#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

Now, for important stuff:

1) Are we getting a cellcert from the Celine Dion concert?????

2) Whose going to GFI????

I'm ready for the next adventures.

CG I thought I read that only oine person approached Reed. Is that not correct? Did a number people do that? If so, then I'm outraged along with you--but if it was only one or two nutcases, well, that's pretty much to be expected. Out of all the people in attendance, you would expect a few lunatics.

Clay's career--I'm not sure that I see eye to eye with you on this as it seems to me as though his career is going along very well. He has had a very good run on Broadway--with good reviews--and that's nothing to sneeze at. A-listers frequently do Broadway runs to garner legitimacy for their talents--so I think that his run has served him well. I don't think there's much advantage to any public figure to take time out of the public eye. I remember reading that Garth Brooks built a following by touring non-stop for about 4 years. Whatever he decides--I'm SO there.

As for Clay looking like a girl--I'm resisting the temptation to say anything non-PC, but I'm laughing very hard at the effort it's taking me. :hahaha:

(I would love him in drag.)

wanda... BWAH!!! I agree about the touring... get to it, Clay. He may have to downscale his guarantee and go to smaller venues, but he could still do it, especially if he goes for places where the tickets could be cheaper than some of his symphony shows.

Oh, my goodness, you mean that picture was construed as "grabbing" "gropping" or whatever??? He was just being playful, I'm sure, like most men are. Anyway. IMO Clay probably is Bi not Homo and doesn't realize it or something, cause he sure does like females. LOL

Betty Jean.... :welcome10: What he is, is a guy with a very interesting sense of bawdy humor. He loves women, plain and simple, whether it be sexual or not (not in this case, IMO). :cryingwlaughter:

Scarlett... WORD

To tell you the truth, when I saw that picture, I just about died laughing, cause either Clay has a breast fetish or he was making fun of the mehzan picture, or he's a normal young man who runs with friends to whom that is normal party behavior or all of the above or none of the above. :cryingwlaughter:

CG... I think he still had his stage makeup on. I also think he just doesn't much care what he looks like or he would be more careful and he never is unless it's photoshoot time.

Spamalot Withdrawal Syndrome.... I like that! :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks for the welcome JMH123. I'm not always good at posting, since I'm not familiar with a lot of you, but I'll be back off and on. Sure glad to see you don't delete posts that are just a little so called "off topic" like some boards do.

BJ

Thanks for the welcome JMH123. I'm not always good at posting, since I'm not familiar with a lot of you, but I'll be back off and on. Sure glad to see you don't delete posts that are just a little so called "off topic" like some boards do.

BJ

If off-topic posts were deleted here--some days there would be nothing left!!! :cryingwlaughter:

The first thing I thought when I saw those pictures was, "Whoa! He looks rather womanly there! His face is so damned beautiful that with that eyeliner and whatnot and his hair looking pretty good, he looks QUITE feminine and almost too pretty to me.

The second thing I thought when I saw those pictures was, 'Whoa! He's HAWT! I'd do him in a heartbeat!" :hubbahubba:

Yep..he DOES look feminine in those pics. and Yep..he DOES look hawt and happy in those pics. And that's the truth.

My observation of the fan who approached Reed was very clear. The man was sitting there minding his own business during intermission. A fan tapped him on the shoulder, needing to lean over the chair and sort of over Nick to get to him. He finally turned around and accepted her hand that she'd shoved between the two men. What the hell was he supposed to do, tell her to fuck off? Of COURSE, he was nice and accepted her hand and smiled and said, 'Thank you" or whatever. It's the polite thing to do.

Inserting yourself into his space when he doesn't know you from Eve is NOT the polite thing to do, IMO---I don't care how many comments you've posted on his myspace or facebook or how many 'adds' you've gotten from his websites. The man does NOT know you and you are NOT his 'friend'. Oy.

