#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

As far as "introducing yourself to Reed because of MySpace profile add" -- well, how many people this past weekend went up to someone at Carmine's after the show saying "are you _____? I love your posts." To me, it's kind of similar -- not totally, but in a similar vein. And while I probably wouldn't introduce myself to Reed because of MySpace (and no, he's not my Friend), I tend to only get embarrassed by the actions of myself or those close to me. Again, I'd rather be proud of MY OWN ACTIONS as a Clay fan.

But..but...but there is a major difference, people were not hoping that by talking to you or any other fan/board member they were going to get a "con.nec.tion". If Reed had been an not-famous actor that had no interaction with Clay would that same person have introduced themselves to him. I highly doubt it. The fan in question is a well known FAN and as such it just makes me go hmmm!

And as for posts on topic....I would still be a dog walker if my posts had to be on topic*g*

Ace? Ace who? [/snark]

So.....are we now arguing about Clay wearing makeup?

Who gives a f#@K?!

And--how exactly do we know he's wearing makeup anyhow???? These pictures aren't exactly closeups.

At any rate--(cue music)

I just want to celebrate!

I love Clay.

Love him gay.

Love him any frigging way

Dum de dum dum.....

I guess I don't get the big deal (to me) about it. He looks like a woman to some; is that a problem? I truly don't care what others are saying about him, especially those that aren't fans in the first place. I'm totally secure in the fact that I find a guy who is gay and isn't afraid to wear his stage makeup out in public totally hawt. I'd do him in a heartbeat.

ditto...I think he looks hot, I dont think for a minute he looks like a woman, so I cant comment on whether its ok for him to look like a woman, cause he doesnt to me...

Im easy...I like a good looking man and clays a good looking man, the picture with merle is HOT..I wouldnt notice makeup if someone else didnt point it out..

I dont find Ace attractive..

those two thoughts arent related lol

Hee. If you have ABC on and watch What would you do? my DD's friend is half of the "Ugly American" couple. :cryingwlaughter:

I saw that--she was good! Made me totally cringe.

Sweet that you saw it.

But I should have been more specific. My DD's real life friend was "Bob".

Hee. I remember when it was filmed. He was so psyched.

What is normal. Clay is Clay. He can do what he wants. I don't really know what Clay does on his off time sicne i see about .0005 percent of his life. I don't know why you're upset that others aren't upset. Maybe you aren't upset but but you seem kind of agressive about it - even bringing it back up when apparantly nobody cared enough to respond to it the first time. I'm sure Ace has a nice board to post on.

and despite all emoticons I find nothing funny in your post. I know it's hard to separate sometimes but I am saying this as a fan of Clay, not an admin. If this is the kind of dialogue you wanted with your post from this morning, I guess you win.

Are you asking me to leave this board?

Sorry you didn't find anything funny in my post. I was TRYING to make it a bit lighter by the use of emotions, but I guess that didn't work. But frankly, all I did was express my opinion about the way Clay looked. I thought that was allowed.

You know, I made a very heartfelt and nice post after Spamalot ended and I think maybe only one person commented. I am not sure most here even read it. But I dare say something critical and everyone is right there! Contrary to what you and others may think, I do not post to get comments - positive or negative. But it seems most here lay in wait for me to post something they perceive as negative and then they pounce! It is almost s if they are encouraging me! Then I get accused of being too negative. While I am sure that isn't a conscious decision on anyone's part, that is the way it appears.

There has been a double standard held when it comes to me and this board for ages - even though those in charge don't seem to see it. Others have and do. I certainly do.

For example, people are allowed to attack me personally and get away with it, even though that is one of the no-no's on this board.

Example:

Claygasm, you are one nasty piece of work.

Ugh.

I really hope you have people in your life who are honest and kind with you as you are with Clay.

That is a personal attack, and not the first one. Bet no one will tell her she is out of line!

And speaking of nasty.... Nah. I won't sink to your level, cindilu.

Oh, I do have people in my life who are as honest with me as I have been ABOUT Clay. Not WITH him because I do not exist in his real world, anymore than you do. And you know what? I appreciate it when they are honest with me. It is amazing what one can learn when being honest! As to being kind - nothing I said was unkind. It was just my honest opinion. And it happened to find fault with Clay.

