#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Well I sure hope someone is grabbing those videos cuz they are doing funny things to me.......in a good way. :)

I grabbed them, and I'll ask questions later. Hehe.

I have them as wmvs. Would people prefer them as mp4s, for ipods? I can easily convert them. The quality of the video isn't all that great, since they're from youtube. They won't look good on a big screen.

ETA: Was it yousendit that spread a virus recently? If so, I can post megaupload links, unless someone has a better idea.

Edited again: They're both in the vault, which is probably a safer place to download from.

I loved watching those videos. He is adorable. Can not lip sinc at all, so you know he will never do it in concert or tv because it would be picked up right away. He sure looked very thin and young. I did like his hair that way but for him it was probably hard to make it look good all the time. I will say that his body has matured very nicely now, his shoulders are to die for and I like how his face has also matured. Sometimes yet you look at pictures and he does not look 30 but 20.

If I remember it was sendspace that gave us the problem with a virus. I just vowed not to go their again. Glad it was vaulted.

I've been asked to post a few announcements for the BAND and ENTOURAGE MEMBERS.

1. Reed has generously offered to hold daily yoga classes at 3:00PM for the not-quit-as-flexible-as-we-used-to-be. Please bring your own yoga mat and drool towel.

2. justclay12 has been persuaded to schedule therapeutic massage and physical therapy sessions as necessary, starting at 4:00PM daily. Please see the yoga recovery sign-up sheet on the bulletin board.

3. It has been requested that the lipstick-covered Ace Young pictures be taken off the refrigerator in the common area. The owner is welcome to hang them up in her own bunk.

4. A reward has been offered in the case of the mysterious disappearance of all of the headliner's undershirts. If the undershirts remain missing for the whole tour, an anonymous benefactor will pay a substantial bonus to the whole dresser / undresser crew.

4. A reward has been offered in the case of the mysterious disappearance of all of the headliner's undershirts. If the undershirts remain missing for the whole tour, an anonymous benefactor will pay a substantial bonus to the whole dresser / undresser crew.

bwah...

Speaking of undershirts; along with being Clay's on-stage "comfort assistant" (wiping his brow, bringing him his bottled water; waving away the bugs at those outdoor venues) I could also be his laundress...he is going to need someone to make sure his clothes are cleaned and pressed (I don't mind ironing) and if in the process an undershirt (or two or three) should get "lost" in the washer or dryer...well, that does happen...I have lots of mis-matched socks to prove it.

BTW...Is Reed offering one-on-one yoga classes or is that limited to Clay?

Kim

:::sigh::: The weekend. Finally. I was working so hard I didn't even know about the most recent dust up until it was over. Interesting reading. <g>

I HATE how they always mention Jaymes' age in the media. That's another big thing that needs work - making the media realize what pigs they are, for a couple reasons:

1) They go crazy over the younger man/older woman scenario and never say a peep about the much more frequent Older man/younger woman scenario. Sexist/ageist.

2) They constantly reference the age of older women, or the weight of women (high or low), etc - but don't give the same treatment to men. Sexist and hypocritical.

3) While it's nice that Clay is *seemingly* getting better treatment in the press since he came out - that too is highly infuriating and bigoted. Either he's now acceptable because he told them what they wanted to hear and they were right, or they're afraid to bash a gay man - why is it "okay" with them to treat someone who they believe is gay the way they treated Clay, yet now they're nice now that he's out? Fucking hypocrites.

3) The so-called liberal media are now scrutinizing Obama (who hasn't even taken office yet) - where the hell were they for the last eight years?!?! Liberal media my ass. They focus laser-like on Blago (who is, indeed, a criminal ass - but he's small potatoes), yet we don't hear a peep about Ted Stevens or Jack Abramoff or any of the multiple idicted/jailed republicans from the past several years (unless it has to do with them and their "wide stance" in the men's room in an airport, or congressional pages, of course - it's all about teh gay) or the biggest criminals of all - Bush Co.

