#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Just call me Schmoopie Muski :P ...but I've been thinking....If it's true that Clay and Reed only met early 2008...then Reed most likely has NOT seen Clay in concert...As in REALLY in concert mode.

How exciting! How cool is it to imagine Reed in the audience watching Clay do his THANG on a stage, singing and doing what he does so damned well. COoooooool. I mean, yeah...he's seen him in Spamalot and Clay's seen Reed in Wicked...but

What a treat for Reed! To watch Clay prowl the stage as only Clay can do. To watch and hear him banter with the audience and mess around with Quiana and Jesse and bump and grind with Angela...

Ooooh! I hope Reed can't wait! I know I can't! :hubbahubba:

muski... that post was almost as good as one of your fanfics... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I want clack... :hysterical: I think I'm giddy... after the seriousness of the last few days, this is just so much fun and freeing!

Just throw more on the Reed/Clay discussion; it was opined on another board that perhaps Clay purposely leaked the information about Reed...pictures, etc. to one up The "E" True Hollywood Story that is airing this week-end. I mean if everyone is talking about Reed and Clay, they sure as heck aren't going to care about JP, etc....maybe Clay is given us his version of The True Hollywood Story.

So what do you think...possible or do I need to get myself fitted for a tin foil hat?

Kim

The thought crossed my mind earlier, but then I think - Clay hasn't been a spin doctor thus far, so I don't really see him doing it now. Not saying it's impossible, just not something I see him doing. *shrug* And if he/they are, then more power to him. I don't see how us pointing it out all over the net will help him, but then I rarely do see the benefits in stuff like that. *big shrug*

Still think they would make one hawt looking couple!

I agree with cindilu. If he was inclined to spin, we would have seen many public pictures of him dating women in the past to refute the tabloids, Conan etc etc etc.

I think if I were famous (it could so happen! :lol: ) I would be inclined to say "I'm living how I want, loving whom I want, and going where I want, pictures be damned." Maybe this is what Clay is doing? Perhaps not fully before he came out but it also doesn't seem like any pictures we have seen have been engineered to give any certain impression. I dunno if I am saying this right?

keepingfaith

But, given the situation of the Star source, it's comforting that the story is that Clay has a cute, interesting, and talented boyfriend. And I think they look great together. I don't have any illusions that this guy is The One, or that it will last a long time, but I'm willing to enjoy thinking about Clay loving someone and being loved in return. I can easily do that.

I for one am just happy that Clay can now date someone without having to hide it.

But oh my lord...the story is everywhere now.

hi guys!

its been awhile since Ive posted on a new board, you probably know me as smittenwithclay (or maybe you don't know me lol) and my friend Wandacleo kept telling me I should post at FCA, I don't know why I changed my name, probably because I was afraid of having someone look over my shoulders..thought I could be someone else here...or else I was just under the influence at the time..either way, like I said in the welcome thread, you can call me smitten, Ill know who your talking about :) anyways, I kept telling wanda that I was skeered to post on a new board, but the new possible boyfriend got me to post...

all day I've been in the "I'm not believing it without some evidence" car, and Ive never been a shipper..ever, and I didn't intend to even care about someone else's love life (my own is a mess enough) but then I saw on CV that reed changed his myspace status to "in a relationship" and that broke me, and I found myself grinning like a fool, and just very very happy for him, I guess it just goes to show that when the relationship is about someone that I love, then I do care :)there are enough signs pointing toward it being true for me to get kinda giddy now...or really giddy lol

so I wanted to post, and say hello..since I read here, didn't want you guys to think I was looking over your shoulders lol don't know if Ill become a huge poster, but I'm going to try to do it a bit more..

hello to those that I do know, and hello to those that I don't yet but plan to get to know...

so yes, to anyone who saw me "not caring" Im a big ole hypocrite lol

p.s. I am not, nor do I plan to befriend Reed on facebook or myspace lol

claygasm:

I loved shipping the original Clelly!

djs111:

Bwah!!!! That is the one pairing that made me pukle! And retch!

