#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Likewise...not musical. I will volunteer to be his dresser and I'm sure I could learn over the course of the tour to dress him quickly.

Dress?????....Party pooper.

Congrats Annabear!

Picture this..........Clay on stage, looking all cute, well dressed (about fifteen times), singing up a storm, ...and then the thundering of cowbells and triangles and melodious paper & comb. Then from stage left, out glides the Aikenators! (segClays?) the crowd goes crazy, the critics applaud wildly for the much admired (and v.v. attractive) precision all segway riding backup dance team!!!!!!!!!

They twirl and glide while simultaneously making witty messageboard posts on the laptops strapped to the segway handles. Clay thrills all with the bestest glory note ever. Then he hurries off stage to "pay" his Aikenators and get changed- again about fifteen times.

This backstage umm.... "activity" takes quite a while as you can imagine and a weary Clay emerges from the theatre as the sun rises and he dodges the kangaroos in the street...................

Hey its my fantasy and of course all my fellow backup dancers can stay at my house. I will arrange the valet segway parking.....

ETA: Bottle the bedazzling is mandatory.

Edited because I want you guys to be aware that it's Clay's body I'm going to be massaging. No funny business with trying to take my spot and sticking me with one of the crew.

:cryingwlaughter: Cuz you know that would happen!!

Likewise...not musical. I will volunteer to be his dresser and I'm sure I could learn over the course of the tour to dress him quickly.

Dress?????....Party pooper.

Congrats Annabear!

Picture this..........Clay on stage, looking all cute, well dressed (about fifteen times), singing up a storm, ...and then the thundering of cowbells and triangles and melodious paper & comb. Then from stage left, out glides the Aikenators! (segClays?) the crowd goes crazy, the critics applaud wildly for the much admired (and v.v. attractive) precision all segway riding backup dance team!!!!!!!!!

They twirl and glide while simultaneously making witty messageboard posts on the laptops strapped to the segway handles. Clay thrills all with the bestest glory note ever. Then he hurries off stage to "pay" his Aikenators and get changed- again about fifteen times.

This backstage umm.... "activity" takes quite a while as you can imagine and a weary Clay emerges from the theatre as the sun rises and he dodges the kangaroos in the street...................

Hey its my fantasy and of course all my fellow backup dancers can stay at my house. I will arrange the valet segway parking.....

ETA: Bottle the bedazzling is mandatory.

the Clegways??? :cryingwlaughter:

Hope Scarlett and her traveling Radio Shackload of video equipment will be available to tape this wonderful show. And of course, she'll need to shoot lots of backstage footage for the behind-the-scenes documentary. Good thing she's small and will be able to squeeze into Clay's dressing room along with all the dressers and undressers and circlers and whatnot.

If this this tour is going international, I better look into getting a passport, eh?

I think that ignorance and bigotry are, at their core, issues of family upbringing, education and religion -- and I have a feeling that Clay was a victim of anti-gay bigotry from his father -- just my sense of it
. Yeah...and I keep thinking about in LTS---when Clay made that remark about his Aunt Diane and how she needed to worry about something different from him appearing on 'that' woman's show (Ellen Degeneres)...I'm sure Clay grew up hearing a number of unwelcome comments among his family and friends regarding homosexuality.

Ooooh, an FCA Clay Band! :clap: And as for which instrument I want? I'll be the one that likes to play with wood. :sleezy:

Hope Scarlett and her traveling Radio Shackload of video equipment will be available to tape this wonderful show. And of course, she'll need to shoot lots of backstage footage for the behind-the-scenes documentary. Good thing she's small and will be able to squeeze into Clay's dressing room along with all the dressers and undressers and circlers and whatnot.

If this this tour is going international, I better look into getting a passport, eh?

With a Canadian accent like that, no need for a passport...they'll know where you're from. :hahaha:

Dibs on the lace-tying job (I almost typed "position" and then went....no.....:) )! I do a mean sneaker lace-up if I do say so myself. :lilredani:

ETA: goldarngirl, glad you made it in good weather! You must have brought the sun with you, just like I asked.....

Can I join the FCA band?! I know how to play a few musical instruments, but I'd like to be Clay's bagpiper. Maybe we could convince him to wear a kilt.........

Luckiest and her son were treated once to my piping and I didn't scare them away....as least I don't think I did ;)

So when do we start rehearsals? Piano/keyboards are already taken, but I can play a mean sax (other woodwinds, too). Sounds as if we have quite a percussion section. :lol:

Scarlett, we definitely need a video of all this! :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

ETA: Heinz, do you play bagpipes? I can add oboe, which can sound like the pipes. :lol:

If I was invisible [gong]...

Wait, I already am [gong].

I think that works!

And a bagpipe / oboe duet would rawk in the middle of "Broken Wings", dontcha think?

I thought I read everything. Maybe that's where I got the idea.

Is the cymbal already taken? Can you tell I have no skills?

Can I join the FCA band?! I know how to play a few musical instruments, but I'd like to be Clay's bagpiper. Maybe we could convince him to wear a kilt.........

Luckiest and her son were treated once to my piping and I didn't scare them away....as least I don't think I did ;)

Hee, no, we were enthralled with your rendition of Mull Of Kintyre!!!! :)

I used to play the piano and the oboe and the guitar............many years ago. I can sight read music. I can't sing worth a damn though. Can't dance either. I wouldn't be of much use up on the stage. Can I just have a front row centre seat every night?

goldarngirl, glad you made it home safely! You beat the snow by a couple of hours! :cryingwlaughter:

From the CH:

These Open Arms

Mariko from Japan has a friend in Germany. Seems there are two more songs from ATDW that we may or may not have seen...

Ooops... Mariko just sent me this note.... I am baaad....I had her crackin up tho when she read my post here....

Sidney is not a German but a Japanese fan who lives in Tokyo.

She's discovered the PVs which are written in German.

Youtube may take them down, so maybe somebody can grab it?

The next one is Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word. She's sending it soon....

GUH. And I'm not even all that fond of that particular song!

Those videos are making me :hubbahubba: and :cryingwlaughter: at the same time! :hahaha: I mean, I agree that he looks amazing and hawt....but he's such a ham. That lip synching is CMSU...the exaggerated mouth and lips enunciating the non-words. The calculated eyefucks. The carefully timed eyelash sweeps. The emotive head shakes as Andy does his thang on the guitar riff.

He's such a p.t. (Now in college that was a common expression---p.t.--and it meant a girl who liked to get a guy all worked up with no intention of following through---i.e., "prick teaser". Before Clay came out, we could have substituted another 'p' word to indicate that he does the same thing to a woman. Of course, now we can assume that the original meaning applies. :cryingwlaughter: )

I love that p.t. :tasty:

Hee, no, we were enthralled with your rendition of Mull Of Kintyre!!!! :)

She played "Mull of Kintyre"?? That was my request to be walked down the aisle at my daughter's wedding in 02! That was before all the Clay Madness!

--

FC - if you got the shoelaces covered, maybe I could handle the bare feet? Like dusting and powdering and massaging? (plus a little washing maybe? Hey! Somebody's got to do it!)