in nasty tights with his fingers during YWSOB

I like this King Arthur. He does have that 'mush in his mouth' British affected enunciation and although at times it was hard to understand, I thought it worked.

LOTL---nice voice but nowhere near Hannah's, IMO, in range and power. She did a great Rhianna reference during "Find Your Grail"...at the end of the word 'grail'...she held the 'el' sound and then did, 'ella, ella, ella'---re: Rhianna's "Umbrella" song. It was funny. I did like her Diva's Lament, though.

Hallelujah! Clay did sing 'Amen', although it was quite short (something I never thought I'd say about the man)

Absolutely NO real play with the ribbons during the guard scene; in fact, that interchange was very 'straight' with hardly any extras. It was very well done but very fast and sans 'gags'

He DID do two pelvic thrusts at the finale, but they were rather tame...

Although those white pants don't really hide very much, do they? :hubbahubba:

Crowd was very family-full---with young kids, too! A cute little girl behind us caught the LOTL's bouquet and was super excited and a couple of kids next to me were talking about how scary the bloody scene was with the Black Knight. :blink:

LOVED Rick's "I throw my shoes at you" line! :cryingwlaughter:

Sigh

And as I told Couchie, I MISS hearing Clay sing. I really, really do. Every now and then when he'd sing a certain note, hit a unique "Clay-tone", I'd just catch my breath, wanting him to continue---just keep on singing SOMETHING, so that I could hear that voice again.

No stage door today, although Rick and Merle signed autographs.

Tonight I see Equus! (I'm being a good girl and actually seeing other shows this time around. heh.) And Claygasm and lurker friend get here tonight. Woo hoo! AND today was much less bitterly cold than yesterday, even though we got a light dusting of snow right before going into the theater!

Later, friends!

Love the recaps. I really miss not being there. Tommorrow I have ski patrol all day so I will not be able to read any till later in the evening. At least it does not look like I will freeze, it is suppose to be a little warmer and the winds calmer. I hate being cold.

a few pages ago people were talking about blackberry's, I just got a blackberry pearl from my brother, he works for tmobile and his work gave them some phones for Christmas, and since he just got a G1 he gave me the brand new blackberry...we have to pay our phone bill before I can say how it works though, because we dont have service right now (but YAAAAAY for me finally having a job so this stuff wont happen again) anyways..Ive had flip phones for so long that it will be strange getting used to a non flip phone.