And yes, that one fan is the only fan I saw approach him like that---totally out of context and with the sole intention of 'meeting' him. It was enough, though, because sneaking peaks is one thing---what she did is entirely another. Was I embarrassed? Yeah...I'm like that, I guess. I know she isn't me, but I can be embarrassed for a damned character on a tv show when he or she does something imbecilic (is SO a word)....like Steve Carrell on "Office". Lord, my daughter and I both cringe repeatedly watching that hilarious show. :hahaha: Can't help it.

Sure, that fan is not me and does not represent me. Doesn't matter to me. She's a 'fan' and behaved, IMO, in a way that feeds into all the negative stereotypes of "Clayfans/Claymates" that I don't identify with. And I remain uncomfortable when I SEE that kind of behavior. That's me...not asking anybody to agree with me.

Did you guys NOT read my report earlier that I spent the day with "Little" Reed? :hahaha: I was about ready to ask him if he was 'bendy'! :sleezy:

ETA: wanda, I was about to comment about BettyJean's 'off topic' post, but I see you've already covered it! BWAH!

BJ

I don't even know where the delete button is.

Cindilu..not angsting...discussing. I think there's a difference. i hope cuz it might be awhile for new news

So he's been done with Spam for less than 72 hours, and the angsting/career bell tolling/marketing directives suggestions have started already. Yep - that's about right! :hahaha:

If Clay looks like a woman, then I guess I must be a lesbian, because he makes me quite hot. Who knew!? tmKing Arthur

I'm home from Philly & New York.

Made my connecting flight in Mpls by about 5 mn due to de-icing the plane on the runway in Philly.

According to the pilot we had a trainee doing the de-icing.

He was not impressed. :cryingwlaughter:

---

Had an awesome time!

Couchie....no worries....I believe I matched you character for character. :hahaha:

Had an awesome time!

Couchie....no worries....I believe I matched you character for character. :hahaha:

hee you did didn't you.

I have an interview already..damnit! I got the call when I had just taken my seat on the plane in NYC. I applied for that a month ago..cuz I haven't really looked for anything since my mom had her stroke.

eeeeeeeeee I didn't realize I had NBA TV..I thought that came with the League Pass which I didn't buy this year...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... yep another addiction. Who told me I had an addictive personality..you might be right hee.

ETA - I did not care for Juniors all that much either except for the fun of seeing other fans there and I liked Sardis' cheesecake much better - it was smoother.

Yup, agree with you on this. Sardi's cheesecake was very good!

I did enjoy the chocolate moussy type thing at Juniors though. :)

I stopped getting Google alerts 2 years ago. They are not necessary, IMO, or even worthwhile. If it's important, we'll be discussing it already!

Never got Google alerts - heh, didn't even know what they were - and I don't think I've missed much of anything - well, I didn't have clue about FBM but I guess that didn't show up there anyway... life is definitely much easier if I avoid the crap. I now know that there are people writing crap that would spoil my fun so I ignore them...

And those virus things are scaring the crap out of me! Guess I won't be clicking on much of anything any more! My computer is already having issues and I'd like to avoid any more that I have no clue how to fix! :cryingwlaughter:

Gee, I thought more people would be upset over the fact I said Clay looked like a girl in that one picture than that I thought some (and I wasn't referring to anyone in particular - here or elsewhere so no one needs to be paranoid!) were getting a tad carried away and not necessarily respecting boundaries when it came to Reed and Clay! :cryingwlaughter:

Re the bolded....if it makes you feel any better...I just expect it now. :shrug:

And sadly, I have come to expect comments like this from you......

Most people who have differing opinions aren't upset, they just have differing opinions.

:clap:

Ok, perhaps "upset" was not exactly the correct word to use. Perhaps I should have said I expected more comments... rather than expecting more people to be upset. Just a matter of semantics.

Although people often seem to get upset by what I post, even though its just a differing opinion..... :whistling-1:

CG... I think he still had his stage makeup on. I also think he just doesn't much care what he looks like or he would be more careful and he never is unless it's photoshoot time.

Everyone else managed to get their stage make-up off! If he didn't maybe I should send him a case of cold cream! Its not that hard to get off make-up!