That of course leads me to a whole other rant - congress getting a backbone way too freakin' late. But I'll save that for another day. <g>

The Bush shoe throwing incident was one of my absolute favorite moments in world history - but it begs the question - how did the dude manage to get a second shoe into the air without being tackled by secret service? I will say Bush does have remarkable reflexes for a man his age.

To include Clay - I bet that boy cackled as madly as I did when he saw that on TV. <g>

Personally, I think its high time Obama was scrutinized, I think he has gotten a pass for far too long.

I truly don't believe he has proven himself and I still don't know what qualifies him for being President. Seems like as soon as he became Senator in Illinois he began running for President and didn't do much for our state.

Kim

Maybe it's just me, but I never thought he was lip synching on the ATDW videos.......sure, they are overdubbed with the album track, and maybe he cuold hear it as he was singing so he was in time with it, but they look "live" to me. We just can't hear it. Does that make any sense? Oh well, perhaps not, it's early and I haven't had my chai yet. :cryingwlaughter:

It's not just you........ but it does do funny things to me. I don't know if he trying to be sexy or if he's channeling some other personality, or if someone was there and he was showing off, or trying to make them laugh. But that set of videos just makes me squirm - in a good way!

Plus we got one of the most flatterings screencaps from those sessions.

claylookslikegeorge.jpg

I love this one because he looks like George Harrison - one of my first loves!!

and heinz -- lucky might have wanted you to play Mull of Kintyre because Paul McCartney wrote it, eh? - No??

the couch-tomato band is shaping up very nicely lol

well, my sisters and brother are keeping my mom in grandchildren pretty steadily so I dont have to worry about it..Id like to be the one to worry about it, for once..but it isnt in the cards for me yet lol my older sister has 2 (one due last October) my brother has one due in May, my younger sister has a 19 month old son and I just found out last night that she is pregnant again..due in August.

So.... 5 pages of band audtions and nobody mentioned playing the loveliest instrument of all? :DoClay:

New banner time - since we have new/old Clack of the beautimous ATDW songs, I thought it would be appropriate. Plus, he's HOT!

I have two random questions. One, do we know how old Reed is? (sidebar: it's funny, every single mention of Jaymes in relation to Clay states her age like it was part of her name, Jaymes Foster-50, but none of the mentions of Reed do.) And two - in recaps of the last few weeks of Spam they say that Rick (as the French Taunter) says 'I throw my shoes at you', instead of 'I blow my nose at you' - and people were going crazy over it - is there a reason that it's so funny?

Hey, I'm taking care of that instrument during my hourly massages. I got it covered.

So.... 5 pages of band audtions and nobody mentioned playing the loveliest instrument of all? :DoClay:

New banner time - since we have new/old Clack of the beautimous ATDW songs, I thought it would be appropriate. Plus, he's HOT!

I have two random questions. One, do we know how old Reed is? (sidebar: it's funny, every single mention of Jaymes in relation to Clay states her age like it was part of her name, Jaymes Foster-50, but none of the mentions of Reed do.) And two - in recaps of the last few weeks of Spam they say that Rick (as the French Taunter) says 'I throw my shoes at you', instead of 'I blow my nose at you' - and people were going crazy over it - is there a reason that it's so funny?

Hey, I'm taking care of that instrument during my hourly massages. I got it covered.

Remember what goes on in the massage room..................

I wonder if Clay had the okay on these PR photos of him which are so airbrushed and idealized. Yes he looks beautiful in them but I do prefer ones that actually look like the real him such as the many photos taken by us, his fans.

Didn't we see these videos when they came out? I do remember my reaction to them at the time. Frankly I was a little uncomfortable because I thought they were not well done. I thought the eye boinks were overdone and there was nothing to indicate that he was making fun of himself.

