#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

That was a great little mind-walk down memory lane, keepingfaith-- is it strange after all these years I can still remember the entire melody and sing it in my head? Although for a long time I thought the lyrics went "and get in the livin' scene". I think I'll go with your new interpretation of the song-- sounds good to me!

For what it's worth, there is mime_fan audio for at least one concert of every tour going back to the Independent Tour, and I know where to get it all. I guess it might be time to do an index.

Cracks me up when I see people worrying about Clay's 'overacting' and/or lip synching in the ATDW videos. Please. Beyonce is arguably about the most popular woman in the music business, and she's supposed to be an actress. Just try watching the music video for 'Listen' and get through it without laughing. And I'm not talking about the Dreamgirls clips, I'm talking about the 'real' Beyonce parts.

I just love watching him sing - and I am with luckiest1 - he was singing that song - whether that's the audio they used or not. Just watch his throat and neck.

Who's worrying? :huh:

I'm either :cryingwlaughter: or :rolleyes: or :tasty: when I watch him do his facial contortions and his 'overacting like hell' (t/m LOTL). The man should've been alive and on screen during the silent movie era. He'd have been a HUGE star! :hahaha: Ain't no worrying going on here.

One thing's for sure...if my daughter DOES decide to go to the U of Oregon, we won't be driving to and fro! Lawd Jesus! 8-9 hours each way...drove up on Thursday, attended an all-day information day for potential incoming 'scholars' yesterday and then drove back today. Long ass drive. Whew. I'm getting too old for this. :blink:

Glad you guys knew where to go to help clayzycoffin because I just download every bit of banter and then delete what I don't want to keep. Then can never remember which ones were from where unless I go look it up all over again. If I ever get around to learning how to burn my own dvd's, I'll have to check out the montages suggested. I just know I'm going to need yet another hard drive. One day I want to get me that computer Scarlett was talking about the other day with all that space on it. For all the money I spent seeing Clay in Spamalot this past year, I probably could have bought one by now. However, I don't regret one penny.

:hello: Thanks, cindilu2, for those recommendations!

justclay12, I'll probably end up doing the same thing! I do it already with music.

*toddles off to get her downloads on*

:hello: Thanks, cindilu2, for those recommendations!

justclay12, I'll probably end up doing the same thing! I do it already with music.

*toddles off to get her downloads on*

clayzycoffin, you're adorable. I love that little dialogue you have going on at the bottom of your post. Hope you toddle back this way some more. I however, will need to get to bed.

Wanted to give a thank you to goldarngirl and luckiest for the Gala song montages. Those are fantastic! :clap:

Glad you enjoyed them. There are more Gala Montages coming (as soon as I get my rear in gear), we just wanted to do something special for Christmas, even if the whole set weren't ready.

cha cha, do you want the long answer or the short answer?

Here's the short answer: That song does have a special meaning for me going back 39 years and 15 days. I was thereafter intrigued with it and wondered about it's meaning.

You never give me your money

You only give me your funny paper

and in the middle of negotiations

you break down

I never give you my number

I only give you my situation

and in the middle of investigation

I break down

Out of college, money spent

See no future, pay no rent

All the money's gone, nowhere to go

Any jobber got the sack

Monday morning, turning back

Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go

But oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go

Oh, that magic feeling

Nowhere to go

Nowhere to go

ah, ah, ah

One sweet dream

Pick up the bags and get in the limousine

Soon we'll be away from here

Step on the gas and wipe that tear away

One sweet dream came true... today

Came true... today

Came true... today...yes it did now

One two three four five six seven,

All good children go to Heaven

It has always had a special place in my heart even though the lyrics were just out of reach for me -- and not just me as I've participated in many a discussion around the theories of what this song means. Among the theories are that this is the last song the Beatles ever wrote and that each of them contributed a part with John doing the money part, Ringo the college part, Paul the sweet dream part, and George with everybody going to Heaven. Some see the song as Paul's FU to Allen Klein. Others as a love song to Linda. Whatever, but it's been discussed. And then there's the thrilling reprise with the guitar that breaks my heart in Carry That Weight (A Long Time). Then one fine day I was read Learning To Sing, while hearing this song in my head and humming. And then it fit what I had been reading. Clay growing up, getting out of college, at a crossroads, and then One Sweet Dream came true. Then this song finally had a meaning for me after all those years.

