#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

:praying:

Send white light my way, folks! I'm getting ready to embark on an 8 and a half hour drive with my 17-year-old daughter! :huh: Going to a campus for a day-long meeting/workshop tomorrow about possible scholarships, honors programs, etc., were she to choose this college. (She's already been admitted.) Then we just turn around on Saturday and do the drive again to get home.

:blink:

The rule of the road will be: Whoever is driving can connect her iPod to the car speakers for musical enjoyment. :sleezy: I imagine Alex will be volunteering to drive quite a lot! :cryingwlaughter:

Tour? Clay?

I'll be there whenever he decides to do me one. :sleezy:

Good luck, Muski! :friends:

Heh, my daughter is 16 y.o., and as you know, we are doing the same thing - driving together, and figuring out college options for next year. What kind of music does your 17 y.o. like? Anything you can tolerate? Fortunately my 16 y.o. has pretty good taste in music, so it's fun to drive with her. Although she sometimes argues with me when I make suggestions about her driving! After all, she knows so much more about everything than me . . . :rolleyes:

We went to a presentation about financial aid for college last night at my dtr's high school. We'll see what kind if scholarships/grants/workstudy etc. my daughter gets - hopefully enough that we won't be going into debt forever! I hope that you and your dtr. find a lot of help with this at the presentation you're going to!

Think of it this way, muski, your daughter is about to embark on an 8 1/2 hour drive and then back again Saturday with her mother! ACK! (If I were with a 17 year old, I wouldn't let her drive for 2 minutes. LOL.)

Hee, all this talk of kids & driving.....my 21 yo got his "G" licence yesterday....we have a graduated licensing system here. G1 is a learners permit (must have a licenced driver in the car with you), G2 you can drive alone but with restrictions, and then G is a regular licence. My 17 yo got an I.O.U. from his grandma for Christmas, promising to pay for all expenses related to buying the drivers handbook, getting the learners permit, taking drivers ed, and finally getting his G2. Eeep, my knuckles are white just thinking about him behind the wheel!

I love how confident "we" are about a tour. But I know I'm not the only one who heard him say at the Gala in October that they are working on a tour. I guess I'd better start saving some money.

I know a lot of people want him touring with his own band but I thought they did amazingly well with local symphonies during th SRHP summer tour. What do you think about a band? They only had three musicians at the Gala and that worked pretty well too. What would be more cost efficient? I assumed the symphonies were paid by the venue as a house "band".

I believe I heard them say that the band is more expensive. I would love to have Clay tour with a band. Only seen videos. Seems there is so much more you can do musically with a band than an orchestra. The audience seems more lively too (with the band).

Scarlett said:

Start date for the next tour/live show

April 18, 2009 - ldyjocelyn

April 27, 2009 - luckiest1

May 7, 2009 - ncgurrl

May 11, 2009 - jmh123

May 15, 2009 - shamrock

May 22, 2009 - Claymatron

May 27, 2009 - clayzycoffin

June 12, 2009 - justclay12

June 17, 2009 - tribeca

June 19, 2009 - wandacleo

June 22, 2009 - lilyshine

June 28, 2009 - spikesmom

June 20, 2009 - Bella19

June 30, 2009 - keldanker

July 4, 2009 - Scarlett

July 9, 2009 - claylove

July 10, 2009 - gbmifan

July 11, 2009 - duckyvee

July 11, 2009 - FromClaygary

July 15, 2009 - aikim

July 16, 2009 - Thankful4Clay

July 17, 2009 - cha cha trusty

July 20, 2009 - smittenwithclay

July 25, 2009 - FearofH20

Aug 1, 2009 - annabear

Sept 4, 2009 - merrieeee

Sept 15, 2009 - Gibby

Nov 28, 2009 - Couch Tomato

Dec 5, 2009 - jamar1700

Hey, check and see if I got it right so far.

Please anyone jump in and update the list whenever you feel like, OK?

Lucky, I wish you the best of luck! Heh - do you really need it, with your screenname being luckiest1? :cryingwlaughter:

I've been driving with a 16 y.o. She's had her permit for over a year, and can get her driver's license soon, but doesn't have quite enough driving hours yet. Plus, I don't think she's confident enough to handle some driving situations. And, I fell really skeered at the thought of her driving without hubby or I!