I love him as much as anyone here. I just don't see people I love with blinders on.

Wow. Not gonna comment...except for one thing:

No wonder to so many he is such a joke!

Why does this bother you so much?

Oh come on. Why not join the bash-fest?

But I will answer y our question. It bothers me because I hate it when I see someone I care about made a joke of. And I don't think for one moment it doesn't bother Clay. He is human and most people who are constantly made a joke of are bothered by it no matter what they say. And in Clay's case I honestly believe the fact he is often a joke, known more for that than his talent, has hurt his career - his Broadway turn aside. That has been the first and only thing he has done in his professional life where overall he has been treated with respect.

I care because I care about Clay and his career and I think many of these jokes could be stopped if he made small changes - not life altering ones. Like being more conscious about his appearance. You know, this is his job and most who want to be successful wouldn't go on a job interview or a work-related function looking like a slob. Its the same principle here, IMO.

Look, I am not telling Clay what to do. I don't have his ear - nor should I. Who am I to him? Who are any of us to him? He will do what he wants to do for better or for worse. But that doesn't stop me from caring or wishing he would do something different and I should be allowed to express those feelings here.

P.S. The reference to Ace was snark because I was being kidded about how hot I thought he was a few days ago. It is not a competition. I thought Ace was fabulous in Grease, looks pheneomenal in tight jeans and has arms to die for, but overall, he's no Clay Aiken.

Actually...people did not respond to your initial post and then you took offense to the lack of response.

Not the same thing.

At. All.

eta....

You can edit, of course, but your original said

I thought more people would be upset over the fact I said Clay looked like a girl

Gee. What is one to make of that?

I care because I care about Clay and his career and I think many of these jokes could be stopped if he made small changes - not life altering ones. Like being more conscious about his appearance. You know, this is his job and most who want to be successful wouldn't go on a job interview or a work-related function looking like a slob. Its the same principle here, IMO.

I get a little offended when, because I think Clay looks fine, its implied that because of that i see him with blinders on, or if I like a picture that everone else hates its because Im blinded by love...what makes one person blinded and another person not? how come one person can see through their "love" and see that someone truly looks bad, and I cant just because I say he looks good...to some people clay will be a joke no matter what he does..I think Clay looks good most of the time, you apparently (though I dont know you, but by your own admission) many times do not...but how come he needs to change because you think he doesnt look good, but if I think he looks good it doesnt matter? I dont know if Im making sense, but I dont have any ill feelings toward you, Im new and I dont even know you..this is something that has been in my mind based on what many people say to me..when I say I like his hair "of course you do" or "youd like him bald" or if I say I like what he's wearing "its cause your blinded by love" same thing if I like a picture..to me that minimizes my feelings, and makes me feel as if I cant be taken seriously...so while it may not be easy being somewhat negative and critical, its also not easy loving everything (or most everything) either..

dont know if Im making any sense, I just wonder how between 2 fans one can be blinded because they think he looks good...and the other see clearly because they think he looks bad.

Hee. If you have ABC on and watch What would you do? my DD's friend is half of the "Ugly American" couple. :cryingwlaughter:

Sweet that you saw it.

OMG--he was even worse/better. LOL. Which one was it wanted their steak tartare cooked? :hahaha:

There has been a double standard held when it comes to me and this board for ages - even though those in charge don't seem to see it. Others have and do. I certainly do.

and everyone is certainly free to tell me about my double standard without fear of retribution. I'm not deleting anything - if you're in the right then everybody can see that for themselves.

And finally, about Clay, the reason we are here. He is the object of our AFFECTION and we would like that spirit to be reflective in your posts even if you're saying, what in the world did he do to his hair. If you are feeling an overall disenchantment, go somewhere else. Don't get in the way of our fun.

This is honestly the only "rule" I care about.

I honestly don't care what anyone's feelings are but I damn well don't want to cringe while I'm reading them HERE. and it takes a whole hell of a lot to make me cringe. The sarcasm at those of us who don't feel like you do is only a secondary issue.

dang I feel like I missed something with Jamar's friends..maybe it will turn up on you tube.

Smitten that makes perfect sense to me.

Sweet that you saw it.

