#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

OK now that Spam is over I can be truthful........I thought Juniors was over rated! There I said it!

I only ate food there once..and it was nothing special and I had to work too hard to fix it... but I did have the cheesecake and it was fantabulous!!

Well if you were groped unwantingly then it WAS disrespectful to you Tribeca. Every situation is different though.

I loved seeing all the pictures, including the groping one. I think a lot of it has to do with the person's intent and some guys are jerks and it would be demeaning then, but Clay's not one of them. He's not going to do something like this on national television to a woman he only vaguely knows. He was among friends who were having fun. I love the fact that Chris Seiber turned up again for his closing, which shows to me how close they had become. Love that Clay has so many people who care about him.

I actually feel pretty positive even though Clay is done with Spamalot and its closing. I'm feeling very hopeful about Clay's future. It helps that the withdrawals haven't set in yet though.

And I especially wanted to thank everyone who I met and spent time with Sunday, especially Couchie who was like a mother hen to me worrying about me driving home safely. Thank you so much for offering to share your bed with me and for giving me a chance to meet PermaSwooned who was also great. This was the first time I actually felt like I was a part of a group and accepted, which was a big deal for me. It's been a long process for me to get to this point and I am so glad it was with you guys. I love you guys and hope we'll get to spend lots more time together.

090104_party1.jpg

He looks like such a girl in this picture!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Not to be a party pooper or anything, BUT isn't it possible that perhaps some are reading a wee bit too much into Reed changing the song on his MySpace?? I mean, it could just be he likes the song! Do most people have hidden meaning or cryptic messages behind their MySpace song choices?

And doesn't it creep anyone out how people are stalking his MySpace?

But then again, if people feel perfectly justified in going up to this poor guy and bugging him at Spamalot, then I guess nothing is too creepy.

I wish people would just leave the guy alone. If I were him, I would be running for the hills!

I am not sure who you are referring to as "some" but I just think it's a cool song. Never been to Reed's myspace, and never will, but since the lyrics were posted on CV and CH I didn't see a problem bringing them over here. I'm not taking anything seriously, but I love the thought that maybe, just maybe, Clay has found his true love. Of course, maybe it's nothing of the sort, and they are just good friends. Whatever, there is nothing wrong with a little light hearted shipping. Just like I went along with the light hearted Claymes shipping prior to Parker's arrival. I just want Clay to be happy, and I'm well aware it's really none of my business who he is happy with.

Well like I was telling someone else about something tangently related..why should Reed be any different from the rest of Clay's assosciates. :cryingwlaughter: Are they left alone at concerts? I don't particularly get the appeal of MySpace but it's a public thing. I think it could be private if one wanted it private. I don't consider it stalking and the info there really doesn't get to any nitty gritty of that relationship. It's just some minor stuff to have fun with.

From what I've read, only one person actually went up to Reed so most fans were pretty respectful. Although I'm sure he got his share of stares and glances, some of them from me, but I don't think that's unusual since we also will do that for anyone attached to Clay.

And although myspace isn't my thing, I have checked out his myspace and don't see a problem with others who have done the same. It's no different to me than bringing over pictures or info. If people aren't interested in looking at them or reading them, that's fine, just scroll past it. However, I do appreciate those who bring the stuff over. And I enjoy speculating about the song on Reed's myspace because I don't see any of us here getting to attached to any one particular meaning. It's just fun and it like luckiest said, it makes me happy thinking Clay may have someone special to him that might have a schmoopy song for them. If it's not true, I won't go into mourning, but if it is, it makes me schmoopy too.

edited to add, yeah, what couchie just said.

I loved seeing all the pictures, including the groping one. I think a lot of it has to do with the person's intent and some guys are jerks and it would be demeaning then, but Clay's not one of them. He's not going to do something like this on national television to a woman he only vaguely knows. He was among friends who were having fun. I love the fact that Chris Seiber turned up again for his closing, which shows to me how close they had become. Love that Clay has so many people who care about him.