Tribeca, it's tough to lose a friend over something like this. I understand that you don't feel the way they do--you can't control other people's feelings, but it still hurts when they are hurt. Sometimes people build Clay up as a goody-goody type that he obviously isn't, and then are disappointed to find out that he's bawdy and risque. Anyway, I hope she'll stay in touch with you regardless of her feelings about Clay.

thank you very much for that

Still catching up, but too sleepy to read anymore tonight. Must get to bed. I feel like we should be looking for recaps from tonight's Spam show... *sniff*

Again, it was great seeing so many of you again this weekend & meeting others for the first time. :BlowKiss:

I'll try to recap later this week. It was a wonderful weekend with our guy. :wub:

Other than Merle, I didn't see anyone else from the cast in those photos. And I really don't think getting make-up off is that much of a priority for Clay. If, and that's a big if since I rarely wear make-up at all anymore, I would happen to put some on, it would stay on until bed so I don't see a problem with Clay having his still on. This is a man who doesn't focus on looks, his or others, and I love that about him. Wouldn't want him any other way.

Now I'm going to have to go back to NY to try Sardi's cheesecake and the chocolate mousse thing at Juniors. Why didn't anyone tell me about this stuff before?

Everyone else managed to get their stage make-up off! If he didn't maybe I should send him a case of cold cream! Its not that hard to get off make-up!

Unless you're allergic to cold cream, as I know of at least one friend who is. And she used to belly dance for a living, and it took her FOREVER to get her makeup off.

I guess I don't get the big deal (to me) about it. He looks like a woman to some; is that a problem? I truly don't care what others are saying about him, especially those that aren't fans in the first place. I'm totally secure in the fact that I find a guy who is gay and isn't afraid to wear his stage makeup out in public totally hawt. I'd do him in a heartbeat.

As far as "introducing yourself to Reed because of MySpace profile add" -- well, how many people this past weekend went up to someone at Carmine's after the show saying "are you _____? I love your posts." To me, it's kind of similar -- not totally, but in a similar vein. And while I probably wouldn't introduce myself to Reed because of MySpace (and no, he's not my Friend), I tend to only get embarrassed by the actions of myself or those close to me. Again, I'd rather be proud of MY OWN ACTIONS as a Clay fan.

Shrug.

Can we talk about how hawt Clay is again?

Maybe he just likes it? Like liney23 said, I don't think he cares all that much about stuff like that!

I pretty much expect him to look different every time I see a picture of him - to me, it is part of his charm!

Yep!!!! He looks hawt in makeup!!!!!

Although people often seem to get upset by what I post, even though its just a differing opinion.....

Oh, people may beg to diffa.........but upset? Nah.

Could also be that the eyeliner is permanent; might have been easier than taking it on and off every night.

And except for Merle, I don't think any of the others were in Spamalot so why would they have make-up to take off?

Kim

Hey, ldyj! Lookie what I wrote way up thread!

And I remain uncomfortable when I SEE that kind of behavior. That's me...not asking anybody to agree with me.

AND!

Well, actually, I DO believe I DID talk about how HAWT Clay is---'womanly' makeup or not....Although it seems that only the first part of my observation---that I thought his eyeliner and pretty face and nice hair all made him rather feminine looking---was actually absorbed and commented on.

See?

The first thing I thought when I saw those pictures was, "Whoa! He looks rather womanly there! His face is so damned beautiful that with that eyeliner and whatnot and his hair looking pretty good, he looks QUITE feminine and almost too pretty to me.

The second thing I thought when I saw those pictures was, 'Whoa! He's HAWT! I'd do him in a heartbeat!"

:lilredani:

And ldyj, although I understand why you might try comparison of the fan approaching Reed with a Clay fan approaching another Clay fan from a Clay fan message board, I really don't think it qualifies as a true analogy. Apples and oranges to me

But on to something REALLY different! I'm getting a wake up call at 4:15 am tomorrow! That's barbaric! Early flight means early arrival back home, though, so it's all good! :clap:

As long as it takes clay to come out the stage door - he could shower, change, and iron his clothes if he so chose to. He obviously doesn't care because he knows within minutes the photos will be on the web. I like that about him actually. I like him in eyeliner too. Maybe he likes it too?