That was actually my burnt puppy, back in the day.

Different strokes for everyone!

claygasm:

What a shock! You hated what I loved!

Heeee......people who have known me for a while can attest to the fact that the Clelly has been making me pukle for years and years and years.

Although I feel fairly certain that somewhere, on some hidden, out-of-the-way board, there are Clellies declaring that the whole shebang is just another ruse to throw people off, and that Parker is really Kelly's baby, and that poochy tummy of Kelly's was there for a reason................

It does seem kind of amusing to me to see pictures of Clay and Reed examined minutely for evidence FOR a relationship and then AGAINST a relationship. Reminds me of boobgate. Pictures are such a moment in time - who knows what happened 5 seconds before or five seconds after?

I just like the pretty pictures!

I think my favorite is the one posted here yesterday - the dark bangs, the black velvety jacket, the black shirt. Yum.

Ahhh, I have to jump on board with everyone who is happyhappyhappy and giddy! This story may be everywhere but since I rarely go anywhere other than the boards or work, I wouldn't know. :cryingwlaughter: But if the main gist of it is that Clay has a new, hunky boyfriend, hey, I'm good with that. Such a departure from days of old where everything was spun to be as ugly as possible. Unless Clay indicates that it's not true or that he is bothered by the lighthearted fan shipping of the Creed, I'm definitely on board with it! And I agree with keepingfaith, if the two of them are going out in public together, then what's the big deal anyways? Barring the fans who pry, of course. I don't even know how to go to a myspace page, let alone befriend someone. But couchie, don't diss the facebook! My daughter got me into that and I luuuurves it.

Spam report from CV:

From BFS at OFC:

Tom is back (he got a huge amount of applause tonight)

I think the sing songy anyhooow may be gone *mourns the loss of said sing songy*

he poked Tom a few times during not-dead-fred scene

David was on fire tonight...he made the "people we don't like bouncier" and smacked his knee in time to the bounciness....

Idol of the Age got a nice applause and laugh...

The Vegas Camelot girl hit Clay with her tower, he was behind, and when she spun she got him

Chasing the Orange Camelot girl, bent down with hand on the floor to see up her skirt...

Gave Rick a snotty look for reining him in on Spam, Spam, Spam

During the Camelot scene, Clay wasn't paying attention, so Jenny yelled hey you....

Bevedere was also very bouncy tonight he caught the LoL left glove and was quite gleeful...

Clay caught the right glove and also was quite gleeful....

LoL did a Shaka Kahn riff...she did it twice ...and then went by an okay...like it didn't go over well...

I really like the way Clay plays the grail/quail bit...he seems to get more laughs this time around...his intonation is less silly, more believable...

during the French Taunter scene, Clay really played up the rude gestures part....

He poked and prodded the Rabbit....

During intermission --I overheard someone say "that little Robin is played by that American kid, he is quite good"

Rick did the keeper of the words Ni and Ni (three stooge style)

David's solo was fab, and he does this fab heel spin that i love...

Rick's Knights of Ni riff was wanna buy a senate seat? I laughed hysterically, but had to explain the joke at stage door

When Clay spun around on the piano he hit a few clunker notes on the piano ...hee,hee

His solo was fab and well rec'd ....

Guard scene...he punched the father in the shoulder when he said he thought it a bit daff to guard a guard...very funny

Odd line, when Tom said ready Lancelot...and he was falling to his death...he asked do you happen to have any ice cubes...laughed hysterically, but not really sure what it meant other than the obvious that Lance got him all hot and bothered?

Clay added some tongue action to Brother Maynard...and sang the short, but sweet ahah man

Peasant was a very cute women from Canada who was here with CarolinaGreeneyes...she was adorable...she got a wave instead of a handshake and she kept giggling and enjoying the moment...

C101 is the seat

Bevedere said it was Jewish CIA -Ci Oy

Rick said it was Koi...an oversize Japanese goldfish that doesn't taste very good...i thought it was hysterical and kept giggling....I mentioned it Rick at stage door....and he said thank you, he tries, but that didn't get very many laughs...i thought it was hysterical...

At the end Clay gave a nice hip thrust...and did a tambourine kind of game with Bevedere and Patsy...

Did the confetti horn....

It was a great show and lots of fun...

This recap may travel....

From OFC:

Barricades were up, but no stage door

Ahhh, I have to jump on board with everyone who is happyhappyhappy and giddy! This story may be everywhere but since I rarely go anywhere other than the boards or work, I wouldn't know. :cryingwlaughter: But if the main gist of it is that Clay has a new, hunky boyfriend, hey, I'm good with that. Such a departure from days of old where everything was spun to be as ugly as possible. Unless Clay indicates that it's not true or that he is bothered by the lighthearted fan shipping of the Creed, I'm definitely on board with it! And I agree with keepingfaith, if the two of them are going out in public together, then what's the big deal anyways? Barring the fans who pry, of course. I don't even know how to go to a myspace page, let alone befriend someone. But couchie, don't diss the facebook! My daughter got me into that and I luuuurves it.

Me too! I'll admit that I went and took a look at myspace (just looked, I don't know that "scarlett" person from milwaukee) and boy! Between Jessica Rabbit and Edward Cullen alone, I started thinking that I might end up liking him more than Clay... Eeeee!

ETA: But I'm still watching Spam instead of Wicked this weekend!!!

I wrote a long post and lost it. :angry:

The gist of it was that Reed seems like a very talented guy. I'll try to find that link to the blog with good comments and great pictures of him. It was not very invasive as he cooperated with the writer on it.

I don't get goggle alerts so I haven't seen what the bloggers and gossipers are saying but the Star article is so positive that it seems planted. I won't buy the magazine as I can't in good conscience support a tabloid, but I hope it too is positive and not too invasive.

Clay's publicist is doing a great job portraying Clay as a normal guy who just happens to be gay and a daddy. After that is established I'm thinking we will see more about him as a humanitarian and finally as a great singer. At least that would be my plan. :8:

I know I'll get hammered for this, but my husband's grandmother had some really great folkisms. I think this one will apply to those fans who can't make up their minds whether they want to be a fan of Clay's or not. After two and a half months, piss or get off the pot. I've read the posts, I've seen a million definitions of when is a lie a lie or not, what is left to say? I hate to see fans leave but if you are in misery, this is supposed to be fun. If a fan needs a break from the boards great, you are always welcome back once you have found your happiness. To those who are always unhappy, please don't expect me to read your every word. I don't have time. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

ETA: here is the blog:Blog about Kelly with great pictures

Good Morning Everyone,

25 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

47 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hey, Fear, I hear ya. To those who have genuine questions and curiosity, who want to understand what coming out is like and what it means to be gay, I have no problem with patience. But to those who are still stuck on "he lied" or are having "trust" issues....meh, time to make a decision, people. IMO obviously.

Wheeeeeeee! One more sleep! :dancingpickle:

I was going to do a big post with lots of quotes, but then discovered that I really don't have the time. So, here, without quotes...

Welcome claylaughs! Hope you enjoy it here!

I do understad, to a point, where CG is coming from, especially in regards to the fans. Now, I don't mind people looking at Reed's MySpace profile as much (true confession: I just went to his MySpace page), but I'm not into becoming his "friend" just because of the connection to Clay. At all.

At the same time though, as much as it does throw me a bit that this whole story is considered "news" -- well, maybe that is one way that Clay will break down some walls in regards to the freedom for gays. Just to be seen out together has got to be liberating for him, and I seriously think that some who weren't as accepting will now understand that this SHOULD be considered normal.

Another true confession: I will probably go out and buy that issue of the Star. This one seems like such a happy thing, and besides...if there's pretty pictures...

kf, I think in times of economic troubles, gossip rags take on a bigger focus in people's worlds. They want the escapism. While most of my day yesterday was reading about how I happen to live in a state who can't seem to elect someone as governor who can't stay legal (and in yesterday's case, rather stupidly at that), I would come to the boards to drool over Reed and Clay as a relief.