OMG--he was even worse/better. LOL. Which one was it wanted their steak tartare cooked? :hahaha:

I loved that! :hahaha:

Seriously...he has lots to work with here. Sadly.

LOL, couchie, talk about cringing. I could barely watch. :cryingwlaughter: They played "ugly Americans" in Paris. :hysterical:

Oh, and they asked for "freedom fries." :cryingwlaughter: And wore BUSH 08 tee-shirts. :hahaha:

so were they acting..their goal was to be ugly americans?

Yes. And hidden camera's gage the honest reaction. Suffice it to say the French were much better about it than the other American tourists. The French waiters handled it like the pros they are.

Claygasm, I can readily identify with hurt, anger, expectations, and disappointments...yours, mine, or someone else's. Our emotions take on many forms, don't they? And bring out the worst and the best in us. Sometimes, I am the dog that wags its tail and then bites; other times, I am the snarling dog that runs away, yelping. Ask my kids. Ask my chiropractor.

Ha...Memory moment: When things didn't go her way, my grandmother used to say, "Some people!!!"

I guess I am 'Some people!!!' to some people.

Clay is 'Some people!!!' to some people.

Some people are "Some people!!!" to Clay.

Some people are 'Some people!!!' to some people on this board.

And vicie-versie.

Huh?

Keep up, will ya?

But...to me, this is Clay:

tbird.png

People say, 'No seagulls allowed!"

Seagull (lives its life)

People say, "Clay Aiken blah blah blah, blah blahbitty blah!"

Clay (lives his life)

And, after resting on the very sign expressing rejection of his kind, the seagull spreads its wings and does its thing. Beautifully.

Not everybody is going to love that seagull, how it looks, how it flies, how it 'sings'... but he seems pretty content to me.

And...lucky me, because Clay Aiken in any guise tends to inspire fornicationish thoughts.

What.

And now, the congregation shall rise and sing Hymn number 169, "I Come With Joy".

Claygasm, you are one nasty piece of work.

And cindilu, you so very easily feel called to judge others self righteously.

Know what? I don't happen to agree completely with CG. I think she sometimes gets overly heated with her reactions to things--that although there are opinions she holds about a specific thing that others here might actually understand and share if she'd present those opinions in a different way--- and I've told her so. I do have to agree with one thing, though. It is noticeable that when she makes a thoughtful, very positive post, it seems to just blend into the threads without being acknowledged. When she fires off an opinion that isn't so positive, everyone 'notices' and is quick to take their "positions". Just sayin'.

Just sayin' this, too. As I've said to Couchie more than once...there are times on this board that the 'everything is beautiful and I just don't understand why you notice anything less than wonderful' mantra can become a bit overpowering too---sorta like that cologne my great aunt used to wear whenever she went to church. But hey! She was my aunt..whatchagonnado?

So if CG's pointed criticisms of Clay or Clay fans rub some the wrong way, I certainly understand. Hell, she's my friend and sometimes I wish she'd phrased her words a bit differently! :rolleyes:

But please, let's not start with the name calling. It's just as tempting sometimes---after a few pages of reading posts glorifying Clay and all his choices to a point of making him into some sort of creature above reproach---to fling out a few names in the other direction, but let's just not.

It's ugly, regardless who flings them.

What would you do?

Videos to the right.

---

When she fires off an opinion that isn't so positive, everyone 'notices' and is quick to take their "positions". Just sayin'.

Sorry. This is a bit of revistionist history.

she lead with...

I thought more people would be upset over the fact I said Clay looked like a girl

*shrug* What is one to make of that statement?

Also...just sayin'.

Smitten, I understood exactly what you were saying. And I'm right there with you as someone who pretty much likes how he looks all the time, mainly because I'm not paying attention to all those little details like hair, make-up, clothes, etc. He's Clay and thats who I like looking at and listening to and watching. You get the idea.

And hey Jamar. It was nice meeting you.

Going to stay out of the other mess. Best for me to keep my mouth shut.

You can interpret what I said any way you want. I'm not asking anyone to jump through hoops to please me..but I've cringed very few times since this board was created...certainly not enough to say anything, edit anyone, or delete anything....seems a rather low standard to reach IMO.

And geeze, one day jobless and look what I've wrought. I need a job. :cryingwlaughter: