#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

What is the reason that youtube is taking those videos down?

Who knows if they will. It's always a possibility which is why you grab first and ask questions later.

You guys have been cracking me up ALL day. The band will be one for the ages.

About the band...

Funny thing is, I can actually read music. I just can't execute what I read -- either in the correct tone or in the correct rhythm. I think I provided lots of entertainment for the Spam cast by clapping not-in-time to ALOTBSOL. I can only read music because of 5 years of futile piano lessons. We finally gave up after the end of those 5 years when I was still only start at the 3rd beginner's book. I think my teacher went insane.

Sooo.. what could I do? Maybe I can take care of electronic stuff, mixing and things? Do the job of Ferd or whatever his name was? This way I'll also have a feed with Clay singing a capella -- I'll take care of muting all the triangles, cymbals, harmonicas, etc.

Or if he'll let me, I can keep Reed company while y'all are practicing?

Hee, bottle!

Rider: Cheez Doodles, my own hotel key, a GPS that behaves responsibly, ooh just realized I can specify the mikes and thingamajjiggies.... scoots off to make a longer wishlist for the sound system...

What is the reason that youtube is taking those videos down?

Who knows if they will. It's always a possibility which is why you grab first and ask questions later.

You guys have been cracking me up ALL day. The band will be one for the ages.

I am not sure what you mean (remember still learning Internet stuff)

unless that's your new thread title

Grab first ask questions later

Oh, I think this band idea could be very prescient! (*takes opportunity to indulge in some snark*)

Given that Clay's last tour had fans providing tour "content" via the Christmas stories, it does not seem that much of a segue (hee!) for the next tour to have fans providing the music as band members! I can already see the OFC contest with Clay blogging about being up to his eyeballs in audition clips. And, instead of a book of fan Christmas stories, TBAF will publish the memoirs of the fans chosen to be band members as "I'm With the Band, Confessions of the Claymates" (*homage to the Pamela Des Barres book *).:whee: :thpp_blinkie_1087:

Doesn't "Couch Tomato's All-Girl Band" have a certain je nais se quoi? :hahaha:

And the way the economy is heading, forming an all-girl band may be a good option :cry4:

Heeeyyy! *slides in Kramer-style*

I wanna be in the band! I don't have any musical talents! :( Can I play spoons... with Clay? :hahaha:

Also! I have another newbie request! *listens to the thuds as FCA-ers fall over from shock... :P* Does anyone have any good SRHP Classics Medley recommendations? I have Asheville and I was wondering if there are any other well-recommended ones. I'm slowly (but surely!) adding to my Clack collection. (I might need an external hard drive soon... :o Which I really can't afford, but... I CAN'T lose the Clack! :lol:)

ETA: Oops! Never mind the above request--I remembered the FCA Recommends... threads!

Those videos are making me :hubbahubba: and :cryingwlaughter: at the same time! :hahaha: I mean, I agree that he looks amazing and hawt....but he's such a ham. That lip synching is CMSU...the exaggerated mouth and lips enunciating the non-words. The calculated eyefucks. The carefully timed eyelash sweeps. The emotive head shakes as Andy does his thang on the guitar riff.

He's such a p.t. (Now in college that was a common expression---p.t.--and it meant a girl who liked to get a guy all worked up with no intention of following through---i.e., "prick teaser". Before Clay came out, we could have substituted another 'p' word to indicate that he does the same thing to a woman. Of course, now we can assume that the original meaning applies. :cryingwlaughter: )

I love that p.t. :tasty:

muski... :cryingwlaughter: I thought that (overacting on the lip synching) from the get go on those ATDW videos, not just these two new ones. Hawt... abso.lute.ly, but OMG, did they ask him to overact like that or was it his idea??? It was before he learned his craft so well on Broadway, after all. :cryingwlaughter:

The Couch Tomato's All Girl Band just keeps sounding better and better, plus we now have a sound/video person extraordinaire in Scarlett. Just don't see what we're lacking! Maybe cindilu can take pictures and be PR. :cryingwlaughter:

tribeca... BWAH! Excellent thread title material!

I'm up at 2am, actually since 1am with a tummy ache. Figured I might as well chime in, since I have a very full Sat/Sun and won't be around much... what else is new?

Gibby
, I had the same thought!

More from the CH:

ldyjocelyn thanks for bringing that over. I just love that video, he looks and sounds incredible.

p.s. Couchie Are your niece and nephew as angelic as they look? (You've mentioned them before and i can see why you are besotted with them, they are just gorgeous!)

Can I join the FCA band?! I know how to play a few musical instruments, but I'd like to be Clay's bagpiper. Maybe we could convince him to wear a kilt.........

Luckiest and her son were treated once to my piping and I didn't scare them away....as least I don't think I did ;)

Hee, no, we were enthralled with your rendition of Mull Of Kintyre!!!! :)

She played "Mull of Kintyre"?? That was my request to be walked down the aisle at my daughter's wedding in 02!

