#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Farewell to Sir Robin

What a great run (again ) for Clay

Does anyone know who will be playing Sir Robin now? I still think it is strange to end his run with so few shows left in Spam's run. Wonder why he would not just close the show?

I am happy the cast & Broadway was so kind to him. I always thought he would be good on Broadway but I never imagined he would be in show where he really wasn't singing much.

Okay still hope for a tour sometime in 2009

If you can tear yourselves away from looking at YouKnowWho, in the stage door video, there is a head popping up in the window above to see what all the fuss is about!

Too cute!

I also noticed in the picture of Ace he has his CD prominently placed...hee!!

And FWIW I like Reed better than Ace, but no-one beats Clay Aiken....no-one!

Assorted recaps, mostly pulled from the CH:

Recap from today's finale show: Zippy from CB

- we were one of the first people to enter the theatre and we could hear singing coming from beyond the orchestra pit. They were singing "Happy Trails to you!"

- there was such thunderous applause for Clay when he appeared in all the scenes

- Standing O for the whole cast but you could hear that the applause crescendoed when he appeared without his wig. Someone told me that if a performer appears without his wig, it means that their performance has ended with that theatre.

- Nods to Clay - LOTL sang "Invisible", Knights of NI sang ""As Long As We're Here"", 2 dancers at the finale song kowtowed behind Clay.

- Headless guy stood up and took a bow!!

- Launcelot actually spits and then wipes it from his forehead with Clay looking on in disgust - has the "Ew" face on! - so the spit I thought was the King was actually Launcelot's. Ewwwwwww!

- Jenny Hill as Jewish Dancing Girl said to Clay "Miss you!" Usually, it's "I love you!"

- Lancelot come out doing the side-saddle with Concord said something like let's follow the screaming

- Very subtle tunic flip with a sly look back to the crowd with a smirk. Everyone groaned!

- YWSOB - thunderous applause and standing O

I miss Clay already!

I remembered a couple of tidbits about the finale. When Clay did the hip thrusts after dancing with Patsy and Bedevere, one female and one male chorus member got down on the stage and did the I'm not worthy bow down movement to Clay.

Some of the girls in the ensemble started to cry and huddled together to hug one another. It was very touching.

I heard the girl sitting next to Brett was his girlfriend.

Reed is verra, verra beautiful and hot in person. He was beaming at Clay during the finale. I am so happy for them both.

Just returned from our final night of Spamalot. The pages are slow loading for me so I haven't read all the way back but I noticed a couple comments were made regarding Reed and Company. We sat in the front row center of the mezz and I saw when Reed and company came in and sat down. They were directly below us and I had an excellent view. Nick sat on the aisle and Reed was next to him. There was another man who I am pretty sure was Clay's older brother Jeff. Brett was there and also a girl sat next to him. I saw Reed standing at one point. He was wearing what appeared to be a pin-striped suit jacket, shirt, tie and jeans. He looked very handsome. We joked a bit because after he sat down and immediately during intermission, he was checking his cell phone and we laughed and wondered if he was texting Clay.

The people around us were Clay fans and there seemed to be a large crowd of Clay fans present as every appearance by Clay elicited a huge response. The crowd was also very receptive to each character when they made their first entrance. Unfortunately the group of fans in our section couldn't understand when LOTL sang Invisible and when the Knight of Ni sang "As Long As We're Here" because those parts drew loud responses from the audience and we weren't able to catch it.

Clay did not play with the ribbons during the guard scene but his facial expressions all night long were great. I also noticed when after he dropped to the floor after being stabbed by Lancelot, Clay turned his head toward Prince Herbert and Lancelot and I wondered if he was trying to catch the last time he would see them interact in that scene because it is so funny.

I thought Clay's yodeling was especially fiiiine tonight and that high note, well, it was one of those times that reminded me of why I was and remain a fan.

Even though his solo singing is minimal in this show, one can't help but notice his great voice and that along with his great comedic acting ability should

have producers and directors scrambling to get him for projects. I've said this many times and I'll say it again, Clay Aiken is the best kept secret in America.

I was surprised to see him come on the stage at the end minus his wig. I thought his hair looked great and he looked out over the audience several times and seemed to be drinking in every sight and sound one final time. His eyes were sparkling.

During intermission, I walked downstairs and I heard a gal(non-fan) behind me say something about there must be a fan club group here because there is so much response for that Clay Aiken. It must be the Claymates.

The stage door if not as large as back on May 4th had to be very close to it. We were under the ledge but the moment we heard the screams, we knew he had come out on the ledge. We quickly ran up toward Juniors and I did see him first wave to the crowd and then as he stepped back, he gave his salute. It was all very quick but he wore what appeared to be a black sweater and again, I thought his hair looked very good.

I'm sorry to see it end because it was a very triumphant time for Clay as he and his work seemed to be so respected there and that's one of the things

I've always hoped for him and I believe one of the things that is most likely so important to him. I've been lucky because I am only a two-hour bus drive away but I am ready for Clay to return to the concert stage or some other great new project that the greater part of his fandom can enjoy as well. Many of his fans haven't seen him in such a long time and he has matured not only in looks but in his talents as well.

You done good Clay!!!

I hope that Clay and his friends are celebrating tonight too, Leroy. There was just so much joy on that stage tonight that it was palpable. My recap would be mostly about the love and pride shown for Clay, not only from the fans, but most especially from the rest of the Cast. David Hibberd was sitting with the King right in front of me during "YCSOB" and he was just beaming with pride watching Clay perform amidst the huge applause and standing ovation at the end. It just warmed my heart. Bradley Dean was grinning from ear to ear during many moments and Tom and Rick were so into it and having an absolute blast. I've seen this show quite a few times this run and it's always been awesome but tonight was something that I will never forget.

To see a man who has been through so much in the past few months being surrounded by the same amount of love and adoration that was there last May made me so very proud of him and us. His people were in the house and he knew it and all the cast knew it.

I have to mention the huge applause that greeted ALL the cast members when they first appeared on stage. It was amazing and they were eating it up. When Tom came on to start the introduction, the applause was deafening and it was hysterical. He waved at the audience, which made everyone crack up. When the LOTL walked out to do here "Diva's Lament", she was again greeted with applause and she said "Thank you", in a funny way, and which she has never said before, and we all cracked up agaiin. It just continued like that all evening and was a big hoot.

I read on another board that the girl sitting beside Brett was Amy.

They are referring to Clay's step-sister, Amy.

So which is it? Amy or Brett's girlfriend?!?!?!?!?

A tidbit I remember but don't recall seeing posted yet:

In the Finale, after Clay "found his grail", after he went over toward Jenny Hill (Ensemble dancer) and they're going around in their little circle, he's making the "come here" signal with both index fingers, then when they lined up to do their hip bumps, he put his hands at her waist area which positioned her for perfect bumping! Their final bump looked very special indeed.

From CV:

All day I the song Find Your Grail has been echoing in my head. I woke up singing it...I did everything I had to do this morning singing it...I waited in Shubert Alley singing it in my head.

And then it was time. The overture started. Tom/historian got such a loud applause when he entered. It was hilarious. The show felt like family tonight. It was very different from how it felt on Friday where it was more NJU and not even people familiar with the play Spamalot. Today it felt like people saying inside jokes to one another...only they weren't inside jokes...they were the jokes in the play itself and we all knew them...and we were relishing them. It's so hard to explain. Everybody when they came out got huge applause. It was love given to the whole cast. But Tom got so bemused with the applause that was so loud and wouldn't stop.

Amazed in NJ was an amazing peasant!!!!!! And you looked sooooo cute up on that stage!!

Clay? What can I say. There was love in that theater tonight. When his cute head popped out of that tower he got the loving...the applause was pretty dang loud. I don't know if there was anything "special" so much as the cast was loose and doing practical jokes on Clay...like not pulling him back to stop him yodeling on All For One. He got thunderous applause for Idol of my age...and it was the first time for the Redux that I couldn't hear the next lines...and the golden larynx line at all.

YCSOB...was amazing tonight. When he did not do the tunic flip there was an audible groan in the audience. Then he turned around and gave us this look...like HAH! You thought I would but I am not gonna...heh. Total brat.

Other little things have gotten reported already...like the LOTL adding Invisble to her song...and the Knights of Ni singing As Long As We're Here. I have to say when The headless knight popped back up and took a bow after he dropped down dead because the killer bunny bit his head off the place erupted in laughter and applause. He got applause when he died too the first time...louder than normal....it was soooo funny. And when two of the dancers bowed down to Clay it was hoot!!!!!!!

The King, LOTL, Patsy, Rick, Tom, Galahdad...heck...the whole cast...I will miss their incredible talent. It was said...not just because it was Clay's last time...but because I know the play will be ending next week too. The Shubert will just not look right without the Spamalot signs on it...and the Camelot girls on the marquee.

When Clay came out at the end...with no wig...it was fitting. His time as Sir Robin was at an end. I will say...seeing "Clay" in that white tux...was verra verra niiiiiiiiice.....oh yeah...and you definitely could see Mr. Happy.