I actually feel pretty positive even though Clay is done with Spamalot and its closing. I'm feeling very hopeful about Clay's future. It helps that the withdrawals haven't set in yet though.

yeah I knew I was in the minority and I am okay with that. that picture is now posted on a certain blogger site which I guessed it would be. but in honestly it was hard to explain to a 12 year old girl.

I was very positive about Clay's career and all

now I am feeling completely negative and have just heard from another friend who is leaving the fandom but says she will still keep in touch

Although I'm sure he got his share of stares and glances, some of them from me

LOL - from me, too. I was inches from him twice and exchanged looks once, but didn't say anything, just gave the most innocuous smile, as you might with any stranger. It surely didn't feel as casual as I tried to appear, though. I think the speculation is fun, as long as it is understood as that. I'm tickled to think of the possibility of a relationship between them. What is it? Who knows? It's just speculation. And a little hope. That won't go up in smoke. OK, so I do have a sentimental gene somewhere.

yeah I knew I was in the minority and I am okay with that. that picture is now posted on a certain blogger site which I guessed it would be. but in honestly it was hard to explain to a 12 year old girl.

I was very positive about Clay's career and all now I am feeling completely negative and have just heard from another friend who is leaving the fandom but says she will still keep in touch

I guess I am confused. Are you saying that the one picture is the cause of your negative feelings?

What you tell the 12 year old is that she should never forget that cameras are everywhere and if she does not want such pictures taken of her to behave accordingly. Then you tell her that boys are gross and they all have cooties to which she has no immunity until she is 21 years old.

I don't think Reed would be approving requests from Clay Fans to join his friends list if it bothered him all that much.

As far as staring at Reed it was a little hard for me not to! He was walking the opposite direction of me up the aisle as I was walking down. I wasn't paying any attention until he was like inches from my face! I was looking down and then looked up and SMACK Reed Kelly was right there in front of me! LMAO! I tried to be cool, smiled and just kept walking. But damn his eyes are seriously intense and the whole thing kinda threw me off for a few seconds. LOL

I don't care if he and Clay are a couple or just friends. Its just so great to see Clay happy and surrounded by people who care about him, no matter what the specifics of the relationship are.

I was very positive about Clay's career and all now I am feeling completely negative and have just heard from another friend who is leaving the fandom but says she will still keep in touch

I guess I am confused. Are you saying that the one picture is the cause of your negative feelings?

What you tell the 12 year old is that she should never forget that cameras are everywhere and if she does not want such pictures taken of her to behave accordingly. Then you tell her that boys are gross and they all have cooties to which she has no immunity until she is 21 years old.

that picture was very negative for me for reasons I already explained. My niece was upset about it then read everyone laughing about it. I told her to have respect for her body and all that. She was more upset to see Clay doing that then anything else.

Also I have already lost many friends through this past year (Clayfans) and now I received an e-mail from a friend who said after she saw that picture that is it she is done. It made me very sad. Sorry it did.

ETA

my friend is very nice person please don't make fun of her because she has had a difficult time with eveything this past year

OK now that Spam is over I can be truthful........I thought Juniors was over rated! There I said it!

I must confess--I too thought it was a bit over-rated, BUT it was close and a good place to wait and not too expensive.

BWAH..I'm writing that one down for my neice cuz she's gonna be TROUBLE for her mom.

here's both my cutie pies

post-3-1231274109_thumb.jpg

Honestly who cares that the picture is posted on a blogger site. Now that's a stalker and he'll always be out there. Doesn't mean we need to follow him at all. I've made a lot of friends in this fandom and whether they stay his fan or not has no impact on me whatsoever. Hope you feel better though.

I don't see anyone making fun of your friend but honestly I'm done walking on eggshells about people who have issues with Clay. IMO it's THEIR issues.