I had to learn Mull of Kintyre for luckiest and luckiestson....if I remember I was reading the music while they were there which is a big no-no in the piping world. With all my years of playing in bands and competitions no band I was involved with ever played Mill of Kintyre so I never learned it. Happy to say that since learning it (for luckiestson), I've played it numerous times and always gotten positive feedback....people love that song!

Good Morning Everyone,

Sounds like the band is really shaping up...I like "Couch Tomato's All-Girl Band"...I think we need to have t-shirts made up!

16 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Maybe it's just me, but I never thought he was lip synching on the ATDW videos.......sure, they are overdubbed with the album track, and maybe he cuold hear it as he was singing so he was in time with it, but they look "live" to me. We just can't hear it. Does that make any sense? Oh well, perhaps not, it's early and I haven't had my chai yet. :cryingwlaughter:

So.... 5 pages of band audtions and nobody mentioned playing the loveliest instrument of all? :DoClay:

New banner time - since we have new/old Clack of the beautimous ATDW songs, I thought it would be appropriate. Plus, he's HOT!

I have two random questions. One, do we know how old Reed is? (sidebar: it's funny, every single mention of Jaymes in relation to Clay states her age like it was part of her name, Jaymes Foster-50, but none of the mentions of Reed do.) And two - in recaps of the last few weeks of Spam they say that Rick (as the French Taunter) says 'I throw my shoes at you', instead of 'I blow my nose at you' - and people were going crazy over it - is there a reason that it's so funny?

I thought I remembered, from the DCAT tour, I think, that the term "throw my shoes at you" meant, in Broadway terms, that someone had put on a spectacular performance. Didn't Clay at one point take his shoe off and throw it at Quiana after one of her solos?

p.s. Couchie Are your niece and nephew as angelic as they look?

Even I can answer that one... :hahaha:

---

RE: our band...

I can hum and rock back and forth. I think the effect on stage will be stunning.

---------

eta....pretty sure the "throw my shoes at you" started up after the actual George W. Bush incident. They like to throw in topical bits that everyone will get.

etaa....or what ldyj said below and added visuals for. *g*

cindi, to answer your questions:

1) According to Reed's MySpace (and yes, I went there to check :imgtongue: ), he's 26. I've also read 27 -- so maybe he had a birthday?

2) George W. Bush, right before Christmas 2008, visited Iraq. During a press conference, an Iraqi reporter threw not one, but two shoes at him. This is ultimate sign of disrespect in Iraq.

1) According to Reed's MySpace (and yes, I went there to check :imgtongue: ), he's 26. I've also read 27 -- so maybe he had a birthday?

2) George W. Bush, right before Christmas 2008, visited Iraq. During a press conference, an Iraqi reporter threw not one, but two shoes at him. This is ultimate sign of disrespect in Iraq.

Thank you!! luckiest, I do remember Clay throwing his shoe - maybe he learned that on one of his field trips! :hahaha:

And now that you've told me, ldyj, (and jamar) I do remember seeing something about that on The Daily Show (I stopped watching the news a long time ago - I know, bad me). It was driving me crazy!!! Just knew it had to be a topical thing. Rick is so damn funny!

Thank you!! luckiest, I do remember Clay throwing his shoe - maybe he learned that on one of his field trips! :hahaha:

And now that you've told me, ldyj, (and jamar) I do remember seeing something about that on The Daily Show (I stopped watching the news a long time ago - I know, bad me). It was driving me crazy!!! Just knew it had to be a topical thing. Rick is so damn funny!

LOL, I was all prepared to supply the answers to your questions, cindilu2, deftly handled by Idyj. :woman:

Kudos on our gorgeous new banner. cindilu! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was just talking with Sally and scrolled back so I could quote one of Wandacleo's latest gems:

LIBERAL: Out and Proud!

Ditto for the two of us from "conservative" Georgia and Carolina. The campaign signs on my street were a great indicator of how things have changed in NC. I kept score every time I left the house, and President-Elect Obama never trailed. :hahaha:

The Couch Tomato All-Girl Band is coming right along. :lol:

I'm working on a new blog, so check out the Carolina site in a bit. This week marked a momentous occasion as the 100th country, Turkey, dropped by on Tuesday. :whistling-1:

Have a super day, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

p.s. Couchie Are your niece and nephew as angelic as they look?

Even I can answer that one... :hahaha:

---

RE: our band...

I can hum and rock back and forth. I think the effect on stage will be stunning.

Angelic would NOT be a word I'd use to describe either one of them. :hahaha:

Jamar so now I'm giggling thinking of the scene in Spamalot with the Knights waving their candles and doing their little moves

heee you obviously aren't american..no way to duck ha ha that show throwing incident here.

Congrats Caro!!

Two things about throwing shows:

1. in the Middle East, it's the ultimate insult

2. in Heather Headley's community, it means "that was an outstanding performance"

I think Clay learned about the other meaning while practising "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"

ETA: *waves to Caro* :clap:

:Iluvclaysbutt: