#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Claylove :clap: And you know I don't need to see pictures of them together. Right now I just want to see Clay's interesting sounding ensemble. I actually long for the day when Clay out on the town with a "date" is not a big deal. Although I'm not sure it will get to that in this fandom since Clay out and about by himself hasn't gotten old yet.

I want a picture of Clay and Reed too and I think we will eventually get one, but I also think we may have to be a little patient. If you think about it, last night was a really big deal for Clay. Heck the last several months have been a big deal for him!

<snip>

But last night was the first time he has gone with Reed (and just the two of them plus Jerome
, not Clay's usual entourage) to an event together that he knew the fans and general public would hear about.

Does Clay EVER go out without Jerome breathing down his neck?

Does Clay EVER go out without Jerome breathing down his neck?

I hope not as long as fans are breathing down his neck - I honestly think there is a good reason that Jerome is there - Clay seems too frugal to keep a bodyguard for no good reason. Who knows what kinds of things go on in Clay's real life? Chris Seibert, in that article that was linked to a little while back, seemed to think having Jerome around was necessary for Clay, and he would know more about it than the public. That actually made me nervous!

I do think going to the last night of Spam, knowing that there could possibly the stalkerish fans who assumed he would be there for the final show, qualifies for needing Jerome.

I want to see the bowtie!!!!!!!! on Clay!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny how peoples' filters get into recaps...like how fans approaching Clay as he sat in the audience were deemed respectful, or how Clay & Reed were obviously a couple (I wonder why?). Just makes me laugh. Not that I don't appreciate all the recaps, of course I do. And I'm in the camp that believes they are a couple, and would love to see a picture of them together...eventually. Right now I'd settle for a picture of Clay in glasses and a bowtie......the nerdier the better, as far as I'm concerned. :P

Heading out shortly to meet Claymatron for lunch and EEEEEEEE over some 2009 calendars she is delivering......

Luckiest, why do you think "the nerdier the better" as far as Clay's appearance is concerned? Even with glasses and bow ties, I figure he didn't look nerdy. I have a feelin' he looked like the fabboo and HOT piece of work that he has evolved into over the past few years. Nerdy is so 2002!

I love his glasses too! (And I don't think I'm biased just because I have to wear 'em... :D) I wish he'd abandon the contacts and let those studly lenses run free!

That was an odd sentence, wasn't it? :lol:

ETA: STUBBLE! *swoonage* I saw a little picture of him with stubble and American Idol hair once... may I offer a :hubbahubba: ?

It's funny how peoples' filters get into recaps...like how fans approaching Clay as he sat in the audience were deemed respectful, or how Clay & Reed were obviously a couple (I wonder why?).

luckiest, I can understand what you're talking about here. Personally, my idea of a fan being 'respectful' in a situation like this would be their keeping away from Clay, but that's me. I've never been an autograph seeker--even if I were in a situation where I was 'meeting' a celebrity, I wouldn't ask for one. And to me, Clay was a spectator Sunday, not a performer. He was on his 'own time', not mine, so I'd never 'approach' him at all.

As for the couple thing? I'm with you in that I've basically assumed it to be true for some time. The fact that Clay and Reed attended this last Spam show together makes me happy because it lets me know he's comfy in the relationship and proud to be seen with someone special to him.

Would I like to see a pic of him and Reed together? You betcha! 'Coss I AM nosy that way!

ETA: One reason THIS time I'd like a pic is to see how Clay carried off the "bow tie, glasses, sweater vest" look. I'm in the 'rather see him ala The View, Tyra or Hollywood Virgin signing look' car myself, but am ridiculously curious to see this latest manifestation of the Clay Aiken Couture! :hahaha:

While we're awaiting a peek at Professor Aiken from last night's Spam finale, here are some other pics of Clay in a bow tie to tide us over... :flirtysmile3:

Courtesy of Artquest:

ProfAiken_bowtie.jpg

Too cute:

thenandnow27.jpg

Too hawt:

tvgbw-clean.jpg

normal_ELLE-1.jpg

BWelle-1-1-1.jpg

Bow tie *and* stubble:

clayonnicknite.jpg

ETA: I'm rather fond of that one myself, clayzy... :dead-1:

While we're awaiting a peek at Professor Aiken from last night's Spam finale, here are some other pics of Clay in a bow tie to tide us over... :flirtysmile3:

Bow tie *and* stubble:

clayonnicknite.jpg

Clayzycoffin: :Thud: *is dead*

I got myself out of bed and ran to the computer to see the pictures of Reed and Clay.

So much for that idea.

LOVE me some nerdy Clay.

I always preferred Clark Kent to Superman.

Well we know of some crazed stalkers who thinks he fathered their baby or is engaged to him and I'm sure there are some unstable people in the fandom in proportion to those out in society...but if I had been anywhere near NYC I would have so have been at that closing..yeah maybe to get a peak at Clay but also because Spamalot, of all things, has become so special to me. I'm grateful for the reports. They painted a picture that will do if I never get a picture. I honestly don't worry about Clay's safety with Jerome around. Not only does he know about all the craziness I bet he recognizes by sight every single threat. And I wouldn't be surprised if Clay has worse threats than fans that would love him to death. I'm more concerned about the freakishly obsessed haters.