Fear, I used that phrase just yesterday in an email to someone -- except my Dad's version was "s**t or get off the pot." And I agree with you -- it's been almost 3 months now, I feel decisions could be made in regards to someone's fandom, especially if the object in question has pissed you off (or disgusted you) that badly. IMO, though -- I think for some, their lives are so intrinsically entwined with the goings and doings of Clay Aiken (for the past 5 years, no less), that they can't let the "habit" go. They thought they knew Clay; they thought they really had a relationship with him; and now, they are almost like jilted lovers. I don't get it either, but that's the way I see it.

HAVE FUN LUCKIEST!

Gotta run...work calls. *sigh*

kf, I think in times of economic troubles, gossip rags take on a bigger focus in people's worlds. They want the escapism. While most of my day yesterday was reading about how I happen to live in a state who can't seem to elect someone as governor who can't stay legal (and in yesterday's case, rather stupidly at that), I would come to the boards to drool over Reed and Clay as a relief.

WhatsamattaME? I must be one loonie chick because I find political scandals way, WAY more interesting than celebrity scandals. Political scandals ... people are indicted and end up in prison. Celebrity scandals ... people are busted and end up in rehab. Oops, 'scuse me, I hear that different drummer marching through....

Hee my pretend gay boyfriend may have a boyfriend! Pretty cool if it is true.

(Note I used the long form of IIT to avoid hurting any sensibilities*g*)

Hi smitt...... claylaughs welcome to the madding crowd!

:loveclaysbutt:

Well that's as profound as I get for today. My work is done!

About the only time I read the tabloids is when I am standing in line at the grocery store and I give the headlines a quick glance all the while rolling my eyes.

I am always amazed at how much time and energy is spent by the fandom obsessing over the tabloids and what they are saying about Clay...and I do think it gets obsessive. Compared to other celebrities he hasn't really been in the tabloids that much and unless you are getting google alerts and see every bit of internet garbage out there, I think most people aren't even aware of what is going on with Clay.

Most of the stuff I know is from the boards, not the tabloids. And what is being said about Clay now is not negative...so he may be dating...whoop-de-doo! Is it an invasion of his privacy? In today's world and especially if one is a celebrity, there is no such thing as complete privacy. I do think Clay leads a very private life as compared to other celebrities but unless he decides to stay in Raleigh behind his security gates...he is going to be photographed and written about.

Clay is living his life and is happy and relaxed...he is not hiding anything...whatever his relationship with Reed, he is comfortable being in public with him...he obviously didn't have a problem with Reed posting pictures on his Myspace. It is all good imo.

Unfortunately, I think there are fans who have firmly set up camp on the banks of a rather famous river in Egypt and don't want to hear or see anything that would imply Clay is dating or ...gasp...may have a love life.

All the usual disclaimers about not talking about anyone here, etc.

Kim

If Clay's happy, I'm happy. Spread the happiness around...

ETA:

<snip> However, when it comes to leading men online, film stars can't compare to singer
Clay Aiken who takes home top honors as the most-searched man in 2008 for the 3rd consecutive year
, driven by headlines of Aiken coming out publicly about his sexuality, and being a new Dad.<snip>

Top 10 Men of 2008:

1. Clay Aiken

2. Barack Obama

3. Heath Ledger

4. Paul Newman

5. John McCain

6. Tupac Shakur

7. Johnny Depp

8. Howard Stern

9. Travis Barker

10. 50 Cent

Well, that is incredible that there were more Lycos searches for Clay than Barack Obama in 2008.

Good Morning, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Hope everyone is having a super week. My students are preparing for holiday performance classes the 17th and 18th, so there's lots of polishing going on. I wrote a little about this in my current blog: Christmas Music Fills the Air.