As the confetti rained down...and the applause would not stop...and ALOTBSOL was ringing through the theater....there was love in that theater.

It was a bittersweet moment.

Now I have another song stuck in my head...ALOTBSOL. This is a ending...but a beginning too. Fare thee well Clay. May you always find your grail. May the sun shine brightly...and the grass look greenest and the sky crystal blue.

If you can tear yourselves away from looking at YouKnowWho, in the stage door video, there is a head popping up in the window above to see what all the fuss is about!

Too cute!

Which video? What window ?

Who is it?

I can't tell who it is. It's the video that's on photobucket that was posted within a post here. This one:

Via laughn at getclayaiken:

jmstoer's video from CV

th_closingrooftop.jpg

click pic to play

There's another vid where I can see a flash of someone who might be Reed at the window Clay comes out of and goes back into. That was on SendSpace, with "new" in the title and some numbers. I already changed the file name so can't tell you the original name exactly.

Here it is. I don't think it was posted here. ACK!! Sorry. From CH, the incredible Ms Marm:

From CV:

I only got a tiny clip of video of Clay on the roof tonight - just the salute as he turned to leave us. In my clip you can see someone in the window watching Clay say his goodbyes to us! http://www.sendspace.com/file/u9n6u7

Tribeca, you're so close with your quotes now. Just make sure that this--[*/quote] (delete the *)--comes at the end of the quote and you'll be golden!

I can't help but think about how scared he must have been to come out--and it's not been so long--and then to have this HUGE outpouring of love and support.

It makes me proud to be a Claymate.

wanda... :yeahthat::yeahthat:

CG here........

P.S. Claygasm just said (for bottlecap) that ACE is hotter than Reed...although perhaps their arms would rival each other! :)

In the interest of research, you've got this:

Ace-12.jpg

versus this:

Reed_handstand.jpg

Discuss amongst youselves.

:hubbahubba: to both!!!

Ace. Reed. WHY DO WE HAVE TO CHOOSE???? I ain’t choosing. I’m taking both, plus Clay, plus Derek from Dancing with the Stars (talk about athletic!!), plus anyone else who suits me. <g>

I ain't choosing! I want them all!! (Like I have a chance with any of them....)

If Reed isn't dancing in Wicked anymore I wonder if he will be joining Clay in Raleigh? I sure hope so.

Do we know Reed is no longer dancing in Wicked?? I mean, maybe he just took the day off.

I am still wondering how I missed Brett. Lurker Friend and I both commented there was no Faye, Jaymes or Brett. We saw Nick, Reed and an older man and a woman standing right outside the theater as we went in. I made a point of looking closely at Reed them and I KNOW I would have noticed Brett if he were with them. Then inside there was Nick, Reed and the older man sitting in a row, but again I didn't see Brett! Now since EVERYONE else did except muski, Lurker Friend and I, he must have been there, but I am perplexed how we missed him!

I can't really add anything to muski's recap. The show was WONDERFUL. Clay was great, Rick was out of this world, Tom was amazing - everyone. It was truly the beginning of the end for Spamalot. The beginning of their last week; the departure of one of their major cast members.... It must all be so bittersweet for everyone. I just kept thinking as I was watching this show how much joy, how much laughter, how many smiles this show has brought - not just since Clay has been associated with it, but since it debuted on Broadway - what was it, in 2005? No matter how bad things may be in your real life, walking into that theater gives you a little over 2-hours of unadulterated joy. I remember the first time I saw it. My father lay dying. It had been a very emotional and stressful several months. My mother told me I should go - I NEEDED to go. And I did and I have never laughed so hard in all my life and it was like for at least a few hours, a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders - and my heart. The next day reality returned, but man, that show was a gift for me then. And it doesn't even have to be something as heavy as that. You could just have had a bad day, or been in a bad mood - whatever. I dare anyone to walk out of that theater after seeing that show not feeling better than when they walked in!

What a great job it must be to be able to lift the spirits and the hearts and the minds of so many people!

I will miss Clay - but he will be back Don't know when but he WILL be back. But soon the lights will go dark on the Shubert and the Knights of the Round Table will be no more.

I am so grateful that Clay was in the show, not only because of being able to see him in his Broadway debut, but because he was in Spamalot I got to see Spamalot and experience all the joy it had to give.

So farewell not only to Brave Sir Robin but to Lancelot and Galahad and Bevedere and King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake and Herbert and all the others. Thanks for the laughter and the fun. There is no greater gift you can give and you all gave it so well.

CG... on muski's computer... great recap!

