#46: Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Ain't it grand? We've come a long way babee!
    • I love quirky Clay Aiken
    • Fascinating, outrageous Clay. Give me more. I want more.
    • The twisty tie confuses me EVERYtime
    • Still hotness after all these years!!
    • All that said - Orchestra, Band, Kazoo, Bongos, a capella - I'm there. Just sing for us, baby!!
    • If he's singing, I'm there, no matter what, no matter where!
    • As long as he wears his smile all is well
    • That's not just any man... That's OUR man! You're a GOOD MAN, Clay Aiken!

I would like to hurt the person or people who were raving over the Twilight books. Thank you, I am now addicted. Losing sleep to keep reading. :::sigh:::

What does a non-drinker look like?

She was saying give examples of things

earlier in Clay career he said he didn't drink I seem to remember a quote in his book something about bars only being for people looking for sex.

Then she thought he looked like he was drinking

There’s this guy I work with who never fails to annoy me. Why? Well, he’s pretty religious and doesn’t drink. When I mention going out to have a beer, he makes some comment about people getting drunk. I say, Yo, bonehead, it is possible to have a cocktail without getting rip roaring drunk. And you can go to bars without looking for sex OR getting drunk. I was at my local sports bar this evening watching football. Dinner, a couple beers, a fun time was had by all. Why does everything have to be one way or the other with no middle ground?? Now, Clay was a good bit younger when he made that comment and I would expect, in his growing up experience, that he would recognize that things aren’t so cut and dried.

I don't think he looks like he's been drinking...

I think he looks like he’s been blown. <g>

People can only push you away from a message board if you let them. Or you are really bad and you get banned. <g>

Jaycee, I personally admire the fact that you recognize without being told that much of what you see in Clay is your own perception – there are SO many people in this fandom who can’t manage that one thing. This is not my first fandom, so I learned long ago (due to many, MANY discussions about truth versus perception) to keep the pedestals low and that what we see of anyone like Clay is but a tiny fraction of who they are. So – yer fine, girl!

Clay and Ruben in Greensboro picture!

Awwww….that makes me all sentimental and shit. They both look darling.

Although I don't understand Jaycee's viewpoint, at least she was respectful, and brought about some good discussion on the board so I don't have a problem with respecting her view. And it's like KAndre said, we all have different visions of Clay that are more enjoyable than others. I loved the 2003 Clay. I just love the 2009 Clay more and I'm sure I'll love the future Clay even more. I think the reason I haven't had a problem with the changes is because I think change is a great thing most of the time, so I just accepted each new thing we learned about Clay as it happened. I didn't wake up one day and see someone totally different. Although the announcement did put me into shock for a couple of days. Had to re-shift some thinking on that one.

One of the things that I love the most about Clay, besides all the smutty stuff, is that he is one of the least judgemental people that I know. He's very accepting of others, much moreso than I will ever be, but I'm trying. However, for those fans who have stayed in the fandom but still act like total bitches, I have no patience whatsoever. If you are still pissed off for whatever reason, just go somewhere and work it out quietly because I'm sick of hearing it.

And georgiesmybaby, I love that picture of Clay and Ruben too. It was so sweet.

I would like to hurt the person or people who were raving over the Twilight books. Thank you, I am now addicted. Losing sleep to keep reading. :::sigh:::

oh my goodness LOVE THEM!! :) Im already for the new Moon movie :) but if you go see the movie, go with low expectations, its not like the book, its low budget and there are a few eye rolling moments, I went with low expectations and didnt expect it to be super and I enjoyed it very much :)

lol im having a disagreement with myself..dont mind me.

Smitten I hope things are going well with your new job and that you are enjoying CA!

freaky, about the time you talked to me on here I sent you an email :cryingwlaughter:

things are good..I like California a lot, the weather has been beautiful, which I guess is not normal for this time of year...I am still adjusting to the job, being on duty constantly is difficult..trying to figure out where my rights begin and my responsibilities end...but all that will come with time.

Smitten You have to be paid overtime if you work too many hours--there are laws about that. You should sit down with whoever pays you and figure out EXACTLY how many hours you are expected to work and when. Trust me on this, it's very easy to become the house slave--especially if you don't establish parameters right away.

Long live the Cluben! :wub:

WORD to wanda about statutes of limitations on pissing and moaning and all that stuff. Sorry, I'm tired.

It's been a long day, and I hate company functions, but I love Patrick Chan, 2 time Cdn figure skating champion, and I love Clay, who I hope to get the chance to see this year, performing in some capacity for meeeeeeeeeeeee.

Night all.

Don't know how many people do the view new posts thing and saw my posts in caregiver thread...but my mom had a horrible last 2 days and I was worried that we had "lost her" in the mental sense. But they took her off the medication she was on for anxiety and she went through a nasty bout of withdrawal, complete with hallucinations and really she was very confused and incoherent. Today, however, SHE WAS BACK! thank god.

smitten, glad you got to meet some clay fans. I look forward to meeting you one of these days real soon.