For anyone who isn't familiar with You Never Give Me Your Money (from Abbey Road) here's a YouTube musicvid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEukNvLOOcs

and then there's that glorious reprise during Carry That Weight and following the guitar solo that weeps:

I never give you my pillow

I only send you my invitations

And in the middle of the celebrations

I break down.

Boy, you're going to carry that weight, carry that weight a long time.

That can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLTFJiN8o-A

This stuff still chokes me up. If Clay ever sang it I would die on the spot. And I'd be ready to go.

Hey! Now can I have the long answer?? Animated-biggrins.gif

I always thought I knew the meaning of that song, but maybe I only thought I did because I was stoned at the time!

I absolutely love that song and Abbey Road in general.

Do you have a copy of "The Sessions Book"? I should go and look up that song. I'll get back to you on what it says. Thanks for 'splainin' :)

Yep - it's late again... time for bed. :offtobed:

eta: was it 39 years and 15 days since Abbey Road was released? :)

Good Morning Everyone,

15 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Aw, bottlecap, lets all sing "Memories". There should be many tears tonight.

I finally framed the Spamalot poster with everyone's autographs from the first Spam and the autographed poster from Morristown, that I inadvertently won by trying to get the auction started but no one else bid. With all the stuff I have around here I wonder if I'm more vested in his career than any of his family members. :cry4: Of course I'm bidding on a few more things from ebay. And just won one of them. :hahaha:

Good Morning, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Farewell to SPAMALOT! It's been a great run -- even from afar! :clap:

UPDATE: The golf balls are still coming into the Carolina blog. I think it's so cool that a whole new segment of the population is reading about Clay Aiken, Golfing for Inclusion, and The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. :)

Have a great day, all! :lilredani:

Caro listen.gif

thanks for answering my Beatles questions!!!

My favorite Beatle was George..I miss him.

But--when John was killed it sent me into a loop of anxiety attacks that made me ill for a few months--it runs in my family, unfortunately (anxiety, depression)--plus I turned 30 in December 1980 (SAME YEAR).

I really loved them. Still a big Macca fan.

FAREWELL TO SPAM

Spam_Redux_CurtainCall5.jpg

GOODBYE AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

:cry4:

Thanks for all the :hahaha::imgtongue::cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: :hysterical: as well

UPDATE: The golf balls are still coming into the Carolina blog. I think it's so cool that a whole new segment of the population is reading about Clay Aiken, Golfing for Inclusion, and The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. :)

Caro listen.gif

:clap: This is GREAT, Caro! Thanks!

Lovely Spam, wonderful Spam. Lovely Spam, wonderful Spa......m'

Thanks for the memories. :clap: I've loved them, one and all!

Yes we will have wonderful memories of Spamalot and Clay as Sir Robin. Looking forward to hear if he will tour, having never seen him live in concert, something to look forward to. Also, must add that since I haven't been a fan long like many of you since AI, it's been great meeting so many wonderful people. Seeing Clay close up was quite an experience!

Caro listen.gif

Caro - What what do you mean by "The golf balls are still coming" to your blog? Am I the only one in the dark. I went there and I can't figure it out! Sorry to be so dense!! :)

FAREWELL TO SPAM

Spam_Redux_CurtainCall5.jpg

GOODBYE AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

I LOVE THIS, BOTTLE!!! :BlowKiss:

I've got one more Spamalot in my future.... :clay:

:hello: to duckyvee!

I went over and read the blog on Carolina and then watch the montage. It makes me miss him even more.

I hope he goes to Spam tonight. I enjoyed the cast so much when we were there. Nobody was out the first two performances I saw then Tom was out on Sat. night. His standin did ok, but he was not Tom. He really makes that part. I hope they all have job opportunities.

I have a nasty cold, the first one I have had in a couple of years. I have not worked much since I census has been low, so I have not been exposed to all those kids. Most of the time they are coughing, sneezing, rubbing their runney noses on me and I do not get sick. My husband keeps saying he is not coming near me. We are going out and celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary today with another couple. I just keep drugging myself, so far nothing is working.

Caro - What what do you mean by "The golf balls are still coming" to your blog? Am I the only one in the dark. I went there and I can't figure it out! Sorry to be so dense!! :)

Cha Cha, you have to look at the blog's Live Feed, which shows the visitor's location and the site from which he/she linked. For example, you can see when someone links from FCA.

The golf site visits are now down to a trickle; but at one point yesterday, there were 50 "golf balls" (the insignia of the golf site) in a row on the "feed."

Btw, did you finish the project at your site? I remember you were in the middle when you went to see SPAMALOT. :)

Caro listen.gif