Hi Guys - I know you have already seen it but here is my video of Clay waving goodbye from the rooftop. I think its pretty good so I thought I would post in case anyone wants to take another look.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7bwkl3

by the way, when walking to my seat I passed right by Reed walking the other way so he was like inches from me. Clay is my one and only but Reed does have incredible eyes!!! More later... hee

claylove... thanks!!! Reed does have incredible eyes... and an incredible bendy, tall body! Cute attracts Cute, I always say! :cryingwlaughter:

More recaps via getclayaiken:

From Invisible926 at CV:

I was just watching the roof waving video and I noticed, apart from that gorgeous hunk of a sexy singerman, that someone in his dressing room window was taking pictures of the crowd. You can see someone moving and two distinct flashes. How cool is THAT that someone was taking pictures of the crowd, which was huge BTW.

Not sure which video she's talking about though. Anyone care to enlighten me? Unfortunately, I have to get to work this morning. Boo.

Here's a pic Katy4Clay (CV) snapped with her phone, showing Reed and Nick and Jeff with Jerome.

th_090104_JeromeNickReed_Katy4Clay.jpg

From bweber9 at CV:

The audience at Clay’s final appearance in Spamalot on Sunday resembled any Clay concert – I recognized many, many people. I had heard that some of Clay’s friends and family were there but I didn’t see them before the lights went down.

When Tom first appeared on the stage as the Historian, he was met with a nice round of sustained applause. Tom tried to shush us, but it went on for quite awhile. He finally started his lines and everyone quieted down. Throughout the show, as each actor appeared for the first time, they were treated to the same warm ovation. I think they appreciated it. I can only hope they all get as warm a reception on January 11th. It was great to be a part of that. They definitely felt some of our love today and I hope Clay was proud.

When Clay first appeared in the tower, the place just erupted. He didn’t let it go on too long and started his lines. As Clay rode off the stage after “Not Dead Yet” I couldn’t help but think that’s the last time he’s going to wear that costume. Awwwwww…When Clay came onstage as Sir Robin for the first time, the place just erupted again. Tom waited to start his introduction of Sir Robin, but we didn’t quiet down. Clay turned and walked off the stage, then walked back on again still clutching his rubber chicken. The crowd finally settled down enough for Tom to say, “As you probably already know, Sir Robin slew the…” It was very funny. As Clay is yodeling in “All For One”, normally Lancelot and Galahad stop him and pull him back into line. Today, they didn’t pull him back. Clay just stopped singing and backed up into his spot on his own. That was really funny too!

I was a little off to the right so I couldn’t see Clay when he was standing with the dice during KOTRT. I’m just guessing he kissed the dancing girl based on the reaction of the crowd. The Lady of the Lake sang “If I were invisible” during her little lounge act sequence. I think the cast all rose to the occasion and really put their all into each number. Each song was met with thunderous applause. Two of the can-can girls really went after him during “Run Away” and were repaid with a double-fisted French Salute.

At intermission, I did spot Brett sitting in the orchestra. I then saw Nick and Reed come and sit down as well. Reed was wearing a suit and looked very handsome and dapper. He sat with his cell phone and appeared to be texting. Too funny. I personally did not see anyone approach them, but there was a lot of staring going on.

Just after the king kills the Black Knight, there’s a scene where Sir Robin and the minstrels come back onstage and the minstrels are singing about Sir Robin soiling his pants and running away. Tom changed one of the lines and sang something to the effect of “Sir Robin dropped a deuce.” Rick as the Knight of Ni sang, “As long as we’re here” and the place went crazy. I think he did a little more but I couldn’t hear him at all at this point. Finally he said something about a lower key would be better for him and they went on. When Sir Robin starts talking about Broadway being a very special place filled with very special people, I wondered what was going through Clay’s mind at that point.

During YWSOB, the audience went nuts when Clay stops the first time for his applause. When he saw the piano, he motioned for us to stop as he always does. Of course, we didn’t stop. He just gave up and went to sit at the piano. He very purposefully lifted his tabard and sat down on the bench without showing any of his lovely posterior. There was an audible groan of displeasure from the audience and he turned and gave us a look that said “Ha! I win.” When he finished on his knee over by the king, the applause was deafening and some stood. He got up and looked embarrassed like he’s supposed to and the crowd just kept going. He looked at the king and made a “they’re all crazy” motion. The king just stood and waited. Clay just stood and tried to look as innocent as possible. If he had jumped back down on his knee again like he did Saturday night, I think we would all still be there. Finally, we quieted down enough for the king to say “Gosh”, which was extra funny in that circumstance, and they rode off to find some Jews. When Lancelot came riding out with Concorde just after that, Rick mentioned hearing a lot of screaming. It was funny.