Don't know how many people do the view new posts thing and saw my posts in caregiver thread...but my mom had a horrible last 2 days and I was worried that we had "lost her" in the mental sense. But they took her off the medication she was on for anxiety and she went through a nasty bout of withdrawal, complete with hallucinations and really she was very confused and incoherent. Today, however, SHE WAS BACK! thank god.

Couchie I'm so glad to hear that things are finally looking a little better for your mom. I can imagine how stressful this has been for you.

Just droppin' by to say "hey!" :hello:

Love the title of the thread BTW:

Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.

:yeahthat:

YAY couchiemom!

Okay, why is it that I can read "couchie" as "couch E" but when I read "couchiemom", I read it as "coochiemamma"???

:cryingwlaughter:

I adore the Cluben and adore the fact that they are still such close and supportive friends!

:yeahthat:

Did Clay take a whirl in a time machine or something?

I think maybe so? :hahaha:

But his hair really does look like it was caught in a time warp!

:cryingwlaughter:

That it does. :hahaha: I thought that when I saw that picture...how much they looked like they did in 2003.

I think he looks like he’s been blown. <g>

:naughtywag:

Beats the doing the blowing image that somebody stuck in my head the other day!

:scream:

CF's such a prude. However, it's so much fun squicking you out that I can't help discussing it, so you are just going to have to get used to it.

Now I'm going to have to come up with different scenarios to put into your head. What fun.

That's great news :)

I am very happy for you and her

Couchie... :clap: that your momma is better! Hope you are, too!!!

Jaycee... I'm glad you tried to express yourself, which you did quite well, I thought. I understood what you were trying to say. I thought some very interesting conversation came out of it (see below) and I hope some of it helped you. Don't glom onto what distressed you in some posts, but onto what helped you... and keep posting, please!

To me, each facet that gets revealed is not a change in Clay, it is a change in what I know about Clay.

djs :yeahthat:

I ditto the above!!!

That does not mean he is exactly the same as he was on AI. Of course he has changed some over time, but that is no different than the way you or I change as time goes on. I don't see that as changing into a different person. I see that as growing as a person. Everything anyone has loved about Clay is still there and always will be. We are just discovering even more layers that make him the amazing person that he is.

claylove... :yeahthat: Very good!!!

How did this weekend go so fast???? How can tomorrow be Monday already???? We don't get MLK day off, so those of you who do, enjoy!!!

CF's such a prude. However, it's so much fun squicking you out that I can't help discussing it, so you are just going to have to get used to it.

Now I'm going to have to come up with different scenarios to put into your head. What fun.

Oh great. Are you here too???

Let's see...what appropriate emote does FCA have for this occasion... hmmmm...

:biteme:

Ack...no...she might actually try it. *ptooey*

Oh lookie...perfect!

:finger:

Am not a prude.

Am not.

Am not.

Am not.

Ask Muski. I've read and commented on all of her fanfics. :naughtywag:

I can smut with the best of 'em and I love me some Waldo! :hubbahubba:

but I ain't ready for thoughts of Clay...um...er...that hypothesis re: why his lip is all chapped...

running.gif

:hugs-1: for Couch Tomato and for Couch Tomato Mum!

:hello: to canfly!

Weeeee! :)

OK, I find this --> :humor00239: both hilarious and slightly disturbing.

Oh, and as long as I'm being random, is it just me or does it seem like there's been a dearth of new thread-title suggestions?

but I ain't ready for thoughts of Clay...um...er...that hypothesis re: why his lip is all chapped...

Heh....oh, I imagine that things are far past the 'hypothesis' stage, canfly.....

yep. Let's see...how does the progression go? Is it a theory after a hypothesis? And then, once REAL proof ( :hubbahubba: ) is available, THEN what's it called?

Fact? Irrefutable fact?

Hell, Clay's lips are too damned sensual and hot NOT to get chapped 'that way', IMO...regardless of who helps them get there....

Ok...will admit to the fact that my friend Clayphoria/Sparky and I noted during the Jan 2, 3, 4th weekend, how extremely "oral" Clay is. He had his tongue sticking out of his mouth more than not.

:tasty:

ETA: and on THAT note...

:offtobed:

that gif thing is a little terrifying

I have always found that gif to be horrifying.

As for Clay and the increased tongue action on the last weekend, could he not have decided to give his fans an extra treat since it was obvious how much that tongue was appreciated?

And I don't believe that the only information he gets from fan boards is from the OFC.

that gif thing is a little terrifying

I have always found that gif to be horrifying.

As for Clay and the increased tongue action on the last weekend, could he not have decided to give his fans an extra treat since it was obvious how much that tongue was appreciated?

Maybe sticking his tongue out helps him remember the dance steps :)

And I don't believe that the only information he gets from fan boards is from the OFC.

Really where do you think he gets information from ?