I personally think a three-person band is too small, being a band member myself. I think you need bass, electric/acoustic guitar, drums, keyboards, and a couple of backup singers for good sound for a full tour. The three person band was good for the gala, but Clay will need more for a full tour, unless he goes the symphony route.

:09:

ETA: I hope my posts are making sense today - I've got a killer headache . . .

My first preference would be a band because someone said he couldn't do songs like LNM and BW with the orchestra and I'd really like to hear him sing them live. With that being said, if Clay can only tour using orchestras because of the economy, then I'll take the orchestras. Of course, he could sing to a recording or to Quiana and Angela humming in the background for all I care. I just want to hear him sing.

Of course I will be happy with whatever Clay decides to do! But if given a choice I would prefer a band. I am thinking a fun tour with lots of energy like the JBT was and I don't feel that as much with an orchestra. I know the classics and TV medley were like that, but overall I think a band would be better for songs like Ashes, EIDN and Falling. And I would love some smart ass Clay banter!!! Hoping for something that is pure fun where you can laugh and dance and act like a fool if you want to! hee

Oh, and for some reason I'd love to hear Invisible again!

My first preference would be a band because someone said he couldn't do songs like LNM and BW with the orchestra and I'd really like to hear him sing them live. With that being said, if Clay can only tour using orchestras because of the economy, then I'll take the orchestras. Of course, he could sing to a recording or to Quiana and Angela humming in the background for all I care. I just want to hear him sing.

I am wracking my brain to figure out what song LNM is!!!

I'm with couchie - anywhere, anyhow, anytime!!! I'll be there!

Kim - regarding your/our computer virus problems.... how did you get them sorted out?

One thing that got messed up on mine was the TCP/IP got uninstalled.

My guru couldn't make it over yesterday, and is coming tomorrow instead, and I know he'll fix it. I'm just curious how much damage was done to your computer. :)

Clay could sing sitting on a stool with and a band of kazoos for a week in bumfreak USA and I'd be there. I just really miss live Clay. Lots.

hehe ditto

it was amazing though, what the orchestra could do to some of those upbeat songs he sang..who knew that they could do sexy back and The way You Make Me Feel...I think they could do the songs on OMWH, but Id take him with a band too..

"I dont care how you get here(or who you sing with)

just get here"

:)

Oh, and for some reason I'd love to hear Invisible again!

would LOVE it! I think it would be fun to hear it again :)

The CH IT thread has a good discussion of some of the current virus problems. I tried Malware on my computer last night after Corabeth and Kimye suggested it. It worked like a charm (knock on wood). I was hit by the latest version of the Vundovirus. It repopulates on boot up so everytime I cleaned things up it was still hiding out and hitting me again. So far with Malware it looks ok.

ETA: Oh never mind...was asking about viruses... I'll check out the thread for answers.

So I just donated $5 to the inauguration...I'll go pack now as I'm sure I'll be one of the ten selected to go attend the festivities (/delusional)

ETA: I already am. I never got tired of hearing Invisible. I loved how he sang it during JBT.

I downloaded that Malware software after reading about it from someone here, at least I think it was here. It worked really great and got rid of a lot of stuff the first time I ran it. I've run it since and thankfully, it hasn't found anything.

Good luck with that inauguration bid Couchie. I'm planning on being nice and warm here at home watching it on my tv. Only for Clay would I want to be in a crowd that large.

ETA: Oh never mind...was asking about viruses... I'll check out the thread for answers.

So I just donated $5 to the inauguration...I'll go pack now as I'm sure I'll be one of the ten selected to go attend the festivities (/delusional)

ETA: I already am. I never got tired of hearing Invisible. I loved how he sang it during JBT.

Then we'll be TWO of the ten. Maybe we can room together!! LOL.

It's POSSIBLE to get tired of hearing Clay sing Invisible????

I knew what LNM was but not BM

Really I can only probably afford to go to one concert & that is only if it is close to me. So if Clay does a summer tour & a Christmas tour both with an orchestra I guess I would choose the Christmas one.

My niece & nephew official lost their April vacation this week. Too many snow days :( so they won't be able to come to visit that week like we planned.

I never ever get tired of hearing Invisible. That's my niece's all time favorite Clay song. Mine is I survived You.