There was a hilarious moment during the killer rabbit scene. Sir Bors went to kill the rabbit, his head popped off, and he fell over dead just like always. I guess the crowd reacted or something, but he jumped back up and faced the audience (with no head), took a bow, and then fell over dead again. I guess he wanted some of the love as well. The rest of the cast just stood there gaping as we continued applauding. Rick as Tim the Enchanter just shook his head in disbelief. It was hysterically funny.

We got a very brief “Amen” sung by Brother Maynard, a couple pelvic thrusts during the finale, and then it was done. Each actor got a rousing round of applause during the curtain call, and when Clay came out without his wig on, the place erupted once again. They didn’t let us go on overly long before the king came out, they sang, the curtain came down and he was gone.

All in all, the show was just perfect. The cast was extremely gracious in letting us go on and on for Clay. I think it helped that we went on and on for each of them as well. As I said, I hope they get as much from the final crowd next Sunday. I think we did Clay proud.

One small aside…the character’s name is ‘B E D E V E R E”, not Belvedere, not Bevedere, it’s Bedevere. It’s right there in the playbill. I don’t know why this bothers me so much, but I cringe every time I see it misspelled in a recap. I know it’s not intentional, it just seems disrespectful. There, I’m done.

We all waited in the alley afterwards. I was right behind Dancerdad at the barricade so I couldn’t tell how full the alley was or how it compared to May. We kept scanning the roof and sure enough there he appeared. It was very short and sweet. A few waves and he was gone. I honestly don’t think Clay wants us to see him too emotional. I’m sure there will be plenty of tears when he says goodbye to his fellow cast members.

I have had a fabulous time with Spamalot. It makes me very sad to know that it will be no more. I hope Rick and Tom and David (and all the cast) find new jobs soon. I would go see them in anything new. And Hannah! I hope they find themselves with another happy cast that gets along as well as this one seemed to.

I think this experience has been fabulous for Clay as well, not just for the great reviews and connections he most likely has made, but for new-found friends, confidence in his talents and the ability to live his life freely. Clay was happy here.

So now what? I plan to spend the next however-long-it-is-until-there’s-something-new organizing all my clack, revisiting much of it along the way. I’ll lay down one of fifty’s tenners that Clay is ready before I am.

I hope Clay takes some time to spend with Parker, with friends, maybe visits Hannah in London. I believe we’ve heard he’ll work on some foundation stuff, maybe some UNICEF stuff.

What will his next career move be? I have no idea. For all I know, he may be working on it already.

All I do know is that I love Clay Aiken, completely and without apology, and I’ll be right here waiting when he’s ready for me.

Picture_17.png

I'm loving all the recaps. They are making me schmoopie. Way to go, Claynation! You done us proud. And Clay.....what a fantastic run he had on Broadway. I loved every minute of it, and I feel so priveleged to have been able to attend Spamalot 9 times. I love the respect and love he was shown there.

Back to RL this morning. Got son #2 off to school, everyone is back at work (as opposed to me being the only one working during the holidays). I have a few events in the next couple of months to look forward to....a David Cassidy concert with friends, an Elvis impersonator show with son #1, a skating show....but I'd love to be able to put something Clay on the calendar, too. I want him to take as much time as he needs to recharge and regroup, but I hope he lets us know what's to come as soon as he is sure.

We should be getting slowly coming in recaps today and tomorrow. I know one person who doesn't get back until Tues or Wed. That will prolong the pain of no news for a couple more days... then, GFI! Then, the people who go see Celine with him on the 20th, so I'm ok... sort of. Sure will miss Spamalot, tho!

I still haven't even started gathering my pictures for my calendar. I was doing an online workshop the whole month of December, plus doing Christmas, so I have an excuse... do so. :cryingwlaughter: Other than I'm a great procrastinator, of course.

My Check Engine light came on last night so this morning I have to take my car in and somehow manage to get to work since my main boss is coming into town today... ack. Don't want no stinkin' car repair bill right after Christmas, espcially since I already did my part for the economy and spent my bonus money.

Happy monday..packing up to leave in an hour and won't be home until late tonight because I have to change planes. So happy I came. Last show was wonderful... I'm sure you've heard all the fun stuff that happened on stage. Seeing the love from everyone on that stage toward him was just wonderful. I hope his next adventure is in just such an envrionment.

Despite having to split into so many tables Carmines was wonderful==and as delicious as I remember. Thanks FromClaygary for putting that together. I enjoyed seeing everyone again and enjoyed meeting some for the first time.

