#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Clay_as_sir_robin1_011608.jpg

Clay_as_sir_robin2_011608.jpg

Did anyone happen to save the hi-res Spam pics from Clay Aiken Pix before they shut down? I thought I had, but I can't find them....

Thank you, that is a good start. Just what I needed. When I got my new 'puter I put everything on an external drive but I don't want to hook it up because I had major problems with my old machine and I think it was something there.

gosh I cant look at him and not smile :)

I got the bart schedule from Daly city to San Francisco, one of these days when I dont feel completely out of place Im going to see if I can actually figure out how to get somewhere lol Ive driven everywhere in Oregon, so ive never had to rely on public transportation..

What great photos!

I really miss concert Clay, so I am good for anything...TV theme songs, the phone book; commercial jingles...it is all good!
Yep. If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!

Another thread title nomination:

If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where

It reminds me of the song "Get There" which Clay sang at the last GFI:

You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by trailway

You can reach me on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind

You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man

I don't care how you get here, just get here if you can

You can windsurf into my life, take me up on a carpet ride

You can make it in a big balloon, but you better make it soon

You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man

I don't care how you get here, just- get here if you can

Yay for interviews, couchie, and aikim, glad you got your computer running again!

I'll take September 9th for a concert start date (have to allow time for the first birthday festivities!)

Good to see you here, jazzgirl!

Thanks, ldyj - I should have been more specific! The pics from the Spam 3rd anniversary, I think, are what I'm looking for. I remember being able to get some great details for Sir Robin (don't wanna run into any licensing issues...) Aiken Bear's outfit, but now can't find the pics. :huh:

Since I start back to classes on Monday, I'm going to work on Sir Robin Aiken Bear II this weekend with the last *sob* of my free time. I've got the tux/tails pattern already designed from a groom bear I made several years ago. Will have to go shopping for sequins, though! :lol:

merrieeee, I have some curtain calls I'm partial to ... The getty one is a big favorite. Would anyone happen to have a clean copy of that one? Please, please.

tn-500_29.jpg

tn-500_33.jpg

aiken-as-robin.jpg

82922946.jpg

clay-curtain-call.jpg

clay-homecoming.jpg

Going through the photobucket, I got hung up on this Spamalot stagedoor close up .... for a very extended period of time. Like, still.

scrpkym255819921_MPFJu-L-1.jpg

O.M.G... I FINALLY got caught up! Work and RL have been kicking my butt.

KAndre... BWAH!!! Keep 'em coming!

Aikim... congrats on getting your computer up and running!

Those feeling ignored... I love you! As you can tell since it took me so long to catch up, I read every word!

Can I pick June 1 for the summer tour, which is Memorial Day this year and which I find totally weird!

Bottle... I love your tongue pics.

Keeping... thanks for the Spamalot pics and the gorgeous SD pics! YUM!!! times 3759. :cryingwlaughter:

muski... you are a brave woman! I salute you! And, good luck!

Here's hoping things calm down enough to let me participate on this board, instead of catching up 13 pages in one night! Geesh!

O.M.G... I FINALLY got caught up! Work and RL have been kicking my butt.

KAndre... BWAH!!! Keep 'em coming!

Aikim... congrats on getting your computer up and running!

Those feeling ignored... I love you! As you can tell since it took me so long to catch up, I read every word!

Can I pick June 1 for the summer tour, which is Memorial Day this year and which I find totally weird!

Bottle... I love your tongue pics.

Keeping... thanks for the Spamalot pics and the gorgeous SD pics! YUM!!! times 3759. :cryingwlaughter:

muski... you are a brave woman! I salute you! And, good luck!

Here's hoping things calm down enough to let me participate on this board, instead of catching up 13 pages in one night! Geesh!

See? liney's got her finger on the pulse of this board and all it took was a few hours and 13 pages of reading!!!

Thanks liney!! Those are all the things I wanted to say but got too bogged down with other things and didn't get around to it! (and I really do have a round tuit around here somewhere. It's made of cats pewter...)

I spent the evening with chachadotters 3&4 and respective SIL's, which is about an hour away. So I decided to change it up and play ATDW for the drive. I cranked it up and sang along with every song. Surprising myself that I knew most of the words!!

I LOVE THAT ALBUM!!!

I would love for Clay to be working on another album - I love his particular IDIOM... I especially love Broken Wings and would LOVE to see that performed live... or on any show on TV, I'm not picky! Wouldn't it be great if he'd do a video of that song? That song just BEGS to have a video done of it, doesn't it???

--

OK - I thought it might be a good idea to make a list of possible things Clay could be working on for his next "gift to the public," so to speak.

1. Tour

Album

Talk Show

Movie

--Spamalot movie

Video

DVD

Broadway

Gala

Guest Appearance

--maybe Kimmel for Valentine's?

Another book

OK, your turn! What else could he be working on???? :D

--

PS - merrieeee - I have lots of photos on my other computer. If you still need some tomorrow after it's back to normal, let me know!

maybe he is practing his golfing?

diapering

it would be real cool if he wrote another book about growing up gay in a religion & conversative state that didn't (doesn't?) accept it. There is a lot to tell there.