Sorry, I've edited my post above, I didn't intend it to make fun of anyone. But honestly, pictures like that are commonplace amongst social networking sites for young people - I've seen literally dozens of versions of pictures similar to that on my kids & their friends' facebooks (they are twenty-somethings). Gay & straight, male or female, doesn't matter, they're just having fun.

I think that people who want to leave the fandom because Clay touches a woman's boobs (when she clearly is laughing and doesn't appear to mind) should feel free to leave. (Aside from the fact that these were probably intended as private pictures!!) Why stay and be upset? No point in raining on other's parade.

There are lots of other singers out there. Leaving is not a moral issue--just a preference.

So if your 12-year old niece is online with you here at FCA, tribeca, does that mean I shouldn't post any of my lovely photobucket pics? You know, like these? :sleezy:

hanna-grabs-clay.gif (Hmmm....looks like Hannah is a fan of 'groping, too! ;))

adjustment.jpg (Dang! Clay's even groping himself!)

album_pic.jpg (Ah, Clay REALLY likes this song evidently :tasty: )

dcwaldo.jpg (And the pic that started it all....)

OMG, guys, you're not going to believe this! I'm in Providence, RI, now on business and today I was squired around by the convention and services guy. I swear, I did a double take when I first saw him in the lobby this morning...and I've been trying not to stare at him all day. He's like a 'little' Reed! Holy crap! Same type hair, his eyes are not as huge as Reed's and they're brown but they're liquid and similar to Reed's in their 'look'. And he's thin and in shape and has huge hands and feet! :naughtywag: And his lips/mouth are shaped like Reed's (from his pictures at least)---you know, how the jaw is forward?

It mesmerized me as we were talking...He's about 5'9", which is why I call him "Little" Reed, but the resemblance is remarkable. CMSU! :cryingwlaughter:

I am sorry the picture affected you negatively - it looks like both parties are laughing, though, it doesn't seem like the same sort of situation.

Anyway, perhaps you can turn off the display function when you read this (or any) board with pictures, or else supervise what your niece reads. 12 is a bit young for unrestricted reading, I try and keep an eye on what my 13 YO grandson reads.

Some of the pictures here squick me out - the Reed rooftop pic looks bizarre to me! - but I just don't dwell on them, is all. I don't think there is a minority or majority feeling here, just differing opinions. Thought Police conspiracies are entirely self-inflicted and imaginary - but everyone has a right to an opinion, just as everyone has a right to an opposing opinion. It seems the unhappy people are the ones who need to be agreed with.

People leave this and any other fandom for many reasons - looks like your friend was more a fan of how she thinks Clay should behave in his private life than of his voice.

I know this is totally useless information, but today I was thinking its cool that Clay and Reed both have four letters in their first name and five letters in their last name.

CLAY AIKEN

REED KELLY

Obviously I think too much. LOL

Coming out of lurkdom to say its called Spamalot Withdrawl Syndrome. LOL!

Also, came over to find the pictures a friend pm'd me about on CB. I thought I may find them here so thank you for the posts of those.

ETA - I did not care for Juniors all that much either except for the fun of seeing other fans there and I liked Sardis' cheesecake much better - it was smoother.

Personally I've had it up to here (picture me waving my hand above my head) with people 'leaving', and worse, feeling the need to announce their decision to the world at large (or through friends on message boards) because Clay is *gasp* a human being. A fun-loving, sometimes irreverant, totally intriguing human being. Especially people who wax poetic about all he's 'done' for them, and then they fuck off because of a photo? or because he doesn't love who they think he should love? Please. Do you know how pathetic and needy that sounds? Sorry - but I have less than zero sympathy for them, and even less tolerance for them. Don't let the door hit ya.

ETA: And the fact that we as a fandom have any clue what is posted on 'a certain blogger's site' is the saddest part of all. Those who continue to give this pondscum attention deserve every bit of angst that it causes them. It doesn't have to enter your atmosphere unless you let it.