And to Kandre... ha ha I got a hug from random cute guy...and he is cute. More later, once I'm home. Sae travels to all that are heading home.

ETA:

I slept with someone I just met last night. I'm such a ho. And she said I hogged the covers. The nerve. It was justclay12 and I was not going to let her go home on some random bus that was maybe coming some time that night. hee

Nice recap from mariedrummond at CV:

The Magic of Clay’s Last Bow as Sir Robin!

The house lights dimmed... a warning about cell phones was given (yeah, right!)... the trumpet player was ‘shot’ which elicited a somewhat nervous laugh from the audience. We all knew that this was going to be special... little did we know HOW special!

The Historian walked out on stage and the applause erupted... he let us ‘get it out of our systems’ for a bit (yeah, right!) and then motioned us to silence. The curtain was raised and David received enthusiastic applause to show him our appreciation. We heard the clip clop signifying the arrival of King Arthur who was showered in applause as well. We held our collective breath as we knew that Clay’s appearance in the tower was imminent... and then... there he was... The theatre exploded with our applause... we were allowed but a few seconds of it and the show went on. When Rick appeared, the same love shown David was bestowed upon him.

When Bradley declared that he is a man... we showed him our love... and when Merle emerged from the ‘lake’ she was greeted by our enthusiastic applause as well.

Then came the ‘introduction’ of the knights... when Sir Robin joined the line-up of knights... the applause simply would not die down... so he shrugged, walked back into the wings and reappeared a few seconds later, to our obvious delight... The Historian acknowledged that we were certainly all aware of Sir Robin’s prowess but felt he should deliver the line anyways... While all this was going on, poor Patsy could not contain his guffaws!!! When Clay hit the high note of the yodeling, Lancelot and Galahad left him hanging and did not pull him back which resulted in Clay holding that note for a good long time until he backed up of his own volition once he realized that they were not going to pull him back!

The KOTRT scene played out as usual with perhaps a more ‘enthusiastic’ female lusting after our Sir Robin!!!! The God scene was hilarious and even the King had to hold out for a few seconds before delivering his line about going to find the Grail. The French taunters were at their raunchiest and can hardly be described in full.... The attack on Sir Robin in the Run Away scene was multi-fronts.... but he managed to extricate himself and gave the now familiar ‘rude gesture’ back at them!!!

Intermission... and all the milling around... hugging.... finding long lost friends.... discussing how sad we were going to be... took up the entire allotted time.

ALOTBSOL was applauded with the first line sung... the tap dancing received our seal of approval displayed through applause and then... we heard the music of Brave Sir Robin behind the scene... and everyone’s heartbeat got a little quicker... Brave Sir Robin soiled his pants to perfection and bravely ran away to the sound of our cheering and applause. The Black Knight was duly defeated by the King and then our Brave Sir Robin reappeared being chased by the now familiar song which got somewhat modified to specify that Brave Sir Robin had dropped a deucer... we erupted in laughter!!!!

And then the magic of YWSOB happened... Clay was simply magnificent... Put new little twists and intonations here and there even then, his last show!!!!! After shushing us, he walked to the piano, gingerly sat down, making very sure that the lift of his tabard did not reveal anything of his backside... he waited for the unavoidable AWWWWWWWWWWWWWs, turned around and gave us a ‘Gotcha’ look... priceless!!!! When he finished his number, four or five brave souls in the audience stood up and within seconds, Clay had a full standing ovation that went on and on and on.... The King and Patsy both had these goofy grins on and looked on Clay with this almost paternal pride... Clay in the meantime was making coocoo gestures to show the King that we are crazy... Yes Clay, we ARE crazy... crazy about you!!!!

Then we heard Sir Lancelot say: “Come on Concord! I hear a lot of screaming out there!” I guess in the hope of finding that ‘cry of distress!!! When the LOTL came on stage for the Diva’s Lament... she was greeted by applause... she paused and before ‘encouraging’ the orchestra to strike her song... she thanked us!!!!

Prince Herbert was at his most defenceless tonight and the Guard was at his most clueless. Lancelot bravely defended poor Herbert from his father with gusto and the YMCA scene was applauded with delight from all of us.

I think that I’m All Alone allowed many of us to shed tears that had been withheld as best we could up to that point and King Arthur did do a very soulful rendition of it tonight.

During the Rabbit scene, the knight who loses his head to the rabid rabbit, fell dead on the floor, until to jump up and take a bow... priceless... Tim the Enchanter could not go on for quite a while... When one of the knight came to pull away the ‘body’, he approached it gingerly as if he feared it would jump up again and maybe was not ‘quite dead yet’.

The peasant was adorable and jumped in surprise when Clay turned towards her while singing as the song gets unexpectedly ‘rather loud’! She waved to her friends from the stage which was really cute.

During the wedding scene, Herbert’s rendition of Find Your Male was sung in the sweetest voice I have ever heard from him.... and then Sir Robin ‘bolted out of the chapel doors’ and the applause raised the roof of the Shubert.

By the time final curtain call started, the entire audience was standing, so the girls from the ensemble came out on stage to find us on our feet, letting them know that they too have been embraced by Clay’s fans... When the guys came out, a few of them had surprised looks on their faces but they hammed it up and soaked it up... Every character cast member received proof of our appreciation for an outstanding run on Broadway... When the LOTL came out, she took her bow and motioned us: “Just a minute!” and... then Clay appeared without his wig... No longer Brave Sir Robin, but our dear Clay... as much as the Shubert may have erupted before... now we simply blew the roof off!!!! Clay ever gracious... refused to let us go on and started the ALOTBSOL... At the end, he reached into the orchestra pit and shook the conductor’s hand – he is one class act!!!!

In Shubert Alley, we all congregated to await our last goodbye from Clay... By then, I personally had doubts that he would come out on the roof seeing as I knew very well that said roof must be somewhere on off the island of Manhattan by now... but he did come out on the roof... he waved to us... blew us kisses... saluted us... and in a flash... he was gone!

Rest well Clay, know that you are loved and enjoy your down time with your family and friends... When you decide to take us along on the next leg of your journey... we will be right here waiting!

Part1~~ Dear FCA:

Bravo Clay!

Thank you Couch Tomato and Claylove.

To everyone of you in FCA---

I so enjoyed meeting so many of my friends here yesterday, and I look

forward to meeting many more of you whenever Clay tours-- and he will.

Thanks so much for adding to my fun day Sunday the 4th celebrating Clay

the Star-- He is so the star. I just saw a brief mention of his last Spam day

flash on WABC local NYC News here at noon..

And to all my frinds on the board here who were NOT in NYC,

I thought of you several times and sent you several mental snapshots

during several my favorite Clay scenes.. did any of you receive any

Clay flashes? I bet you did. heh. :ninja:

NOT a RECAP Jan4th, 2009 [this part can travel if anyone wants to add to recaps]

I am terrible at recaps, and I only saw Spam one other time in Oct when he signed my playbill at the SD, but let me just summarize a general impression I had watching Jan4th Clay all day, both on stage and off:

Clay was a complete professional throughout he day. I watched him through good bonaculars and whenever he was on stage, he remained in character throughout the play proper. {Well, maybe some would say he stepped out a bit when he refused to flip his tail at the piano and smirked over his shoulder--but I took this as a broader "Clay-on-Stage" tour move all the concert fans would recognize}

He had fun, but was not going to try to steal the spotlight. He let his Spam friends and his long-term fans show him all the LOVE, and he did it with complete grace. Im sure he shed a few tears at some point, but he was all professional grace on stage.

Only When he did his final-final bow and came out without his wig as "Clay Aiken" did you see his heart: he was thrilled with it all and very appreciative. On the roof, Clay acknowledged the fans briefly but with a real honest smile and wave. He was brief but genuine Clay it seemed, and he was happy. Thats all that really matters. He felt the love, and gave the fans a short but deep glimpse into his happiness. Im so good with that, I cannot tell you.

On Sunday the 4th, I was so proud of Clays happiness doin' whetever he

wants to do, and doing it so well--and with such class while he's at it

too :bravo: His Broadway success is well-deserved and his talent recognion a

long long time coming. May it continue forever.

But -- in my opinion only, I hope Clay now goes into deep, super-secret cover mode

and does what he wants to do with all of his family and music planning and no one finds

any pictures posted by anyone other than Clay himself. No digging!!{tmCHA}

I am seriously not telling anyone else here or anywhere, how to feel or speak, and I would honestly probably look, but its just that IMO Clay deserves some well-earned privacy and I hope he succeeds. The media and fans should respect Clay and allow him to interact with his entire family the way he wants to: in private.

I enjoy these happy pictures of Reed in public supporting Clay and

cheering him alonside Clay's family. That so sweet.

Reed seems like a great person who happens to be a model or dancer.

Reed is cute, but to me, Reed is the lucky one to have such a hot and deep

singer-actor-human boyfriend like Clay. If he is the ONE Clay wants forever-great, Im happy.