Tour

his guest appearance on AI since they are bringing back the wild card in season 8 (Clay & Jen Hudson are the most famous wild cards & Kim C. may make an appearance since she is on Idol Chat thingy).

Are the Climmel still together? If not who gets the horse?

Broadway in a singing role

a guest spot on a prime time show

a guest spot on Sesame Street

Start date for the next tour/live show

April 18, 2009 - ldyjocelyn

April 27, 2009 - luckiest1

May 7, 2009 - ncgurrl

May 11, 2009 - jmh123

May 15, 2009 - shamrock

May 21, 2009 - cindilu2

May 22, 2009 - Claymatron

May 27, 2009 - clayzycoffin

June 12, 2009 - justclay12

June 17, 2009 - tribeca

June 19, 2009 - wandacleo

June 22, 2009 - lilyshine

June 28, 2009 - spikesmom

June 20, 2009 - Bella19

June 25, 2009 - keepingfaith

June 30, 2009 - keldanker

July 4, 2009 - Scarlett

July 9, 2009 - claylove

July 10, 2009 - gbmifan

July 10, 2009 - georgiesmybaby

July 11, 2009 - duckyvee

July 11, 2009 - FromClaygary

July 15, 2009 - aikim

July 16, 2009 - Thankful4Clay

July 17, 2009 - cha cha trusty

July 20, 2009 - smittenwithclay

July 25, 2009 - FearofH20

Aug 1, 2009 - annabear

Sept 4, 2009 - merrieeee

Sept 9, 2009 - jazzgirl

Sept 15, 2009 - Gibby

Nov 28, 2009 - Couch Tomato

Dec 5, 2009 - jamar1700

Hey, check and see if I got it right so far.

Please anyone jump in and update the list whenever you feel like, OK?

We've got some duplicate dates, if anyone cares and wants to change theirs. Either to add another duplicate, or eliminate one. I don't care; I'm not making the rules here, just keeping the list. Duckyvee was first by six minutes, and gbmifan was first also. I'll let someone else decide. Interesting that they are all so close to each other though.

Logging the latest update - jmh did all the hard work, y'all!!! :clap:

Thanks for the pretty Spam pictures, annabear, bottle, ldj, kf!

KAndre -- eagerly awaiting the next segment!!!

jazzgirl -- glad to see your post!!!

annabear - I hope you find the 3rd anniversary pictures. Sorry about the clip -- I will try again tonight though with more "tools"!

merrieeee - Muah, just muah!!! :BlowKiss:

Speculation? I hope he's travelling for Unicef, someplace warm and where there isn't a war going on this time!

FromClaygary, I'm willing to share July 11 if you are. It's a day full of good fortune, room enough for everyone.

I'll pitch in and play the triangle in Clay's band for the tour. It will be needed to announce the glory notes.

KF, that profile picture.... oh, my!

Tribeca, although NC is conservative in voting, I haven't found anymore anti-gay or racist people here than I did when living in NJ. Many of my friends are very religious but accept the gay members of their families and/or co-workers as equals. So I'm not sure that Clay saw things any differently than if he had lived in NY. I have lived in NC since before Clay was born and in a smaller town. Being a liberal was probably the worst thing I could have been and was.

When I worked in NYC, in a large CPA firm, I witnessed the ignoring and laughing behind his back of a young gay male co-worker. We shared a love of opera and since I was the only female on the staff I knew what it was like to be left out of a lot of things. When we got our first black staff member, he and I were assigned to the same jobs since we were both different and they didn't want to lose any clients. There are a lot of different prejudices and the one that directly affected me was that women were not equal to men.

Just ignore my reminiscing, I'm getting older. :BlowKiss:

Good Morning Everyone,

Gearing up for a major snowstorm here in the Midwest; supposed to snow today into tomorrow, ugh! I am so ready for winter to be over.

17 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Tribeca, although NC is conservative in voting, I haven't found anymore anti-gay or racist people here than I did when living in NJ. Many of my friends are very religious but accept the gay members of their families and/or co-workers as equals. So I'm not sure that Clay saw things any differently than if he had lived in NY. I have lived in NC since before Clay was born and in a smaller town. Being a liberal was probably the worst thing I could have been and was. :BlowKiss:

I think that ignorance and bigotry are, at their core, issues of family upbringing, education and religion -- and I have a feeling that Clay was a victim of anti-gay bigotry from his father -- just my sense of it.

Regarding the word "liberal" -- it was re-branded as a negative term by its opposition, and makes no sense because our Founding Fathers were extreme liberals, and were opposed by converservatives / Tories / Loyalists / monarchists. What's more liberal than a revolution and a declaration of the rights of man! Liberal was redefined by a group led by William F. Buckley in the 1950's to mean anything the conservatives deem "anti-American" or "anti-God." It was a ploy and sadly was believed by people who really don't know America's history as a progressive people. So sad, and through the looking glass! It was a bad joke that liberals laughed at, and shouldn't have. The root word is Liberty. Okay, I'm done. Wait a minute, one more thing .... Jesus was a liberal and the Pharisees and Sadducees were conservative. Okay, now I am done.