Very handsome banner, cindilu2! :woman:

Welcome, smitten / claylaughs! :hello:

I think the Clay-Reed relationship is their business. Not that the media and off-the-wall bloggers (I never saw so many on a Google search!) will leave them alone. Since he's in show biz, I think Reed will be able to handle all of Clay's "extended family." :lol:

One of our members -- xxx4clay -- is in surgery for cancer this morning. Prayers, good thoughts, candles will be appreciated. This is her page at the Gratefulness site: xxx4clay. :friends:

Take care, and have a great day! :clay:

Caro listen.gif

Welcome claylaughs (a.k.a. Smitten)! You should go ahead and post, not lurk. This is a cool board.

I thought this was interesting! Clay was more searched than Facebook! (Which by the way its tons of fun so if anyone is on Facebook and not on my friends list please tell me so I can add you)

The Lycos 50 Top 10 Search Terms for 2008

1. Poker

2. Paris Hilton

3. YouTube

4. Golf

5. Sarah Palin

6. Britney Spears

7. Clay Aiken

8. Pamela Anderson

9. Facebook

10. Holly Madison

<snip> However, when it comes to leading men online, film stars can't compare to singer Clay Aiken who takes home top honors as the most-searched man in 2008 for the 3rd consecutive year, driven by headlines of Aiken coming out publicly about his sexuality, and being a new Dad.<snip>

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Lyco...6-6C4E4972FBF4}

I did not know about xxx4clay. Sending positive thoughts and prayers her way.

claylaughs... the artist formerly know as Smit... oh wait... :cryingwlaughter:

:welcome10: We like newbies around here!

I still have the smilies this morning, even if not true, it just feels like "Clay as punching bag" has shifted a bit and I like it. I love the thought of him being in a relationship, of being loved and appreciated as himself. Sigh!

Ya' know, I sorta understand those who are still having a problem about his saying he didn't lie or decieve when he did by implication, but in my opinion, they need to either forgive the guy or quit talking about it. The more they dwell on it in their minds the bigger an issue it becomes.

I remember the Prime Time interview. He almost stumbled over the words, but he did say that he was glad to be the banner carrier for those who are not womanizers or gay... hehe. See, he didn't say he wasn't gay... he said he'd be glad to carry the banner for those who weren't. Hence, he didn't lie. Technically.

I hope those still struggling can come to the forgive him stage at some point so they can start to enjoy him again. :loveclaysbutt:

claylove... thanks for bringing that good news over.

{{{{{xxx4clay}}}}}

Me, I enjoy the man largely! :cryingwlaughter:

pats via the internet xxx3clay...

Tsk, tsk merrieeee...my fantasy gay boyfriend may have gotten me an additional boyfriend. I need to send him a note that I still want Brosnan. Not that Reed isn't cute. Cute is good. But to make a good faith effort of fulfilling my fantasies (and as his fan, I deserve at least that!) Clay needs to collect a number of older guys I've been lusting for for a really long time. He's the youngest in the bunch, so it's his job to make it work. He can do it one at a time though. I'm not as young as I used to be. But if he finds out he, Depp, Denzel and Pierce only have the one weekend in Vegas, I'll suck it up. Heh. (Frankly, the gay thing makes my fantasy life much easier - I am so not interested in competition with hot chicks. Shallow. I redefine shallow.)

Concert Clay. I want me some Concert Clay.

so I wanted to post, and say hello..since I read here, didn't want you guys to think I was looking over your shoulders lol don't know if Ill become a huge poster, but I'm going to try to do it a bit more..

hello to those that I do know, and hello to those that I don't yet but plan to get to know...

Hey sweetie, great to see you here! I can't read/post at CV anymore, since the site shuts down my IE, so I've missed your posts. :thbighug-1:

For those of you who don't know her, claylaughs/smitten, wrote one of my favourite Christmas stories last year, which I had the pleasure of hearing her read at the Ka'zoo concert. It had something to do with lacy undies... :whistling-1:

I think you're really going to like the company here!