But if Clays is just not past "boyfriend", or not "boyfriend" at all-its not anyone's business but theirs--the public needs to back away altogether now from Clay/Reed/Jaymes/Parker/Aiken family and let Clay make his own personal choices with them alone and without thousands of people peering into his bedroom window--again and still. Its cute now, but could easily become obsessive, and I want talent interest in Clay not tabloid interest alone.

My message to Clay: Thanks for Broadway, you were great! Rest up, and

have some family fun. If RCA says it has to be covers before you are

free of them, bring on JBT2/ATDW/OMWH! Lets have some more fun on tour

with actual costumes sets and anything you want to sing, old or new.

Just plan it while you are home, and hopefully in your own house-studio...and

Clay, Bring It Back! Soon.

Timetraveler I am so with you on this.

But -- in my opinion only, I hope Clay now goes into deep, super-secret cover mode

and does what he wants to do with all of his family and music planning and no one finds

He absolutely deserves privacy in his private life as all of us do. His performing and public life is another thing. I am looking forward to what is next in his career.

Thanks for all the recaps . Glad you all had a great time. Was there anyone unhappy? If not that would be a first. :hahaha:

Hi all,

Having major computer issues at home; clicked on a sendspace last night and got a major virus (shhhh...don't tell the family it was from downloading Clay stuff...I am pleading innocent as to how the virus got there!, LOL!)

Anyway, can't get any programs to run and when they do; they only run for a short while and then the computer freezes up and shutsdown. Haven't been able to run any of my virus/spyware programs because I can't get the process to complete before the computer shuts down. Going to try safe mode tonight and see what happens. Won't even let me do system restore.

I am frustrated but the computer has other issues and we were probably going to have to replace it eventually.

So, I will only be here when I am at work...assuming I can sneak on when the boss isn't looking!

21 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Timetraveler I am so with you on this.

He absolutely deserves privacy in his private life as all of us do. His performing and public life is another thing. I am looking forward to what is next in his career.

Thanks for all the recaps . Glad you all had a great time. Was there anyone unhappy? If not that would be a first. :hahaha:

I thought you guys were going to say something else

I do agree about the privacy but I think that of all celebrities really. There are some who want their personal life out there and there are others who really just want to act/sing for their job and have their private lives private. Some seem to manage it better than others.

My niece & nephew love Adam Sandler & his movies. I can't tell you anything personal about him.

I don't really care who Clay dates and really there has to be someone(s) before Reed because Clay is 30. Kinda silly to think he hasn't had a relationship before that. so I kind of don't get all the fuss. That said

happy for him and will wish him the best with his personal life too.

However I am interested in his career and honestly hate when he takes long breaks/vacations.

I'd say there is a world of difference (and therefore, a fuss) about any relationship Clay has now, opposed to any he had prior to coming out. The man is free, perhaps for the first time in his life, to be who he is without limitations. So yeah, I certainly understand the fuss over the possibility of Reed. We only know what Clay has dealt with on a public basis for the last five years - and I'd wager it's only the tip of the 'real' iceberg of craziness and hate that he's been subjected to. I've wished for him to have someone to love and cherish and desire him for a long, long time now. I don't care who it is - and I don't even need to know who it is. I just want him to keep looking as happy and healthy as he has these last few months.

I'm just gonna keep on repeating Jaymes' mantra until we know what's next, career wise. The best is yet to come!

Meanwhile, there'll be BAF stuff, and I'm sure he said UNICEF stuff (or maybe I imagined that part). I am psyched for 2009, and you know, the man has never disappointed me yet!

I just want Clay to stay happy.

I'm thrilled he did Spamalot--God, it's been so much fun to get the daily reports and SD pics! We're so spoiled.

maybe I just don't get the fuss because it doesn't interest me that much and I don't think it is really as open as people say it is.

I don't belong to the OFC but have heard that quote quite a bit

the best is yet to come

what was she referring to?

Was actually able to get here from home...not sure how long I will last...may go "poof" any minute...so hi to all and hugs to those who need them and :yahoo: for the Spam numbers.

Kim

what was she referring to?

Clay's career, I believe.

Thanks to all for the recaps - what a pleasure to read them!

Spam went out with a bang this week $1, 068,658 (101.3% attendance)!

Spam has another week or two left to go - Martin Moran is going to reprise the Sir Robin role.

I think he took over from Clay last spring, too.

Hope they keep up the attendance!

Spam went out with a bang this week $1, 068,658 (101.3% attendance)!

I'm proud!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

that is awesome.

the best is yet come tells me nothing really. But I hope she is right. I kind of like clues or to know something. I take what I can get.