Lady J... I agree with your post. Not embarassed by the any clay fan label, by anything done in person or by the stereotypes thrust upon us in the media. Hell I don't even give a darn about what my own family thinks heee. Have ya'll seen how I go out? heee. My mother is a put your makep on kind of person before she leaves the house. My sister is the same. They found me on a doorstep apparantly. You don't know how many times I've heard..what are you wearing in barely restrained panic voices or are you going to do something to your hair. And my response? Uh, I'm going to the store for bread - these people who see me mean absolutely nothing to me..what's wrong with sweatpants and a ratty tshirt. Nothing. Not comparing myself to a star but I definitely appreciate his attitude. We have a con nec tion.

Oh guess I can say it now. My former company deals in cosmetics. I never wore a single product and the stuff ya'll pay $20 for I could get for a $2.00. The women in my family are mourning my unemployment situation and my extremely generous discount. :hahaha::hahaha:

When I was in NYC and hung out with my friend she had me cracking up asking me how I got my hair to do these little twists. People pay hundreds of dollars for it. I get in the shower, wet it, and get out. LOL.

But muski, I DID read your comments. I'm just making more, shall we say, general comments? I thought it cool that you'd still do him. Maybe we can share?

couchie, that's the way I am too. Never wear makeup. Dress OK for work, but it's never been a huge deal for me, so I also appreciate that in Clay.

What scares me is that one of my favorite TV shows is "What Not to Wear." Hee.

So do you all think it is normal for a man to wear that much make-up in his off time?

Or is it just ok because the perfect Clay apparently does it??

IMO there is NO excuse to not get that make-up off before going out on the town. I have worn stage make-up and it is harder to get off than most street make-up, but truly, unless you're in a show like Lion King or Shrek or Cats, it doesn't take that much tome or effort to do!

But if you like his make-up so he looks like (IMO) a transsexual and don't mind him looking like (IMO) a woman (he is GAY, after all, not transgender - as far as we know!), then enjoy.

I don't. I think it is weird. I think he looks awful. I think he looks like a clown. No wonder to so many he is such a joke!

He is such a good looking guy and often looks like a good looking man. Sometimes he looks like a mess of a man, but still looks like a man. I just don't fnd anything appealing about a man who looks more like a woman than a man.

I don't know. We all have our off days, but he was going to a party - held in his honor. He should have taken some pride in his appearance. JMO and all that.

I hope Clay takes a VERY long hiatus. Months and months and months and months. Maybe then he will have enough time to take off all his make-up! :cryingwlaughter:

Think I will go find more Ace pictures. At least he looks like a man! I don't love him like I love Clay but right now, he is much easier to drool over! :tasty:

Another non-make-up wearer here...mostly moisturizer and lipstick..never have like a lot of goop on my face. And I don't dress up to go to the store either...this time of the year, when I am not at work, I live in sweats...and my house has that lived in look...my kids always ask if we are having company when I clean...guess I don't clean enough, LOL!

Kim

What scares me is that one of my favorite TV shows is "What Not to Wear." Hee.

I'd be perfect for that show. Of course I'd kick my family's ass...but would love the shopping trip LOL.

What is normal. Clay is Clay. He can do what he wants. I don't really know what Clay does on his off time sicne i see about .0005 percent of his life. I don't know why you're upset that others aren't upset. Maybe you aren't upset but but you seem kind of agressive about it - even bringing it back up when apparantly nobody cared enough to respond to it the first time. I'm sure Ace has a nice board to post on.

and despite all emoticons I find nothing funny in your post. I know it's hard to separate sometimes but I am saying this as a fan of Clay, not an admin. If this is the kind of dialogue you wanted with your post from this morning, I guess you win.