QUOTE (bottlecap @ Jan 10 2009, 08:16 AM) *

As his dresser not his underdresser I offer to make sure that if the undershirts don't disappear, at least they will shrink. I will also take full responsibility in hopes that he will give me a loving and forgiving hug.

I was struck by the courage of the newspaper person who hurled his shoes at Bush, shouting that this was for all the women and children killed in his country. Afterwards he was tortured for 24 hours until he "confessed" that a terrorist had induced him to take that action.

The media sucks period. Most seem like personalities that read, not real reporters. And asking appropriate follow up questions is hardly ever done.... and they let people get away with their propaganda no matter whcih side of the tree they are on.

Blago is going to get off scott free. You mark my words. heee. For a stupid man he seems pretty darn cunning and a bit nuts.

Heidi I too wondered WTF... Bush is the damn POTUS; the reaction time seemed mighty slow. And what if that wasn't a shoe.

Merrieee...congrats on getting your ticket. Are you the only representative from FCA going to GFI?

Well...I personally think eyeboinks, especially those done by Clay Aiken, can NEVER be overdone.

Lotus, we've never seen these two videos in their entirety. The only one shot at that time that saw the light of day before this was WY. However, I've gotta believe that there were a bunch of these done, because they used footage for the one minute ATDW commercial.

Airbrushed, natural, fan shot pictures, professional photo shoots -- heck, it's still Clay.

*frantically cleans rose-colored glasses*

Cracks me up when I see people worrying about Clay's 'overacting' and/or lip synching in the ATDW videos. Please. Beyonce is arguably about the most popular woman in the music business, and she's supposed to be an actress. Just try watching the music video for 'Listen' and get through it without laughing. And I'm not talking about the Dreamgirls clips, I'm talking about the 'real' Beyonce parts.

I just love watching him sing - and I am with luckiest1 - he was singing that song - whether that's the audio they used or not. Just watch his throat and neck.

hmmm maybe I should take down my xmas tree :hahaha:

ETA: Good girl Gibby heee.

When you're done taking yours down, would you come do mine? I had better things to do after Christmas...like hang around in NY, watching Spamalot and talking non-stop with a bunch of wonderful Clayfriends.

Can I be in the band? I have absolutely no musical talent, but that doesn't stop anyone else in the music industry nowadays. :cryingwlaughter:

Can I be in the band? I have absolutely no musical talent,

I believe you own an accordian.... :hahaha:

oh...was that a secret?

---

My Christmas tree made an ever so brief appearance....up on the 20th ... down on the 27th. I toyed with the idea of trying to get it downstairs and sticking it in a corner with a sheet over it until next year.

I was struck by the courage of the newspaper person who hurled his shoes at Bush, shouting that this was for all the women and children killed in his country. Afterwards he was tortured for 24 hours until he "confessed" that a terrorist had induced him to take that action.

Hey, I don’t blame the guy either. I think he was pretty brave – he had to know he would be tortured afterward. Finally, a journalist with the balls to say it like it is.

I say, scrutinize Obama all you want - but let's also scrutinize the criminal actions of our CURRENT President and his cronies. It's only fair. Let's start with the Senate Committee that found that Cheney authorized torture - a war crime. That senate committee report got NO play (thanks, Blago). Hell, even Cheney admitting it on camera got little play. More than a bit lopsided, the media, and not in the way republicans like to claim. Good at spin, that group.

hmmm maybe I should take down my xmas tree :hahaha:

ETA: Good girl Gibby heee.

When you're done taking yours down, would you come do mine? I had better things to do after Christmas...like hang around in NY, watching Spamalot and talking non-stop with a bunch of wonderful Clayfriends.

I finally took mine down this afternoon. Thank God that's over.

Well I sure hope someone is grabbing those videos cuz they are doing funny things to me.......in a good way. :)

I ripped and converted them last night. As Gibby said, they are in the vaults.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, thanks!

Isn't that one of the main rules of massage?? "Keep It Covered??" Animated-biggrins.gif

verra niiiice banner cindilu!