I got myself out of bed and ran to the computer to see the pictures of Reed and Clay.

So much for that idea.

bwah... that made me giggle.

I'm more concerned about the freakishly obsessed haters.

Sadly, some of whom used to call themselves fans.

Yeah, wanda, but I don't think Lois Lane would agree! Clark Kent was just a disguise, a front guy, for the real Superman!

Reminds me of the song by Crash Test Dummies, that used to make me cry because it was so funereal, but the words were exceptional and having grown up with Superman, I love it. Not the video at all, but the song itself.

"Superman's Song"

Tarzan wasn't a ladies' man

He'd just come along

and scoop 'em up under his arm like that,

quick as a cat in the jungle;

But Clark Kent, now there was a real gent

He would not be caught sittin' around in no

Junglescape, dumb as an ape doing nothing

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see

Another man like him

Hey Bob, Supe had a straight job

even though he could have smashed through any bank

in the United States, he had the strength, but he would not

Folks said his family were all dead

Their planet crumbled but Superman he forced himself

To carry on, forget Krypton, and keep going

Tarzan was king of the jungle and Lord over all the apes

But he could hardly string together four words: "I Tarzan, You Jane."

Sometimes when Supe was off stopping crimes

I'll bet that he was tempted to just quit

and turn his back on man, and join Tarzan in the forest

But he stayed in the city, and kept on changing clothes

in dirty old phonebooths till his work was through

and nothing to do but go home

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see

Another man like him.

One of the reasons I'm still here is Clay's ability to surprise me..sometimes stun me... he's always interesting and never boring in look or in deed. I like him every which way. Can someone find the nerdy chic photos from the awards show..2005 I think..suit..was it an orange shirt with dark glasses. LOVE LOVE that look..Time Mag and snowflake, and orange shirt JBT some of my favorites.... surprisingly the photos other seems to love so much like Tyra are not in my top 1000.

Because that's my personal preference? I like the "nerdy" look.......I love his glasses, I love his sideburns.....can't wait to see the bowtie. Others prefer stubble, contacs, trendy clothes....to each his/her own, right? :lilredani:

Clay wears trendy clothes? Just keeding, 'cause I wouldn't know shinola from trendy clothes! I have no issue with glasses and have been known to wear them myself when the contacts are bothering me; I don't like sideburns on anybody, even Clay; and it doesn't matter that other people have different likes and dislikes because preferences make it all more interesting. It's just the term nerdy that grabbed me, because I think nerds can have stubble, and wear contacts, and not have sideburns, and still be nerdy. So I guess it's just a definitional thing since to me Clay's nerd days are long gone -- with or without glasses, sideburns, bangs, or mismatched socks. He's just hot and fine now!

One of the reasons I'm still here is Clay's ability to surprise me..sometimes stun me... he's always interesting and never boring in look or in deed. I like him every which way. Can someone find the nerdy chic photos from the awards show..2005 I think..suit..was it an orange shirt with dark glasses. LOVE LOVE that look..Time Mag and snowflake, and orange shirt JBT some of my favorites.... surprisingly the photos other seems to love so much like Tyra are not in my top 1000.

I don't have my photos with me but I think you mean this one???

sq-aiken-ama04-cpt-gty.jpg

I have several photos of this look at home cause I loved it! I have always had a particular affection for Clay in glasses, especially these. I think its partly because the first time I ever met Clay he was wearing these ones. In fact, I think I drive my friends crazy over my glasses infatuation. LOL! But I think they are really sexy.

I loved the orange shirt, horn rimmed glasses and wide striped suit look also couchie. Bon Jovi wore a similar suit and I thought the more slender Clay looked better. I believe they even had a picture together.

I lost the final ebay item I bid on last night. Thank goodness it got too high. It was an autographed Linda Huber print. I tried to steal it for $35. but it ended at $60.

Somebody make me get back to working. :thdom2: I have to teach 8 hours of taxes this week and I am in no way a teacher. :Ahh:

Clay wears trendy clothes? Just keeding, 'cause I wouldn't know shinola from trendy clothes! I have no issue with glasses and have been known to wear them myself when the contacts are bothering me; I don't like sideburns on anybody, even Clay; and it doesn't matter that other people have different likes and dislikes because preferences make it all more interesting. It's just the term nerdy that grabbed me, because I think nerds can have stubble, and wear contacts, and not have sideburns, and still be nerdy. So I guess it's just a definitional thing since to me Clay's nerd days are long gone -- with or without glasses, sideburns, bangs, or mismatched socks. He's just hot and fine now!

Hey, I think you misinterpreted my post completely - that's exactly why I like what I termed as "the nerdy" look - cuz it's hawt!

LOVE me some nerdy Clay.

I always preferred Clark Kent to Superman.

Me too

Love nerdy Clay

and always thought Louis Lane was so dumb not to love Clark Kent instead of Superman

there is a picture of Clay I love that he doesn't look like a nerd but IMO looks like Clark Kent